• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

chrono01

Pulled seven times on the Pact of Friendship, no Sheena. Someone on another forum got her, though, so it's definitely possible with Coins.

so err, just started the gamw, and got to messages where theres one that says confirm your id and in the username area its blank, anyone else get that?

Pulled seven times on the Pact of Friendship, no Sheena. Someone on another forum got her, though, so it's definitely possible with Coins.

HOLY SHIT, I just got her, 2nd pull!

edit: She has Megasword, attack +10%, Control Time +2, and Restorative counter for first class. Also, anyone notice how many 20 year old women there are in this game? I wonder if she turns into a healer later, since her description says she has a talent for healing. That would be cool to have an attacker who can also heal others.

Azusa

Pulled Gegonago the Space Mage. At last I have my first mage and he has a levitation. Double win.

But the most interesting, I think, that he has a synergy with my another character - Nakupi. I have Nakupi in my box and when I checked Gegonago profile he has a special addition to his initial profile text:

tEeqtwz.png

WkVEDHJ.png

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I feel like there are way too many Spear characters (and the % to get B ranked characters on the energy gacha is too damn high!)

Intel_89

I can't seem to be able to download it which is a bit strange, it's the first Google Play game that says that I can't download/install it because of my devices country. :|

Is there some way to work around this or am I just screwed?

anaron

I can't seem to be able to download it which is a bit strange, it's the first Google Play game that says that I can't download/install it because of my devices country. :|

What country you in?

Visceir

Toodles posted a guide how to install it when you're not in one of the official countries, here you go:

Posted this about 12 hours ago, I'll repost it now for the other half of the world.

===

For those who still don't have the game in their Google Play store -

• Go here and download the .apk and the .obb.
  • You'll need an apk installer for your phone. I use one that's, neatly enough, called 'APK Installer'. Search the Play Store and install the program.
  • Connect your phone to your PC.
  • Transfer the .apk to a 'holding' folder on your phone (I dumped it in <Download>).
  • Go to Android/Obb and create a new folder called 'com.mistwalker.guardians'. Transfer the obb. file into this. (If you intend to install the game on an SD card instead of main memory, I think you use the folder SD/Android/Obb..? Don't know. I don't have an SD card on my phone, so not sure how it presents itself.
  • Open your APK Installer, navigate to wherever you're holding the apk. and install.

This worked for me in Sweden (unavailable) and I've been happily playing since launch day.

Two things to note:
  1. I'm not sure what will happen when the game has a version update, but I'm assuming it'll either be a case of finding just the new .apk and reinstalling, or perhaps you'll need the obb. also. Shouldn't be a problem though, I go through a similar process updating my Puzzle&Dragons. Been playing that for a year through at least half a dozen version updates (though doesn't have all the .obb crap). Don't hold me to any of this though.
  2. Once the game is officially released in your Google Play Store, I think you should be fine to install the game officially (important for the 2mil users goal!) and do a Data Transfer (in-game options) to carry your progress over. Again, I'm as unfamiliar with the process as you are, so try not to hate me if it turns out that things aren't this simple.

I'm really impressed with my S rank sword user Zuzu character. He has a skill that just does 1000 dmg flat. I don't know how the damage scales later on but right now that's 3 - 5x more than my other characters do. Otherwise he also has the highest atk I've ever seen.

Got lucky and was able to get S Rank Zafitte the Flatfooted. I've heard she's very useful later in the game.

Also got A'merpact the Froastbreath and holy crap is he good. I mean his AoE magic hits like a freaking truck.

Koozek

Daaayum, just got between 30k-80k EXP in the Metal Zone :D This game, man. So fun. The kind of F2P game where you feel bad if you don't throw the devs a few bucks once in a while. Never had that feeling with other ones.
Would've never expected this after it was revealed as a mobile game a while ago, haha. Still, it'd be nice to have a pay upfront version with no stamina stuff sometimes (maybe the eventual console version).

I'm usually playing with 2 healers on my team, so my goal in every attack is to make sure there's a healer on each side of the pincer.
That's my strategy, too. I can't even imagine that it's possible to play without at least one healer, to be honest. Is someone here doing that? Would be interesting to hear your strategy in that case^^

EDIT: Yay, got Czekras (SS) with my first Pact of Truth :p
250px-Czekras-Job1.png

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I am feeling pretty good about the diversity of my general team setup. I got all 3 weapon types, 3 different elemental damage attacks, 2 healers (one of which can also attack) and one AOE mage.

Jennish, SS Mage, Thunder
Amimari, SS Healer/Sword
Czekras, SS Sword, Ice
Kuscah, B Healer
O'Pari, B Bow, Fire
R'aprow, B, Spear

Replacing the B's would be neat, but its a very versatile team, so I am pretty satisified with how this is going atm.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I get between 80-120k for a metal run and often times get 0-1 level out of it. Am I to assume this is the only way to grind levels in this game ever?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I get between 80-120k for a metal run and often times get 0-1 level out of it. Am I to assume this is the only way to grind levels in this game ever?

You can only get levels until Level 20 in the first metal zone.

Ducarmel

With the update and 5 free energy decided too pull 4 times

Androclops, Magma Mummy and Sabertooth King from pact of fellowship

Samupi A class from Pact of Truth

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
I refuse to believe any of you guys : characters above B class just don't exist. I they did, I'd pull one.

The A fire mage I have is simply a bug.

Celegus

I refuse to believe any of you guys : characters above B class just don't exist. I they did, I'd pull one.

The A fire mage I have is simply a bug.

Same boat as me, I have one A and a crapload of Ds, Cs, and Bs. Almost done with Chapter 5 and it's still been easy though.

Ryuukan

Tin Parade 2 makin it rain

Bz_WBhBIMAAiSmR.jpg

yes I still use the generic knights, have yet to spend an energy other than initial SS roll

muu

Decided I'm going to reroll. Got to ch12 with my Amina acct (which has had crap rolls since) but to hell with it. I got SS Czekras, gutz and a S mage.

How useful does the SS mages get in the late game? Big AoE spam sounds enticing, but maybe I'm expecting too much out of it to keep going for a reroll...

Celegus

Decided I'm going to reroll. Got to ch12 with my Amina acct (which has had crap rolls since) but to hell with it. I got SS Czekras, gutz and a S mage.

How useful does the SS mages get in the late game? Big AoE spam sounds enticing, but maybe I'm expecting too much out of it to keep going for a reroll...

That sounds totally crazy. Starting over from chapter 12?!

wrowa

I really like this game, but yet I'm rather hesitant to put any money into this. So far I've got 20 energies just by playing the game, so I had four times the chance to roll for a character. Of those 4 times, I got 2 duplicates. Taking into account that 5 energies cost about 4€ I'd be really frustrated if I spent that much money only to get a relatively useless +1 level and a stat boost. Either I'm just unlucky or the game desperately needs more characters, so that the chance to draw a duplicate isn't as high.

Yaari

I like that Gold is not a useless currency in this game unlike many other iOS games.

Do you guys have any kind of special setup in terms of classes, like 2 sword 2 spear or whatever. Or do you just use the best characters available?

J0dy77

Don't see her posted yet but here are her skills (at least 1st job)

I've rerolled more times than I care to admit and can't get an SS mob. What's this pact of truth that everyone is referencing and should I just play the game without an SS? The tedium is really getting to me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Running with 3 magic users is too much I've decided. Instead, I think I'll do this:

• Kuscah the Acolyte - perma member because I need a healer
  • Jennish the Thunderous - anytime I'm looking to progress the story, I'll use him
  • Eileen the Songstress - I'll use her when running anything with those stupid metal runners since she sleeps them 100%

My "problem" is that the other 7 characters I have are all only 1 job poop dudes. I have 7 energy, but I'm going to save that up for a bit. I want to get an A or better archer.

linkent

just started playing this.
should i just use all my energy to recruit? or is there any other important use?

i see coin is needed for changing job. should i save the coin for this? or just spend on recruiting too?

got an S and SS for my starting account :D

meow

I just did some swapping and the lvl 10 sword I pulled is pulling more weight than my lvl 22 mage. Her paralyze aoe misses ALL the time seems like and her damage output is crap, too. I assume at some point enemies will paralyze and then maybe she'll be moderately useful, but if they miss as often as she does, I don't think it'll be a big hindrance.

Also three of my characters need rainbow tears for their jobs and I have gotten zero ahhhh

muu

That sounds totally crazy. Starting over from chapter 12?!

7 days of light playing, not a big deal in the big scheme of things. It's also showed me what kind of things I'm looking for.

The S mage pincer area attack is really nice so far...

Takuan

Pulled a B with the free 5 energy they gave out today. Does this mean 3 shots per re-roll now?

Did another pudding run and got 2xOxsecium, enough to job change Zuzu! ...now I have to level him up again all the way from lvl 1, so worth it tho.

FcDign1.jpg

I completed Chapter 11 earlier and am hesitating with tackling Chapter 12. Heard that's when the game gets really tough. Figured I would take some time to perhaps advance another character to second class and level them up a bit.

Can you post a screencap of his art when you get a chance? Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom