• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Two pulls and got some A ranked Spearsmen. Need more mages pls

I should probably start advancing more.. only in Chapter 4, but haven't been playing a whole lot lately.

ferr

Tried Faraway Kingdom. Incredibly mindless, it's Tiny Tower with some RPG elements. Which is fine for what you want, but I like a little more skill and planning in my games. It's interesting you say this, as Faraway Kingdom is an iOS game that feels like it came out during the Tiny Tower/Pixel People era.

TB just comes off to me as another RoB/P&D clone. It also feels cheaply made. I don't want to come in here and sling mud, I'm just surprised is all- if Sakaguchi wasn't attached it would be treated much differently imo. I'm disappointed in Sakaguchi.. he can do better.

TB just comes off to me as another RoB/P&D clone. It also feels cheaply made. I don't want to come in here and sling mud, I'm just surprised is all- if Sakaguchi wasn't attached it would be treated much differently imo. I'm disappointed in Sakaguchi.. he can do better.

well we can hope this leads to him having funds/resources towards more traditional endeavors, or he has tasted the forbidden fruit of mobile and will only further his dedication to this medium completely backfiring on those who are supporting this game in hopes of the former.

all in all, i will be honest and say i wouldn't have given this title any attention outside of the mistwalker brand and was pleasantly surprised. it has changed my views on mobile gaming somewhat. still cautious though.

*fingers crossed*

depths20XX

Don't get how it feels cheaply made. The interface and art style look much better than P&D or any other game of this type that I've seen so far.

Ryuukan

Don't get how it feels cheaply made. The interface and art style look much better than P&D or any other game of this type that I've seen so far.

Seriously. Look at monster strike that just came out here. Looks like a flash game from 15 years ago.

I knew PVP was going to be via bluetooth, but just found out they'll do it for Coop Battles too.

Kinda sucks. I was hoping for it to be online and just easy log in with some GAF.

Ryuukan

I knew PVP was going to be via bluetooth, but just found out they'll do it for Coop Battles too.

Kinda sucks. I was hoping for it to be online and just easy log in with some GAF.

I'm sure they realize local multiplayer is not a global solution, maybe it will come before online multiplayer because its easier/cheaper to implement?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm sure they realize local multiplayer is not a global solution, maybe it will come before online multiplayer because its easier/cheaper to implement?

Monster Strike originally was bluetooth only and later ported to online IIRC.

They might follow the same model here.

Aexact

Five tries and nothing. 25 energy is pretty worrisome. Even more worrisome is the upped requirements for the last material upcoming.

Rolled B rank Jaguna and... B rank Jaguna?! Ugly art, bad character, I am so sad...
Hope I can get it sooner rather then later, would be nice to be able to get some gold. Though I guess if I run this Bahamut event long enough, I'll get a respectable amount of gold eventually, haha.

KTallguy

Banned
I'm playing this game over P&D or the other ones simply because the art and music are great. Those other games are just terrible looking.

The other advantage of sticking with 2D is that my older phone can run it just fine.

I wouldn't mind 2D portrait attack animations, but the reality is that the game does what it's trying to do very well.

Visceir

Presentation wise it feels top-notch to me. If I'd change anything then probably just to add some more forms of customization (monster cards that can be slotted into characters for example for extra skills/bonuses) or give us different various paths to take....or perhaps some kind of meaningful endgame.

It's the first mobile game that has gotten me hooked and while I see the praise for games like P&D and Monster Strike I can't be bothered to try them due to the artstyle.

I'm rather curious how well the pvp is going to work and how they'll solve stuff like just turtling up in a corner.

Hige

PAD has some great character art; I don't know what you guys are talking about. Monster Strike on the other hand...

I'm saving my 7 energy in case I'll need to splurge on stamina refills to get the damn Caladbolg. Then again, judging by how things are progressing, I could probably get another chance next weekend.

Visceir

I'm saving my 7 energy in case I'll need to splurge on stamina refills to get the damn Caladbolg. Then again, judging by how things are progressing, I could probably get another chance next weekend.

Never-ever spend energy on stamina refills or continues.

unless you're a whale

Never-ever spend energy on stamina refills or continues.

unless you're a whale

Well, definitely don't spend it on continues. That's literally the worst possible thing you can do. Say you're doing a 10 stamina dungeon and you die at the boss. At where you are in the game, you have 50 total stamina. You spend an energy on a continue. That energy could have gotten you 50 more stamina, or 5 additional attempts at the boss. Instead you just get 1.

Soulflarz

Banned
Well, definitely don't spend it on continues. That's literally the worst possible thing you can do. Say you're doing a 10 stamina dungeon and you die at the boss. At where you are in the game, you have 50 total stamina. You spend an energy on a continue. That energy could have gotten you 50 more stamina, or 5 additional attempts at the boss. Instead you just get 1.

This. Orrrr 1/5th of an SS!
Or a B :/

Folstern

Six tries so far, no luck! Payback for rolling Samantha and getting Bahamut twice in 4 runs last weekend. Rngesus is a just deity.

Quickly becoming one of my favorite mobile titles. Wayward Souls still holds top spot though.

11 energies, guess what? 2 characters I already have :( I hate this game sometimes so bad >.>
The nature of these games. One of the reasons I quit PAD when it was first launched.
I just couldn't get anything decent.

Those who get S/SS every few pulls are bound to stay longer.

Visceir

I wonder whats the % of people playing who aren't even aware of SS rank characters and just merrily progress in the game with their lower rank characters.

The nature of these games. One of the reasons I quit PAD when it was first launched.

At least in this game when you get a duplicate it boosts their skill. This means they're not entirely useless, especially since maxing out a character's skill bonus removes them from the Pact of Truth.

I can imagine in the future there will be events where, for example, skillup rates are doubled for a day, or certain characters have higher rates from the Pact of Truth, and this will provide a nice mechanism to grind those guys up to 100% and ultimately increase your chances of getting other good stuff from the Pact instead.

depths20XX

Couple minor things I would like to see them do:

-Show metal zone times in game. I shouldn't have to go to a website to figure it out.
-Better way to identify who is doing what damage in battle. Just a bunch of numbers fly up and you can really only tell who's skill is activating.

Couple minor things I would like to see them do:

-Show metal zone times in game. I shouldn't have to go to a website to figure it out.
-Better way to identify who is doing what damage in battle. Just a bunch of numbers fly up and you can really only tell who's skill is activating.

Here's what I would like to see.

1) An easy way to easily see what characters are in level range for a particular metal zone. With the way each character has multiple jobs, you just know you need 6 guys in the 20-30 range, for example, but can't remember all the guys that have jobs in that range. So you have to go clicking through literally everyone to figure it out.

2) The ability for the same character in 2 different squads with a different selected job. It seems the selected job is a property of the global character, and not the squad. In other words, say you have Piz'fer. He has 3 jobs unlocked. You put him in squad 1 and select job 1. You then also put him in squad 3 and select job 2. Now when you go back to squad 1 he's job 2 again, even though you set his job for squad 3, not squad 1.

This way it becomes very easy to just make a "metal zone 2" squad, for example. You put all the guys in there who need MZ2, choose the job that's from 20-30, and leave them alone.

Lunch run of neo Bahamut, got the caladbolg. So now I need a ton of money, I guess I'm advancing plot then...

Seriously, a ton of money, samupi's 3rd job, neo bahamut, zan's second, and I think I've got another to class up as well. (Not counting lewto because I need that flame of Indra still)

linkent

omg.. this RNG shit..
after 7 tries, i finally got a drop from Neo Bahamut, but it isnt caladbolg but a fire ring...

please not another 27 tries T_T
25 stamina is really toooo expensive for limited timed event..

depths20XX

This way it becomes very easy to just make a "metal zone 2" squad, for example. You put all the guys in there who need MZ2, choose the job that's from 20-30, and leave them alone.

Yes, I don't like how changing the job changes it universally for all squads.

Also would be nice to be able to just swap members at the pre-battle screen instead of just choosing a squad. I did just find out it lets you change jobs at the pre-battle screen, though.

GeoGonzo

omg.. this RNG shit..
after 7 tries, i finally got a drop from Neo Bahamut, but it isnt caladbolg but a fire ring...

Funny, I just had almost exactly the same experience and also on the seventh try. I was coming to rant about it but you beat me to it. Nice trolling, Bahamut.

zulux21

omg.. this RNG shit..

bahamut only has today to give me the drop... the weekend I am busy and what time I have will be dedicated to coin creeps....

I figure his material will eventually be a non even thing, and I have a better fire mage then him so I am not going to grind forever to get it...

so far i am just 0-2

GeoGonzo

10-10 is one hell of a difficulty spike! That speed up ability is just mean. Lowers playability by a whole lot.
It is literally one of the easiest bosses in the game if you know a little "cheat"
if you hit it with lightning it will be paralized and skip turn

Pulled Alika and Djugan this morning. Alika seems pretty good.

Alika is awesome. Great archer if you need one. Her skills activate very regularly for me, and they are elemental as well.

Also I am super lucky I got both bahamut event drops on the second try. Which, is much needed after the shade the Cryptarch was throwing at me in Destiny.

zulux21

I got both bahamut event drops on the second try..

4f4db05334.jpg
>.>

For the love of... Terra Battle is not a Puzzle and Dragons clone.

Nikokuno

1 repeat and another sword user
I HAVE ZUZU STOP GIVING ME SWORDS

I feel a bit better (honestly I'm fucking good) cause I just drop the king of dragon that a don't get in the first event so ... I'm even with my luck in this game I guess :p

If you don't want to sling mud why are you here? It is like saying, I am not trying to be racist then proceed to say something racist. The preceding comment doesn't negate the the latter comment.

He's a pretty decent Fire AoE caster. If you don't have another character that fills the magic caster role then I would consider getting him.
Dunno if his 2nd job is going to be worth it though, i haven't seen his abilities yet.

I'm on my 4th run now.
Hopefully karma will kick in eventually and give me a break on some drops or pulls. :/

meow

Took me like 13 tries to get Bahamut but got the caladbolg in one try! Thank goodness. I had my doubts because my highest level character is 30 so I thought I might be too underleveled. Finished the event with the following levels: 30, 28, 28, 25, 25, 22, so it's doable. Kuscah's all heal saved my butt so many times.

Then pulled Zeera with the energy gift, another status mage, which seem extremely situational but otherwise kinda useless. (Petrify and Demoralize? I don't think I've even seen anything use those yet. I'm only on Ch 10 though.) But my first S pull!

Top Bottom