• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
How do you change job?
You need mats and gold to unlock a second and then a third job for each character. You can find the requirement at the tavern > Add job

The game shows how its done at some point after chapter 4 IIRC.

putermcgee

If there's not a Twitter account announcing when the Metal Zones are open, there really should be one. It was never open whenever I was playing, but I caught it just a few minutes before it closed and was amazed at how much faster my characters were leveling up.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
If there's not a Twitter account announcing when the Metal Zones are open, there really should be one. It was never open whenever I was playing, but I caught it just a few minutes before it closed and was amazed at how much faster my characters were leveling up.

http://terrabattlex.com/

I like that Gold is not a useless currency in this game unlike many other iOS games.

Do you guys have any kind of special setup in terms of classes, like 2 sword 2 spear or whatever. Or do you just use the best characters available?

I change my team members based on what I'm expecting to encounter. Majority of spear enemies, send in bow-wielders, etc.

Visceir

Can you post a screencap of his art when you get a chance? Thanks in advance.

The spearhead of my party, deals loads of damage, but his skills only activate when hes the one attacking the monster.

yDWYa0l.jpg
l8rS9LZ.jpg

I change my team members based on what I'm expecting to encounter. Majority of spear enemies, send in bow-wielders, etc.

I didn't realize until just recently but the screen before the battle actually shows what kind of enemies you will encounter. Wouldn't probably do any major changes to my main crew anyway.

Uthred

Blew 30,000 on 10 rolls for pact of friendship, all junk. Got an interesting looking A swordsman (Korin) from the free 5 energy, skills seem to be focused on self heals and defence boosts.

FinKL

just started playing this.
should i just use all my energy to recruit? or is there any other important use?

i see coin is needed for changing job. should i save the coin for this? or just spend on recruiting too?

got an S and SS for my starting account :D

Use Energy to recruit (only way to get a "hero") but if you die you need energy to continue or replenish stamina.

Yeah, use coin to change job, but if you feel lucky theres currently 1 SS Character in the coin slot machine (Pact of Fellowship)

muu

Use Energy to recruit (only way to get a "hero") but if you die you need energy to continue or replenish stamina.

Yeah, use coin to change job, but if you feel lucky theres currently 1 SS Character in the coin slot machine (Pact of Fellowship)

who's that?

edit: ohh, the 200K new character. It'd be awesome if they keep adding SS characters thru non-IAP means.

depths20XX

I'm guessing Tin Parade 2 gives more stuff than the first one?

Someone said they got 20 drops. I kill nearly everything in Tin Parade 1 and get like 7 drops.

thefro

I like that Gold is not a useless currency in this game unlike many other iOS games.

Do you guys have any kind of special setup in terms of classes, like 2 sword 2 spear or whatever. Or do you just use the best characters available?

My crew is 2 Spear, 2 Bow, 1 Sword, 1 Healer but they were basically my best available characters. Rolled my 2nd S rank and an A rank with the free energy today so I may be tweaking that a bit.

I think ideally you'd want to have 2 of the attacking classes plus a Healer/Mage all around the same level so you can sub out depending on the upcoming battles (the screen before the chapter tells you what you're going to be facing).

I'm just halfway through Chapter 6 right now.

Ducarmel

Someone said they got 20 drops. I kill nearly everything in Tin Parade 1 and get like 7 drops.

Check the dungeon tactical info screen before entering if there is a level cap then bringing characters over the level cap will effect the drop rate, I also believe rarity of the characters affects the drop rate also but not as much as bringing characters over the level requirement.

For example hunting zone one is only for characters in the level range of 1-19 if you bring characters 20+ in the dungeon it will affect the drop rate drastically.

Same with metal zones make sure your team is with in the level range.

Skip the first Hunting Zone. Drop rates are awful for stamina wasted.

Run through the story (after maxing with Metal Zone1) to unlock Hunting Zone 2 (Ch 9), then start farming what you need for job changes.

Nohar

My. I thought I had lost all hopes to get an interesting character, and the game just gave me Koko (SS). Nice, nice, nice! I was laking a good spearman (well, spearwoman).

Takuan

The spearhead of my party, deals loads of damage, but his skills only activate when hes the one attacking the monster.

I didn't realize until just recently but the screen before the battle actually shows what kind of enemies you will encounter. Wouldn't probably do any major changes to my main crew anyway.
Thanks! I wound up re-rolling and got a B speardude + SS mage (the frog). I'm sticking with this team since was one of my top desired SS characters. Maybe I'll luck out on a pull later on.

Koozek

Sheei', some of the battles in Chapter 6 (like the big spider) are hard. It's so satisfying beating them with some crazy moves, though :D

Koozek

That spider boss was fun!

I just finished a mission where the boss flee'd? That was dumb. :(

Yeah, but it took me 2 tries to find a spot where I was basically invincible and just had to endure with only one warrior and a healer^^ Strategy:
Everybody has to stand 2 fields away vertically from the boss and wait till there is a minion spider between each one of your chars so that you pinch them plus the boss. You can't be hurt in that position, because the small spiders only have lateral attacks and you stand above/below them.

Visceir

google play says the game isn't available in my region (south America) is there any other way to download it?

Guess I'm gonna quote this post again for the new page, Toodles made a guide how to get the game:

Posted this about 12 hours ago, I'll repost it now for the other half of the world.

===

For those who still don't have the game in their Google Play store -

• Go here and download the .apk and the .obb.
  • You'll need an apk installer for your phone. I use one that's, neatly enough, called 'APK Installer'. Search the Play Store and install the program.
  • Connect your phone to your PC.
  • Transfer the .apk to a 'holding' folder on your phone (I dumped it in <Download>).
  • Go to Android/Obb and create a new folder called 'com.mistwalker.guardians'. Transfer the obb. file into this. (If you intend to install the game on an SD card instead of main memory, I think you use the folder SD/Android/Obb..? Don't know. I don't have an SD card on my phone, so not sure how it presents itself.
  • Open your APK Installer, navigate to wherever you're holding the apk. and install.

This worked for me in Sweden (unavailable) and I've been happily playing since launch day.

Two things to note:
  1. I'm not sure what will happen when the game has a version update, but I'm assuming it'll either be a case of finding just the new .apk and reinstalling, or perhaps you'll need the obb. also. Shouldn't be a problem though, I go through a similar process updating my Puzzle&Dragons. Been playing that for a year through at least half a dozen version updates (though doesn't have all the .obb crap). Don't hold me to any of this though.
  2. Once the game is officially released in your Google Play Store, I think you should be fine to install the game officially (important for the 2mil users goal!) and do a Data Transfer (in-game options) to carry your progress over. Again, I'm as unfamiliar with the process as you are, so try not to hate me if it turns out that things aren't this simple.

Also -- enter this gift code in options for extra 5 energy (to roll another character) dhth66nWXVCbjdTC

Thanks! I wound up re-rolling and got a B speardude + SS mage (the frog). I'm sticking with this team since was one of my top desired SS characters. Maybe I'll luck out on a pull later on.

I started with the SS frog mage as well -- probably the best character to start out with.

I would recommend people to avoid mages who only have status effects as their first character. The status effects rarely actually stick to enemies and their damage output is really poor. Same goes for healing mages as well, since you already got a decent healing mage in the form of Kuscah. I'd recommend everyone to try to roll for a decent damage dealer with active skills.

I'm making my way through chapter 13, waiting for Metal zone 3 to open up so I can quickly get my lvl 35 skills. Unfortunately I had to temporarely ditch my beloved Zuzu sword guy since all the enemies in chapter 13 are spear users.

forgrim

Guess I'm gonna quote this post again for the new page, Toodles made a guide how to get the game:

Also -- enter this gift code in options for extra 5 energy (to roll another character) dhth66nWXVCbjdTC

I started with the SS frog mage as well -- probably the best character to start out with.

I would recommend people to avoid mages who only have status effects as their first character. The status effects rarely actually stick to enemies and their damage output is really poor. Same goes for healing mages as well, since you already got a decent healing mage in the form of Kuscah. I'd recommend everyone to try to roll for a decent damage dealer with active skills.

I'm making my way through chapter 13, waiting for Metal zone 3 to open up so I can quickly get my lvl 35 skills. Unfortunately I had to temporarely ditch my beloved Zuzu sword guy since all the enemies in chapter 13 are spear users.

Quick question: is this anything like that Guardian Cross game from Square-Enix? At the core at least.

Absolutely nothing like guardian or deadmans cross.

AwShucks

Just got the 5 free energy. Will recruit tonight and see what I get. Did one of the hunting grounds without much success. Just going to try to grind through to unlock the next one rather than mining the first hunting ground.

Just started with this yesterday. Loving it way more than I had thought I would.

My initial pulls were nothing spectacular, two B's, and the three I've gotten since then are two A's and Zuzu the Shadow, an S Swordsman. Still in Chapter 3 but this is kind of hooking me.

forgrim

I see; I'd like to partake, but oi ran out of money...

I pretty much spent the entire day farming for 3 of all the tears and particles just in case I wanted to job change in the next week...I can reliably get 20-30 drops in tin parade which is awesome. Coin farming will be all weekend hahaha

meow

What does Outflank do? The only person I'm even moderately close to getting a 2nd job for is ba'gunar the mildly useful.

Visceir

Gave Metal Zone 3 a try. It costs 20 stamina to enter and as usual the monsters flee after just 1 turn.

I ended up getting just 25 000 exp, which is really ineffective. I got the same amount of exp doing a level in chapter 13 and it only cost me 10 stamina to do that. I guess from here on out I have to find levels like that to farm exp.

jwhit28

Tin Parade is my least favorite hunt. I like the one where you get 12 seconds of control time for the whole battle the most.

Nikokuno

A little question, my brother start playing the game and got nothing good after the Chapter 1, someone know how to reroll on iOS? Thanks.

Just saw the SS tier character, I'm fucking jealous even if I got 2 two A tier (Frost Mage and Sword) chars...

Zorbane

Neo Member
A little question, my brother start playing the game and got nothing good after the Chapter 1, someone know how to reroll on iOS? Thanks.

Just saw the SS tier character, I'm fucking jealous even if I got 2 two A tier (Frost Mage and Sword) chars...

Easiest way is to just uninstall the game and install it again.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Gave Metal Zone 3 a try. It costs 20 stamina to enter and as usual the monsters flee after just 1 turn.

I ended up getting just 25 000 exp, which is really ineffective. I got the same amount of exp doing a level in chapter 13 and it only cost me 10 stamina to do that. I guess from here on out I have to find levels like that to farm exp.
Maybe you just got unlucky and didn't kill much?

Thanks to Hunting zone yesterday and farming today. I was able to get my second job on Yukken (sword user). 9 Forlorn stones away from Lewto's second job (my other ss rank)

New characters: Samupi (Spear in first form, but it looks like he changes weapons on job change A-Rank), Bonna (Anti Petrification healer, S-rank) I actually pulled her with enough mats to get her second job immediately but I figured Yukken was more important,

In addition, Mantledrake dropped from the last battle of chapter 7. Is he scripted? It is B-Rank so he comes with a full class of skills that cast fire magic. If there is ever a dungeon full of ice I should be set between him and Lewto...

OK question: for the characters that change weapons between jobs, can they still activate the other weapon attack skills while in their other jobs?

Saprol

These Magma Mummies are super annoying in Ch9. Not a threat but just a lot of time spent separating them.

In addition, Mantledrake dropped from the last battle of chapter 7. Is he scripted? It is B-Rank so he comes with a full class of skills that cast fire magic. If there is ever a dungeon full of ice I should be set between him and Lewto...

OK question: for the characters that change weapons between jobs, can they still activate the other weapon attack skills while in their other jobs?
The only scripted one I've encountered is Ba'gunar seeing how there was actual dialogue after the fight. Bosses can be recruited and there's a basic list that was posted earlier at http://terrabattleforum.com/threads/guide-non-iap-guide.84/

Characters also unlock additional slots underneath their 4 job skills that lets them equip skills from other jobs they have.

Hige

Use iFunbox or iExplorer to delete savedata.bin from the game's documents folder so you can reroll without wasting bandwidth by deleting and reinstalling the game.

The OP really needs to be updated. -_-

Visceir

Characters also unlock additional slots underneath their 4 job skills that lets them equip skills from other jobs they have.

How can you unlock those slots?

Maybe you just got unlucky and didn't kill much?

It's 50 - 75 k exp in metal zone for 20 stamina vs 10 - 25 k damage, progressing in story and working towards getting the next 1 energy/full stamina for 11 stamina. The second option makes more sense to me. Besides I can work towards getting to the chapter where I can actually farm items for job change.

Just checked and the daily login bonus for 6th day is 4 energy all together, nice! I'll be able to roll for another new character tomorrow.

Top Bottom