• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

SirKhalid

Do you mean you have to bring their "B%" attribute up to 100%? Or something else? How much does it increase if you catch the same thing again?

10% on SS rank and 5% on everything else.

From wiki:
Once a character reaches 100% skill boost, that character is no longer recruitable from the Pact of Truth.

that's my master plan... make every 100% so the only thing I can get is the SS characters added... MWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :p
We have the same master plan!

zulux21

10% on SS rank and 5% on everything else.

From wiki:

We have the same master plan!
to be fair, I am not playing a ton though, work keeps getting in the way.

Yeeeeeeah good luck guys.

unless they add more monsters it would only take like 2,760,000 gold to buy all of the monsters up to 100% skill rank (as I am only seeing 46 of them on the wikia). or a mere 920 hunter rank 2 coin runs averaging 3k per run >.>

Recruiting one of them in battle is already rare enough. By my estimate you're looking at about 90 runs of a particular level just to eliminate 1 monster from the drop pool. Is it really that important?

SirKhalid

Recruiting one of them in battle is already rare enough. By my estimate you're looking at about 90 runs of a particular level just to eliminate 1 monster from the drop pool. Is it really that important?
It's more like farm gold during the weekend and spend it on the pact of fellowship.

It's more like farm gold during the weekend and spend it on the pact of fellowship.

Originally the person I responded to was asking about grinding the first few levels over and over to max out on fodder. Someone said earlier it would take about 2.7 million gold to buy all the monsters up to max. That's going to be a few months, and by then there's going to be more monsters in the pool. Just seems kinda unattainable and not worth the cost/benefit ratio, but hey different strokes :)

Originally the person I responded to was asking about grinding the first few levels over and over to max out on fodder. Someone said earlier it would take about 2.7 million gold to buy all the monsters up to max. That's going to be a few months, and by then there's going to be more monsters in the pool. Just seems kinda unattainable and not worth the cost/benefit ratio, but hey different strokes :)

There's minor benefits of gold xp and skill ups from the units I'm using as well.

Is there a unit that has an increased chance to recruit that I can shoot for?

Hydrargyrus

If they're mages with attack spells, congrats! I'm using a team with 3 attack mages and they kick ass.

I have a SS mage (with some kind of purple mist spell), two S mages (one that deactivates bombs and one I've just get and I don't know what does), two B mages that heals (the one you start with and an old guy with a pink "thing") and I have a class B dragon mage or something like that...

I thought mages aren't so great. I only use the SS and one healer

chrono01

Hmm, since the pre-registration Energy code was the same for all regions, I wonder if that also applies to the Famitsu-exclusive Unit. It might be worth the gamble of importing an issue for myself after all...

Oh yay ANOTHER support Mage that I have no use for at the moment.

Its not like they're bad per say. The ones I've gotten are A class, but their skills are basically useless to me right now and I'm just getting to Chap. 6.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Anyone living in japan that I could paypal the price for the Famitsu issue and then send me the character code?
I'd be willing to take a shot and try if the code works in EU.

chrono01

Anyone living in japan that I could paypal the price for the Famitsu issue and then send me the character code?
Hm, actually that might be the better option than importing one.

If there's anyone able [to grab another one for me too] that'd be great. Of course, I would PayPal you the cost for it, and maybe a couple hundred yen extra for the trouble. :)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Hm, actually that might be the better option than importing one.

If there's anyone able [to grab another one for me too] that'd be great. Of course, I would PayPal you the cost for it, and maybe a couple hundred yen extra for the trouble. :)

Maybe it makes more sense if one user tries it first to see if the code is actually working before someone goes out and buy 20 copies :p

anaron

soundtrack tomorrow!

0CU7Cwt.gif

Hige

The code works on the NA version! It's kind of convoluted, but you can download a digital version of Famitsu through the Book Walker app. I'm on the NA App Store, but it's apparently available on Google Play too. You have to register a Book Walker account before you can search the store and buy Famitsu ($3.99). Then you go to the settings page, click on 購入特典 under History and click the button next to 『テラバトル』モンスター“インビジブル” 入手シリアルコード to reveal the code.

anaron

The code works on the NA version! It's kind of convoluted, but you can download a digital version of Famitsu through the Book Walker app. I'm on the NA App Store, but it's apparently available on Google Play too. You have to register a Book Walker account before you can search the store and buy Famitsu ($3.99). Then you go to the settings page, click on 購入特典 under History and click the button next to 『テラバトル』モンスター“インビジブル” 入手シリアルコード to reveal the code.
:eek:

I AINT BUYIN FAMITSU

chrono01

Thanks for this.

It sounds like a lot of work, but I just might do it. I do like the art-style of that Unit, so it seems like it would be worth the trouble. :)

Edit - Actually, couldn't I just purchase the magazine via the Book Walker site and not download the app, or is it required?

Link to the issue: http://bookwalker.jp/def7257211-ca14-4202-b92c-3306d6f2769b/週刊ファミ通-2014年11月6日号/

Toma

Thanks for this.

It sounds like a lot of work, but I just might do it. I do like the art-style of that Unit, so it seems like it would be worth the trouble. :)

Edit - Actually, couldn't I just purchase the magazine via the Book Walker site and not download the app, or is it required?

Link to the issue: http://bookwalker.jp/def7257211-ca14-4202-b92c-3306d6f2769b/週刊ファミ通-2014年11月6日号/

If I type in "Famitsu" on my mobile phone, I get a different Famitsu, the on from 16/10, the one you linked seems to be the next one from 6/11, which one is correct?

chrono01

If I type in "Famitsu" on my mobile phone, I get a different Famitsu, the on from 16/10, the one you linked seems to be the next one from 6/11, which one is correct?
It's the one I listed.

"ダウンロードコンテンツ付録:『モンスターストライク』“1周年ブルーオクケンチー” 入手シリアルコード/『チェインクロニクルV』“成長のアルカナIII”5枚セット(※各職業1枚ずつ) 入手プレゼントナンバー/『テラバトル』“インビジブル” 入手シリアルコード ほか"

Hige

Registering the Book Walker account is the hardest part lol. It's possible through the app, but you have to click around through the Japanese-only parts before they have English translations listed next to different entry forms/menu options. I ended up registering through their official website instead. Fortunately, once you're in the app you can search for "Famitsu" in English instead of having to type out ファミ通.

She only has one job and she's considered a monster type. Poor thing. :( It's worth noting that her Japanese name is "Invisible" instead of Ethereal. Invisible makes more sense given her character profile story, but Ethereal's a better name IMO.

Toma

It's the one I listed.

"ダウンロードコンテンツ付録:『モンスターストライク』“1周年ブルーオクケンチー” 入手シリアルコード/『チェインクロニクルV』“成長のアルカナIII”5枚セット(※各職業1枚ずつ) 入手プレゼントナンバー/『テラバトル』“インビジブル” 入手シリアルコード ほか"

What you just quoted might as well be a recipe for apple pie =p

But I believe you anyway.

chrono01

Registering the Book Walker account is the hardest part lol. It's possible through the app, but you have to click around through the Japanese-only parts before they have English translations listed next to different entry forms/menu options. I ended up registering through their official website instead. Fortunately, once you're in the app you can search for "Famitsu" in English instead of having to type out ファミ通.

She only has one job and she's considered a monster type. Poor thing. :( it's worth noting that her Japanese name is "Invisible" instead of Ethereal. Invisible makes more sense given her character profile story, but Ethereal's a better name IMO.
I might just try through the site tomorrow. It seems easier.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, by the way. I was about ready to import a copy of the issue.

What you just quoted might as well be a recipe for apple pie =p

But I believe you anyway.
Trust me, it's there. :)

Actually, it seems we get a Monster Strike character too. I wonder if it's eligible in the recently-released NA version...

Hige

Thanks for this.

I guess you could go through the site, but then you'd have to enter your credit card info and I don't know how easy that is through their site. I was already on my iPad and liked the convenience of just doing an IAP since I already have my CC tied to my Apple ID. :p It looks like it's actually cheaper if you go through the website, since the app version costs 400 Yen.

chrono01

I guess you could go through the site, but then you'd have to enter your credit card info and I don't know how easy that is through their site. I was already on my iPad and liked the convenience of just doing an IAP since I already have my CC tied to my Apple ID. :p It looks like it's actually cheaper if you go through the website, since the app version is 400 Yen.
Hmm, in that case maybe I'll use the site to create my account and the app to purchase then, since I also have my credit card linked with my Apple ID.

Toma

I guess you could go through the site, but then you'd have to enter your credit card info and I don't know how easy that is through their site. I was already on my iPad and liked the convenience of just doing an IAP since I already have my CC tied to my Apple ID. :p It looks like it's actually cheaper if you go through the website, since the app version costs 400 Yen.

I paid 350 Yen and did Paypal payments via the website and then got the code via the app, worked flawlessly, thanks again.

Here is a pic of the starting stats and skills:
tDxaJyq.jpg

A class, Monster, no additional jobs, spear user.

chrono01

I paid 350 Yen and did Paypal payments via the website and then got the code via the app, worked flawlessly, thanks again.

Here is a pic of the starting stats and skills:
tDxaJyq.jpg

A class, Monster, no addition jobs, spear user.
Ah, so they have a PayPal option via the site? Nice, that settles it, website it is!

Yui

So, I started playing this yesterday and these are my two initial rolls.
I got lucky, I guess? Unlike in a certain other mobile game. ^^"
So, friends + some way to use them will be added later?

Top Bottom