• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Soulflarz

Banned
Okay Zuzu rank 3 is 39 (aka usable again :D) and Piz'fer is finally a 36...which means he gets his level 35 skill :D
in 16000 gold im gonna get Piz'fer into his 3rd rank.

Whats the best place to get gold (besides weekends) again?

Hige

If it wasn't possible to quit/resume to restart floors, I think chapter 28 would have been my breaking point. Everything from chapter 26 onwards is more annoying than fun.

If it wasn't possible to quit/resume to restart floors, I think chapter 28 would have been my breaking point. Everything from chapter 26 onwards is more annoying than fun.
Are you possibly underleveled ?
It's hardcore, but not the extreme of S/L like you're suggesting.

Hige

Probably! I'm mainly talking about 28-10, though. I had to keep retrying because I kept getting hit with the very first death roulette even when I tried different movements to change the RNG.

So I was trying some of those advance glitch movements and i ended up bumping an enemy out of the way somehow instead haha. I forgot to screencap the moment though but i'll try to recreate it sometime.

Visceir

All this talk about 28-10 has actually got me all curious. Will be done with chapter 27 tonight. Guess I can find out all about 28-10 myself tomorrow.

I feel like my team is ready enough for the challenge.

Meanwhile on the other account I've been saving up some energy. In 2 days I should have 15 energies (20 if they decide to hand out some energy for bahamut again *fingers crossed*), I better pull something decent!

Oh wait...people start with different heroes at random? So I was just lucky that I got the healer kuscah early?

Started with Bahl and Kuscah along with her. And my first energy purchase got me Ma'curi.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Oh wait...people start with different heroes at random? So I was just lucky that I got the healer kuscah early?

Started with Bahl and Kuscah along with her. And my first energy purchase got me Ma'curi.
Everyone starts with Kuscah for now; you also either get Bahl or Grace.

Visceir

Everyone gets either Bahl or Grace and Kuscah gets added to the party as a current event, so everyone gets him too. The random ones start with the energy purchases (your Ma'curi)

Earlier there was also a 5 energy promo code you could use for a second roll, but it's gone now.

Ulthwe

I've been using a tactic to maximise the kills in Hunting Zone (Wednesdays). Try to arrange your party in a 3x6 formation, with a space between each one, and next to the left or right wall:
Code:
1—2
| |
3—4
| |
5—6
Wait for enemies to attack and, in doing so, they'll get between our chars, ready to be pincered on the next turn. As you're only given 12 sec to move around, make quick movements (sttaight lines) and no swap juggling with oher chars. Don't go after enemies, if they haven't attacked just make a fast move (one step) and wait for the opportunity to come.

Here's a sample screenshot. I ended two hunting zones 2 runs with 30+ items.

DGoAI8Rl.jpg

Game Informer, PC Gamer don't count? I don't read them but I might buy an issue if they have something cool about Terra Battle
Oh god... I haven't bought a PCGamer magazine in 13 years.
An issue with a World of Warcraft preview.

Anyway, looking at all these Metal Zones fixes we got recently, they might be greasing us up for the third Bahamut. Lots of people had problems leveling for Bahamut Zone 2, so this is probably their solution. Good stuff, IMO.

anaron

now I just want the option to turn off "what's new" when logging in and for the game to save the world map placement

Negator

After I unlock Metal Zone 5, should I just grind everyone on my team to 60? I figure I should start unlocking everyone's level 65 skills as soon as possible, so getting everyone to 60 quickly would be a good idea, right?

After I unlock Metal Zone 5, should I just grind everyone on my team to 60? I figure I should start unlocking everyone's level 65 skills as soon as possible, so getting everyone to 60 quickly would be a good idea, right?

Getting a full group to 70 would also be a good idea if you plan to do serious farming of weekend coin dungeon, as it will increase your gold.

Negator

If anyone is interested in actually farming for Metal Tickets, hit up 6-4, 6-8 and 6-9. I believe 6-8 has the highest value out of exp/gold/tickets/monster drops.

If anyone is interested in actually farming for Metal Tickets, hit up 6-4, 6-8 and 6-9. I believe 6-8 has the highest value out of exp/gold/tickets/monster drops.

Uhh, you can farm metal tickets? I'm on chapter 21, literally don't think I've ever seen one drop.

Speaking of metal zones though, once you unlock chapter 20, it seems like metal zones become pretty pointless.

HawthorneKitty

awesome, via JohnTV, TB is on the cover of Famitsu this week! :)

l1wJnzK.jpg

ETA: looks like it`s the same as what the MrCravens posted but good to know regardless. :p
If I knew nothing of the game and saw that, I would definitely get into the game.
Uhh, you can farm metal tickets? I'm on chapter 21, literally don't think I've ever seen one drop.

Speaking of metal zones though, once you unlock chapter 20, it seems like metal zones become pretty pointless.
How many people does it take to get through Chapter 20?

If I knew nothing of the game and saw that, I would definitely get into the game.How many people does it take to get through Chapter 20?

Not sure what you mean. 6 people, like every other chapter.

Just to be clear though, metal zones are still necessary for lower characters, just not characters who are strong enough to beat chapter 20.

Negator

You can indeed farm for tickets. What makes this possibly better is that you are spending 7 stamina to do a 20 stamina metal zone (3) to grind up second and third jobs. I definitely wouldn't want to bring a level 30 dude to 20-1.

Edit: Beat Chapter 21 for the first time, and ended up getting the boss monster, lol. Yay free A class monsters!

HawthorneKitty

Not sure what you mean. 6 people, like every other chapter.

Just to be clear though, metal zones are still necessary for lower characters, just not characters who are strong enough to beat chapter 20.
My point is that you can easily clear metal zones with less than 6.

Visceir

I've seen a lizards version of the cover art floating around on the internet. Always cracks me up in the 'expectations vs. reality' sense, wanting waifus and only getting lizards and monsters.

My point is that you can easily clear metal zones with less than 6.

Doesn't matter. That only gives you more exp / character. You should be trying to optimize for total exp. at some point you're going to want to level those other characters and then you'll be behind. Ch 20 takes a while, but in terms of exp / stamina it's a clear win, with the added bonus that it also drops rare ores.

linkent

Saved up 25 energy.. Waiting to pull the trigger.. Hopefully it will reach 1.5m download soon for the new characters..

Stage 21 damage is crazyyyyyyy.. Way too high, 2 shots everything..
Not to mention those demoralize skill..
Anybody using grace or snaip? My grace is currently level 50/60/0
Snaip 50/0/0, wonder if i need to main snaip instead..

Gatz, Czekras, Kuskah, Pepropu, Grace, Bahamut. (Need more waifu) :(

HawthorneKitty

Doesn't matter. That only gives you more exp / character. You should be trying to optimize for total exp. at some point you're going to want to level those other characters and then you'll be behind. Ch 20 takes a while, but in terms of exp / stamina it's a clear win, with the added bonus that it also drops rare ores.
It does matter. Not everyone has the time to invest large portions of time to Chapter 20. Not everyone can steamroll through the chapter with a few key units. Deaths ruin your combo exp %, and dead units can't get B%. It's great in raising a core team, but when you're raising multiple units that lack good offensive skills (Bahamut, staff users), you will suffer in chapter 20.

It's nice to make bold statements, but think about them before making them.

Hige

^ S'naip is one of the highest damage dealers in the game. Second best, I think, after Ma'curi.

I just saw that on Terra Battle Forum today. I had no idea you could farm them!

Am I the only person that doesn't like 20-1? I know it has rare drops and a high exp/stamina ratio, but I think it takes too long so I rarely run it.

It does matter. Not everyone has the time to invest large portions of time to Chapter 20. Not everyone can steamroll through the chapter with a few key units. Deaths ruin your combo exp %, and dead units can't get B%. It's great in raising a core team, but when you're raising multiple units that lack good offensive skills (Bahamut, staff users), you will suffer in chapter 20.

It's nice to make bold statements, but think about them before making them.

There's no level cap for gaining exp there, so you can bring a few strong guys to mix with your non offensive guys. You can also close the app and restart if you get a death. You will also do pretty bad in regular metal zones without a good offense. So, i mean, do what you want, but if you value stamina efficiency first and foremost then chapter 20 is unconditionally the best place to farm (barring places post 20 that I haven't done yet)

HawthorneKitty

There's no level cap for gaining exp there, so you can bring a few strong guys to mix with your non offensive guys. You can also close the app and restart if you get a death. You will also do pretty bad in regular metal zones without a good offense. So, i mean, do what you want, but if you value stamina efficiency first and foremost then chapter 20 is unconditionally the best place to farm (barring places post 20 that I haven't done yet)
I like how you bypass the time issue. Deaths and restarting add more to your time and obviously if you have weak units, you spend even more time thinking about movement. Closing the app also wipes your B%.

Chill, you talk like this game is your life.

Visceir

Boy am I glad Tiamat was fire element. Managed to blast its hp down to zero in 2 turns, but even then got wrecked by the adds. Beat it with just 3 characters alive.

As for leveling -- definitely a fan of chapter 20, but I imagine you do need some decent high level characters to carry the rest. Always need Piz'fer in my party.

Edit: Chapter 28 cleared.
got really lucky with the death roulette and it landed on the adds every time

Aexact

I've seen a lizards version of the cover art floating around on the internet. Always cracks me up in the 'expectations vs. reality' sense, wanting waifus and only getting lizards and monsters.
Tell me about it, more then 50% of my draws are lizards. Gonna develop racism towards lizards soon argh. (they're not even good lizards)

... I opened level 20!
... Erm, I barely beat 19-10. Guess the EXP dream won't come easy.

I've only beaten a few battles in Chapter 24, but the fact that the enemies are using physical attacks again instead of the AOE elementals of the previous few chapters makes it SOOOOOOOO much easier.

KuroNeeko

awesome, via JohnTV, TB is on the cover of Famitsu this week! :)

l1wJnzK.jpg

ETA: looks like it`s the same as what the MrCravens posted but good to know regardless. :p

JohnTV's keyboard is so clean!

That shot doesn't include the 2-page art spread right inside the cover;D Here's a blurry, out-of-focus shot from my phone.

There's about 11 pages of info on the game, including a developer interview.

Hige

I unlocked Solar Wind on Daiana and the visual effects make it difficult to read the damage numbers. :( Are the other tier 3 magic spells like that?

Top Bottom