• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Visceir

I can't think of a single gaming experience that would be worth rerolling that many times. That just seems insane to me, like game-ruiningly insane.

That said, Amimari is the only character I *always* have in my party. Other characters rotate in and out, depending on what I need for a given stage, but she's always there.

It's exciting to see what characters you get, with rerolling you get that every 5 - 10 min. If you do it while listening to a podcast or something it's not that bad. I think I re-rolled like 15 times, was so worth it in the end.

I got a A'merpact dupe with the 5 energy I got for the regencell. That is my third dupe now. I guess the +5% skill boost is still somewhat useful....wish it would have been Piz instead then, haha.

Updating the game was a pain in the ass, hope it won't happen too often. Glad I had my transfer data available or the account would have been lost.

chrono01

What's this 5 energy for regencell being mentioned? Not even sure what regencell is.
Regenercell is a Unit you can recruit from the 14th [and I believe 15th] chapter. Since Mistwalker decreased the potency of one of his abilities, they compensated everyone that had one prior to the "nerf" with 5 Energy.

AwShucks

Regenercell is a Unit you can recruit from the 14th [and I believe 15th] chapter. Since Mistwalker decreased the potency of one of his abilities, they compensated everyone that had one prior to the "nerf" with 5 Energy.

Ah. Thanks for the info. In chapter 13 myself.

Visceir

Did hunting zone 3, 20 stamina, no rare drops

Did hunting zone 2 right after, 15 stamina, got an Orichalcum

It honestly feels like they just up the stamina requirements without increasing the drops.

Noaloha

For Android users outside of the official regions

Version1.1.3, updated 21st Oct
I've uploaded the newest .apk and .obb to Mediafire.

My first time doing an update for Terra Battle so I wasn't sure how it would play out. Happily, everything seems nice and simple.

A new install and an update of a previous install is basically the same process.

• You'll need an app on your phone to install .apk files. I use one called 'APK Installer'.
  • Before you install (reinstall) the .apk, you need to add (replace) an .obb file to your phone. Go to: \Phone\Android\obb\ (note: if you're installing on an SD card, amend the file location appropriately)
  • Add a new folder inside \obb\ called 'com.mistwalkercorp.guardians'
  • Then place the .obb (or copy over the existing .obb) inside that folder.
  • Now open your APK Installer, navigate to the .apk file and install.

I'm updating and I didn't have to input any User IDs or whatever to keep my details. Once the update is complete, the game just booted straight up as normal.

Whenever (if ever :sadface: ) Mistwalker get around to adding the game officially to your region, my hope is that the process of transferring to the official version will be similarly simple. This is important for the sake of reaching the 2 million users goal, so do plan on 'upgrading' to the official release when/if you can. In the interests of good practice, do set up your device transfer details and save your User ID somewhere.

Does a mod want to replace the old install guide (with the old .apk and .obb) in the OP with this one?

GeoGonzo

Also, Pudding Time 2 is so much better than 1. After doing 1 several times, I would get 2-4 drops on average, all rings. In the 3 runs of Pudding Time 2 I've done, I've gotten about 15 drops average, with 1 to 2 rarer items each time (Dark Matter and Animaton). Now unlocking new jobs finally feels possible, though I'm still 1 or 2 items short for most of my jobs.
I'm afraid you may have simply been pretty lucky. My stats in PT2 have been 269 rings in around 20 games, with 8 rare drops total and only one of the metal I need (Animaton). Still, its finally tuesday, maybe I'll have better luck today...

Hige

I think this game wants me to run an all-mage team. I have Piz'fer, Pupropé, Pupropu, A'merpact, Daiana, Mantledrake, and Regenercell. With some skill boosts that could be pretty lethal.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I think this game wants me to run an all-mage team. I have Piz'fer, Pupropé, Pupropu, A'merpact, Daiana, Mantledrake, and Regenercell. With some skill boosts that could be pretty lethal.

I am very jealous :(

Some Nobody

I'm never going to change jobs at this rate! I keep gambling all my money away trying to get one of the new characters lol. I've spent about 50k so far and no luck yet.

lol, I spent 3k because I made a bit over 16k and ended up pulling a Beastfolk Mage. Disappointing, but that's what happens when you gamble. At least I can still upgrade two characters...as soon as I find some Moon Tears.. >_<

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Need a swordsman and I think a mage swap in would be nice? Two Healers is nice but I probably only want one right? I don't even know how much it heals, highest I saw was 450.

Oh and I got 5 rings from Pudding 1 :/

Day 1 (Thanks Metal Zone):
b31ak1h.jpg

desverger

Okay, I'm just starting out this game. Rerolled a few times and finally pulled a SS Gugba.

Is this guy a good starter or should I reroll till I get a S/SS mage?

Visceir

Need a swordsman and I think a mage swap in would be nice? Two Healers is nice but I probably only want one right? I don't even know how much it heals, highest I saw was 450.

Oh and I got 5 rings from Pudding 1 :/

Day 1 (Thanks Metal Zone):

Amimari becomes a sword user in her second job, I'd put that off until you open up hunting zone 2 though (unlocks after chapter 9), just plow through the story chapters until then.

Each finished chapter gets you more energy and each 5 energy you get to roll for a new character, with login bonuses you should be able to easily recruit 2 - 3 more new characters.

Okay, I'm just starting out this game. Rerolled a few times and finally pulled a SS Gugba.

Is this guy a good starter or should I reroll till I get a S/SS mage?

Gugba is an OP character in late game but not a very good starter character. I'd recommend rolling for a mage if you can handle the rerolling.

desverger

That doesn't probably work. You need to go to options, set a password and save the "transfer data"

The game is always online and all info is stored in server.

Oh right, that's what I meant. I forgot what it was called, but yeah, that's what I did and screenshotted everything.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I think exporting save data does work; I believe I was able to have 1 account on both my iphone and ipad at the same time, but that was when it launched so something might have changed?

Visceir

3 more days until we get the bahamut dungeon.

I might actually get the 5 energy needed for another character roll together by then. Currently my most desired character is Gatz, followed by Jennish/Zerro and perhaps Olber.

Need to pray to the RNG gods.

desverger

Allright, a few rerolls later, I finally pulled a SS Czekras. He seems to be a pretty good starter and an all around good guy - while not a mage, I guess he's the second best option.

I suppose it's time to finally start playing :p

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So any change in luck parameters in pact of truth of using the 2 times in a row rolls for characters instead of the 1 option?

If not why is the option even there?

Because you can also do it 10 times in a row and its faster than clicking it individually every time.

Because you can also do it 10 times in a row and its faster than clicking it individually every time.

Ah, didn't even know there was an option for 10 times in a row. Only seen two buttons.

EDIT, oh now I see, the button changes telling you how many you can do with that button. Have 4 now for the using gold ones.

Staab

Why does every female have to look 10 years old or be an animal girl in a thong

I like the art

They don't, but putting a man's face on a woman's body is a terrible design in my opinion...
It looks weird and there are clearly better ways of giving a "masculine" look to a female warrior.

That hair looks like a goatee...

They don't, but putting a man's face on a woman's body is a terrible design in my opinion...
It looks weird and there are clearly better ways of giving a "masculine" look to a female warrior.

That hair looks like a goatee...

I think that's a scar, but yea it makes it look like a goatee haha

Datschge

As one of the Not-Rerollers I just got my first SS in Zerro. But geeze is that class slow to level up, a far cry from my remaining A and lower cast that was easy to boost to around level 20 with a couple metal zone visits.

GeoGonzo

Meh, I like the new characters since they aren't embarrassing to look at and they seem fairly well drawn and consistent with the look of the game, which are things I wouldn't say about Nakaba Suzuki's designs, for example.

The drop rate for pudding zone 2 is terrible compared to last week. Done 5 and I have gotten less than 10 drops compared to 15.

Yea I'm not doing much better so far. I hope they didn't secretly adjust the drop rates.
I want to give Mistwalker the benefit of the doubt but you never know with these kind of games. :/

Hubb

Why does every female have to look 10 years old or be an animal girl in a thong

I like the art

My biggest complaint is that when I first saw the picture it looked like she had a goatee, or at least something on her chin. I guess it is part of her hair, but I still can't tell from that size/resolution.

My biggest complaint is that when I first saw the picture it looked like she had a goatee, or at least something on her chin. I guess it is part of her hair, but I still can't tell from that size/resolution.
Yep she lookeds like a man.

I dunno, seems fine to me. Did it 3 times and got around 12-19 drops each time.

Seriously, I am not getting any. I guess the dream of getting dark matter is dead.

Visceir

Having all those great artists contribute to the game sounds great in concept, but the end result has been awful, haha.

The characters are getting better, but I would have much rather had more characters from the original artist that are consistent in quality and style.

It's not like they could back out of it either as it was promised as a download starter goal and would be rather insulting to the artist to go and tell them that their work isn't up to the game's standards.

Koozek

Having all those great artists contribute to the game sounds great in concept, but the end result has been awful, haha.

The characters are getting better, but I would have much rather had more characters from the original artist that are consistent in quality and style.

It's not like they could back out of it either as it was promised as a download starter goal and would be rather insulting to the artist to go and tell them that their work isn't up to the game's standards.

Yeah, I think they should have made the new artists give their design to the original artist to reinterpret/convert it in his style so that they'd be more coherent^^

Top Bottom