• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

I am stucked at 18-10, what level do you guys beat it?
Seems to be impossible with my lvl 40-50, the 2 missiles hit for 50% hp of both of my tanks.
While i could only do 25% of their hp in full flank.

I beat it with a lower level team. I just made sure my healer was doing his job every turn. Focused on the minions first and then went for the boss. Once the boss was isolated it was easy.

Edit: you know what, i am thinking about the wrong chapter. I got this mixed up with 17-10. lol

Got this from another board.
Try to get your units in this position before the battle starts (especially the ones at the bottom to pincer the two grunts):

toSlyBX.png

Quickly kill the normal grunts, then focus fire on the Guard first (boss that creates shield) to avoid suppression fire.

Finish off the other 2 easily while dodging the laser row from that other boss.

Don't forget to quit/relaunch to restart battle if it isn't going your way.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Got this from another board.
Try to get your units in this position before the battle starts (especially the ones at the bottom to pincer the two grunts):

Quickly kill the normal grunts, then focus fire on the Guard first (boss that creates shield) to avoid suppression fire.

Finish off the other 2 easily while dodging the laser row from that other boss.

Don't forget to quit/relaunch to restart battle if it isn't going your way.
The battle doesn't start like that, does it?

"I am stucked at 18-10, what level do you guys beat it? "

I cheesed 18-10 by leaving my units in a line and using Gugba to just leave bombs in their paths for like 30 turns until the bosses killed themselves.

Soulflarz

Banned
"I am stucked at 18-10, what level do you guys beat it? "

I cheesed 18-10 by leaving my units in a line and using Gugba to just leave bombs in their paths for like 30 turns until the bosses killed themselves.

I think you won terra battle. I dont even care if my sentence doesnt make sense, you made a boss commit suicide.

linkent

Omg i beat it!!! With 3 characters left..
Got lucky with the position and have 3 power grid to kill the non boss minion fast!
Also position is really important here to avoid the laser boss and not hitting the other boss without killing supporting fire boss.. So rock boss->laser boss->flanking boss..

This map seems to have different starting position. Repeated it 3x and got 2 different sets.

Aexact

I was also getting error 101

iphone, I did
General Settings > Date and Time > Turn off [Set Automatically]
And was able to access.
Not sure if this has any other effects.

putermcgee

Finally got good enough to beat Bahamut, and now I'm about 7-8 times through without that damn material. At least with the first Bahamut, I could play a couple times and the play another quest.

By the way, did anyone try using that Famitsu code for Ethereal more than once? I mean two different codes. Does it give the skill boost?

Blu(e)

Just downloaded this tonight and it's really addictive. I ended up rerolling a few times and ended up getting Gaiga. Should I keep her? I hear she's somewhat underwhelming.

Visceir

Just downloaded this tonight and it's really addictive. I ended up rerolling a few times and ended up getting Gaiga. Should I keep her? I hear she's somewhat underwhelming.

If rerolling doesn't bother you much keep going until you get one of the SS mages (Lewto, Zerro, Piz'fer or Jennish)

Akito

So did anyone actually get Caladbolg with the save/load exploit? Cause I have a feeling that doesn't work for me since I still can't get NB to drop even a single Fire Ring. What's puzzling thoug is that the drops from other enemies do change from time to time. Can't wait for this event to be over (in one way or another) so I can move on with my life.

GeoGonzo

So did anyone actually get Caladbolg with the save/load exploit? Cause I have a feeling that doesn't work for me since I still can't get NB to drop even a single Fire Ring. What's puzzling thoug is that the drops from other enemies do change from time to time. Can't wait for this event to be over (in one way or another) so I can move on with my life.
I'm curious about this too because if it does work (if it works in iOS, more precisely) I'll certainly give it a try next week.

linkent

I gave it a try for farming rainbow tears, it definitely work, you need to "save" the data on 9/10. (Not 10/10)
Then beat both 9-10/10.. If bahamut didnt drop anything, you will restart at 9/10 and do the 2 stages again.
The drop on 9/10 wont change, but 10/10 will..

(Wish i've known this trick before doing bahamut 17x before it drop the caladbolg.. :( )

I'm curious about this too because if it does work (if it works in iOS, more precisely) I'll certainly give it a try next week.
It worked on ios, but you need ifunbox to copy the file or ifile(jailbroken phone)

Blu(e)

If rerolling doesn't bother you much keep going until you get one of the SS mages (Lewto, Zerro, Piz'fer or Jennish)
Ended up getting Camellia which has three different job weapons? I don't think I can reroll anymore, so I may just stick with her. Still figuring out the job system. So if I get her job 2 will I not be able to user her old job? If I change jobs early does that affect how that characters stats grow?

Akito

I gave it a try for farming rainbow tears, it definitely work, you need to "save" the data on 9/10. (Not 10/10)
Then beat both 9-10/10.. If bahamut didnt drop anything, you will restart at 9/10 and do the 2 stages again.
The drop on 9/10 wont change, but 10/10 will..

(Wish i've known this trick before doing bahamut 17x before it drop the caladbolg.. :( )

It worked on ios, but you need ifunbox to copy the file or ifile(jailbroken phone)
That I did, I even tried to use a save on 7-10 a few times just to make sure but nope, never a single thing in like 20 runs. During the 20 regular runs I did in prior I at least got several Fire Rings from him.

RDreamer

Feel like the abysmal rate on this bahamut shit is going to make both me and my girlfriend quit... She still hasn't got bahamut himself and has tried probably 30+ times. I can't get the job item to drop now and the stamina requirement to do it means I cant fucking play the game outside of tryingn to do this, and can't even really do this much...

If the event just existed as something you could do whenever and wasn't going away, that'd be one thing, but timed events and fucking horrible rng is just awful...

Deitus

Ended up getting Camellia which has three different job weapons? I don't think I can reroll anymore, so I may just stick with her. Still figuring out the job system. So if I get her job 2 will I not be able to user her old job? If I change jobs early does that affect how that characters stats grow?

You can switch back to old jobs at any time (outside of battle of course). Stats grow on a per job basis, so if you change to a new job, it starts at level 1 with base stats for that job. There's really nothing you can do to mess up a character.

Kouriozan

Tried the game again but then the rolls are highly RNG dependant and I get P&D flashback where I had to reroll for 8 hours straight.
And then there is rare stuff that has 1/100 chances to drop.
Ugh, I'll just give up now before wasting my time there.

Jaruru

The time manipulation boss in chapter 10 is the opposite of fun. Please tell me no more of that bullshit happens

I beat it with two healers left. Kept healing themselves every turn. Lucky the boss didn't go to corner and the healers' Ho can stand the attack. Not fun

Kitoro

Feel like the abysmal rate on this bahamut shit is going to make both me and my girlfriend quit... She still hasn't got bahamut himself and has tried probably 30+ times. I can't get the job item to drop now and the stamina requirement to do it means I cant fucking play the game outside of tryingn to do this, and can't even really do this much...

If the event just existed as something you could do whenever and wasn't going away, that'd be one thing, but timed events and fucking horrible rng is just awful...

Events like these are pretty much the only way yo goad people into spending their precious energy on stamina refills when they panic as the limited time event draws to a close.

It took me 14 runs to get my Caladbolg, and I'm very much not looking forward to the final item next week, but this is a key tactic in getting people to spend in a F2P game, so I'm ready for the frustration.

Riposte

After somewhere around 10 tries, I've decided not to care anymore. I shouldn't have cared in the first place, especially when it was driving me to get sick of the game. I think I'll try one more time today, but that's it. Then I'm probably going to take a break lol.

Akito

Well, at least you now know it works and are guaranteed a drop each time you spend stamina. It's an (exploited) improvement!
You can reload even after seeing the loot screen so I don't even really have to spend more than the initial 25 stamina, it's still a fucking tedious process though.

After somewhere around 10 tries, I've decided not to care anymore. I shouldn't have cared in the first place, especially when it was driving me to get sick of the game. I think I'll try one more time today, but that's it. Then I'm probably going to take a break lol.
I'm the same. I've devoted too much time to it. Ah well. :(

Visceir

I wonder if all the Evasive Arts buffs would stack with eachother. Would be kinda neat to have 3 characters with that skill and be pretty much untouchable to regular attacks.

It's rather bothersome when you're lacking certain things to advance a character to next job. Would much rather be leveling Alika's job3 to get treasure hunter but I'm 10 Wisdom Flowers short.

Ironically having Treasure Hunter would make getting the wisdom flowers easier, haha.

Aexact

Are Evasive arts really that useful? I have two guys with Fancy Footwork and even when they activate it, sure feels like they still get hit by physical attacks. I'd rather have more attack procs because killing stuff before they kill you is a more attractive proposition.

Visceir

Are Evasive arts really that useful? I have two guys with Fancy Footwork and even when they activate it, sure feels like they still get hit by physical attacks. I'd rather have more attack procs because killing stuff before they kill you is a more attractive proposition.

Supposedly if you stack the evasive skills then they can go off quite often. Usually those things seem to be locked away at lvl 65 so it takes time to test them.

Zuzu right now for example has enough firepower to drop any regular enemy in one hit. Me switching out one of his attack skills for evasion skill won't make much of a difference.

I also read something about a boss that is nearly impossible and you just need to hope to get lucky with evasions to survive its attacks

Man...I can't imagine having to do that Neo Bahamut run so many times and not getting the drop, especially with how long it is. It took me 4 tries to get Bahamut in the first event, so I really wasn't looking forward to having to repeat the next one. I got really lucky.

i made a promise to myself. i will not be grinding for shit.

im too old for that. this event takes too much stamina and i dont want to run out during a time where i have a lot of free time. I lucked out on my 2nd drop but i would not go beyond 1-2 tries a day if that.

Bahamut is not any better (from what i have seen) than my SS mage and the whole takes 3x as much exp to level shit is also annoying.

Its nice to have but not a necessity. i won't fall pray to Freemium game RNG bullshit.

Took almost 2 weekends and somewhere around 30+ runs but I got one Bahamut. As customary in DotA, time to pronounce this game as '2ez'.

Top Bottom