• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Visceir

Wish there were more long fights like 20-1. It's a 20 consecutive battles with the 3 - 4 being boss fights. Lets you actually play the game for more than just 5 - 10 min before you have to wait for stamina again.

Or maybe just have a dungeon with like 100 or infinite levels where you could just keep on progressing further and further down and see how long you last. Should make that as one of the stretch goals for download starter.

Edit: Finally got Mantledrake from coin rolls

Negator

Wish there were more long fights like 20-1. It's a 20 consecutive battles with the 3 - 4 being boss fights. Lets you actually play the game for more than just 5 - 10 min before you have to wait for stamina again.

Or maybe just have a dungeon with like 100 or infinite levels where you could just keep on progressing further and further down and see how long you last. Should make that as one of the stretch goals for download starter.

Edit: Finally got Mantledrake from coin rolls

I'd love an endgame dungeon that is completely randomized with scaled up enemies from previous chapters. Imagine the "Oh god, these things together WHY" factor.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Finally hit a new wall with 29-10; zero elemental pressure makes this like unwinnable. Time to spend like a week trying to get some elements and train them.

I'm probably not going to get caladbolg, I can run it 3 times at full stamina before I have to wait, and I've been doing it the whole weekend. I pretty much haven't even let my stamina go to full too, so it's countless amounts of attempts. I probably can get 2 more tries at most before it closes down.

Negator

Just pulled Zuzu. After all that time raising Nakupi. Aahhhh. #Firstworldproblems

I am excited. Just looked at his abilities and had the biggest smile on my face.

Edit: What the hell. He has way too many good abilities. Curse you 4 skill slot limit!

Visceir

Just pulled Zuzu. After all that time raising Nakupi. Aahhhh. #Firstworldproblems

I am excited. Just looked at his abilities and had the biggest smile on my face.

Edit: What the hell. He has way too many good abilities. Curse you 4 skill slot limit!

Grats. Definitely one of my most valuable characters. Here is mine, currently working on getting job1 to lvl 65:
BZvNUjb.png

Welp, used all my energy and got garbage alongside a Fire type Mewtwo.

I got Sorman with my bonus energy if that comforts you

Hige

It's rather bothersome when you're lacking certain things to advance a character to next job. Would much rather be leveling Alika's job3 to get treasure hunter but I'm 10 Wisdom Flowers short.

Ironically having Treasure Hunter would make getting the wisdom flowers easier, haha.
That's why I run the daily dungeons once or twice even when I don't need the materials ASAP. It's great to be able to change jobs right away since some of the characters (especially hybrids) have a bad second job. I'm looking at you, Daiana! At least the puppet show tends to give at least 30 items, so it's not too bad.

Izayoi

Banned
Is the additional 5 free energy code no longer valid?

Re-rolling with only one free character is pretty tedious... I'm on my 6th re-roll now, still no SS........

RDreamer

Welp, Bahamut's gone and in my tons of attempts I didn't get his job item at all. Girlfriend ran the first bahamut area for the entire time the first time it was up and this time it was up. She didn't get Bahamut. She had to have played it at least 40 times.

AwShucks

Welp, Bahamut's gone and in my tons of attempts I didn't get his job item at all. Girlfriend ran the first bahamut area for the entire time the first time it was up and this time it was up. She didn't get Bahamut. She had to have played it at least 40 times.

Bummer. Took me 4 times.

I've played alot of these types of games, and I've learned that these events:

a) almost never provide top tier units
b) always have stupid drop rates
c) always return in a month or two

Sucks that you had such a bad experience, but keep this in mind if you decide to continue playing, or for when you pick up the next f2p monster collecting game.

When you have a unit whose 3 jobs have different weapon types, can you still mix the skills? Can you select job 1 as the active job (sword type), then choose weapon skills from job 2 (bow type), and be able to use both sword and bow skills during combat?

HawthorneKitty

When you have a unit whose 3 jobs have different weapon types, can you still mix the skills? Can you select job 1 as the active job (sword type), then choose weapon skills from job 2 (bow type), and be able to use both sword and bow skills during combat?
Yeah you can.

Soulflarz

Banned
But why? An SS puts you at a huge advantage. Seems a waste to not start the game with one...

Because I got an S and i kinda use him, but unlike you, I just took the energy they so kindly gave out and have actually gotten an SS from it. And im at chapter 19 compared to you having not started.

Its not worth the amount of effort youre going through, I can promise you.

Just pulled Zenzoze. B rank but he has some killer skills. 1/3 life to all enemies surrounding? Yes please! also I was in real need of a spear user.

Edit: wow, I need Zuzu in my party.

Izayoi

Banned
Because I got an S and i kinda use him, but unlike you, I just took the energy they so kindly gave out and have actually gotten an SS from it. And im at chapter 19 compared to you having not started.

Its not worth the amount of effort youre going through, I can promise you.
How long have you been playing?

Deitus

But why? An SS puts you at a huge advantage. Seems a waste to not start the game with one...

It really depends on the character. Most S and even A ranked mages would be more useful starting out than an SS Physical character (though obviously an SS mage would be incredible to start off with).

I lucked out and got an SS on my third re-roll, or so I thought. Turns out the guy I got doesn't learn an attack skill until level 35, which means he still hasn't become useful to me. Technically, he would have a stat advantage by being SS ranked, but since SS characters level significantly slower, he ends up with comparable stats to my other characters (who are higher level), and has less skills unlocked. Most of my S, A, and even B ranked characters are more useful to me than him.

The point is, there is a benefit in re-rolling to get a good starter, but don't get so hung up on getting an SS right off the bat. I'm on chapter 17, and my B ranked starting archer is close to, if not my most useful character, and my B ranked starting healer is no slouch either. Re-roll a few times if you don't get anything good, but don't waste all your time re-rolling.

It really depends on the character. Most S and even A ranked mages would be more useful starting out than an SS Physical character (though obviously an SS mage would be incredible to start off with).

I lucked out and got an SS on my third re-roll, or so I thought. Turns out the guy I got doesn't learn an attack skill until level 35, which means he still hasn't become useful to me. Technically, he would have a stat advantage by being SS ranked, but since SS characters level significantly slower, he ends up with comparable stats to my other characters (who are higher level), and has less skills unlocked. Most of my S, A, and even B ranked characters are more useful to me than him.

The point is, there is a benefit in re-rolling to get a good starter, but don't get so hung up on getting an SS right off the bat. I'm on chapter 17, and my B ranked starting archer is close to, if not my most useful character, and my B ranked starting healer is no slouch either. Re-roll a few times if you don't get anything good, but don't waste all your time re-rolling.

Unless he's getting so sick of re-rolling he's about to quit, I don't see what the big deal is. Personally I have 2 SS mages (Piz'fer and Zerro) and they're godlike. I would definitely do it again if I had to. The rate seems to be about 7-10% for getting an SS, so it's not really going to take forever.

Hige

I started with an SS character (Piz'fer) and still haven't pulled another SS in 16 rolls from all the free energy. So if you're into min-maxing, there's no reason not to start with an SS character because it's the only roll you have control over.

With that said, you can get through the game with almost anything. I saw a post on reddit where the guy was on like chapter 27 with a level 65 Sabertooth King (farmable) in his party and no SS characters because he was hoarding his energy.

Negator

When I first started, I rerolled until I got Gaiga. Not a mage but still very useful. I'd say if you're sick of rerolling, a good A (mage) or S (non-remedy) would be sufficient.

meow

The SS mages are awesome, I got a Lewto but not from the initial two rolls, during the course of playing. Otherwise I don't pay too much attention to rank. Lewto's probably my best but honestly I think my next best would be Grace, and she's B rank.

Also because of that whole column pincer, Lewto gets kinda annoying in some of the hunting zones because my level isn't high enough to completely KO the enemy, but the health goes low enough that they run away. So I have to think of THAT possibility when placing units...

HawthorneKitty

The SS mages are awesome, I got a Lewto but not from the initial two rolls, during the course of playing. Otherwise I don't pay too much attention to rank. Lewto's probably my best but honestly I think my next best would be Grace, and she's B rank.

Also because of that whole column pincer, Lewto gets kinda annoying in some of the hunting zones because my level isn't high enough to completely KO the enemy, but the health goes low enough that they run away. So I have to think of THAT possibility when placing units...
Haha, I love Grace too; I don't know why.

On the 3rd job they get a whole row attack too.

Deitus

Unless he's getting so sick of re-rolling he's about to quit, I don't see what the big deal is. Personally I have 2 SS mages (Piz'fer and Zerro) and they're godlike. I would definitely do it again if I had to. The rate seems to be about 7-10% for getting an SS, so it's not really going to take forever.

Eh, I'm not saying not to re-roll. I'm just saying that simply getting an SS rank to start doesn't necessarily mean you will have an easier time (obviously if you get an SS mage you are at a huge advantage though). So try for a good starting roll, but don't make yourself hate the game (if it comes to that) before you've even started playing it.

That may not be the case for this individual, but a lot of people have expressed frustration with having to re-roll over and over again trying for that SS, and I can see the frustration. Running through the tutorial over and over again, only to get screwed by the RNG, and have nothing to show for it. It's a bit like the people who keep fighting Bahamut and get no drop, but at least they actually get to play the game proper. To those people, I would say it's really not worth the frustration, and just settle for a good character, rather than a rare one.

Of course, with the rate that I get energy nowadays, I would love to be able to just run through the tutorial to get a do over every time I waste 5 energy and have nothing to show for it. But it's a bit different when it's the thing standing between you actually starting to play the game and enjoy it.

Einbroch

Banned
I like my team a lot, but I have zero B+ mages. I really want one, but my Velraine is absolutely wrecking. O'pari also seems super OP for a B.

But a Mage would be nice.

I get around 190k to 200k for chapter 20 for 25 stamina, so it's actually pretty efficient for your stamina, since there are no level caps like metal zones. I'm trying to farming it for animaton though and my luck is utter crap.

Neol

Hooolyyy shit. I am so screwed if I cant do that. Im at 19-6

Its nothing too bad, the first 2 boss battles can be a bit challenging if you don't know what your going into.

I get around 190k to 200k for chapter 20 for 25 stamina, so it's actually pretty efficient for your stamina, since there are no level caps like metal zones. I'm trying to farming it for animaton though and my luck is utter crap.

Yea, I can definitely see why people grind this to get to lvl 65 on chars. Might do so myself with my main team.

Finally I got the one animaton I needed and I sent Sheena straight to job 3. I got an excalibur for her job 3 before I got the 3 animaton for job 2. It took me 2 weeks just to get 3, because fuck those puddings, farming chapter 20 actually dropped it for me even though it takes 20 battles just to get 1.

Negator

Can't wait to get to chapter 20. Seems like good value for your stamina. You get a whole bunch of experience, gold, and possible rare item drops.

Kain

Stupid Bahamut event, I killed him maybe 10 times and not a single drop...

On the bright side, with the energy I got today for the login bonus I pulled a chick named Gaiga (my second SS after the old man with the lightning) who seems good. Darkness+arrows looks like a good mix at first glance.

Top Bottom