• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Longsword

Looks like it's slowing down a bit. I need my co-op, vs and battle animations ASAP! :p

The game is only available in 7 countries right now. Imagine the amount of DLs they will get in Korea, China, Hong Kong, South America...

This is just clever tactics by Mistwalker, getting 2M downloads on day one would have made the DL starter pointless.

anaron

The game is only available in 7 countries right now. Imagine the amount of DLs they will get in Korea, China, Hong Kong, South America...

This is just clever tactics by Mistwalker, getting 2M downloads on day one would have made the DL starter pointless.
Oh I know, I'm just being impatient. :p

Why have my recent pulls been Supportive Mages? I know they'll be useful later in the game but they're not useful now. The Spearman and Swordsman I have are boring as all hell and I want to replace them. Ugggh.

Visceir

Why would you want that?

Wasn't the console game supposed to be a different game all together and not a port?

I quite like the universe and artstyle, wouldn't mind having more games take place in that universe.

A Final Fantasy XII type rpg would be a dream come true, a final fantasy tactics style game would also be quite awesome (I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment here, haha)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Wasn't the console game supposed to be a different game all together and not a port?

I quite like the universe and artstyle, wouldn't mind having more games take place in that universe.

A Final Fantasy XII type rpg would be a dream come true, a final fantasy tactics style game would also be quite awesome (I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment here, haha)

If anything, its probably the same type of game, but with a new campaign and button controls to move around the pieces. I really wonder why they plan on doing one though, as the potential income from the mobile version is probably a LOT higher than a possible console one.

SmokyDave

Oh, I seeeeee!

Yeah, that makes sense. I thought you wanted to play this on a console. That didn't make sense.

Visceir

If anything, its probably the same type of game, but with a new campaign and button controls to move around the pieces. I really wonder why they plan on doing one though, as the potential income from the mobile version is probably a LOT higher than a possible console one.

Ok, I looked up an article that talks about it.

"The basic message is that it's not going to be a port," Sakaguchi said. "We're trying to get a grid and implement that in a console game ... The idea is very fluid right now. You're going to be able to tell it's from Terra Battle."

Sakaguchi is still unsure of which consoles the game will launch for, or how exactly the game will work. Currently, the basic idea is to structure it as a massively multiplayer online game in which players must work together.

"We have a plethora of characters that you can work with — 165 characters — and one main concept: align your team on the same line," Sakaguchi said of the mobile game. "That's one of the concepts you work with. So [we're] going to get the characters all in 3D. It's definitely not going to be a port."

So 3D characters and "massively multiplayer online game"

anaron

500k download notification is up here in the UK. I like this idea, it's interesting to see how the downloads tail off over time.

Why would you want that?
It's already been answered but from the site:

5gjZNWE.jpg

Is there a point to recruiting characters with money rather than energy? I mean all the characters that I have been recruiting with money are C or less, while with energy I have only been getting A,S and SS.

Visceir

Is there a point to recruiting characters with money rather than energy? I mean all the characters that I have been recruiting with money are C or less, while with energy I have only been getting A,S and SS.

You can get B rank monsters from the coin recruitment, they could be useful sometimes as power wise they are equal to other B rank characters and can have skills/class you might need in a certain battle.

I got a B rank boss monster that was spear user. I was considering using it, since I needed a spear user in a chapter full of sword enemies.

There's also the small chance you get the new SS character that was just added to the game, she can be obtained through coin recruitment.

Hastati

Isn't it a difference between player characters and monster characters? I thought the ones you roll from coins are all encounter/boss monsters, while the ones you use energy for are all potential main characters with integrated backstories.

You can get B rank monsters from the coin recruitment, they could be useful sometimes as power wise they are equal to other B rank characters and can have skills/class you might need in a certain battle.

I got a B rank boss monster that was spear user. I was considering using it, since I needed a spear user in a chapter full of sword enemies.

There's also the small chance you get the new SS character that was just added to the game, she can be obtained through coin recruitment.

Makes sense, well thanks. Guess I've just been really lucky with the energy, and very unlucky with the money so far LOL. I've only gotten crappy monsters through the latter aha.

EDIT:
Isn't it a difference between player characters and monster characters? I thought the ones you roll from coins are all encounter/boss monsters, while the ones you use energy for are all potential main characters with integrated backstories.

That would explain why I only get crappy monsters lol.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Money characters seem to be a good way to get characters with special abilities earlier. I've had pretty good runs with Energy pulls, but abilities like Sleep, Regen, and Time slow are generally locked away on late levels and later jobs with them. I loved the Lava Mummy whom I got for my first Money Pull; I've yet to get anyone else that has Regen.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I thought someone said you could get the new SS character through the coin recruitment?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I only have enough coin to get the 3rd job for one character. Should it be Kuscah the bro or Bagunar the B-star?

Kuscah all the way. He has time control on his third job, massively amazing skill.

I only have enough coin to get the 3rd job for one character. Should it be Kuscah the bro or Bagunar the B-star?

Kuscah just to help him get that six pack he so desperetaly needs sooner.

I discovered a major problem. My phone sometimes slightly lags so when I'm moving units around it hiccups and it fucks up my units in a major way

Celegus

Woo, got a sweet rank A fire mage from the free energy yesterday. Took out 8 enemies at once with her fire skill in her first battle!

Koozek

Jeeesus, I nearly lost my savestate due to a black screen bug after a Puppet Zone battle where the game wouldn't go past the start screen anymore. Luckily enough, I had the idea to make a backup of the app with Titanium, then de- and reinstall it and then restore the backup. It works again, now, but man was I scared first :D

EVERYONE, write down your Inquiry/User ID/name (+ the password you have to set in the Data Transfer/Change Device menu) which you can check in the option menu.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Just rolled and got Eileen. Her profile... lol.

And just as the brightest light casts the deepest shadows, the radiant songstress's heart seethes with a viscous darkness. Co-stars who've spent a night with her have allegedly fled upon hearing her mumble in her sleep, "I've not killed a thing of late..." And do not ask her age...ever.

Uthred

Jeeesus, I nearly lost my savestate due to a black screen bug after a Puppet Zone battle where the game wouldn't go past the start screen anymore. Luckily enough, I had the idea to make a backup of the app with Titanium, then de- and reinstall it and then restore the backup. It works again, now, but man was I scared first :D

EVERYONE, write down your Inquiry/User ID/name (+ the password you have to set in the Data Transfer/Change Device menu) which you can check in the option menu.

Good advice, something similar happened to me, its well worth going into the transfer device option and setting a password, you dont even have to write it down you can simply snap a screenshot and that way you're good unless the device itself goes tits up (and thats assuming you dont autobackup your photos)

dramatis

What lvl are your characters? I'm only averaging around 10 chests with lvl 30 characters.
It's partially a matter of luck. I had one run with total 34 items, and others where I'm at 18. Not all of the enemies drop items, so it's slightly rng.

meow

After spending 6k coins on the Pact of Fellowship and getting the ostrich monster twice (ugh) spent my free energy and pulled SS Lewto. Finally!

putermcgee

How are people getting enough coins to add jobs? I have a hard enough time saving up 3000 to recruit a character, let alone 8-10,000 for a second job.

Also, is there a reason/need to keep Kuscah on your team if you get a higher class mage? I pulled an A'merpact, which is an A class ice mage, and my other mage is an SS class Amimari. I don't really want more than two mages on any of my teams.

I got lucky and pulled an S class Djugan today. He looks like a total badass, but I'm not thrilled about the girl that hangs out on his shoulder.

Toma

How are people getting enough coins to add jobs? I have a hard enough time saving up 3000 to recruit a character, let alone 8-10,000 for a second job.

Also, is there a reason/need to keep Kuscah on your team if you get a higher class mage? I pulled an A'merpact, which is an A class ice mage, and my other mage is an SS class Amimari. I don't really want more than two mages on any of my teams.

I got lucky and pulled an S class Djugan today. He looks like a total badass, but I'm not thrilled about the girl that hangs out on his shoulder.

I am rolling with 2 healer mages (one for each line) and an attack AOE mage, but Amimari is perfectly fine if you just want to replace Kuscah.

And dont use coins for recruitment, then the coins will eventually save up.

kulapik

How do you make those goddamn Runners not escape from you in the Metal Zone? I'm losing a lot of potential XP because of them.

Toma

Does anyone know whether the % skill raise (blue B) is calculated as a percentage or as an added percentage?

Meaning if a skill has a 30% chance to trigger and your character has 50% skill raise, does it trigger 80% of the time or 45%?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I am rolling with 2 healer mages (one for each line) and an attack AOE mage, but Amimari is perfectly fine if you just want to replace Kuscah.

And dont use coins for recruitment, then the coins will eventually save up.

Im also rollin with 2 healers and i have to say its a pretty good strat. Just keep one on each side and as long as they are in the chain--we cool. The spider battle was pretty trivial for me for this very reason.

That said, I've got shit for AOE.

Kntj

I had a boss enemy in puppet show, but didn't kill it in time. What did I miss out on? D:
Has happened only once in about 10 tries.

Top Bottom