• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Folstern

I finally decided to spend some money on this game to support Mistwalker.
50 Energy got me 1 SSs and 9 Bs(4 of the Bs were duplicates).
That brings my total count of rare pulls of 2 SSs and 1 S.

To the people who manage to get SSs from your free energy, count your blessings.
Yes, i'm salty
More than a few Bs are great characters, so it depends.

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
Million Shmillion.....need 500k more downloads to get some sweet Amano characters.

I was dissapointed today, was hoping to get a few games in before classes today but the game didnt wanna connect with the shoddy college wifi

Sakaguchi...what have you done to me

Million Shmillion.....need 500k more downloads to get some sweet Amano characters.

I was dissapointed today, was hoping to get a few games in before classes today but the game didnt wanna connect with the shoddy college wifi

Sakaguchi...what have you done to me

Wait, really? Guess I am hoarding my energy for a bit.

Figured out a nice trick for killing those stupid Metal Runners when they're separated by a great distance from other enemies, meaning that you can't even sleep/paralyze them, or hit them with AoE.

If you have Grace (I'm sure other characters have this as well), she has an ability where as long as she takes part in an attack, she will hit the 8 squares surrounding herself with arrows. This means you can position her diagonally from a runner, as long as she is chained in an attack with someone else anywhere else on the board, and she will hit the runner diagonal to her.

More than a few Bs are great characters, so it depends.

Yes my team right now is fairly solid with 3-4 B ranks but even the B pulls I got were underwhelming. I've made it to Ch21 with a mediocre team before finally getting stuck so I was hoping to get some nicer units before i comedy the game.

Random thought: Kuscah looks like House in his upgraded jobs lol.

Random thought 2: a lot of my pulls seem to be related to each other in the lore, I wonder if it's as coincidence.

I have Bahl, Samatha, Gatz and Kem who are connected. The three stone folk Upi brothers. Amerpact and Kana.
Pahrl and Kem are part of some sort of stonefolk children group

putermcgee

What do people usually pull from Puppet Show (2)? I got 29 treasures, and then 30 treasures a couple tries later. I think I usually get between 15-25.

Deitus

Figured out a nice trick for killing those stupid Metal Runners when they're separated by a great distance from other enemies, meaning that you can't even sleep/paralyze them, or hit them with AoE.

If you have Grace (I'm sure other characters have this as well), she has an ability where as long as she takes part in an attack, she will hit the 8 squares surrounding herself with arrows. This means you can position her diagonally from a runner, as long as she is chained in an attack with someone else anywhere else on the board, and she will hit the runner diagonal to her.

Yeah, Grace is a super useful character that I almost never take out of my party for this reason.

Although you could use the same strategy with your sleep/paralyze unit, and it would possibly be even more effective than using Grace. The sleep/paralyze effect has an area of 3x3 directly around the caster (not the pincer area). Since sleep/paralyze have a higher chance of activating, a wider area of effect, and are guaranteed to sleep runners (as opposed to megabow which might not kill in one hit, depending on Grace's level), this is generally a safer option. Although you could always take advantage of both if you plan well enough.

zulux21

here is the goal list

http://www.terra-battle.com/en/downloadstarter/

What is everyone hoping for in a console/pc version.

Hopefully this is a flat priced non f2p game....i'm hoping for a large world old school ( with modern 3d visuals) jrpg...but with battles being done the same way as they are in this game..or even an advanced version of that.

a full retail release (aka a full budget will be sold at $60 game) using the lore of Terra Battle to make a spirited sequel to this

So am i the only one who felt that the difficulty of chapter 15 felt way out of place? As in, way too easy? I completely steamrolled the boss in like 3 turns, and all the enemies on previous stages are mostly stationary so it's very easy to avoid attacks.

Neol

Wait till chapter 18.

Just beat it and I have to say this chapter is ridiculously hard without a levitation user and even with one you have to plan your units placements beforehand. Lost my will and used an energy to beat 18-10 >_<

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Finally beat 21-7 and then steamrolled the rest of the chapter; 21-10 is so fun.
This music too; can't get enough of it.

Hige

Can anyone figure out what's going on with Kuscah in his third job portrait? Does he have three arms? I unlocked his third job today and noticed his left arm becomes a robot arm, but his right arm is still there hidden behind the other robot arm. It looks like the right robot arm is coming out of his armpit or something.

Neol

Can anyone figure out what's going on with Kuscah in his third job portrait? Does he have three arms? I unlocked his third job today and noticed his left arm becomes a robot arm, but his right arm is still there hidden behind the other robot arm. It looks like the right robot arm is coming out of his armpit or something.

Now that you mention it... yea it seems he does have three arms. I feel like that it should not be that way though and the artist just messed up when doing the third job.

Zorbane

Neo Member
Now that you mention it... yea it seems he does have three arms. I feel like that it should not be that way though and the artist just messed up when doing the third job.

Yea the pictures share a lot and looks like someone's copy paste failed lol

kottila

Been steamrolling through most of the game, but complete stop at chapter 12 where i had to cheat to just get by the first levels (if you close the app you get to restart at the beginning of that battle). Maybe I need to give up the story for a while and do some levelling (most are level 28-31). Ps. Trying to keep bahamut in my party, but he's a bitch to level up

anaron

Oh SWEET, it hit 1 Million tonight! :D

Terra Battle live concert

We are proud to present a live concert featuring Mr. Uematsu. I've asked him to perform music not only from Terra Battle, but also from other games that we've worked on in the past.
A few lucky players will be invited to attend this exclusive live concert.
We'll announce the details once they are confirmed.
Start production of attack illustrations for battle scenes

Battle Animations
We would like to add variations to the art that appears when you sandwich an enemy for attack.
There are multiple characters, and with their job change variations, the workload is massive. Despite the challenge, we'll complete them with the utmost care.

Start development of VS battle mode

We are looking into using Bluetooth technology to battle with nearby friends.
We'll craft the system carefully to make sure we come up with something fun.

Wait till chapter 18.

Just beat it and I have to say this chapter is ridiculously hard without a levitation user and even with one you have to plan your units placements beforehand. Lost my will and used an energy to beat 18-10 >_<

I'm lucky I had Eileen right before I got to 18. The problem was that she was so low leveled, the first time I fought the 18-10 boss she got one shotted by support fire and my party eventually dropped on to spikes. I beat it 2 tries after by having her far away from the fight and hoping no one hits her so she can levitate everyone.

anaron

Heh, their 1 million downloads celebratory pic is all waifus.

lol was just about to post it

BBpBib1.jpg

also via JohnTV:

John Ricciardi &#8207;@johntv 4h4 hours ago

Monster Strike and Terra Battle headlining Famitsu? The times, they are a changin'. @terra_battle_en @MStrikeOfficial

QFPjKML.jpg

Akzel

I do like the game but .. I feel like it's empty .. like an incomplete RPG. I'll probably never play it again because even if the gameplay is fun, there is nothing more.

Akito

This game is too moody to me, first I rolled 2 SS characters with my first 2 rolls but since then I never got anything better than A, not to mention 2 duplicates. Got Eileen with today's free energy though, sleep and levitation? Yes why, thank you very much.

I do like the game but .. I feel like it's empty .. like an incomplete RPG. I'll probably never play it again because even if the gameplay is fun, there is nothing more.

This is the first time I read anything like this. I feel like if anything, for a f2p mobile game, everyone thinks the exact opposite. But hey, each one to his own :p

Got Eilen today with 5 free energy. I was 90% sure i was going to get Kuscah for the 5th time in a row

sleep + levitation? why, don't mind if i do......

SWKwong

Neo Member
Pulled Jaguna, my 5th B+ arrow character. She has 95 atk at lvl 70. :/

Other than that, pretty elated that new music is coming.

Rojo

This game is too moody to me, first I rolled 2 SS characters with my first 2 rolls but since then I never got anything better than A, not to mention 2 duplicates. Got Eileen with today's free energy though, sleep and levitation? Yes why, thank you very much.

Got Eilen today with 5 free energy. I was 90% sure i was going to get Kuscah for the 5th time in a row

sleep + levitation? why, don't mind if i do......

Damn i could use a levitation spirit oh well i can't complain i guess since i got olber and i already have Sheena and Amimari.

Top Bottom