• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Negator

Bonna seems built for Metal Zone 5. Petrify debuff and Seasoned Pro (+15% xp)

I suppose I should start getting her up there. She's also useful in Metal Zone 3 yay!

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
I did pudding time about 20 times today so i can get another character with a second job ( so far i only have grace on job 2) . I got enough to raise my other archer...none of the ore drops for anything but her and bahamut seemed to drop. All i need for Bahamut now is that sword.

anyway the last 3 games....ive gotten zero loot in pudding ...i wonder if this is normal.

I did pudding time about 20 times today so i can get another character with a second job ( so far i only have grace on job 2) . I got enough to raise my other archer...none of the ore drops for anything but her and bahamut seemed to drop. All i need for Bahamut now is that sword.

anyway the last 3 games....ive gotten zero loot in pudding ...i wonder if this is normal.

Like actually 0? Or just not much? How many guys did you kill? And was it pudding 1, 2, or 3?

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
Hunting zone 1..pudding time

usually i was getting on average 6-8, with the boss 10

last few times ..0....and since theres no xp or coin its a complete waste

Aexact

Hunting zone 1..pudding time

usually i was getting on average 6-8, with the boss 10

last few times ..0....and since theres no xp or coin its a complete waste
If you're above the average recommended level for the hunting zone, the drops start getting worse for sure.

... Based on what I experienced. After I kicked out my level 40 people for hunting zone 2 (rec level 29-39), I went from 8-13 drops to 17-20. Or it could be RNG teasing me, but it sure feels that way!

anaron

Up to 980k today!

1 million soon

tMElPCn.gif

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
My energy gacha today was for an A rank char (Ka'pori) I already had but don't use *puke* maybe next week ;_;

Uthred

Got gungnir on my third farm run, but tragically am too broke to give Olber his third job, wheres good for cash during the week?

thematic

any news when will they release this for other countries?

currently downloading Android version from good people in Terra Battle forum

kottila

finally enough rare drops to upgrade my first char (bahl dosen't count) to a second job. Ka'pori or Kusach (only healer atm)

I think I'm finally legitimately stuck. The phoenix one shots all but one at full health character on my party unless there's a way to stop its phoenix fire. Time to grind I guess.

finally enough rare drops to upgrade my first char (bahl dosen't count) to a second job. Ka'pori or Kusach (only healer atm)

Unless you're lacking DPS on your team I would say Kuscah, you also have Bahl already to cover swords.

Got gungnir on my third farm run, but tragically am too broke to give Olber his third job, wheres good for cash during the week?

How far are you? Chapter 20-1 is one of the best quests to grind(outside of hunting/metal zones) if you're able to beat it consistently IMO

Visceir

Finally got Zuzu's third job up to lvl 35, he now has outflank and terasword too. Rather curious to see how crazy his damage output will be now.

I think I'm finally legitimately stuck. The phoenix one shots all but one at full health character on my party unless there's a way to stop its phoenix fire. Time to grind I guess.

Had 2 characters with anti fire capsules which brought my fire resistance up to 80 - 100%, made the fight really easy.

Had 2 characters with anti fire capsules which brought my fire resistance up to 80 - 100%, made the fight really easy.

Are any of them monsters I can recruit?
The only character I have with fire resistance is Bahamut and his ability isn't that reliable and it's not practical to try to buff everyone up in that particular fight.

Visceir

Are any of them monsters I can recruit?
The only character I have with fire resistance is Bahamut and his ability isn't that reliable and it's not practical to try to buff everyone up in that particular fight.

I've yet to see a monster drop capsules. Think you're best off just grinding for levels for a little.

Or perhaps try to position and time your characters so that you can take its health down from ~35% to 0 in one turn (with power point and everyone aligned to deal damage), that is if you have enough damage dealers for that.

It's been said before, but for those who don't want to bother with the Facebook contest for the Ethereal (skills) character, you can get it from a Famitsu promotion by buying the latest online magazine.

It's even 50% off until end of October (1,67$ only).

Register an account, put to cart and purchase (with Paypal) here:
http://bookwalker.jp/def7257211-ca14-4202-b92c-3306d6f2769b/%E9%80%B1%E5%88%8A%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%83%9F%E9%80%9A-2014%E5%B9%B411%E6%9C%886%E6%97%A5%E5%8F%B7/

After purchase, simply go here and you'll see the promotion codes (Terra Battle is the fourth one):
https://member.bookwalker.jp/app/03/my/amenity_logs

Took me 5 min.
Apparently it's an unfinished character, which means they'll add in her extra jobs soonish.

Also, this if you're about to start playing:

You can only use Paypal to do this? ><
I enjoy the game, but not enough to deal with Paypal again... will try my luck on FB

With the free healer Kuscah and the extra 5 energy code being removed, them releasing it worlwide anytime soon is going to make some people very annoyed.

Unless they redo the promotion later on. (more free energy yay!)

With the free healer Kuscah and the extra 5 energy code being removed, them releasing it worlwide anytime soon is going to make some people very annoyed.

Unless they redo the promotion later on. (more free energy yay!)

Wait, they're going to stop giving away Kuscah? The game's going to be unplayable without a healer.

Building a team is an arduous task, but I am slowly getting there.

Right now I have

Gengongo (S)
Alika (S)
Bahamut (S)
Zerro (SS)
Korin (A)
Kuscah (B) gotta have that healer

I realy was hoping Palpa was going to be a better replacement for a healer but she just ain't doing it. In her second or third jobs does she become more viable?

jwhit28

Buolding a team is an arduous task, but is am slowly getting there.

Right now I have

Gengongo (S)
Alika (S)
Bahamut (S)
Zerro (SS)
Korin (A)
Kuscah (B) gotta have that healer

U realy was hoping Palpa was going to be a better replacement for a healer but she just ain't doing it. In her second or third jobs does she become more viable?

She never gets just a normal heal like Kuscah.

Lame, guess I am staying with Kuscah. His boost rate is really high right now, and he eventually can get a heal all if I am not mistaken.

Also I am glad I drew Zerro last night I almost went down a dark hole of spending money on energy only to have it likely squandered by RNG.

U realy was hoping Palpa was going to be a better replacement for a healer but she just ain't doing it. In her second or third jobs does she become more viable?
Try to keep her third job leveled through Metal Zones to acquire that Panacea skill.

You somewhat need a remedy class for endgame chapters.

Yea but some of her later regens are pretty powerful. There's alot of times I would rather have a regen than a heal, because one healer can't really be in two places at once, and a strong regen is a very nice alternative for not having levitate on those nasty spike levels.

Try to keep her third job leveled through Metal Zones to acquire that Panacea skill.

You somewhat need a remedy class for endgame chapters.

What is panacea?

Also she is like third in line for job upgrades that need friggin animation, which has not been dropping for me much. Only got two so far. Bahamut and Zerro seem like higher priorities right now.

What is panacea?

Also she is like third in line for job upgrades that need friggin animation, which has not been dropping for me much. Only got two so far. Bahamut and Zerro seem like higher priorities right now.
It cures any status effect.

Obviously upgrade your other guys first, but just make sure to powerlevel one of the remedy characters that got Panacea for later.

It cures any status effect.

Obviously upgrade your other guys first, but just make sure to powerlevel one of the remedy characters that got Panacea for later.

Gotcha. Yea maybe I can ditch Kuscah at some point. I just looked up Gegonago's level 3 job, currently at 2, and he gets Giga regen at Lvl 35 as well. So with him and Palpa that should be fairly good on healing and such. Plus Gegonago levitates everyone and can disarm bombs, all while wearing sunglasses.

Oh just looked and I also have Eileen, who will likely be easier to level and job upgrade. Will I lose much going with her over Palpa? Both get Panacea. Eileen doesn't need animation to job level though.

jwhit28

Gotcha. Yea maybe I can ditch Kuscah at some point. I just looked up Gegonago's level 3 job, currently at 2, and he gets Giga regen at Lvl 35 as well. So with him and Palpa that should be fairly good on healing and such. Plus Gegonago levitates everyone and can disarm bombs, all while wearing sunglasses.

Oh just looked and I also have Eileen, who will likely be easier to level and job upgrade. Will I lose much going with her over Palpa? Both get Panacea. Eileen doesn't need animation to job level though.

Eileen is great because she puts those runners in the Metal Zone to sleep. I have to use her to get anywhere near 100,000 from Metal Zone 2.

I was so frustrated with 10-10 I couldn't even touch the game yesterday. Went in today, did the gold Gacha and got a Spinetrich, which reminded me that I had gotten one earlier and leveled it up a bit because of the skill boost. First try with it and I completed the dungeon.

God dammit.

jwhit28

I was so frustrated with 10-10 I couldn't even touch the game yesterday. Went in today, did the gold Gacha and got a Spinetrich, which reminded me that I had gotten one earlier and leveled it up a bit because of the skill boost. First try with it and I completed the dungeon.

God dammit.

Yeah I had no idea bosses had those sorts of weaknesses. Ba'gunar and Sha'plar saved me a lot of frustration.

That's probably the only bad thing I have to really say about this designwise. Making something like that a secret just seems fucking stupid to me.

Yep, especially with the stamina restrictions. Luckily you can force quit the game and start at the start of the round for the boss. Even though you get that nasty this may corrupt data message. Seems more like a scare tactic than anything. Though I did have Bahamut glitch and the enemy would occupy the same tile he was on, but I was able to move him and fix that.

Though it sucks if you get into a point of no return because you don't have an elemental that the boss is weak against. I have been trying to combat this by having one of each element in my party. Missing only ice at the moment.

Yep, especially with the stamina restrictions. Luckily you can force quit the game and start at the start of the round for the boss. Even though you get that nasty this may corrupt data message. Seems more like a scare tactic than anything. Though I did have Bahamut glitch and the enemy would occupy the same tile he was on, but I was able to move him and fix that.

Though it sucks if you get into a point of no return because you don't have an elemental that the boss is weak against. I have been trying to combat this by having one of each element in my party. Missing only ice at the moment.

What happens if you do that after a shitty run of Hunting Zone where you get no drops? Will it start you over from the beginning so you can try your luck at RNG again?

I finally decided to spend some money on this game to support Mistwalker.
50 Energy got me 1 SSs and 9 Bs(4 of the Bs were duplicates).
That brings my total count of rare pulls of 2 SSs and 1 S.

To the people who manage to get SSs from your free energy, count your blessings.
Yes, i'm salty

Question about the control time ability, does the +2 seconds only apply to that particular character or to yourself overall?

What happens if you do that after a shitty run of Hunting Zone where you get no drops? Will it start you over from the beginning so you can try your luck at RNG again?

It is dependent on the round you are on, so if you are on round 3 it will bring you back to that round. Though I guess on Tin Parade and Puppet Show the whole thing is one round, so in those two it would refresh the whole thing. Though it my experience once you hit start from the main menu the RNG is already determined, so if you restart from a force quit you may get the same thing. It does help if you borked getting your peeps in position though, like on metal zones.

To the people who manage to get SSs from your free energy, count your blessings.
Yes, i'm salty

Question about the control time ability, does the +2 seconds only apply to that particular character or to yourself overall?

This is precisely why I haven't spent money on the game. I was so close to doing so, I managed to draw a SS last night and that has made it so much easier to avoid, and I have gotten lucky with 4 S characters. I would gladly pay $10-$15 just to remove the stamina noise.

Visceir

That +2 sec only applies when you make a move with that character. I think Ellvern has a control time +2 sec skill that activates 30% through a chain, not sure how that works, maybe that one gives everyone in the chain the time buff.

Yes, i'm salty
I only bought some energy right at start after I rerolled my two SS guys.
All As and Bs, but I'm still happy because I got my 2 spears, 2 swords and 2 bows to clear chapters easily.

The idea was to replace all my starter C rank guys, and that's what happened.

So far I've kept all my free energy, and got over 60.
I'm waiting on more new heroes, or perhaps some form of "godfest" way later on.

Negator

Yes, i'm salty

My 30 energy splurge resulted in SS, A, A, A, A, B

Definitely consider myself lucky. The variance on energy characters is pretty huge.

Top Bottom