• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Deitus

Yikes, 25 stamina? Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't take me too many runs, because I'll only be able to do two attempts before I run out

2 tries to get calabodlg. i only have 47 stamina limit so 25 stamina req was definitely a worrying issue.

I almost wiped a couple of times due to high enemy hp and them annoying confusion trees.

(i admit i closed the program a couple of times to reset team losses)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
One has to wonder what the RNG algorithm they use is like.

My gf did 30 runs when the Bahamut event started and didnt get him to drop.

Today, she tried once with the new event and immediately got him.

RNG is my worst enemy for both the Bahamut stages and in trying to recruit anyone who isn't a dupe B-rank. It's the one thing making me want to retire from the game.

two pulls, new B-Rank and a Dupe B-rank... I really need to just save energy for a while, I don't NEED more characters....

Lewto is up to 18% skill boost, Kuscach is up to 17% skill boost, no dupe rolls that's entirely from farming for materials... Just about every battle they get one. A'merpact is up there too. Mages activate skills so much more than warriors.

Visceir

two pulls, new B-Rank and a Dupe B-rank... I really need to just save energy for a while, I don't NEED more characters....

Lewto is up to 18% skill boost, Kuscach is up to 17% skill boost, no dupe rolls that's entirely from farming for materials... Just about every battle they get one. A'merpact is up there too. Mages activate skills so much more than warriors.

Just imagine if you get that SS character missing from your perfect team or Gatz with all its treasure hunter/levitate skills. Surel you'll get it next roll~

putermcgee

You guys are lucky you can even beat the second Bahamut. Three tries, died every time. I think my levels are just too low, and the first time, I forgot to even bring a healer.

Einbroch

Banned
I'm a bit confused on jobs and leveling and skills.

Do I level a character to 65 first then change jobs? Or whenever? How do I choose the skills I learn?

Soulflarz

Banned
Got it second try

muahahah I win again :D
(1st and 2nd so far)

Do I level a character to 65 first then change jobs? Or whenever? How do I choose the skills I learn?
Noo. 65 and you wont beat the game due to difficult. Skills unlock in order at 15, 35,...65? And then you can equip them to the other jobs. 35 at most if the other skills aren't good. Its not worth sticking at job 1 till 65 since that would mean no job change the entire game.

Fbh

You know what would make this game even more fun Mistsalker.?

NOT REGION LOCKING IT. Seriously, what is this, android by Nintendo?

Einbroch

Banned
Noo. 65 and you wont beat the game due to difficult. Skills unlock in order at 15, 35,...65? And then you can equip them to the other jobs. 35 at most if the other skills aren't good. Its not worth sticking at job 1 till 65 since that would mean no job change the entire game.

Can you switch back and forth between jobs? Also, if your skill slots are full, do you not learn any new skills or can you switch?

I'm just confused about the skill and job system.

Can you switch back and forth between jobs? Also, if your skill slots are full, do you not learn any new skills or can you switch?

Yes, you can switch between jobs for a character by going to their character screen if they have multiple jobs available. The skill slots are for pulling skills from different jobs into your current job

Einbroch

Banned
Yes, you can switch between jobs for a character by going to their character screen if they have multiple jobs available. The skill slots are for pulling skills from different jobs into your current job

Ah! Thank you. So there's no way to permanently mess up your character.

You guys are lucky you can even beat the second Bahamut. Three tries, died every time. I think my levels are just too low, and the first time, I forgot to even bring a healer.

my team of all 30s struggled a tad. As mentioned above, i wasnt above closing the game and restarting to redo a specific round. and at 25 stamina per run screw fairness.

other than that, i would prioritize the status/healer mobs first. I.e. kill the horse healers, confuse trees first before anything else. When fighting bahamut, disregard attacking him and concentrate on aggregating your characters towards your healer and killing the healer horses. one a time since they have major def/hp.

I want to say stick with your strongest physical hitters on the horses since thats guaranteed max damage, and not relying on mages doing their AOEs activating.

Visceir

three runs no drop. Does neo bahamut only drop the job class material, or does he drop as a monster as well?

Just Bahamut.

It's recommended to get each job to lvl 20 as that opens up another one of the extra skill slots that you can use to pull in other job skills. Lvl 20 is easy to achieve and gives you 2 extra skills to use.

Job3 obviously has the highest stats, but sometimes job1/2 might have worthwhile enough lvl 65 skills to prioritize leveling those instead.

Don't get too obsessed with getting all the materials for job changes, atleast not early on. I was at chapter 14 before I started doing job changes. Completing chapters gives you higher stamina and energy while hunting zones can just be a huge waste of time and stamina if you don't get the right mats.

ferr

I can't believe this game is getting a long and seemingly positive thread. Did I download the wrong game? It is complete crap. Feels like a freemium game that might have been considered interesting 4 years ago.. now it sits in a pile of a saturated market of crap. Want to enjoy a good fremium that recently came out? Try Faraway Kingdom.

I have a Gatz at level 51, I think I'm just going to brute force the RNG to get me Caladbolg instead of trying to up my odds with treasure hunter haha.

Getting to 65 with S/SS ranks for multiple jobs is going to be a chore.
Do you run a full 6-character team for your Ch 20 runs, Visceir?

Einbroch

Banned
I can't believe this game is getting a long and seemingly positive thread. Did I download the wrong game? It is complete crap. Feels like a freemium game that might have been considered interesting 4 years ago.. now it sits in a pile of a saturated market of crap. Want to enjoy a good fremium that recently came out? Try Faraway Kingdom.

Tried Faraway Kingdom. Incredibly mindless, it's Tiny Tower with some RPG elements. Which is fine for what you want, but I like a little more skill and planning in my games. It's interesting you say this, as Faraway Kingdom is an iOS game that feels like it came out during the Tiny Tower/Pixel People era.

Visceir

I have a Gatz at level 51, I think I'm just going to brute force the RNG to get me Caladbolg instead of trying to up my odds with treasure hunter haha.

Getting to 65 with S/SS ranks for multiple jobs is going to be a chore.
Do you run a full 6-character team for your Ch 20 runs, Visceir?

I've done a couple of 5-character runs, mainly when Zuzu was close to lvl 65. Could probably even do 4- or 3-character, but most of my characters are in need of exp and getting 1/5 rather than 1/6 exp isn't that huge of a difference.

Top Bottom