• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Negator

I'm going to take a wild guess that that Solarwind ability is ridiculously strong.

I believe [Inferno] deals twice the damage of a [Fire], and [Solarwind] does three times the damage of [Fire].

All the elemental attackers follow this same formula. Same for Mega, Giga, and Tera[Sword/Spear/Bow]

Finally got Caldabolg on my 7th attempt. Went ahead and upgraded him because I already had the materials and even if there are better choices, none of them are fucking BAHAMUT.

Visceir

While all the 3rd level magic attacks deal 3x the damage they usually just hit the 3x3 area -- which might not be ideal in many cases.

I've got both A'merpact(A rank ice mage) and Piz'fer(SS rank ice mage). I already got the 3x ice magic attack on A'merpact, but I still much prefer Piz'fer magic attacks(job2 lvl 15 & job3 lvl35) as he got magic attacks that hit vertically and horizontally across the screen. Those skills, while they don't deal as much damage, are usually more useful to clear out smaller groups of enemies or deal extra damage to other pincer attacks.

A'merpact has a similar skill, but it's locked away at job1 lvl 65, dunno when I'll get around to leveling him up to that.

Guess this again shows how SS class mages are better than other rank mages.

As for Bahamut. I kept her job1 at lvl20, will probably keep job2 at lvl 35 and then level job3 up to lvl 65. With her job2 at lvl35+ she might actually be useful in my party.

The next chapter will be all ice enemies and at this point all magic damage only heals them and doesn't deal any damage so my Piz'fer and A'merpact will be useles, haha

Finally got Caldabolg on my 7th attempt. Went ahead and upgraded him because I already had the materials and even if there are better choices, none of them are fucking BAHAMUT.

i mean let's be honest, there's cool characters in game, but none of them are black dragons of lore!

EDIT: other than the allure of it, Bahamut does less damage and seems to activate less than my Daiana >:C

Mashing

Got Caldabog on my first try. Holy shit am I lucky. That was a long 10 battles and I was dreading have to do it again. My sympathies go out to the ones who have to run it multiple times.

GeoGonzo

Got Caldabog on my first try. Holy shit am I lucky. That was a long 10 battles and I was dreading have to do it again. My sympathies go out to the ones who have to run it multiple times.
Hah, congratulations!

But yeah, that line I bolded is the part that's annoying me the most now. So I get that they wanted to have a limited time event with a high stamina cost and a low drop rate... but did it really have to be 10 fights?

Anyway, nine tries no drop... that's the whole day for me. We'll see if saturday goes any better.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
How can I grind to get the required materials to level up a job. I'm on chapter 3 BTW.

How can I grind to get the required materials to level up a job. I'm on chapter 3 BTW.
After Chapter 3, the first Hunting Zone opens up.
You fight battles there for materials.

I strongly suggest you skip from farming it and play more Chapters until you unlock Hunting Zone 2 (or 3 with a strong leveled team if patient).

Drop rates are awful, and you don't need to unlock Jobs this early.

Does calabolg only drop off neo bahamut himself? It seems it's not 100% if you get an item from neo. I got AN item drop from neo but it was not caladbolg.

Negator

Pretty sure only Neo Bahamut can drop the material.

When I got my bolg, I saw him drop two items, so I was pretty relieved that I was 99% going to get that item. It happens often when you're farming boss drops.

Akahige

Same thing, I didn't think I'd be able to make it through a 2nd try, I had like zero half on the two characters I had left.

Deitus

Got Caladbolg to drop after 3 tries. Actually 4, but I got killed on my first attempt because I forgot to change out my party and I didn't have a healer (I got pretty close that time, but he took out my party members 1 at a time until I had only 1 left).

Hopefully I get a chance to run pudding time a couple times tonight and hopefully get a dark matter to drop. After that, I need to focus a lot more on pushing through the story and leveling up my team over the next week. If the first Bahamut event was level 20 and required 15 stamina, and the second event was level 35 and required 25 stamina, I fear for the requirements of the third event (level 50 and 35 stamina?). I'll definitely need to have leveled up a bunch and have a higher stamina cap by then.

putermcgee

my team of all 30s struggled a tad. As mentioned above, i wasnt above closing the game and restarting to redo a specific round. and at 25 stamina per run screw fairness.

other than that, i would prioritize the status/healer mobs first. I.e. kill the horse healers, confuse trees first before anything else. When fighting bahamut, disregard attacking him and concentrate on aggregating your characters towards your healer and killing the healer horses. one a time since they have major def/hp.

I want to say stick with your strongest physical hitters on the horses since thats guaranteed max damage, and not relying on mages doing their AOEs activating.
Thanks for the tips. I think it was my second or third try when I finally was able to get to the final round with everyone alive, and I was getting rid of the healing horses and the other dudes right away. Before that, I either didn't know what I was doing, or just making dumb mistakes like putting my characters in harm's way. It doesn't help that my team levels are 30, 23, 31, 30, 26, and 30.

I can't believe this game is getting a long and seemingly positive thread. Did I download the wrong game? It is complete crap. Feels like a freemium game that might have been considered interesting 4 years ago.. now it sits in a pile of a saturated market of crap. Want to enjoy a good fremium that recently came out? Try Faraway Kingdom.
Yeah, you downloaded the wrong game.

Deitus

Well I guess my drop rates are shot to hell in return for getting Caladbolg relatively easily. Just did 3 runs of Pudding time 2, got only 10 drops or less each time, and only rings. All I wanted was one Dark Matter.

jwhit28

Well I guess my drop rates are shot to hell in return for getting Caladbolg relatively easily. Just did 3 runs of Pudding time 2, got only 10 drops or less each time, and only rings. All I wanted was one Dark Matter.

I'm having trouble in Hunting Zone 2 as well. 7, 7, 9 the last 3 visits. Pudding Time is certainly my least favorite of the zones.

Aexact

I'm getting 10-15 from pudding time, about 6 runs today. Everyone under level 40, Notably Kem at 21 and a generic healer at 27 because my Kuscha is too high. I'm not sure about having lower leveled people but when I kicked my level 40+ people out from Hunting Zone 2, my drops improved.

... Not that it matters cause they're all still rings. *shakes fist*

Deitus

I'm getting 10-15 from pudding time, about 6 runs today. Everyone under level 40, Notably Kem at 21 and a generic healer at 27 because my Kuscha is too high. I'm not sure about having lower leveled people but when I kicked my level 40+ people out from Hunting Zone 2, my drops improved.

... Not that it matters cause they're all still rings. *shakes fist*

Well I don't even have anyone 40+ so that can't be my problem. I do have a level 17 Bahamut in my group, but I wouldn't think that would hurt my drop rates. I wouldn't really have anything worthwhile to replace it with, other than a couple of really weak recruited enemies.

GeoGonzo

11 tries, no drop. Anyone else still farming this? I think once I fully evolve bahamut I may bench him forever out of spite.

i mean let's be honest, there's cool characters in game, but none of them are black dragons of lore!

EDIT: other than the allure of it, Bahamut does less damage and seems to activate less than my Daiana >:C

Except that I think Bahamut is supposed to be a fish in the original myths...

Finally got Caladbolg after about 10 tries!

zulux21

Is the return on coin creeps also better in hunting zone 2, or should I stick with 1?
it's way better in zone two... 50% more stamania for 200% more gold on average.

11 tries, no drop. Anyone else still farming this? I think once I fully evolve bahamut I may bench him forever out of spite.

i've done 3 runs with no luck... I also screwed up a 4th run (forgot to readd my healer so didn't bother trying as there was no way I was beating the boss with no healer)

Jaruru

got the weapon to +job for Bahamut on my 6th attempt.

do we have to farm for a 2nd weapon? for its' 3rd job upgrade??

it's way better in zone two... 50% more stamania for 200% more gold on average.

i've done 3 runs with no luck... I also screwed up a 4th run (forgot to readd my healer so didn't bother trying as there was no way I was beating the boss with no healer)

I only got about 5k gold in hunting zone 2, is that normal?

Neol

got the weapon to +job for Bahamut on my 6th attempt.

do we have to farm for a 2nd weapon? for its' 3rd job upgrade??

I think there gonna add another drop weapon for the 3rd job when they release the third/final part of the event.

Jaruru

I think there gonna add another drop weapon for the 3rd job when they release the third/final part of the event.

I added Bahamut's 2nd job, then clicked on adding job again and found this. :p that's why

edit: ops, how to resize the image size? was on mobile :O ><

Ubfp0Ey.jpg

Top Bottom