• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Visceir

Had lots of trouble with chapter 17 bomb guys as well. Think I had to restart some maps 3+ times.

Hello,

I'm having a blast playing Terra Battle, however it is not obtainable in my Galaxy S4. I'm in the France Store, normally. I don't know if it's because I've got a Samsung (japanese devs tends to "forget" Samsung because it's korean) or because it's not in the France Play Store but that sounds strange.

I did get the game by downloading an .apk on the net. However, as there is a new update today, I can't get it from the Play Store (cuz not obtainable at all). Somebody has the apk of the new version or I'll just have to wait that someday, the official version comes in the Play Store?

Toodles posted the updated files a few pages back:

For Android users outside of the official regions

Version1.1.3, updated 21st Oct
I've uploaded the newest .apk and .obb to Mediafire.

My first time doing an update for Terra Battle so I wasn't sure how it would play out. Happily, everything seems nice and simple.

A new install and an update of a previous install is basically the same process.

• You'll need an app on your phone to install .apk files. I use one called 'APK Installer'.
  • Before you install (reinstall) the .apk, you need to add (replace) an .obb file to your phone. Go to: \Phone\Android\obb\ (note: if you're installing on an SD card, amend the file location appropriately)
  • Add a new folder inside \obb\ called 'com.mistwalkercorp.guardians'
  • Then place the .obb (or copy over the existing .obb) inside that folder.
  • Now open your APK Installer, navigate to the .apk file and install.

I'm updating and I didn't have to input any User IDs or whatever to keep my details. Once the update is complete, the game just booted straight up as normal.

Whenever (if ever :sadface: ) Mistwalker get around to adding the game officially to your region, my hope is that the process of transferring to the official version will be similarly simple. This is important for the sake of reaching the 2 million users goal, so do plan on 'upgrading' to the official release when/if you can. In the interests of good practice, do set up your device transfer details and save your User ID somewhere.

Does a mod want to replace the old install guide (with the old .apk and .obb) in the OP with this one?

Finalow

Note that iOS players that live in a country not yet supported can create a free account in either of those countries, download it and play, thus helping Mistwalker.
I'd like to do that but I have an android device. can I still make a free account and simply download it? If so, how?

Irobot82

Is there anything you can do with Characters you don't need? In Puzzle and Dragon you fed them to your other characters to level them.

Ryuukan

drops were definitely nerfed from last week, I'm never breaking 20 drops in hunting zone 2 this week

I take full responsibility for my 37 drop screenshot tweet

Uthred

Just killed every mob for all three waves and got 8 and then 9, I wonder is it affected by level? 2/3 of my party are now around 40/41 which is above the second hunting zones level 39 "cap"

Just killed every mob for all three waves and got 8 and then 9, I wonder is it affected by level? 2/3 of my party are now around 40/41 which is above the second hunting zones level 39 "cap"

In your specific case having characters above 39 doesn't help, but in my case all my guys were within the level.

I have been pulling 10-15 drops for each run of hunting zone 2. I have two characters with 30+ level, 2 below 20, and 2 in their low 20s.

All I want are star tear drops... I've gotten everything else but...

seriously, four of my 1st job characters need star tears, and I have 2. At least the tin and pudding hunting zones are easier for me because of all the elemental attackers (Lewto, A'Merpact & GigoJago). I only have two potential Spear characters though (Yukken's third job and another character that switches weapons during job change).

Hige

drops were definitely nerfed from last week, I'm never breaking 20 drops in hunting zone 2 this week

I take full responsibility for my 37 drop screenshot tweet
That was from the puppet show though, so the potential drops are a lot higher since you can keep going if you make quick movements. Like I said earlier, I averaged about 15 drops from pudding in hunting zone 2 with a party within the level range and my highest was 21 drops. I don't know if the character levels matter, but I figured I'd mention it just in case.

I feel I've rolled so many times between my rerolls and after actually playing the game. Despite all these new SS characters, I've only ever seen the one SS that I started with (which took an entire weekend of rolls, I lost count how many). It was the one time I rolled an SS. Thankfully it was Lewto.

It's either really bad luck or the rates are really poor, but it makes me never want to spend a dime on this game. If I'm having fun I'm totally OK with spending some cash to show support, but not with such poor RNG. It would pretty much be a donation from some A or B character I wont use.

Aexact

Those bomb freaks are the bane of that chapter.
I got a bomb defuse guy in my current game though, so I'll pass it easily compared to my previous run.
Man, I guess that makes me feel better about drawing Djugan, Disarm Bomb must be more useful then it sounds. All the folks I've drawn so far are pure physical swords and spears so I hope whoever the new cameo characters are, they're not more swords. I mean, adding 1-2 characters to the mix isn't going to alter the draw chance BUT EVEN SO.

Plz Terra Battle.

(has it been confirmed that being above the recommended level for hunting zones lowers drops?)

I feel I've rolled so many times between my rerolls and after actually playing the game. Despite all these new SS characters, I've only ever seen the one SS that I started with (which took an entire weekend of rolls, I lost count how many). It was the one time I rolled an SS. Thankfully it was Lewto.

It's either really bad luck or the rates are really poor, but it makes me never want to spend a dime on this game. If I'm having fun I'm totally OK with spending some cash to show support, but not with such poor RNG. It would pretty much be a donation from some A or B character I wont use.

Assuming you ever do spend money on the game, it's not going to be to have a chance at the RNG. It's going to be to buy stamina refills so you can run the daily special dungeon many times either to get materials you need for adding job changes, get gold from the weekend dungeon for job changes, or spam metal parade to level up your guys. You get plenty of free energy from daily login bonuses that it's not worth paying to roll the dice there.

Uthred

A and B class characters are totally viable though, I imagine they constitute ~60% of most peoples parties.

Deitus

Assuming you ever do spend money on the game, it's not going to be to have a chance at the RNG. It's going to be to buy stamina refills so you can run the daily special dungeon many times either to get materials you need for adding job changes, get gold from the weekend dungeon for job changes, or spam metal parade to level up your guys. You get plenty of free energy from daily login bonuses that it's not worth paying to roll the dice there.

I disagree. After the first week and a half of login bonuses, you only get enough energy per week for one recruit attempt (technically, it's once every 8 days). Unless you are only playing for very brief periods each day (15-20 minutes), the wait until your next recruit is going to be unbearable. At least until they add a new way to earn energy, or different way to get high level recruits.

Sure, if you pay in for a new recruit, you are likely to be screwed by the RNG, but if you are spending energy to farm for materials you are still at the whim of the RNG.

But then I have no intention of spending money with the current monetization model either way.

anaron

The second week has passed since the launch of the Terra Battle! As promised, I am keeping my eye on the success of Terra Battle when it comes to downloads and revenue.

All analysis is mine, and the sources are App Annie and Think Gaming, plus other Analytic sites.

In Japan, Terra Battle is staying in the Top 20 to Top 10 on Grossing on iOS, a tremendous achievement for any game (as there are over 600 000 Apps in the App store. This is a very, VERY good performance). In the US App Store this would mean around 100 000 US$ every day, but Japanese App Store is far more lucrative.

As expected, with the Apple and Google features over, the download numbers are down. I am not seeing any marketing campaigns from Mistwalker. This is not surprising, as advertising is very, very expensive. The global downloads are ”only” around 20K per day now. However, since Mistwalker has not released the game in any more countries, it shows that they are not worried. I suspect they want to give themselves some breathing space to implement the Download starter features. They will receive enormous amount of downloads from South America, rest of Europe and major Asian countries once they decide to release the game globally.

Despite the number of downloads going down after the features have ended, the revenue is actually going UP in US. This is very good sign for the future, it means the game has dedicated playerbase. In US the daily revenue is hovering in around 15 000 US$ a day on iOS alone (Top Grossing 100+).

In all countries it is out, the revenue seems very stable from day to day –a classic sign of a hit game as the fans are making repeat purchases. Only in Canada the revenue is erratic –hardly surprising as the game has been out in Canada for a long time before the official launch.

On Android, the game is in Top 20 Grossing in Japan and in Top 50 in European countries of France and Spain as well as Canada, and Top 85 in US.

So, is this Puzzle&Dragons level of success (that game makes around 2 BILLION a year)? No.

But I cannot stress how huge business success this is for a tiny studio like Mistwalker. Even after the Apple and Google take their share of the revenue, the game should easily secure the future of Mistwalker for a long time to come if the game keeps performing like this, and allow them to fund many more quality games. Hiring an additional programmer is a clear sign of their success (if the data above does not persuade you).

I will keep you updated. Meanwhile, just got my third SS character!

<3

A and B class characters are totally viable though, I imagine they constitute ~60% of most peoples parties.

This. My team until recently consisted of an SS, the 2 B ranks you start off with, the B rank Lizard King you get while progressing through the story, a B rank pull from the Energy Pact and a B rank boss monster I pulled from the Coin Pact.
SS,B,B,B,B,B.
I got to chapter 15 before I finally got a decent S rank and a couple As (haven't gotten a second SS yet and Palpa is useless to me).

meow

I also rerolled a lot ( though not as much as you but I was also being stupidly picky about what my characters looked like) before starting and had pretty crappy luck, but since actually playing, my rolls haven't been too bad. Besides the 2 B starters (Bahl and Kuscah) and the Bagunar story character, the rest of my energy rolls got me 2 SS, 3 A, and 2 B.

I never put money towards F2P games, but I've been having so much fun with it, that I went ahead and gave them 20$ for 30 energies. I don't regret it one bit, and got myself an S swordsman character.

forgrim

farming masamune on 14-10 and my god it just won't drop...on my 10+ run. Please drop so I can do other things than mindlessly destroying 14-10.

I never put money towards F2P games, but I've been having so much fun with it, that I went ahead and gave them 20$ for 30 energies. I don't regret it one bit, and got myself an S swordsman character.

If it's fair I spend quite a bit. I play Marvel Heroes and have put in close to $100. I've bought as many characters as I've received free from the game. Even when I grab a character with the in game currency I may buy a costume with cash just to give support. I have over 400 hours of playtime on it so I don't feel bad about it.

meow

I managed to get Lewto's second job and the SS mages' second abilities are kinda ridic. That three column attack...I assume they get even more ridiculous?

Datschge

Any talk about diagonal movements?

I thought it isn't possible, but I managed to move an unit of mine between an other one and an enemy. Hard to do reliably, and am not even sure whether it's a bug or a feature, but that changes quite some things (seemingly odd results for quick movements for one).

Panda Rin

Any talk about diagonal movements?

I thought it isn't possible, but I managed to move an unit of mine between an other one and an enemy. Hard to do reliably, and am not even sure whether it's a bug or a feature, but that changes quite some things (seemingly odd results for quick movements for one).

I'm going to assume it wasn't intentional since it requires you to be really precise. It's always a hit-or-miss when I try it.

Welp.

I used up my last stamina on the 7-10 stage. I was tryign to take advantage of the stamina refill at the end of every chapter.

i forgot to switch from my low level farming team.

let's see how it goes.

EDIT:

oh the boss does an unavoidable entire grid multi hitting attack. thats nice. got him to 20% though so.

Negator

I feel like I can get diagonals reliably when I need them, but if I accidentally do it while trying to get another character in position, I confuse myself and everything goes to hell because the board is now a giant mess.

Also, I don't know if a lot of people know this, but if you kill the app in the middle of a battle and restart the game, you can continue form the beginning of the last 'Battle' (i.e. 2/3 or 3/3). Any characters that died before that battle will stay dead, and drops are fixed just in case you were wondering.

Karu

Huh? I'm doing the diagonal movements all the time. If you move more along the enemy's border, it usually works. Would be a bummer, if not intentional.

Deitus

I feel like I can get diagonals reliably when I need them, but if I accidentally do it while trying to get another character in position, I confuse myself and everything goes to hell because the board is now a giant mess.

This happens to me far too often.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I've come to the realization I need more damage super super bad. I got Kem who is neat, but he's mostly defensive skills until 35 + second job. I mean he doesn't even have Megaspear FFS. Amimari needs her second job. I need a mage. Grace can only do so much by herself.

On the plus side I got the sleep robot which made Metal Zone a cakewalk.
Huh? I'm doing the diagonal movements all the time. If you move more along the enemy's border, it usually works. Would be a bummer, if not intentional.
This is the most reliable way to do it. I've had a few clutch corner diagonal swaps but I try not to take them if I can.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
On a side note while you do have they account migration deal not having true cloud save with cross play sucks.

Play it mainly on my Nexus 7, but I'd play on my phone from time to time if I could.

Welp.

I used up my last stamina on the 7-10 stage. I was tryign to take advantage of the stamina refill at the end of every chapter.

i forgot to switch from my low level farming team.

let's see how it goes.

EDIT:

oh the boss does an unavoidable entire grid multi hitting attack. thats nice. got him to 20% though so.

I hate when i do this. I only failed a battle twice because i accidently brought in a leveling team with no healer and another time a level 17 palpa who obviously can't outheal enemies over twice her level. Also anyone notice heal serms capped at 700 hp unless you power point it? I looked it up on another forum and it apparently caps depending on the spell. Regen doesn't have a cap but its a percentage of matk, but it can stack so chaining multiple regens is effective. So i was thinking eventually i might try to level palpa up and class change her (fuck animatons). I do think having someone like Rikken is cool, her 2nd class heal makes her an offhealer who can attack decently. But kuscah proccing double heals has been good enough so far. I was thinking i should get a more offensive team going.

Jaruru

Spent few hours on rerolling to start of with the first SS I got.
Gugba, the bomberman?

Chap 6 now and like the game so far. The mechanic is fun but not sure about all the attack and def tricks yet.

Don't have to pay energy for material storage is a big plus (puzzle and dragons ><)

Aexact

Yikes 9-7.
I don't know if it was a bad roll but it appears to spawn an entire row of uh... those red vertical fireball things. And they started using strategy because since it was a wall with no gap, I couldn't surround any and kill them before they got to me. They would pincer, then rotate one out and attack, then rotate out and attack again. Couldn't prevent a character death the first turn of ... round 2? Things just happened to fall apart there, couldn't heal faster then they hurt me.

Anyway, is there something I can do about that?
I think I'm the appropriate level. 24 - 27.
... I guess I can wait for the Metal Zone to open and level a little but I was hoping I could get past Chapter 9 to open Hunting Zone 2.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yikes 9-7.
I don't know if it was a bad roll but it appears to spawn an entire row of uh... those red vertical fireball things. And they started using strategy because since it was a wall with no gap, I couldn't surround any and kill them before they got to me. They would pincer, then rotate one out and attack, then rotate out and attack again. Couldn't prevent a character death the first turn of ... round 2? Things just happened to fall apart there, couldn't heal faster then they hurt me.

Anyway, is there something I can do about that?
I think I'm the appropriate level. 24 - 27.
... I guess I can wait for the Metal Zone to open and level a little but I was hoping I could get past Chapter 9 to open Hunting Zone 2.
Set it up so they can't pincer you?

Aexact

Well, I tried setting up a straight line next to their straight line but I don't have enough units to block the whole Y-axis. When it came to their turn, they divided their line and ganged on on people. Dunno what the safest setup would be. Maybe run people into the corners?

putermcgee

I keep forgetting to ask, but is there an easy way to know if a character can get a new job? I haven't changed jobs since the initial scripted part, so I end up checking each character individually to see if I have the necessary items. Is there an easier way to tell?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I keep forgetting to ask, but is there an easy way to know if a character can get a new job? I haven't changed jobs since the initial scripted part, so I end up checking each character individually to see if I have the necessary items. Is there an easier way to tell?
Tavern -> Add Jobs

Characters will have a sticker on them if you have the items I think?

Negator

Other than checking the character themselves, the game will tell you when you have the resources to promote your job. You will have to fill the material AND gold requirements, however.

Do the early monsters come back in later stages at higher levels or do i need to grind the first few stages for recruits if I wanna max boost on fodder?

Top Bottom