• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Having all those great artists contribute to the game sounds great in concept, but the end result has been awful, haha.

The characters are getting better, but I would have much rather had more characters from the original artist that are consistent in quality and style.
It's obvious we'll get more from the original artstyle down the road, but I like the concept of "cameo" recruits.

My only problem so far is that they've all been given the same weapon class mostly.
Makes it boring for me to want yet another sword user.

Visceir

It's obvious we'll get more from the original artstyle down the road, but I like the concept of "cameo" recruits.

My only problem so far is that they've all been given the same weapon class mostly.

Well, atleast 3 of the new characters are "Yukken" style -- as in each next job has a different weapon sword/bow/spear. Still got no interest in having any of them in my party tho.

It's also pretty much guaranteed that all the additional characters will be human.

GeoGonzo

Having all those great artists contribute to the game sounds great in concept, but the end result has been awful, haha.

The characters are getting better, but I would have much rather had more characters from the original artist that are consistent in quality and style.

It's not like they could back out of it either as it was promised as a download starter goal and would be rather insulting to the artist to go and tell them that their work isn't up to the game's standards.

What they could (and imho should) have done is assign ranks according to how much the art style fits: Looks great? SS rank. Looks mediocre? A/B rank.

Negator

Not bad for first half of the day in the zone.

4FoSc2f.jpeg

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
People need to learn to quote to post pics.

Anyways almost done with chapter 12 so I can finally get the next Metal Zone which is badly. needed.

forgrim

i'm also in the party of people who think that pudding time was somewhat nerfed.

last week i got between 12-20 drops every run. this week, i'm getting between 8-12.

although i might be luck

edit: zone 2, only in level 14 so far

Celegus

I still have zero sword users on my team, somehow ended up with 3 bows and a spear as my best characters (plus 2 mages).

Visceir

i'm also in the party of people who think that pudding time was somewhat nerfed.

last week i got between 12-20 drops every run. this week, i'm getting between 8-12.

although i might be luck

I think I read somewhere and definitely have the feeling that the drops lower with each consecutive run. That has been my experience anyway if I do 2 - 3 runs in a row.

I moved on to doing Tin parade and just got 20 drops, 2 of them actually stuff I need. Neat!

AwShucks

although i might be luck

edit: zone 2, only in level 14 so far

I got 19 drops from Zone 2 last time. But my first one last night I got 4 drops. So I dunno.

Aexact

I presume it's RNG being a fickle beast. First time running through Pudding Time (zone 1) On my runs, I got 8 drops, 3 drops, and 10 drops.
... Out of my characters that can change jobs, I got 1 rare material they can use.

But if I ever get someone that can use Dark Matter...

Man the drop rates on pudding time fucking suck, even on the level 2 version. I've run it about 8 times today and I think I've gotten 2 Animaton, 2 Dark Matter, 1 Orichalcum, and 1 Oxescium. I'm sure that seems like alot, but per run it's really not that good. Basically means that over the long term, that's not even 1 rare material per run, and you need 3 for each job change. Not to mention that it needs to be 3 of the right type.

At least I'm getting good at clearing it, I suppose. My best run has been 19 drops.

Neol

Best run has been 19 drops as well with 10 being my worst so far.

Got 2 dark matter and 3 oricalcum so far. Was crazy cause I got all the oricalcum in one run o_O

i wonder if the levels of the characters REALLY affect drop rate. i seem to vary even with over leveled and ranged level characters in it

meow

i wonder if the levels of the characters REALLY affect drop rate. i seem to vary even with over leveled and ranged level characters in it
I want to know this, too, as I haven't unlocked zone 2 yet so I'm stuck in the first hunting zone. I go in with 3 lvl 10s and 3 lvl 20+s and my drop rate sucks. Once in a while I get 8-10 but most of the time I get 3-5 each round.

Aexact

Only based on my own limited number of runs but if lower levels does improve the drop rate, it's not dramatically. I'm running three level 14 characters and two characters in the low 20s and I'm getting 8, 3, 10, and 7. I presume it's just like the Metal Zone, where it's a hard cap of drops when you exceed the recommended level.

Not that it's stopping me from forming my chains with the level 14s leading. Loot superstitions, heh.

I want to know this, too, as I haven't unlocked zone 2 yet so I'm stuck in the first hunting zone. I go in with 3 lvl 10s and 3 lvl 20+s and my drop rate sucks. Once in a while I get 8-10 but most of the time I get 3-5 each round.

Right now you're getting crappy drops because you're doing zone 1. The level of the zone you farm makes a difference, but not th elevel of your characters, except for the fact that with higher level characters you can kill more stuff.

Visceir

Kinda hard to shoot over the hunting zone 2 limit as it's up to lvl 39.

I've been doing Tin Parade for the 3 past runs and getting 15 - 25 drops per run. Still need 1x spirit tears, 2x rainbow tears, 3x moon tears, 1x lore particle, 3x warped particle and 3x wish particle.

So long I get the 1x spirit tears & 1x lore particle and 3x warped particle I'm golden.

....don't have any gold for all the job changes anyway, haha.

On the positive side I did get my Amina to job 3 and she now has the control time +2 ability -- 6 seconds to make moves instead of the typical 4, very nice.

So, I just killed the boss of chapter 10. Holy fuck, I did not see that coming. Without giving away too many spoilers, the debuff the guy uses is so brutal that I almost feel like it's unfair. And that's not even the worst part....

TheExodu5

Banned
Is there a writeup for rerolling? What should I be looking for? Also, on iOS, is the only way to reroll to delete the game entirely and redownload it?

My first roll, I just rolled another Grace which leveled up my existing character.

meow

Right now you're getting crappy drops because you're doing zone 1. The level of the zone you farm makes a difference, but not th elevel of your characters, except for the fact that with higher level characters you can kill more stuff.
is that it? guess I should do more chapter levels instead of the zones when I have time.

Zorbane

Neo Member
Is there a writeup for rerolling? What should I be looking for? Also, on iOS, is the only way to reroll to delete the game entirely and redownload it?

My first roll, I just rolled another Grace which leveled up my existing character.

There's a pretty good guide on terrabattlex http://www.terrabattlex.com/guides/reroll

IMO if you are willing to reroll until you have the best try and aim for an SS Mage, they do so much damage :O

I think I read somewhere and definitely have the feeling that the drops lower with each consecutive run. That has been my experience anyway if I do 2 - 3 runs in a row.

I moved on to doing Tin parade and just got 20 drops, 2 of them actually stuff I need. Neat!
I received zero effing drops on my second run....
Mostly level 20s, so level might play a part

Anfang

So, I just killed the boss of chapter 10. Holy fuck, I did not see that coming. Without giving away too many spoilers, the debuff the guy uses is so brutal that I almost feel like it's unfair. And that's not even the worst part....

You are going to love 13-8

AwShucks

So is Regen or Heal generally better? I have items to get Palpa's next job but I haven't been using her and have stuck with Kuscah as my healer. But now that I can unlock Palpa's job it's tempting to switch to her.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So is Regen or Heal generally better? I have items to get Palpa's next job but I haven't been using her and have stuck with Kuscah as my healer. But now that I can unlock Palpa's job it's tempting to switch to her.
I'd side on heal, but the spikes of ch 18 made me wish I had regen too.

On another note, I just got the 3rd job weapon items for Samantha and Amimari back-to-back; all I need is money now...

Fuck animatons. Most of my units need it but I only get orichalcum and oxyscium or whatever. Also lore particles annoy me too. I basically can jump samupi and others to 3rd job but Grace is stuck at 2nd because of that.

That pudding time nerf certainly feels real, hard to make it into low double digits this week

What was the nerf? Was it announced somewhere? A few times I had really bad luck and got as low as 6-7 even in zone 2, but most of the time I'm getting anywhere from 13 to as much as 19 drops.

What was the nerf? Was it announced somewhere? A few times I had really bad luck and got as low as 6-7 even in zone 2, but most of the time I'm getting anywhere from 13 to as much as 19 drops.

Maybe you are lucky but that it feels like a nerf, yes we don't have data to back it up. But it feels like a nerf.

Negator

People need to learn to quote to post pics.

Sorry about that, was on break at work and wanted to get the upload in before going back in. Cellphone pictures are deceptively large.

I got the 3 dark matter I was looking for, but now I'm 9000 gold short of upgrading :(

Any information on what kind of attacker Bahamut is going to be?

I see some people saying they've already moved on to tin parade. How is this possible? Tin parade doesn't show up for another 9 hours if I'm not mistaken.

Uthred

Oh there was nothing announced, I was just referring to people reporting in this thread, and my own anecdotal experience, where last week 12 was a poor run but fo far today that would feel like a decent run.

Top Bottom