• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Do you guys like to keep a character for each weapon on your team?

My current team is:
Samatha
Gatz
Bahl
Kuscah
Bahamut
A'merpact/Amimari

Amimari will replace Kuscah once I get her up to level.
Right now i'm missing an archer, I have a Pahrl but she isn't really seem good for DPS.
I also want to remove Bahl since I have Gatz but Bahl just hits so hard.

The other archers I have are Metupi, Grace and O'pari.

Do you guys like to keep a character for each weapon on your team?

My current team is:
Samatha
Gatz
Bahl
Kuscah
Bahamut
A'merpact/Amimari

Amimari will replace Kuscah once I get her up to level.
Right now i'm missing an archer, I have a Pahrl but she isn't really seem good for DPS.
I also want to remove Bahl since I have Gatz but Bahl just hits so hard.

The other archers I have are Metupi, Grace and O'pari.

I look at the stats of the dungeon I'm about to go in and try to max out on whatever weapon type is strong against the dungeon I'm going into.

Izayoi

Banned
Well at first I thought you were just trying for an SS character, but now it has to be a mage also? The only mages that are actually even overpowered are the SS ones since they have full row / full column attacks. The others are only a slight advantage over physical characters, and in some situations they are a distinct disadvantage since weapon bonuses are themselves quite strong. SS characters themselves are estimated to be about a 7% pull rate, and only 4 out of the 18 SS characters are mages. So if that's what you're limiting yourself to, then you're looking at about a (7%) x (4/18) = 1.5% chance to get an SS mage.

There's only 2 S mages that I'm aware of (Pupropu and Puprope), and 1 A mage (A'merpact), so yea. Good luck.
It doesn't have to be a mage, I'm saying that I would settle for a non-SS mage...

The RNG and I have a long and storied history. Let's just say that I typically don't get involved when I can feel that it's getting ready to fuck me. It definitely feels like I'm going to get fucked playing this game...

Would like to know this too since i have Pupropé (30%) and Gegonago (20%) in my team, if it's additive it would be a bit too OP i guess so it's probably multiplicative.

It's additive. (If you've seen the 90% skill boost gugba videos, theres really no way you can get tremor to proc every pincer if it wasn't additive)

It doesn't have to be a mage, I'm saying that I would settle for a non-SS mage...

The RNG and I have a long and storied history. Let's just say that I typically don't get involved when I can feel that it's getting ready to fuck me. It definitely feels like I'm going to get fucked playing this game...

Eh well, suit yourself then. It's worth mentioning that any time you get a duplicate monster in this game, it boosts your Skill Bonus % by 5% (10% for SS). You can also boost your Skill Bonus % by simply using the skills though. For example, one of my SS mages is at 30% even though I only ever rolled him once. That's just from using him in combat. Once the number gets to 100%, they're removed from the Pact of Truth / Pact of Friendship so you can't pull them again.

If you're in it for the short term, this probably won't affect you as you'd never reach 100 anyway, but if you play for a while, it's not that out of the question to get some guys to 100 and remove them from the pool. You can even farm them to 100 if you're dedicated enough, since you can get all of the B guys from the 10k gold Pact, and you can farm gold.

Visceir

Don't settle for less but perhaps take breaks when it gets too much and try again. The game is good and if you do like the presentation/artstyle it's well worth it.

Having said that I've been playing my old account as well with an SS spear user as my main char and no mages -- it's still enjoyable and I'm still wrecking stuff at early chapters.

Edit: Even if you get a char that is half decent or someone like Rikken/Samatha, just keep the account information and maybe return back to it sometimes after a while. It'll probably have gathered some free energy from all the promotions.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm totally running my new team into the ground by only leveling them up through the metal zones; they get like no B%. :(

meow

Wait, Korin is actually good? I've had him for ages and never used him since I usually use Bagunar, Bahl, or Amazora. I also have Nakupi, so many sword users maaaan

Neol

Wait, Korin is actually good? I've had him for ages and never used him since I usually use Bagunar, Bahl, or Amazora. I also have Nakupi, so many sword users maaaan

You should definitely use Korin then. His a pretty good tank and his third job skill that increases the skill frequency of sword users is really good.

Unless you know you grinded out all of your characters skill boost to 100%.

I have 3 of the 4 SS mages, but I'm getting my shit wrecked at Chapter 18. So many spikes.

The mages are only ok for Chapter 18. Anyway see this post I made yesterday on some tips for getting through chapter 18 with no levitate.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=137194645&postcount=3121

I did the whole chapter with this group:

tKeKbqil.jpg

Average party level is about 45.

Soulflarz

Banned
You should definitely use Korin then. His a pretty good tank and his third job skill that increases the skill frequency of sword users is really good.

Its funny since I've ignored Korin completely.

Okay! Got my SS ice mage to rank 2 and just need his weapon/gold to get to 3. Zuzu still needs 2 ores for rank 3, and I still need 2 S/SS guys :p

meow

Man, ok, I guess I need to do a couple metal zone runs. He's still lvl 10, literally never touched him.

Neol

He's only good on teams with a lot of sword users. If your team is pretty mixed then I can see why you would not use him.

Apparently Kuscah's Control Time is a hard counter to the boss of 10-10 (the time control guy). The Control Time buff of +2 seconds is applied after the boss's reduction, so it basically completely negates his skill.

Soulflarz

Banned
Apparently Kuscah's Control Time is a hard counter to the boss of 10-10 (the time control guy). The Control Time buff of +2 seconds is applied after the boss's reduction, so it basically completely negates his skill.

This is actually really good to know! :D (not like ill redo it but still)

zulux21

so it seems like the new update completely screwed up my game... it opens to the white screen and get stuck on loading... after a second the loading shrinks but it never advances.

of course today is day 24 of my log in stuff so if I can't get this fixed in the next 24 hours I will be out 3 energy -_-

Visceir

so it seems like the new update completely screwed up my game... it opens to the white screen and get stuck on loading... after a second the loading shrinks but it never advances.

of course today is day 24 of my log in stuff so if I can't get this fixed in the next 24 hours I will be out 3 energy -_-

You can try restarting your phone. Other than the solution would be to clear the app data and start again. Hope you did the transfer data thing and set a password.

Did you write down your transfer information? If so maybe you could delete the app, re-install it, and then use your code to get your old data back.

zulux21

You can try restarting your phone. Other than the solution would be to clear the app data and start again. Hope you did the transfer data thing and set a password.

nope I don't have the transfer info (I never had plans of transfering it anywhere)... even then I already made a new partition on my tablet and reinstalled the game there and it's still not working... it seems in general they did something that completely screwed up the compatibility with my tablet.

anaron

Not that the story is anything special but I do kinda love how it actually does step it up with
Palpa's arrival.

So this new patch actually made it so you can go diagonally without all the magic tricks. When I move my guy diagonally into a monster, his portrait actually goes a little bit into the portrait of the monster. If I have this situation:

Code:
X .|
A B|

where A and B are my guys, and X is an enemy, and I move A into X, A's icon goes halfway into X's icon and then I can just move him out into the empty space don't even need to swap.

Try it, you can literally move your guys into other monsters.

Hige

So this new patch actually made it so you can go diagonally without all the magic tricks.
I was doing that before the latest patch, unless I'm misunderstanding something. It's in the "advanced moves" guide that was posted the other day before the patch.

zulux21

so i managed to fix my terra battle...
it seems that i needed a new obb even though I am using the official release from google play...

the one found on the terra battle update thread on reddit is number 20... the one on my game was 17... once I put 20 in the folder (without removing 17) the game worked like it should.... so if anyone has this issue try that.

Soulflarz

Banned
Yessss
FINALLY
got a 6th oricalcum
Zuzu can be rank 3 in 7000 gold.
Pizfer (sp?) is rank 2 lvl 1, gonna get him to a 35 for the skills then grab his weapon for rank 3

Soo will these 2 be able to drag me through 21-end? Zuzus my only usable person at this point. (Besides Neo Bahamut but hes severely underleveled due to slow XP)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yessss
FINALLY
got a 6th oricalcum
Zuzu can be rank 3 in 7000 gold.
Pizfer (sp?) is rank 2 lvl 1, gonna get him to a 35 for the skills then grab his weapon for rank 3

Soo will these 2 be able to drag me through 21-end? Zuzus my only usable person at this point. (Besides Neo Bahamut but hes severely underleveled due to slow XP)
Got any more elements?

linkent

how were they improved

Some metals start with 2 turns instead of all 1 turn.. I guess..

20-1 omggggg what a long and satisfying battle.. That 19/20 is so stupid.. Getting knock back to an unavoidable 1hit ko bomb wtf..

The boss is really easy tho, finish it with 2 characters as it is possible to totally aboud the boss dmg..

Not every metal unit runs away in 1 turn.

Some metals start with 2 turns instead of all 1 turn.. I guess..

20-1 omggggg what a long and satisfying battle.. That 19/20 is so stupid.. Getting knock back to an unavoidable 1hit ko bomb wtf..

The boss is really easy tho, finish it with 2 characters as it is possible to totally aboud the boss dmg..

ah i thought that was just a zone 3 thing

Aexact

/hyperventilates

... I beat 18-5. ccp_is_king is right, if you plot your moves carefully, only 1 or 2 people might die from being shoved into a pit of spikes and you can bait the enemies to victory. No SS mages, no levitation.

... but I did have 3 spear people including Kem so it only took one round of sitting on spikes each.

Has anyone confirmed that the Masamune comes from the boss of 14-10 (the Ancient Key)? Like you've actually gotten the drop? I've run it over 15 times today and no drop. Getting pretty depressing.

Alternatively, has anyone confirmed that the resumedata.bin save/reload trick is still working post patch?

Top Bottom