• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Aexact

Man, I'd love to get to Hunting Zone 2 but my only elements are Lighting (some D rank monsters and the mandatory lizard guy) and Fire (a generic mage I got with 3000 gold).

I should probably just try to advance the story anyway. I just need to draw something besides raw melee damage.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Oh there was nothing announced, I was just referring to people reporting in this thread, and my own anecdotal experience, where last week 12 was a poor run but fo far today that would feel like a decent run.

Last week I had plenty of runs that only netted me 2-3 items. My best was 15 and I only got near that once.

So, do you guys normally use energy when on hunting days, or nah

If you're a free player, then I strongly don't recommend it.
Hell I've spent some money and I would rather use it on pacts of truth.
Instead just trick the server into thinking you're in Japan by changing your date/time setting so you can get an extra day in the particular hunting zone you want.

Soulflarz

Banned
:V I spent energy
2 dark matter(1 each try) 2 oxsecium (2nd only)
andd last will be used on king thingy

Edit: Last of 3 things from my energy, not last energy lol

Don't forget that if you can look at enemies stats/special attacks by holding down on the enemy avatar (goes for your own characters as well)

i bought a stylus pen on amaozn for $2 just for this game.

i dont know if i have gotten lazy or lost my strut, but i have been messing up MAJORLY lately and screwing up some placements.

doesnt help that apparently im pretty good at doing diagonal movement, and 75% of the time its detrimental

Soulflarz

Banned

i dont know if i have gotten lazy or lost my strut, but i have been messing up MAJORLY lately and screwing up some placements.

doesnt help that apparently im pretty good at doing diagonal movement, and 75% of the time its detrimental

It used to be fine. Now it never works for me unless its trying to screw me over
LLShC.gif

There's your problem.

oh no its still on its way to my home. im gonna see if theres an improvement.

I think the BAHAMUT fight involves blocking the view of the board somehow from the screens ive seen

bon

I've been meaning to ask about this for a while.
Is anybody else getting this graphical glitch with Amazora?

L2zKIZc.png

It only seems to happen to her.

Uthred

Clearly complaining about drop rates in the thread works ;), 25 from hunting zone two including 2 river tears, moon tears, wish particles and spirit particles. Then I realised what I need is sea tears and animaton.

I've been meaning to ask about this for a while.
Is anybody else getting this graphical glitch with Amazora?

L2zKIZc.png

It only seems to happen to her.

My amazora is functioning normally. Is it only when you pincer or at all animation popups?

Also i better get 1 more animaton, I spent over 150 stamina on hunting ground 2 and only got 2 the whole day. On the bright side I have orichalcum and the other one.

Negator

Will finally have enough coins to get Gaiga to her 2nd class in about 40 minutes. I suspect I'll keep her there for a while, as her 35 and 65 skills are what will be going into her endgame setup. I'll also have to farm for that rare bow drop, but I'm not even on that chapter yet. Babby steps.

Ulthwe

Instead of getting new characters from the Pact of Truth, I've gotten three Gegonagos and two Graces... I mean, there's like 160+ characters and I keep rolling the same ones???

Well, at least they jump 5 levels and up their skill each time

Visceir

Tin parade has been generous to me, got all the mats I wanted.

Now I need to farm 56 k coin to actually do all those job changes... Guess instead of doing bahamut I'll be hunting coin creeps this weekend.

Longsword

The second week has passed since the launch of the Terra Battle! As promised, I am keeping my eye on the success of Terra Battle when it comes to downloads and revenue.

All analysis is mine, and the sources are App Annie and Think Gaming, plus other Analytic sites.

In Japan, Terra Battle is staying in the Top 20 to Top 10 on Grossing on iOS, a tremendous achievement for any game (as there are over 600 000 Apps in the App store. This is a very, VERY good performance). In the US App Store this would mean around 100 000 US$ every day, but Japanese App Store is far more lucrative.

As expected, with the Apple and Google features over, the download numbers are down. I am not seeing any marketing campaigns from Mistwalker. This is not surprising, as advertising is very, very expensive. The global downloads are ”only” around 20K per day now. However, since Mistwalker has not released the game in any more countries, it shows that they are not worried. I suspect they want to give themselves some breathing space to implement the Download starter features. They will receive enormous amount of downloads from South America, rest of Europe and major Asian countries once they decide to release the game globally.

Despite the number of downloads going down after the features have ended, the revenue is actually going UP in US. This is very good sign for the future, it means the game has dedicated playerbase. In US the daily revenue is hovering in around 15 000 US$ a day on iOS alone (Top Grossing 100+).

In all countries it is out, the revenue seems very stable from day to day –a classic sign of a hit game as the fans are making repeat purchases. Only in Canada the revenue is erratic –hardly surprising as the game has been out in Canada for a long time before the official launch.

On Android, the game is in Top 20 Grossing in Japan and in Top 50 in European countries of France and Spain as well as Canada, and Top 85 in US.

So, is this Puzzle&Dragons level of success (that game makes around 2 BILLION a year)? No.

But I cannot stress how huge business success this is for a tiny studio like Mistwalker. Even after the Apple and Google take their share of the revenue, the game should easily secure the future of Mistwalker for a long time to come if the game keeps performing like this, and allow them to fund many more quality games. Hiring an additional programmer is a clear sign of their success (if the data above does not persuade you).

I will keep you updated. Meanwhile, just got my third SS character!

putermcgee

Nice analysis. It'll be interesting to see how well it performs once it's out everywhere else. What I'd really like to see, and this might be information only Mistwalker has access to, is numbers for players who play past the first few chapters, or even complete all the chapters. I think with F2P games like this, a large percentage of players end up dropping them early on.

I just logged in for my 103rd or so day in PAD, but ended up backing up my data and deleting the app. The difference in the way you can move your characters/orbs in each game makes it difficult to switch back and forth. And if I'm going to stick with one, I figured this one is more enjoyable.

Longsword

Nice analysis. It'll be interesting to see how well it performs once it's out everywhere else. What I'd really like to see, and this might be information only Mistwalker has access to, is numbers for players who play past the first few chapters, or even complete all the chapters. I think with F2P games like this, a large percentage of players end up dropping them early on.

Once some time has passed, the analytic sites like Think Gaming will have reasonably good estimates on the player base for us.

And yes, in a game like this, 80-90% players will be gone after the first month, but that's OK -the revenue clearly shows that the players who are sticking with a game like it a lot. This core fanbase is more than enough to make the game a big success.

One thing to ask from yourself when you look at how many people stick with a game for more than a month: how many games on any device (console, handheld, PC, mobile) do you play for more than a month? Only the best ones, right, i.e. very few?

Visceir

The 600 k download characters will be done by the same guy who has done the original ones for the game. Those might actually not end up being awful, gonna save my 5 energy until those get put into the game.

Karu

Did three runs on the Tin Parade(1), 7 & 6 Items - 2 epic. Then 1?! Why even bother... *sigh* And then another C-tier warrior, ughs.

putermcgee

One thing to ask from yourself when you look at how many people stick with a game for more than a month: how many games on any device (console, handheld, PC, mobile) do you play for more than a month? Only the best ones, right, i.e. very few?
Haha, you'd be surprised how many mediocre games I keep playing after the first month... shameful, really.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Did three runs on the Tin Parade(1), 7 & 6 Items - 2 epic. Then 1?! Why even bother... *sigh* And then another C-tier warrior, ughs.
PROTIP : Don't bother with Hunting Zone 1 and don't waste gold on monster recruits in the slim hope you'll get one of those SS Rank characters.

Longsword

Haha, you'd be surprised how many mediocre games I keep playing after the first month... shameful, really.

Fair enough! But really, from the point of view of Mistwalker, the fact that you keep playing, and potentially buying things is what really matters. For a developer of a "game as service game" like Terra Battle that fact that you keep playing = good game, if you see what I mean.

I admit I have overlooked the aspect of grinding during zone days.

At an average of tin zone 1 every 50 minutes, that's ~ 10 hunting zones in an 8 hour work day!

do a hunting zone every hour on the dot for a day and the items build up even with mediocre drop rates.

right now I have just about enough items for 2-3 job changes that are unique in items. my only bottleneck is the gold for it. that's going to be the tough one given gold coin zone only gives ~ 1k per run

*all this taken with zone 1 in account

Hige

Just get to hunting zone 2 ASAP. The coin dungeon gives like 3500-4000 coins for 15 stamina. The pudding dungeon after the latest patch was giving me about 15 items on average, with a low of about 11-12 and a high of 21 so I don't understand why people think drop rates got nerfed.

If you're a free player, then I strongly don't recommend it.
Hell I've spent some money and I would rather use it on pacts of truth.
Instead just trick the server into thinking you're in Japan by changing your date/time setting so you can get an extra day in the particular hunting zone you want.

You need to explain this, please.

My god 17-3 was tough. My most infuriating run was when I was left with 5 characters on the 2nd battle, but I got careless and allowed the bomb's breath attack kill both my archers, which left me powerless against the boss.

My god 17-3 was tough. My most infuriating run was when I was left with 5 characters on the 2nd battle, but I got careless and allowed the bomb's breath attack kill both my archers, which left me powerless against the boss.
Those bomb freaks are the bane of that chapter.
I got a bomb defuse guy in my current game though, so I'll pass it easily compared to my previous run.

Chakabah

Neo Member
Hello,

I'm having a blast playing Terra Battle, however it is not obtainable in my Galaxy S4. I'm in the France Store, normally. I don't know if it's because I've got a Samsung (japanese devs tends to "forget" Samsung because it's korean) or because it's not in the France Play Store but that sounds strange.

I did get the game by downloading an .apk on the net. However, as there is a new update today, I can't get it from the Play Store (cuz not obtainable at all). Somebody has the apk of the new version or I'll just have to wait that someday, the official version comes in the Play Store?

Top Bottom