• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

GeoGonzo

Ohhhh right. The image and name are similar for both items. My mistake. Good news though, don't need to farm it again with 25 sta each round

Thanks. Learn something new!
Yeah, about that... Odds of the next event costing 25 stamina or actually more are pretty high!

Anyway, back to attempt #14...

Uthred

Eleven runs on NB and no drop, wouldnt be quite so bad if he wasnt so expensive, on the other hand finally finished chapter eighteen the other day

Hige

I pulled Alika (yay, treasure hunter!) and I'm wondering how exactly that ability works, since drops are determined the moment the floor is loaded. The Famitsu wiki says that the exp and money bonus abilities (from Bonna/Zeera) give 15% more, so I wonder if Treasure Hunter is also an added 15% drop rate. Hopefully additive like the skill boosts.

Also, for what it's worth, the anti-(element) shield abilities seem to offer around 30 or 40% resistance minimum. I was fighting a boss and one of my characters took 0 damage with 60% resistance from capsules and a shield. The capsules wear off after a few turns, so I might have had 70% resistance during the attack and it wore off by the time I could check it.

I'm on chapter 23 and the elemental capsule abilities are amazing. I had 2 anti-fire capsule characters during a chapter
boss and took 0 damage because I hit 100% resistance.

Visceir

Decided to use my energies as well. Got Alika, Maralme and lots of dupes. Also did some coin pulls and got Varja

Think I'll actually bother to level up those 3 along with Zuzu job1 and Bahamut job2.

RDreamer

Game is starting to get annoying with this Bahamut stuff. I've had so many runs so far depleting my stamina on NB and got nothing. The fight takes so goddamned long for me since I'm only high 20s in level, and costs so fucking much...

Meanwhile my girlfriend has been trying for Bahamut himself almost every chance she could since that was available the first time and now and has nothing...

RNG annoyances can be fine in some games but in a game that's sooooooo goddamned slow and then has limited time shit? Yeah... No

Kyuur

I'm just ignoring the Bahamut event personally. I've played way too much P&D to not know what it will put me through.

18 is cruel.

Hopefully you can luck out and get characters with bomb disarm and/or levitation (all).

Makes it much more manageable. Otherwise, take out those eggs as fast as possible, because they will area attack you right into their bombs and wipe out a bunch of your party.

Anyone have Gugba? He is a SS character, but a lot of his good skills seem to be locked away at level 65 in each job, but he has a high Atk ceiling, an attack unlocked at lvl 65 in Job 3 that has a 10% activation but hits everything, and bomb building that makes him compelling...boy is it a chore to level him. And I have Korin (A class) at Level 35 in every job, and he is a bit of a tank with the defense buffs and self heal. Argh what to do!? Any advice? Is korin "good enough" or is the higher ceiling but slow path to level for Gugba worth it in the end?

Visceir

Game is starting to get annoying with this Bahamut stuff. I've had so many runs so far depleting my stamina on NB and got nothing. The fight takes so goddamned long for me since I'm only high 20s in level, and costs so fucking much...

Meanwhile my girlfriend has been trying for Bahamut himself almost every chance she could since that was available the first time and now and has nothing...

RNG annoyances can be fine in some games but in a game that's sooooooo goddamned slow and then has limited time shit? Yeah... No

Just skip the event this week, focus on progressing through characters and leveling up in metal zones and do it again next week. The first 2 dungeons should be available with the last one.

Well yeah, chapter 18 just has a high curve.
I thankfully have levitate all.

Anyone have bomb disarm? that becomes a bit of a lifesaver on 18-10. Not necessary, but will help a lot. Otherwise just make sure your party is leveled up to 40 or so and focus on the bomb pooping eggs first.

ldcommando

Banned
Got the stupid sword on my third try. Game is rewarding me for never giving me a ss character. Now to level up the Neo bahamut.

Deitus

Is terrabattlex broken for anyone else? Is there another metal zone schedule somewhere?

Oddly, the home page for the site appears to be down, but if you direct link to the page with the metal zone schedule, you can still get there. Try this:

http://www.terrabattlex.com/zones/metal

Anyone have bomb disarm? that becomes a bit of a lifesaver on 18-10. Not necessary, but will help a lot. Otherwise just make sure your party is leveled up to 40 or so and focus on the bomb pooping eggs first.

I've got a guy who can learn that skill, but he doesn't learn it until 35, and he literally can't do anything else until 65 (staff type so he can't even attack well). Hasn't seemed worth my effort to level him up. But I'll make a note of it when I get closer to Chapter 18, that he might come in handy.

Folstern

Anyone have Gugba? He is a SS character, but a lot of his good skills seem to be locked away at level 65 in each job, but he has a high Atk ceiling, an attack unlocked at lvl 65 in Job 3 that has a 10% activation but hits everything, and bomb building that makes him compelling...boy is it a chore to level him.
Worth it. Plus he makes for a perfect babysitter during Metal Zones. Annihilates Metal Kings with bombs.

Jaruru

Worth it. Plus he makes for a perfect babysitter during Metal Zones. Annihilates Metal Kings with bombs.

GREAT to hear that the bomb guy will help on 18-10. I have him as the starter char. was worried if levitation is required on that stage. so manageable with Gugba?

what is the bomb skill like? 1 bomb per turn?
3 bombs will be left behind your route when moving Gugba. basically if those flying papers in Metal zones try to get away = instant death for them, as well as if any of them tries to land on it

Paltros

3 bombs will be left behind your route when moving Gugba. basically if those flying papers in Metal zones try to get away = instant death for them, as well as if any of them tries to land on it
Is there a video of this? The runners always run away from you in the opposite direction, so I don't see how you can make them move into one of the bombs if they just trail 3 spaces behind you.

GREAT to hear that the bomb guy will help on 18-10. I have him as the starter char. was worried if levitation is required on that stage. so manageable with Gugba?

Well that sounds fantastic. I will continue Gugba's slow ascent and bid adieu to Korin.

Also 18-10 levitate is not needed. There are no traps, but there are two eggs that leave a long trail of bombs that is exacerbated by the boss locking on to every target's location. So disarming bombs as you move everyone is clutch. I have found that levitation does not help with bombs, though I could be wrong.

Is there a video of this? The runners always run away from you in the opposite direction, so I don't see how you can make them move into one of the bombs if they just trail 3 spaces behind you.

I think the idea is the runners take the shortest route out and you exploit that. So if the are three away from the left hand side then park your bombs right at the edge.

Edit: oops double post.

For those with Android having trouble with Bahamut RNG drops, you can try the save/load "exploit" (which they haven't fixed yet) to avoid wasting precious stamina.

So basically:
- get to Battle 9/10, then force exit the game.
- backup the file "resumedata.bin" located in android/data/(maingamefolder)/files.
- relaunch game and kill Bahamut. If no drop, quickly exit game again before stage clear.
- copy the backup "resumedata.bin" to android/data/(maingamefolder)/files.
- relaunch game, and it'll be Battle 9/10 again.
- repeat until RNG love you.

(reason you don't want to backup Battle 10/10 is because item drops are fixed once you start it)

Anyone know what the average gold gain / run is on Coin Creep 3? The one that unlocks after level 18? On zone 2 I get anywhere from 4k to 5500. Is it higher on 3?

Jaruru

Video not from me, but shows you how Gugba works. The enemies in Metals usually try to escape from the closest side when they want to quit, so you can predict their path
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-JbaQD4S-0

Well that sounds fantastic. I will continue Gugba's slow ascent and bid adieu to Korin.

Also 18-10 levitate is not needed. There are no traps, but there are two eggs that leave a long trail of bombs that is exacerbated by the boss locking on to every target's location. So disarming bombs as you move everyone is clutch. I have found that levitation does not help with bombs, though I could be wrong.

fantastic. thanks a lot :D

I got R'Zonand yesterday, leveled him up with the metal zone tickets, I giving love his AoE confuse. It's helping so much with stages with lots of mobs.

For those with Android having trouble with Bahamut RNG drops, you can try the save/load "exploit" (which they haven't fixed yet) to avoid wasting precious stamina.

So basically:
- backup the file "resumedata.bin" located in android/data/(maingamefolder)/files.
- relaunch game and kill Bahamut. If no drop, quickly exit game again before stage clear.

(reason you don't want to backup Battle 10/10 is because item drops are fixed once you start it)

I'm guessing you need a rooted phone? I've been meaning to but have been too lazy.

dramatis

Don't need a rooted phone to do it, but it's not guaranteed to be the right drop either. Got 2 Fire Rings from Bahamut in two different rounds.

Zorbane

Neo Member

So basically:

This is the first time I tried to do it and there's no files in my "files" folder?

Also it looks like www.terrabattlex.com is back up.

Am i the only one who just levels up everything i have? If i have materials to unlock a second or third job, i just do it. And when i have people that need metal zones, i also just do it. For everyone, good and bad.

So basically:

Fuck it, i'm going to do this, this game hates me. 13th run and counting. Not even getting the fire ring drop from him.

Akito

I don't think this game likes me after all, still haven't gotten Caladbolg after like 20 regular runs so I thought I'd give the save/load exploit a try. Just repeat it 10 times and I couldn't even get NB to drop a single thing, let alone Caladbolg. I'm really close to ragequit this game.

Soulflarz

Banned
I don't think this game likes me after all, still haven't gotten Caladbolg after like 20 regular runs so I thought I'd give the save/load exploit a try. Just repeat it 10 times and I couldn't even get NB to drop a single thing, let alone Caladbolg. I'm really close to ragequit this game.

N-no! Dont leave us!

linkent

I am stucked at 18-10, what level do you guys beat it?
Seems to be impossible with my lvl 40-50, the 2 missiles hit for 50% hp of both of my tanks.
While i could only do 25% of their hp in full flank.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I am stucked at 18-10, what level do you guys beat it?
Seems to be impossible with my lvl 40-50, the 2 missiles hit for 50% hp of both of my tanks.
While i could only do 25% of their hp in full flank.
Is it supporting fire thing? If so, to bypass it, you gotta beat the stone user first.

Top Bottom