• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Wallach

Really impressed with this game so far.

Not as impressed with my squad. I almost lost on the 4-3 Sandsomething King boss. I guess for the most part I can keep the battles under control, but I feel like I am lacking in damage. I have yet to pull a mage of any rarity which doesn't help. My space mage is proving useful at least as he already has Levitate for himself at all times.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm up to Ch11. Most of my party is lvl 31, except Kuscah at 34. Was looking forwards to getting him to 35 and farming some items so he can lay off the donuts!
Keep with Kuscah, the allure of an SS is strong, but he levels way faster and gets Heal All.
I use my Amimari only because she is SS.

Visceir

I have rolled Zerro the Dark, should I keep him or reroll? Sorry if this has been asked.

Keep, one of the best characters in game.

Just rolled Amina. Should I switch to her or stick with Kuscah? I'm really sure about how valuable revives are

I got Amina around that time again. I rolled with Amina/Kuscah both in my party for a while.

I've been using Amina only now but Kuscah is more than capable to carry your party. He will also get a heal all spell that Amina doesn't.

Really impressed with this game so far.

Not as impressed with my squad. I almost lost on the 4-3 Sandsomething King boss. I guess for the most part I can keep the battles under control, but I feel like I am lacking in damage. I have yet to pull a mage of any rarity which doesn't help. My space mage is proving useful at least as he already has Levitate for himself at all times.

Your spacemage falls under the "remedy" type characters who are rather useless most of the time. There will be stages where you'll definitely need levitate but I'd switch him out for a real damage dealer for most of the time.

Neol

Thank god for this update.
I got 3 Lvl 1 SS characters I am planning to grind this week.

Ok I am going to be grinding for Animaton, does it matter what level my characters are for hunting zone 2? Or are drops affected at all by that?

From what i've seen it looks like if one of your characters is above the lvl limit of the zone it will decrease the drop rate.

Visceir

Game feels like its in slow motion with no fastforward.

From what i've seen it looks like if one of your characters is above the lvl limit of the zone it will decrease the drop rate.

Drop rate and number of drops don't really matter. I did Hunting Zone 2 once with all characters above lvl 40+ and got 16 item drops, all of them were rings though.

I don't think anyone has done enough testing, but the game recommends you to not be above lvl 40 and I'd follow that recommendation (if you want the rare ores that is)

Neol

Drop rate and number of drops don't really matter. I did Hunting Zone 2 once with all characters above lvl 40+ and got 16 item drops, all of them were rings though.

I don't think anyone has done enough testing, but the game recommends you to not be above lvl 40 and I'd follow that recommendation (if you want the rare ores that is)

I really wish there was a confirmation or just worked out numbers of rare drops in the different zones. I would really like to see how much of a difference, if any, there is.

Hige

Hunting zone 3 never feels worth it to me except for the coin dungeon. Rare drops feel about the same as zone 2 except you spend more stamina to get them. However, my sample size is small because I rarely run it, so maybe I've just been unlucky.

Hunting zone 3 never feels worth it to me except for the coin dungeon. Rare drops feel about the same as zone 2 except you spend more stamina to get them. However, my sample size is small because I rarely run it, so maybe I've just been unlucky.

Just ran it twice and I just ended up getting a ton of rings lol.

Akito

Got 2 animatons in like 4-5 pudding runs today, not bad, 3rd job for Jennish ahoy. Gonna need 3 more for Bahamut though I'm still not entirely sold on him, he's just a bitch to level up.

Soulflarz

Banned
On 21 and I need a 2 new S rank to replace my terrible 2 people, and I also need to get my SS ice mage to rank 2 and Zuzu to 3...but orichalcum does NOT drop for me. 3 pudding times and I got one. Need one more to rank ice mage up, then 3 more for Zuzu...ugh

GeoGonzo

A few tips, in order from least spoilery to most spoilery. Feel free to read as much or as little as you want.
Well, that helped a lot, thanks! I cleared the stage without any real trouble and I've been cruising through the rest of the chapter (ocasionally losing my archer, but I don't really need her and just want her to grab some XP).

Visceir

I've gotten more than 10 Dark Matter, Animaton, Oxsecium and Moon Tears just from running Chapter 20. Still haven't gotten enough wisdom flower drops to change Alika to job3 though, haha. Puppet show isn't that far away anymore.

Neol

Yea might just start running chapter 20 now on for rare ores with the experience and money being a great addition.

Also does anyone know how significant the increase in experience is for normal chapters? Might just grind 15-9 a lot for my low lvl chars when I can't bother waiting for metal zones to open.

Have you guys gotten any Animaton from Chapter 20? I'm closing in 16 Oxsecium and 10 Dark Matter just going through Ch 20 and the Puddings...

Just now as I read these posts, I finished a HZ3 pudding run and got 2 dark matter, 1 ori, 1 anima and 1 oxcesium.

RNG!

I've gotten that on HZ2 though. At the very least, you should consistently get 2x as many item drops when doing HZ3 as HZ2. I seem to get anywhere from 6-18 on HZ2 with the two extremes being fairly rare, and 8-20 on HZ3. Not worth 75% more stamina.

Yea might just start running chapter 20 now on for rare ores with the experience and money being a great addition.

Also does anyone know how significant the increase in experience is for normal chapters? Might just grind 15-9 a lot for my low lvl chars when I can't bother waiting for metal zones to open.

Is chapter 19 hard to get through?

I don't know the exact increase but I went from getting 180k from Chapter 20 to around 220k experience.

How long are you guys typically taking to do chapter 20? It usually takes me an hour, and quite a few minutes is spent restarting on the second last wave because my characters keep getting knocked into bombs, or worse, one of the sword enemies pincers my characters with a bomb which is somehow allowed to do ridiculous damage.

Visceir

How long are you guys typically taking to do chapter 20? It usually takes me an hour, and quite a few minutes is spent restarting on the second last wave because my characters keep getting knocked into bombs, or worse, one of the sword enemies pincers my characters with a bomb which is somehow allowed to do ridiculous damage.

15 - 20 min. I kill the archer boss that spawns bombs in one turn before it can do anything. The bombs are always insta-kill.

Have you guys gotten any Animaton from Chapter 20? I'm closing in 16 Oxsecium and 10 Dark Matter just going through Ch 20 and the Puddings...

Just got another one

Izayoi

Banned
:lol

On re-roll number 15 now... My best pull, a lone physical S-class.

If this is any indication of how the RNG will be treating me, I think that I'm just not going to play...

:lol

On re-roll number 15 now... My best pull, a lone physical S-class.

If this is any indication of how the RNG will be treating me, I think that I'm just not going to play...

Eh, suit yourself. But as people pointed out a number of times on the last page, SS and even S are not necessary to progress in the game.

Izayoi

Banned
Eh, suit yourself. But as people pointed out a number of times on the last page, SS and even S are not necessary to progress in the game.
And as they also pointed out, it's an enormous advantage. I'd even settle for an A-class mage at this point, but the best I've seen is a B...

Ryuukan

And as they also pointed out, it's an enormous advantage. I'd even settle for an A-class mage at this point, but the best I've seen is a B...

Bahamut is a great mage and you can probably get him this weekend

high rank melee chars with lots of elemental atks are best imo

Well at first I thought you were just trying for an SS character, but now it has to be a mage also? The only mages that are actually even overpowered are the SS ones since they have full row / full column attacks. The others are only a slight advantage over physical characters, and in some situations they are a distinct disadvantage since weapon bonuses are themselves quite strong. SS characters themselves are estimated to be about a 7% pull rate, and only 4 out of the 18 SS characters are mages. So if that's what you're limiting yourself to, then you're looking at about a (7%) x (4/18) = 1.5% chance to get an SS mage.

There's only 2 S mages that I'm aware of (Pupropu and Puprope), and 1 A mage (A'merpact), so yea. Good luck.

Top Bottom