• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

anaron

Listen to podcasts while I'm pmaying and have no interest in animations (want th game to move as fast as possible). Just give us more free energy and I would be satisfied
You have no interest in Mitsuda, Shimomura and Ito music joining this game?

SMH

I do like the game but .. I feel like it's empty .. like an incomplete RPG. I'll probably never play it again because even if the gameplay is fun, there is nothing more.
This is not meant to replace a full RPG, if that what you were going for, it is good you gave up now.

depths20XX

yo Manmer is such a weird character design

I've been using him since the beginning because he was the only bow user I got but his 2nd and 3rd jobs seem terrible at this point in the game. I'm not even gonna waste the mats to up his job.

Sidenote: Ma'curi is a fucking beast and nearly all of his skills seem useful. DPS monster.

Barrage

Im sure this has already been discussed, but..I have Daina and Bahamut (both Flame mages). At the same level. Given how slow bahamut levels, and the difficulty of getting hos second and third jobs, should I just stick with Daina?

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Im sure this has already been discussed, but..I have Daina and Bahamut (both Flame mages). At the same level. Given how slow bahamut levels, and the difficulty of getting hos second and third jobs, should I just stick with Daina?
Keep both! Daiana turns into a bow user on job 2.

depths20XX

Daiana goes from flame mage to bow then flame mage again on third job.

I'm guessing Bahamut would be the stronger flame mage overall if you got him to that point. Just depends if you want to level him. I've still been using Daiana myself just because she works.

Visceir

I might have overdone it a bit with leveling

KTW3YIe.png

I might have overdone it a bit with leveling

KTW3YIe.png

maybe.

i'm kinda jealous of your achievement given i still havent even taken a single character to their 2nd job (i have like 12 characters ready for their next step).

still in ch 11, my work has spotty connections so i cant play through most of the day. i let a lot of the bonus areas pass, but when i do get a chance to play i just quickly waste my stamina in 3-4 runs through an area :/

EdiT:

Jaruru

yea, got a SS Amina healer from 1M free 5 stones

no money spent yet. so far my draws are
SS: Gugba (starter, bomberman), Amina, Samatha
S: Ellvern
A: S'naip
then some B's

Chap 16 now, heard so much about Chap 18, don't know whether possible to beat it without levitation?

Visceir

Progress through story chapters, get more stamina, have more stamina to regen while not playing and more stamina to use when playing???

+1 energy for each chapter completed is a neat bonus too

Visceir

Any recommendations for leveling past metal zone 5?

I've only done 20-1 and no Metal Zones past lvl 40. 200 k exp, 3000+ gold, 5 - 15 items (including chance to get Animaton, Oxsecium, moon tears, dark matter) for 25 stamina.

At this point it's so easy that there is no danger of me ever dying.

Visceir

how many characters have you level past 40? did you concentrate on the same 6 for their 3rd jobs?

8 characters out of which most have every job past lvl 35 and like half have 2 jobs past lvl 40+

SS characters are lvl 55 right now (job3). S character is 2 levels away from lvl 65 and a B character that I started from lvl 1 when everyone else was lvl 42+ is now lvl 58

Visceir

I just noticed you have 21 energy.

how do you keep the discipline not to use them

Haha, it's rough.

I'm happy with my current team and at this point there is such a small chance of getting a character I actually want/would use that I decided to hold on to the energy until new characters get added.

Here's my current team: (+Grace at job3 lvl 53 & and Kuscach)
lmEaxbJ.png

Einbroch

Banned
How important are rankings and what you roll with originally? My brother is telling me stories of struggling with an SS and S with a solid rest of his party, and I rolled 2 As (one of which seems pretty useless until her third job, Kana) and a couple of Bs.

I don't want to hit a wall and grind for days and days just to progress a level knowing that people that got lucky can breeze through it, but I don't know how true it is.

Neol

How important are rankings and what you roll with originally? My brother is telling me stories of struggling with an SS and S with a solid rest of his party, and I rolled 2 As (one of which seems pretty useless until her third job, Kana) and a couple of Bs.

I don't want to hit a wall and grind for days and days just to progress a level knowing that people that got lucky can breeze through it, but I don't know how true it is.

The whole game is doable with just A's and B's. That being said it is easier when you have a S or SS character to rely on.

If you feel your team is fine then I would just say don't worry about it too much and just play the game. And you might get a S and SS in the future anyway.

Visceir

Pretty sure there has already been someone who beat the game with just A/B characters -- there even was a video on youtube of someone beating the final boss with a farmable monsters party.

Rank by itself doesn't mean much, but there are definitely characters in the game that make the games easier and more enjoyable.

You can easily struggle through a battle with a party of full SS's and breeze through with a party of C's. The thing is that you would need exactly the right weapons bonuses, elemental bonuses, etc to make up for it.

Generally speaking, characters with higher rank will have a) higher stats (at same level, a higher rank swordsman will have more HP, atk, def, etc than a lower rank swordsman) and more powerful special abilities.

Also, it's important to keep in mind that levelling up isn't the only way to get more powerful. By levelling other jobs of the same character, you unlock additional skill slots, as well as additional skills to put in those slots. So a B character with all 3 jobs at 65 making use of all the god-tier skills at the same time is easily going to win out over an SS level 65 character with only 1 job at 65 and the other jobs at 1.

Negator

Now that I rolled Koko, I feel like I don't even need Bahamut anymore. I have Zerro playing catch up on levels, do I need more than one mage on my team?

putermcgee

Now that I rolled Koko, I feel like I don't even need Bahamut anymore. I have Zerro playing catch up on levels, do I need more than one mage on my team?
I run with Bahamut (fire mage) and A'merpact (ice mage) and I love it when both of their skills go off on the same enemy. It's helpful if you have mages with different elements because they'll be helpful in different levels.

Now what I really want is a fire/ice swordsman, and an elemental archer that's not a wyvern.

Are we talking $5 or $50? I mean the energy isnt cheap soo if theres guaranteed characters I can understand it, it's just kinda stupid in my personal opinion.

saw someone saying they spent $200+ dollars in game and wanted at least half of that for their account in the terra battle forums site.

the mods have started to crack down on them all now. with good reason.

zulux21

saw someone saying they spent $200+ dollars in game and wanted at least half of that for their account in the terra battle forums site.

the mods have started to crack down on them all now. with good reason.

it's not that uncommon for people to buy old accounts... I mean I only have what 20 days on my account... in that time I have gotten
5 energy from promo code that is no longer active
10 energy from log in bonus
5 energy from bahumat event
5 energy from 1 million downloads..
I think we also got 5 energy for 500k.

so that is 30 energy worth of rolls that I have that a new account couldn't get without paying... so buying my account would be worth at least that which works out to what like $20 at this time?

that being said I wouldn't sell my account because i am enjoying the game.... my marvel puzzle quest account on the other hand >.>;

either way my goal tonight is to get through chapter 11 and then get the rare weapon drop on 12-2... and then farm pudding zone when it's live friday trying to get my last stone needed to get lewto to job 2... as I will also have the mats for job 3 and can get both at the same time making him my first real job 2 change and then first job 3 change lol.

thematic

Haha, it's rough.

I'm happy with my current team and at this point there is such a small chance of getting a character I actually want/would use that I decided to hold on to the energy until new characters get added.

Here's my current team: (+Grace at job3 lvl 53 & and Kuscach)
lmEaxbJ.png

damn
I wish I have your patience

just use 10 energy to roll
and I already own both *kill myself*

the sad part is I got +5% skill boost to the most useless character in my team : Jaguna. low physical attack, defense etc

linkent

Wow chapter 18 is really hard, even with levitation.
Maybe because i dont have a spear user too.
Everything hit for half of my character life while i no longer 1hko without many link.

Top Bottom