• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Depending on where you are, Sampui might have better versatility since he covers all three weapon types. I have Sheena and honestly, all I'm using her for is Control Time+2 (which Sampui appears to have also). There's also the issue that it's going to take forever to get her third job since it's gated in Chapter 20 and I'm languishing in Chapter 18. Her best skills are at level 65 so she's not going to be noticeably more helpful then anyone else in her weapon type until late late late.

From my perspective.
She's hot too.

I have both Sheena and Samupi at 3rd jobs. Samupi is pretty good for me most of the game that I have played so far (chapter 21, I have spent the past week farming than advancing, FUCK ANIMATONS!). Sheena being a SS levels naturally slower but she does hit harder than him. They both get 2 giga attacks but I prefer Sheena's because the Samupi gigasword (cross) doesn't necessarily hit everyone within a pincer though it is useful if he was sandwiched himself, so it is still useful but not as useful if you want to pincer a long line of people. If you want to build Sheena full offense you can fill 4 of her slots with just attack skills. I still don't have any of her jobs at 65 though so I can't tell you how much conversion rite actually heals, I have read it is like leeching blade except it hits all, I hope it is good at offhealing.

Karu

Oh my god. So glad the event is over. Somehow it totally sunk my motivation to do anything other than that stupid Neo-Bahamutevent, but with being 10 levels & 25 Stamina, I couldn't be bothered. Today it ended and I was back on track rolling through chap 11. Keep that 3rd one away from me. :-(

Aexact

Man, I'd love to have Grace. Free level 2 job and solid archer. I have Manmer, Jaguna, and S'naip and I hate them all but this means I have no bows.

Negator

Does anyone know if the 'Circle of Carnage' applies to elemental attacks? Say, would a Fire Blade attack still do more damage to an archer unit?

Paltros

Does anyone know if the 'Circle of Carnage' applies to elemental attacks? Say, would a Fire Blade attack still do more damage to an archer unit?
The physical pincer attack will count as sword damage (bonus damage to bows), but Fire Blade will only count as fire damage (bonus damage to ice).

Aexact said:
Man, I'd love to have Grace. Free level 2 job and solid archer. I have Manmer, Jaguna, and S'naip and I hate them all but this means I have no bows.
What? S'naip has the second best pincer damage in the game.

Aexact

Huh. Well, I guess whenever I reach chapter 20 or for Viscer's grinding method, I'll give him a shot, though anything that requires level 65 feels like it's an infinite distance away right now.

Thanks.

Just beat chapter 18. That last boss was exciting. I died to him once, but on my second attempt i made sure to have a power capsule up going into the round. I'm actually glad I did it with no levitate. The mechanics were designed so that if you approach it cautiously, you can do it, but without the spikes it would have been trivialized and not very interesting. Hope the upcoming chapters keep throwing new stuff at us like this.

Folstern

Beat Chapter 18. With the 1 Energy I got from the Chapter bringing me to 5 I decide to recruit and I pull... Eileen. Cman now.

Didn't play for a day and now the log in bonus has reset. Monster Strike has been stealing my attention and I'm finding it hard to get back into this.

Hastati

Man, I really hate the, uh, enhancements some of them get in their third job. I kind of almost dread getting Samantha one day.

Just remember that you can always magically switch them between jobs and thus various states of amputation! Regeneration magic in this game is for real.

I like how a decent number of them just become heads glued to floating metal chairs.

Didn't play for a day and now the log in bonus has reset. Monster Strike has been stealing my attention and I'm finding it hard to get back into this.

Heh, I'm the opposite. Started playing monster strike while stamina was down, but finding it hard to get super into it

Wallach

Heh, I'm the opposite. Started playing monster strike while stamina was down, but finding it hard to get super into it

I'm just jumping back and forth.

So far I quite enjoy this, though. It's certainly more engaging than Monster Strike.

My first draw after the tutorial was Gegonago the Space Mage. He's "only" an S hero I guess, but he's also a space mage so I wasn't about to reroll.

Do you guys recommend using coins to buy the final slot after the tutorial, or wait for an energy-cost pact? I was actually going to buy a little energy in this game and use it to fill that last slot, but I can't access the Energy Shop. Tapping the button doesn't do anything.

I'm just jumping back and forth.

So far I quite enjoy this, though. It's certainly more engaging than Monster Strike.

My first draw after the tutorial was Gegonago the Space Mage. He's "only" an S hero I guess, but he's also a space mage so I wasn't about to reroll.

Do you guys recommend using coins to buy the final slot after the tutorial, or wait for an energy-cost pact? I was actually going to buy a little energy in this game and use it to fill that last slot, but I can't access the Energy Shop. Tapping the button doesn't do anything.

You get a fair amount of energy from your first 11 days logging in, so don't be shy about spending it on a few rolls. Unlike other games where there are multiple things to spend energy on, in this game there's only 2. Rolls, and stamina refills. No box expansions, item expansions, or anything else. I've spent probably 50 energy rolling, and I still have about 30 more that are unspent.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Update happened, any idea what they changed in the metal zones? Also it looks like they added a Monday zone, anyone see it yet?

Update happened, any idea what they changed in the metal zones? Also it looks like they added a Monday zone, anyone see it yet?

I just did MZ2 to see if I could figure out what changed. I only encountered 1 runner the whole time, and I can't be certain, but i think he might have ran when i was TWO squares away from him.

Other than that I didn't notice any difference, and it may have just been my mind playing tricks on me

Edit: I'm retarded, I didn't even download the patch from app store yet.

Alucrid

Banned
This game always gives me network errors when I want to play it. Anyways, I have like..4 A swordsmen, who's the best out of Burbaba, Velraine, Korin and Ka'pori?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
This game always gives me network errors when I want to play it. Anyways, I have like..4 A swordsmen, who's the best out of Burbaba, Velraine, Korin and Ka'pori?
Definitely use Korin if you plan to use more sword dudes; his defense and frequency are pretty good stuffs.

anaron

MEGATON

Fast forward will now stick when you go on to the next quest.

Also:

0 stamina for arena metal zone, more experience for normal quests,

Hige

I hope the experience boost for normal quests isn't too drastic. I haven't touched metal zone 5 at all and the quests are still a decent challenge as of chapter 25. It's too easy to get overleveled at some points in the game.

Visceir

Did the game automatically update itself already? Wondering if I should be looking for a new apk/obb file again.

I hope the experience boost for normal quests isn't too drastic. I haven't touched metal zone 5 at all and the quests are still a decent challenge as of chapter 25. It's too easy to get overleveled at some points in the game.

Haha, at this point I kinda enjoy overleveling and blasting everything to pieces.

terrabattlex just posted an "Advanced Movement Guide". It's pretty neat the kind of tricks you can pull

http://www.terrabattlex.com/guides/advanced-movement

Was already aware of most of the moves except for the last one -- saves a lot of time. They should have just made a video version instead of pictures.

Huh. Well, I guess whenever I reach chapter 20 or for Viscer's grinding method, I'll give him a shot, though anything that requires level 65 feels like it's an infinite distance away right now.

Thanks.

Leveling is going rather fast for me now. Takes ~4 days to get a new S rank to lvl 65, would probably go even faster if I focused on just that character rather than leveling the whole party. B/A rank goes also way faster.

Some Nobody

Fuck yes. They could nerf everything else in the game and I would still take it for 2 turn monsters, that was fucking bullshit.

Yeah, after MZ 1 it felt really cheap to run into monsters who could run before you could pincer, especially when the stamina req. rose by so much.

Well, I guess that's it then, I saw 2 turn monsters still (mages) and the silver runner still had 2 turns.

This was still Metal Zone 2.
I just saw the patch notes. This makes things so much easier, holy shit. Plus, now the Metal Zone accessed through the Arena with the Metal Ticket requires 0 stamina to access. (Not that I needed it anymore, though.)

That EXP increase, too.

GeoGonzo

What about the rebalanced hunting zones, anyone noticed any change?
-edit- wait, they balanced metal zones, not hunting zones. Okay then.

Blu(e)

Did the game automatically update itself already?
After playing a story mission it gave me a notification that there was an update and a prompt that lead to the store. If that doesn't happen, check out the Play Store manually and it should have an update prompt.

Visceir

It seems a bit unfair how those with high Skill Boost gain skill boost even faster. My mage procs 3 - 4 skills every attack and is nearing 50% B while everyone else is lagging behind at 20% or less. I guess this is where the Frequency +20% skill would come handy, would make leveling up the B% go much faster.

After playing a story mission it gave me a notification there was an update. If that doesn't work, check out the Play Store and it should an update prompt.

Ah, yea I got the prompt now that there is a new version available. Guess I'll have to wait for the new apk/obb now.

Thanks

How do you update the game if you didn't install it from Play Store?

Wait for someone to upload the new apk/obb files.

Top Bottom