• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Neol

Ugh been getting Orichalcum's and Dark Matter but I just need one Animaton.

I just want the sword job for my Amimari ;-;

AwShucks

Finally unlocked Metal Zone 2 and leveled up my main party to 30+

Having done that, Chapter 9 is going a bit more smooth than 8 was, but I don't have any good bow users so it's not that easy to counter the spear heavy enemies. Just try to overpower them and hope my ice mage casts his spell.

Looking forward to unlocking the second hunting ground.

Visceir

Yeah, I've long since stopped getting Energy per day [since I started during the Canadian soft launch]. Now I basically get one free roll per week and that's it. It's even more depressing when it's a simple B Rank character [or a dupe]. :(

Enjoy the free Energy now!

I better get my second SS mage before that happens!

The next bonus I'll be getting is 3+2 so I get to have another try in an hour or so.

What is your current team like at the moment? You've been playing for a while now.

Edit: I'd accept Samatha too.

zulux21

I checked the login bonuses again. After the initial first 10 days you'll be only getting 5 energy every 8 days, that's not even 1 energy per day -- it'll take you more than a week to roll a new character. If you don't count the energy gotten from chapters you'll be able to roll a new character once every 8 days...

I hope they'll introduce some kind of events to get more energy or have other means to get more energy.

that is still better than most of other games out there. PAD unless they are giving out magic stones in the event only gives out some every like 100-150 days for overall log in bonuses. (they give out plenty during events though, but it still is only typically like 15 in a month unless they break the game via an update)

it's quite possible that terra battles will do like PAD as well and continue to give out random energy for events and what not such as what they did when we hit 500k.

Visceir

Ok, so I can confirm that Orichalcum does indeed drop in 15-6, it's an uncommon drop from the boss monster. I finally got the last one I needed and my commander Piz'fer got the second job

dlT7kw1.jpg

....now to go farm the Gae Bolg in 8-10 for the 3rd job, haha :(

Riposte

Alright, so, since I'm not really sure what I'm doing and resources are highly limited, what are some party management tips/goals?

chrono01

I better get my second SS mage before that happens!

The next bonus I'll be getting is 3+2 so I get to have another try in an hour or so.

What is your current team like at the moment? You've been playing for a while now.

Edit: I'd accept Samatha too.
Unfortunately, my luck with Energy has been pretty bad. Aside from the S Rank I received upon my first draw [Djugan] and the SS I managed last night [A'misandra], those are the only two S/SS Rank I have. :/

I have a bunch of other Units, though, and decently leveled.

Grace [all Jobs unlocked]:

Level 40
Level 40
Level 44

Bahl [two Jobs unlocked]:

Level 42
Level 43

A'merpact [all Jobs unlocked]:

Level 40
Level 42
Level 20

Kana [all Jobs unlocked]:

Level 39
Level 37
Level 43

Eileen [all Jobs unlocked]:

Level 36
Level 40
Level 42

A'misandra [one job unlocked, NEW]:

Level 19

And other various B Rank Units.

Visceir

Alright, so, since I'm not really sure what I'm doing and resources are highly limited, what are some party management tips/goals?

That is a really broad question. How far into the game are you? Did you redeem the promo code and get the 2 extra characters after the tutorial?

Kuscah is enough support to carry pretty much the whole team, you'll want to start out with characters that have active damage skills like mages with aoe spells -- makes the game more fun.

It is highly encouraged to use the character you take the turn with to move all your other characters into position (or as many as you can). A lot can be done with the 4 seconds you are given per turn.

Riposte

That is a really broad question. How far into the game are you? Did you redeem the promo code and get the 2 extra characters after the tutorial?

Kuscah is enough support to carry pretty much the whole team, you'll want to start out with characters that have active damage skills like mages with aoe spells -- makes the game more fun.

It is highly encouraged to use the character you take the turn with to move all your other characters into position (or as many as you can). A lot can be done with the 4 seconds you are given per turn.

I don't think I redeemed anything. In any case, I'm referring entirely on how to acquire my party and what I'm trying to do with them outside battles. I'm not too far in, the tower after the city/tavern fight chapter.

Visceir

I don't think I redeemed anything. In any case, I'm referring entirely on how to acquire my party and what I'm trying to do with them outside battles. I'm not too far in, the tower after the city/tavern fight chapter.

Spending 5 energy allows you to recruit a new character in the tavern. You get 5 energy for beating the tutorial. You get another 5 energy if you go to the options and scroll all the way down where you can enter the promo code: dhth66nWXVCbjdTC for another 5 energy.

Depending on what characters you get from those 2 recruitments people start the game over again to get the most ideal start (not neccessary though).

With the 2 starter B rank characters, those 2 that you got from recruitment in the tavern and the 2 random grunts you should have an ok team together to tackle the next chapters and progress on.

SirKhalid

Boo... with my weekly energy I got an A rank character.

I need to grind some cash this weekend. I got like 6-8 guys that I can get a new job with them but I need some gold...

Yaari

Guess I'll do the coin mission as long as it is up. I keep running out and have alot of Jobs to add to my entire team.

putermcgee

Reading twitter, people don't seem terribly keen on the new characters' artstyle. lol
It's weird when a game with a specific art style gets new content that feels out of place. After playing Destiny of Spirits and P&D, I'm still thrown off by stuff like that.

Now if they got Tsutomu Nihei to do art on some new characters, I'd probably jizz in my pants and then buy energy IAPs to go ham in the tavern.

carlos

So I've recruited about 11 or 12 and the best I've gotten were the 2 B ranked everyone is getting to start off.....everything I pay for is c or d rank, lol.

depths20XX

Add me as another who got a dupe character with my new energy.

Chapter 10 and still no SS characters. Oh well, game is still fun.

Uthred

Does anyone know if abilities stack? Pizfer has +50% ice spell in his first job abd +20% ice spell in job 2, if you equip both do you get +70%? (Also why wont that gae bolg drop? Starting to hate the 8-10 boss ;))

Hige

Does anyone know if abilities stack? Pizfer has +50% ice spell in his first job abd +20% ice spell in job 2, if you equip both do you get +70%? (Also why wont that gae bolg drop? Starting to hate the 8-10 boss ;))
I don't think they stack percentages. However, you can proc both in the same turn and attack twice. I just got Piz'fer to his second job today and he seems to do a 3 column ice attack when both proc in the same turn. It's insane!

You proc the skills separately so it's possible to do both ice spells in one attack. You have to keep in mind the range on some character skills since some won't hit if too far away or not when adjacent. Yukken and sheena seem like they would do crazy single target damage late game because they can possibly have a lot of single target attack skills.

I spent another 5 energy and I got the other sister Rikken. I guess she will eventually replace my Grace even though I like how really useful she has been to me so far.

Xanathus

What's the point of all these monster recruits anyway, there's no reason to ever use them. Can you eventually be able to transfer their skills to other characters?

Longsword

As promised, I have been keeping my eye on Terra Battle now that the App Store features which have driven many people to the game have ended. All analysis below is mine, and is based on App Annie rankings, Think Gaming data, and my own experiences in the industry.

In US the downloads have fallen, but not dramatically, and the game is still making around 15 000$ every day in US alone, on iOS alone.

On Japanese App Store things are even better -Terra battle is staying in Top Grossing 10-20, meaning very significant revenenue every day. As Japanese App Store is the most lucrative in the world, this should translate to around 100 000$ to 200 000$ US each day in Japan alone, on iOS alone.

On Google Play things are even better -the downloads are actually increasing, which means that the word of mouth is spreading. Terra Battle has entered Top 25 Grossing in Japan, and is in the Top 50 Grossing in France, Canada and Spain.

Mistwalker also still has all the rest of the world that they can release the game into (they are only out in 7 countries after all), making it very easy in my opinion to get to the 2 million downloads, and a chance to gain very signigicant revenue from countries like of China and South Korea. While many other countries will not generate as much revenue, they will still act as the community for the upcoming Multi-Player modes.

Taking into account that Mistwalker is advertizing very little, they only need to pay the platform holders fee of 30% off the revenue they generate. While accurate estimates are very difficult, I would say I would be surprised if Mistwalker did not bank around 200 000$ each and every day even after Apple feature have ended, thanks to their rise on the Google Play.

This all speaks very well about the future of such high quality games on mobile, and an opportunity for great game developers to shake the yoke of the publishers and actually get the revenue their creative work generated themselves. Mistwalker is just 9 people, so this game should see them richly rewarded for their hard work. I see other skilled desginers following on Sakaguchi's footsteps.

I will post an update in a week or so.

Longsword

Where do the dollar figures come from and is there reason to believe they're accurate?

Think Gaming site calculates these based on the known revenue data points from public companies. They are not 100% accurate, but I know from the games from companies I've worked with that they are close enough to be good rough estimates.

Analyst sites such as App Annie have been in the business for years and have paying customers. If their data was proven to be completely false they would have gone out of business ages ago.

Some companies such as King (makers of Candy Crush Saga) are public so you can look up how much they make each day (hint a LOT), and some companies such as Supercell (of Clash of Clans and Hay Day fame) are in countries like Finland where by law they have announce their revenue (hint, even MORE per game per day).

Some companies announce their earnings to attract investors, for example Machine Zone (makers of Game of War) announced that they expect to make 600 million this year.

Based on these data points marketing analysis firms such as App Annie and Think Gaming generate these revenue estimates.

The ranking positions themselves are published by Apple and Google by the hour.

I do not claim these are facts, but I know from my own experience they should not be wildly off. Obviously, should Mistwalker announced something I would be really curious to see the numbers. I suspect they won't.

I always add a disclaimer on these, and put up the sources on each post.

Top Bottom