• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Aexact

He has a pattern of attacking and warping; when he attacks, run away, when he warps, attack.
Can't survive the wave of minions attacking me while also running away from the stab of doom.

Don't have Darkness but I guess I could try lightning lizard. Only problem is he's a sword user and all the enemies are spears, guy can barely survive three attacks.

Visceir

Can someone help me fill out my squad, currently in chapter 10:

I have the following three S characters who I am currently using, plus Kusach for healing:

Sha'plar the Witch - sword
Zuzu the Shadow - sword
Bahamut - Mage (got him in my 4th run, feelsgoodman.jpeg)

After that I have the following A characters:

Samupi - spear
Metupi - bow
Ka'pori - sword
Parhl - bow
S'napi - bow

And B characters

Ba'gunar - sword
Ra'prow - spear
Ma'curi - spear
Zan - sword
Grace - archer
Bahl - sword

I have been rocking Samupi and Grace to round out my team but currently debating if any of my other characters are worth building up. Thanks

Zuzu and Ma'curi both have a skill that does 1000 damage flat, Zuzu needs to be job2 for the skill (Thousand Spears), I'd recommend working on getting those skills asap. S'naip is capable of dealing loads of damage as well. With those 3 characters you'd have 1 of each weapon type covered.

Sha'plar gets AoE spells at job2, so it'd be important to get her there as well.

All elements? How do you pudding time??

I don't think you really need elemental attacks for pudding time. Atleast for example Zuzu's thousand swords skill isn't elemental and that hits puddings, pretty sure his mega/giga sword do as well. Seems more like it is skills in general that hit puddings.

You know what I'd like to see in this game? The ability to change jobs mid-battle. You can already hold a character's icon to bring up their stats, so it would be easy to let you select another job type right there. Even if it counted as a turn, it might be worth it.

You can already add skills from job1/2 to job3, only time job changing would be useful is if the character had different weapons for various jobs and the number of those characters is very low.

The rates from Hunting Zone 1 to 2 are pretty dramatic, but does anyone here have experience with Hunting Zone 3?

I gave hunting zone 3 a try a couple of times but didn't see any difference in drops and went back to doing hunting zone 2.

Visceir

It's slowly turning into a habbit to first thing in the morning check TB and make sure I use up some of my full stamina. Oddly enough focusing on the game seems to help me wake up easier.

Got enough mats to get Palpa's second job, looked at the wiki and went NOPE!

Yeah, shes seems to be a really useless character in general despite being S rank. Atleast Ba'gunar has the capsules and his lightning element to make up for his shitty damage/survivability.

It's slowly turning into a habbit to first thing in the morning check TB and make sure I use up some of my full stamina. Oddly enough focusing on the game seems to help me wake up easier.

This morning I somehow knew to wake up just before Metal Zone 4 closed. This game is consuming me...

GeoGonzo

Trial and error I guess. Also it's darkness. Lightning may work too, I suppose, but I've never tried it.
I think you may be confusing Time Devourer (10-10, weak to light) with Toxoid (13-8, weak to darkness)
Is there a difference between the loot dropped between Hunting Zone 1 or 2? Does the drops get rarer or is it about the same?
Each hunting zone seems to drop rare loot more often. Most people seem to suggest to ignore hunting zone 1 and wait for HZ2.

Visceir

you could do what i did this last weekend... via hunting zone 2 repeatedly do the coin creep for about 60k and spend it all on the gold pact. You should get at least one of the elemental mages.

How far along into the story are you and have you actually gotten something worthwhile from all those coin rolls?

I just did pudding time 2 about 4 times and, while my sample size is small, i think drops might be reduced if you have members over the level range. The first 2 times i went with 2 level 41 guys and got 8 and 13 drops, respectively (WITH the boss showing up). Then I remembered how they scale exp in metal zone with the highest level member, and how exp is zero for people above the cap and thought why not drops too? I removed the two 41s and replaced them with some 30s and my next two runs i got 18 and 21 drops (WITHOUT the boss showing up)

Ulthwe

I did some more testing, and it seems how much exp you get per kill in metal zone is based on the level of the highest member of your party.

It doesn't matter what zone or what the level is, what matters is that higher max level = higher exp. moreover, it seems to be linear. In other words, if you replace your highest level guy with someone whose level is twice as high, you get twice as much exp.
Thanks for the tip! I leveled up Ethereal and a beast in a pinch using a lvl 21 Grace. I saw that the difficulty of the battle increased proportionally the higher the level my chars were.

Visceir

Wonder if we'll get more free energy for 1 mil and/or the bahamut event.

Should be able to get to 1 mil by friday. 10 energy for 1 mil downloads would probably spoil everyone, haha.

U get decent mages for pudding time.

Was more curious if he had even unlocked Hunting Zone 3 for those 7 - 12 k coin runs. + you can only get boss monsters from coin rolls if you've actually beaten them.

Jaruru

by saying "Neo Bahamut is a level 35 quest", does it mean a team with average lvl 35 members can beat Neo Bahamut?

my current team is range of 35-40. got Bahamut in my 15th try last week, I hope the rare weapon will have a better drop rate >.>

kottila

Keep getting wiped by 11-10 boss. Even spent an energy to continue just to beat him and he still killed me in two more turns. How do you even attack a boss when he's in the corner?

zulux21

How far along into the story are you and have you actually gotten something worthwhile from all those coin rolls?

Im in chapter 10 still, and I haven't gotten any SS from the coin rolls yet, but I do have I think 41 characters now and can form a team for basically any enemy I face now if I want.

I don't think you really need elemental attacks for pudding time. Atleast for example Zuzu's thousand swords skill isn't elemental and that hits puddings, pretty sure his mega/giga sword do as well. Seems more like it is skills in general that hit puddings.

Mega and Gigasword can miss on the pudding. Any attack can hit puddings but physical attacks just have a high chance to miss, I don't have Zuzu but it sounds like his skill is a special case, since it does 1000 damage always.

A whole day of farming pudding and 0 animatons so far. This thing really hates me.

Neol

Mega and Gigasword can miss on the pudding. Any attack can hit puddings but physical attacks just have a high chance to miss, I don't have Zuzu but it sounds like his skill is a special case, since it does 1000 damage always.

A whole day of farming pudding and 0 animatons so far. This thing really hates me.

I'm convinced that animaton has the lowest drop rate out of all the items besides the legendary items. I get everything else besides it and it sucks cause I'm gonna need 3 to get Bahamut's 2nd job :/

I'm convinced that animaton has the lowest drop rate out of all the items besides the legendary items. I get everything else besides it and it sucks cause I'm gonna need 3 to get Bahamut's 2nd job :/
It's really random.
I got 12 Animatons, but can't get Orichalcum to drop when I need it.

GeoGonzo

I farmed animaton two fridays ago, last tuesday, last friday... and had only 2.

Today I finally found the last one I needed to upgrade Olber to his second (and then third) job.

and then I found THREE more for Bahamut! *fist pump*

idk man but something is different about Pudding Time this week than last. I used to regularly get 18+, with anything below 15 being exceedingly rare. I've only gotten over 10 once today out of about 6 runs.

Soulflarz

Banned
idk man but something is different about Pudding Time this week than last. I used to regularly get 18+, with anything below 15 being exceedingly rare. I've only gotten over 10 once today out of about 6 runs.

Our luck sucks. I refuse to admit they would change it without telling us :p

jwhit28

I've had pretty good luck today, I'm only getting like 12 prizes a run, but they have been great drops. I got Czekras and Sha'plar to job 2.

I've had pretty good luck today, I'm only getting like 12 prizes a run, but they have been great drops. I got Czekras and Sha'plar to job 2.

I guess that could be it. I'm getting fewer drops, but still getting 1-3 rares per run. Well, most of what i need is from Tin anyway, so hopefully it will be better.

Deitus

Wonder if it is going to be worth picking up a bunch of Caladbolgs.

I doubt Caladbolg will be used for anything other than adding a job to Bahamut. I don't think it would be worth your effort to farm it.

Maybe if you could trade items it might be worth it.

Top Bottom