• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Visceir

Supposedly there are some new A units out there as well, they look decent enough, hmmm

Her outfit is really unfortunate.

Still better than the trash the new characters are. The more I think about it the more I dislike them being in the game. I think I'd actually be upset if I got either of those.

First time trying out the game, and I rolled Zafitte (S) and Kana (A). Worth keeping? I don't mind rerolling a couple of times since as far as I can see the battle system looks pretty fun.

Try again and get better characters...or just play the game for a little and see if you like it. You can get better starter characters tho.

Best I could come up with is 28.

Code:
o 5 o
1 _ 3
o 6 o
2 _ 4
o 7 o

The o's are your units, and the numbers are enemies in the order they should be attacked (the _ represents a blank space if that wasn't obvious). This was the only arrangement I could find that allowed 7 unique pincer attacks, while still offering chances to chain attacks. By taking out the sides first, you allow the last 3 attacks to use all 6 units.

Of course there is no real way to control the order the attacks go in (aside from the first one), and you would basically never be able to pull off this specific formation in a real battle.

Yea this is what i got too, 28.

Ugh decided to spend the rest of my energy and still haven't gotten a SS asides from the beginning from the game. RNG pls, my friend has 3 SS from his free energy lol.

Anyways, how does the Friday Hunting Zone work?
Does it rotate every hour or two? Does it cycle in an order? (Pudding > Tin > Puppet > Fiend > etc.)?

EDIT: So far I've seen it go Pudding > Tin > Puppet > Pudding, so I assume there's no coin fiending today? I would prefer it that way since it's all coin fiends on the weekend.

meow

First time trying out the game, and I rolled Zafitte (S) and Kana (A). Worth keeping? I don't mind rerolling a couple of times since as far as I can see the battle system looks pretty fun.

I'd reroll that. Not b/c of the rarity, but I've used both of them and they aren't damage dealers. I'd find it too annoying having to attack something multiple times because my team is half healing/remedy mages.

Visceir

Toxoid and his Dimsensional Shift is a pain in the arse

Once you get rid of the minions and remember the simple pattern its a breeze.

I usually screenshot the boss battle starts so I know where the monsters are placed in case I fail to beat it. Makes life easier.

Neol

Mmm I would say reroll as you want people who can do dmg early on. Both of your chars are remedy class which is more for utility and you won't really be needing that in the early chapters.

In my old game, I never could get more than 1 animaton from pudding after 25+ runs..

Now I just got 3 in a row, except I need orichalcum more in this game. :(

help:

o 1 2 o o o
3 x x x x o
o x o o x o
o x o o x o
o x o o x o
4 x o o x o
5 x x x x o
0 6 o o o o

numbers are my units. 0s are empty spaces, X are enemies (2 turns before they act)

#2 and #6 are healer/status effect I.E. Not damage dealers. #6 is R'zonard confuse status effect (which for the first time ever has actually been hitting with somewhat decent rate in this stage)

help:

o 1 2 o o o
3 x x x x o
o x o o x o
o x o o x o
o x o o x o
4 x o o x o
5 x x x x o
0 6 o o o o

numbers are my units. 0s are empty spaces, X are enemies (2 turns before they act)

#2 and #6 are healer/status effect I.E. Not damage dealers. #6 is R'zonard confuse status effect (which for the first time ever has actually been hitting with somewhat decent rate in this stage)

I would just move 3 down to where 6 is. You get some good damage that way.

In other news, I just wiped for the first time ever on the final boss of Chapter 7. Not gonna gem it though, will try again later.

I would just move 3 down to where 6 is. You get some good damage that way.

In other news, I just wiped for the first time ever on the final boss of Chapter 7. Not gonna gem it though, will try again later.

that might mess up 4 and 5's placement and i only get one row.

here's what im thinking:

Turn 1

o 1 2 o o o
3 x x x x 5
o x o o x o
o x o o x o
o x o o x o
4 x o o x o
o x x x x o
6 o o o o o

move 5 to across 3, 6 moves laterally left. pray i activate AOE but not necessarily killed

Turn 2

o 1 2 o o o
3 x x x x 5
o x o o x o
o x o o x o
o x o o x o
o x o o x o
6 x x x x o
o 4 o o o o

move 4 to 6's initial position across 1, pray that i activate AOE. should any 3-5s have survived last assault, they will be wiped now

had my first close call with 6-8

Boss that heals all mobs for full hp, 2 of the mobs cast sleep around them. 6 regular mobs that move all over the grid and do lateral hits that displace characters.

for 3/4 of the match, if my characters werent boxed in by the small mobs, they were asleep. and i couldnt heal them as my damage dealers were slowly succumbing to the small mobs due to all these issues.

i lucked out with a P block and killed the 2 sleep status mobs. by then i had lost 2 characters and the rest were on red health. then the next issue was slowly killing the small mobs because my 2 damage dealers were not doing enough damage by themselves unelss they aligned with the others, and that was tough with the boxing in and the boss moving around disrupting formations and healing mobs.

i won cause the boss apparently can only move X amount of turns and ran away. i need more spear users :/

Pyrrhic victory.

Visceir

Why wont those bastard puddings drop the ore I want?

Haha, yea I'm short just one more ore too and it just won't drop. Atleast I've gotten the strategy down well enough to never have a pudding flee.

Awesome.

I wonder who else will end up coming on board. Who would you like to the join, gaf?

Would probably never happen, but would love to see some characters from Maggi, the art director of Granado Espada and Tree of Saviour. I think they would fit well.

This is the only mobile game I've ever played. It's not bad but I'll probably forget about it / get bored real quick. I do enjoy that at least so far I haven't had a single reason to pay any money as Stamina/Spoils/Etc. Are all balanced well if I'm just tooling around for 30 minutes once or twice a day and nothing feels unfair or made difficult/impossible unless I pay or grind tediously. That's the kind of F2P I can get behind.

That said, I just randomed Zerro the Dark and tore this game wide fucking open.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Does this require an internet connection? Wasn't even thinking about that...But I fly to Florida on Sunday and was hoping I'd be able to play on the plane.

Deitus

Does this require an internet connection? Wasn't even thinking about that...But I fly to Florida on Sunday and was hoping I'd be able to play on the plane.

It does require an internet connection. I haven't seen what happens if you lose your connection in the middle of a battle, but you definitely can't log in if you don't have a connection.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It does require an internet connection. I haven't seen what happens if you lose your connection in the middle of a battle, but you definitely can't log in if you don't have a connection.

Ah. I'll just burn my stamina the morning before the flight. :p

GeoGonzo

As far as I can tell, the game seems to contact the server once whenever you enter a fight, to download enemy patterns and (probably) loot. It wont need to contact the server again till the fighting ends. This is useful for playing in the subway, for example, since losing connection from time to time isn't a big deal.

anaron

Haha, yea I'm short just one more ore too and it just won't drop. Atleast I've gotten the strategy down well enough to never have a pudding flee.

Would probably never happen, but would love to see some characters from Maggi, the art director of Granado Espada and Tree of Saviour. I think they would fit well.

Oh these look great and perfect for TB

Deitus

As far as I can tell, the game seems to contact the server once whenever you enter a fight, to download enemy patterns and (probably) loot. It wont need to contact the server again till the fighting ends. This is useful for playing in the subway, for example, since losing connection from time to time isn't a big deal.

That makes sense. That's pretty much what I was assuming, as I've never had any latency during battle, but I have several times when navigating menus outside of battle, but I didn't want to speculate.

anaron

GameInformer: Terra Battle Is Stylish Mobile Strategy Fun
When I heard that Mistwalker (The Last Story) and some of Final Fantasy’s finest developers were making a new game, naturally my interest was high. When I learned that it was going to be a free-to-play mobile game with monetization similar to Puzzle & Dragons, I was less excited. But you know what? It turns out that although I’m still not a fan of stamina/energy systems, Terra Battle has easily surpassed my expectations and delivered a pretty awesome game, with plenty of depth and an amazing soundtrack (Thanks, Nobuo Uematsu!)
Terra Battle is using a “download starter” system to unlock new content; as of now we’re at around 700k downloads, meaning new characters will be added to the game alongside a multiplayer co-op function, which I’m definitely curious about as it could be even more fun than the core game.

I’ve been playing Terra Battle for about a week now, and it has taken over my mobile gaming time. While I can’t help but wish for a version that doesn’t have many of the systems that are tied to the mobile gaming model, I’m having a blast and would recommend anyone interested in RPGs and/or tactical games to give it a shot.

Visceir

Supposedly Orichalchum drops in 15-6, I've run that map 6 - 7 times but still haven't seen any drop. This is so lame. Wish some site/database would actually confirm if its true.

I haven't seen what happens if you lose your connection in the middle of a battle, but you definitely can't log in if you don't have a connection.

If you disconnect during a battle it will just keep giving you network errors until it reestablishes connection.
If the app crashes during a battle it resets the battle to the beginning of the round. So you can pretty much just close the game and restart the battle round any time.

Supposedly Orichalchum drops in 15-6, I've run that map 6 - 7 times but still haven't seen any drop. This is so lame. Wish some site/database would actually confirm if its true.

I got all mine from the pudding event. The hunting zones are still the best way to farm these kinds of items imo. I have a feeling the Orchialcum only drops from that obnoxious boss at the end of 15-6.

Visceir

I got all mine from the pudding event. The hunting zones are still the best way to farm these kinds of items imo. I have a feeling the Orchialcum only drops from that obnoxious boss at the end of 15-6.

Ran pudding event all day but no luck. Would really like to get my SS ice mage's 2nd job....ironically I got all the dark matters I need for his 3rd job, haha.

No pudding zone during the weekend and I don't really feel like waiting until monday/tuesday. I'll give it a few more tries.

Ducarmel

I think its just extremely rare you probably may need to farm for it in the later chapters 20s for a better drop rate if you intend to get them through the chapters but idk hunting zone seem to be the best place to get them

The only time I get rare metals is from the boss in hunting zone, puppet show is where I got all the Orichalcum that dropped for me.

It was mentioned earlier in the thread they may have shuffled where the items drop, The wikis say you get it at pudding time but in my experience any rare metal seem to drop from any of the bosses in the hunting zone.

Ran pudding event all day but no luck. Would really like to get my SS ice mage's 2nd job....ironically I got all the dark matters I need for his 3rd job, haha.

No pudding zone during the weekend and I don't really feel like waiting until monday/tuesday. I'll give it a few more tries.

You still get better odds with the pudding since every pudding(common pudding too) has the chance to drop it while it might be only that one enemy in 15-6.

My plan was to use all my stamina today on the pudding and just grind 15-6 tomorrow if i had to. Good luck though lol

GeoGonzo

Four orichalcum farmed today... but I have no use for it, and the Animaton I need isn't dropping, of course. Blah, better luck next week I guess.

Narras

Reading twitter, people don't seem terribly keen on the new characters' artstyle. lol
I don't really like them. The two characters look out of place.

Also, do you guys train any of the units you may get along the way? I've been casually playing making progress in the story, but sometimes I run the Metal Zone to level up something like a Lizardfolk Knight in case I need another spear user.

Visceir

I checked the login bonuses again. After the initial first 10 days you'll be only getting 5 energy every 8 days, that's not even 1 energy per day -- it'll take you more than a week to roll a new character. If you don't count the energy gotten from chapters you'll be able to roll a new character once every 8 days...

I hope they'll introduce some kind of events to get more energy or have other means to get more energy.

chrono01

I checked the login bonuses again. After the initial first 10 days you'll be only getting 5 energy every 8 days, that's not even 1 energy per day -- it'll take you more than a week to roll a new character. If you don't count the energy gotten from chapters you'll be able to roll a new character once every 8 days...

I hope they'll introduce some kind of events to get more energy or have other means to get more energy.
Yeah, I've long since stopped getting Energy per day [since I started during the Canadian soft launch]. Now I basically get one free roll per week and that's it. It's even more depressing when it's a simple B Rank character [or a dupe]. :(

Enjoy the free Energy now!

Yes.

I'm kinda confused. Do these have to be consecutive log ins still?

This is what's on the wiki:
Consecutive Login Bonus

The consecutive login-bonus rotates on a 8-day cycle. (Once it finishes a cycle, the game may still state Consecutive Bonus Day 9; but it will still be the same as Day 1 Bonus, and so on)
Days Bonus
1 500 Coins
2 800 Coins
3 1,000 Coins
4 1,500 Coins
5 2 Energy
6 2,000 Coins
7 3,000 Coins
8 3 Energy
------------------------
Overall Login Bonus

Rewards are given on a daily basis the first 10 days you login. After that, you will only receive bonuses on certain milestones.
Days Bonus
1 3000 Coins, 5 Energy
2 1 Energy
3 1 Energy
4 1 Energy
5 1 Energy
6 2 Energy
7 2 Energy
8 2 Energy
9 2 Energy
10 3 Energy
30 3 Energy

EDIT: Ah k so it just sounds like you guys are just sad the overall day bonuses stop becoming daily.
I'm fine with that tbh, this game is still very generous with its premium currency compared to some of the other games out there.

Top Bottom