• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Arion

Decided to put some money into the game. Not because I had to but because I really want to support mistwalker. They did a great job with this game.

Visceir

I really like Evasive Arts from the limited use I've had with it. Wouldn't mind having a second character with it, so I could get the buff on both sides of the pincer attack.

Will probably just power-level the whole week to get all the neccessary Alika's skills that I want (Tempest arrows & Treasure hunter) and make her a permanent member of my party.

My SS characters are getting closer to lvl 65 as well. I want to be excited for Amina's partty revival skill, but supposedly it only works if you move from one floor/battle to the next one -- which seems to make it somewhat useless.

bon

I could not get Caladbolg. Kind of glad that event is over though, now I can start playing normally again.

Decided to put some money into the game. Not because I had to but because I really want to support mistwalker. They did a great job with this game.

I did the same ($10), I didn't get anything from it. However, my purpose for doing was to support Mistwalker more than trying to get a pull. I am actually quite happy with my team.

i spent $20 and got 4 repeats, your mileage may vary.

I'm a bit of an RNG paranoid person and have theories that character pulls might be somewhat time based.

I got the $60 for 100 Energy; Amimari was my only gold pull from that.
On the plus side it's kind of nice to know that this isn't a pay2win kind of game.

Celegus

I'm not sure if they're very good ones, but I did finally get my first two SS characters this weekend with the free energy. A spear lady named Koko and a spear guy, something "the Defender" that spits out physical capsules, which is nice. Got Bahamut on my first try this time around too, since I didn't have any luck the first go.

I wonder if they'll wait out a bit before releasing Bahamut zone 3.

Going from level 20 (zone1) to 35 (zone2) in a week is doable, but if the last one is ~50 might take a while for new players to catch up.

GeoGonzo

I wonder if they'll wait out a bit before releasing Bahamut zone 3.

Going from level 20 (zone1) to 35 (zone2) in a week is doable, but if the last one is ~50 might take a while for new players to catch up.

Who knows, maybe that exactly what they want. Maybe people invested in the event but shoved into a higher level fight leads to them spending money to level up/retry.

I also wonder if the next bahamut will have a much higher level cap. I'm average level 20's (with lots of job upgrades but still average level of 20), and I had no problem with either bahamut level. The second one took a bit longer, but I was able to outheal him for the attacks I had to tank, and moved out of the way of the attacks I did not have to take.

Alternatively, they could make the next bahamut absorb fire damage, THAT would make it much harder... (effectively taking Lewto out would seriously damper my DPS, A'merpact and Gigojago just do not stack up the ice damage yet, maybe if I can get them to lvl 35)

Visceir

Logged on my first original account and had 20 energy there waiting for me. Got an Amimari and Eileen.

Kinda tempted to play this account once in a while when the other account is out of stamina.

Currently it has:
Samatha
Eileen
Djugen
Amimari
Ka'Pori
Metupi

Could build a team made almost entirely out of waifus.

This account is at chapter 7 and most characters are lvl 20.

I suspect the next Bahamut dungeon will be about a 45 difficulty. This doesn't translate exactly to a level requirement, but it seems relatively close. So basically you'll want a party of people in the 40s somewhere. Low 40s is probably doable, but you might have trouble if you're dipping into the 30s with some of your guys.

Folstern

I suspect the next Bahamut dungeon will be about a 45 difficulty. This doesn't translate exactly to a level requirement, but it seems relatively close. So basically you'll want a party of people in the 40s somewhere. Low 40s is probably doable, but you might have trouble if you're dipping into the 30s with some of your guys.
My body/team is ready. Got Bahamut to 40/35 in his 2 jobs so far and have the materials for his third.

So I made it to the dreaded chapter 18 that I keep hearing about. I actually lost for the first time ever on 18-3, but then when I came back into with a better plan it was fairly straightforward. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but basically so far the chapter 18 levels have been more about thinking than about overpowering stuff. Which I actually think is great. At least so far through 18-3, you haven't really needed levitate, you just need to think and change your playstyle a little bit (Hint:
There's no rush
). Looking forward to 18-5

Edit: Beat 18-5. Here's the group I'm using:

tKeKbqil.jpg

I almost shit myself when I saw the last stage of 18-5, but as with the previous levels, the key is just
patience since the attack patterns are very predictable.

Hah, I should give it another try. I got demolished there early this morning so I've spent the day at metal zones.

A few tips, in order from least spoilery to most spoilery. Feel free to read as much or as little as you want.

1)
Make an effort to minimize the number of times you walk over spikes.

2 )
You should be able to beat almost every level without touching big spikes. I think only 1 level requires touching big spikes.

3)
Spend time lining your guys up for combos, doesn't matter how many moves it takes. The enemies' patterns are very predictable, and often they won't even move, they'll just keep doing 1-square lateral attacks while you position yourself.

4)
Don't move in for a kill until the enemy that you're going to pincer has his counter at 2. This way you can move one guy to one side of the pincer and another guy to the other side in two separate moves, minimizing the number of spikes you cross.

Aexact

You have three SS ranks!
Two of them are mages!

I tried 18-1 and scrapped by. Slow rolling it is ideal but the enemies won't walk on spikes on their own volition so I had to eat a whole lot of damage to get across the spike river without dying when the enemies excitedly rushed over for a welcome Lateral Slash. Don't feel comfortable going across with my current team.

... On the plus side, three of my mains are Spears so with a large enough chain, I'm one rounding enemies again. Boy, that was some trial when I was in the chapters with mostly bow users.

You have three SS ranks!
Two of them are mages!

I tried 18-1 and scrapped by. Slow rolling it is ideal but the enemies won't walk on spikes on their own volition so I had to eat a whole lot of damage to get across the spike river without dying when the enemies excitedly rushed over for a welcome Lateral Slash. Don't feel comfortable going across with my current team.

... On the plus side, three of my mains are Spears so with a large enough chain, I'm one rounding enemies again. Boy, that was some trial when I was in the chapters with mostly bow users.

Agree the SS's help. But I will just mention that my SS melee is garbage in her current form. She has no jobs unlocked and her first job is not really all that strong. Only reason she's in there at all is because everyone else I have is a bow user.

Your'e right, the enemies won't walk on spikes. Because of that I felt like 18-3 was hardest. There's a point where you HAVE to walk on big spikes, no other way around it. But you can still take your time. So I took the time to line up guys on both sides of the pincer, have my healer to be in a line with the guy who was going to walk on spikes but otherwise safe, and then when the guy's attack counter went to 2, move in for the pincer on both sides. Note that the SS mages don't even really help with this. All they help with is whittling down enemies that are far away without being close to them. A lot of the stages in chapter 18 are designed so that this won't really work because the enemies are spread out and not in a line with each other. I'm pretty certain I could have done it without them though, fwiw. Aside from the occasional requirement of walking across spikes (which I only did when I was going to be healed on the next turn), I just wasn't putting myself in a position where the enemies could hit me.

Folstern

Just beat 18-7. Each stage of 18 is as annoying as the last, and not having SS mages or Levitation makes for a painful experience.

mjc

Man FUCK the boss at 11-10. Such a load of bullshit that you're dependent on random placement near the power nodes so he doesn't grab it and wreck your team. This is the most frustrated I've been with this game yet. It doesn't require any tactics...just sheer luck.

Terra Battle X is a fansite, I think.

oh crap you're right. i didnt see the X.

but holy crap lol this is amazing.

multiple-spaces-movement-e919608579b191b8d01255e06e378ea8.jpg

this movement is insane.

it seems that the last position you held before landing on a monster cell is the one that will be the 2nd character's new position. which explains the times i went crazy and my characters seemed to jump 6 cells in the opposite direction.

IT EXPLAINS SO MUCH!

I have actually done stuff like the multiple space swaps before on accident. The reason why I think it works is because usually when you swap a character, they go to where you were but if you get stuck, then hit an open spot, your character jumps to that spot, so the character you swapped jumps back to where you were.

Soulflarz

Banned
oh crap you're right. i didnt see the X.

but holy crap lol this is amazing.

this movement is insane.

it seems that the last position you held before landing on a monster cell is the one that will be the 2nd character's new position. which explains the times i went crazy and my characters seemed to jump 6 cells in the opposite direction.

IT EXPLAINS SO MUCH!

How does this even work?!

Negator

It's a bit tricky to successfully pull off that kind of movement without the Control Time buff, but I've started to integrate that into my game.

Got a game over at 19-8. Did not expect that. Fucking confusion!

In this image:

Has anyone tested whether it will work if the unit on the bottom right is not there? Basically just moving through units with no swap. Imagine for example a solid vertical wall of units that covers the board, no way around them. Could you just teleport from one side to the other side using this?

Soulflarz

Banned
So close...I think the final boss is kinda too cheese-able?

Andd beaten. With Kuscah and Zuzu (Zuzu, did i tell you yet again just how based you are?)

Zorbane

Neo Member
In this image:

<snip/>

Has anyone tested whether it will work if the unit on the bottom right is not there? Basically just moving through units with no swap. Imagine for example a solid vertical wall of units that covers the board, no way around them. Could you just teleport from one side to the other side using this?

I tried doing that with a wall of monsters and it didn't work, it might require a legal move to get there.

In this image:

http://cdn.terrabattlex.com/assets/...movement-e919608579b191b8d01255e06e378ea8.jpg

You should be able to, it's the same theory as this image except going through more enemies:
skip-unit-movement-b7eb0ae7834f501f296ceb3236c94889.jpg

Looking at this picture again I wonder if the pill would swap, meaning we can do this with the energy pucks too?

Soulflarz

Banned
Uh...20 isnt the end of the plot. I was tricked!
(Okay seriously, the plot isnt over, why was I told it ends at 20 multiple times)

You should be able to, it's the same theory as this image except going through more enemies:
skip-unit-movement-b7eb0ae7834f501f296ceb3236c94889.jpg

Looking at this picture again I wonder if the pill would swap, meaning we can do this with the energy pucks too?

For some reason it doesn't work, I just tried it. But you're right that it does look similar to that picture. I think the key difference is in why he moves left and then right again near the end there. What's that all about?

In other news, up to 18-8 with no levitate. I honestly really enjoy this chapter. I'm glad it's getting more difficult, and not just due to overpowered enemies.

Edit: Looking at the image again, it the very first three moves (left, down, left) already does this. So maybe it's possible, but as someone else said there just has to be an open path from your entry point to your exit point. Weird.

Zorbane

Neo Member

Edit: Looking at the image again, it the very first three moves (left, down, left) already does this. So maybe it's possible, but as someone else said there just has to be an open path from your entry point to your exit point. Weird.

If you meant by what I said regarding an open path I just checked if I could walk through monsters, never tried walking through my own units. I guess it works that way.

Aexact

I run Lewto, A'merpac, Ma'curi, Koko, Samupi, Kuscah.

I just drew Sheena. I'm thinking I drop Samupi since Sheena covers sword?
Depending on where you are, Sampui might have better versatility since he covers all three weapon types. I have Sheena and honestly, all I'm using her for is Control Time+2 (which Sampui appears to have also). There's also the issue that it's going to take forever to get her third job since it's gated in Chapter 20 and I'm languishing in Chapter 18. Her best skills are at level 65 so she's not going to be noticeably more helpful then anyone else in her weapon type until late late late.

From my perspective.

Top Bottom