• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Neo Dark

awesome, via JohnTV, TB is on the cover of Famitsu this week! :)

l1wJnzK.jpg

ETA: looks like it`s the same as what the MrCravens posted but good to know regardless. :p

Makes you really wish we had some nice gaming magazines nowadays over here in the states.

I like how you bypass the time issue. Deaths and restarting add more to your time and obviously if you have weak units, you spend even more time thinking about movement. Closing the app also wipes your B%.

Chill, you talk like this game is your life.

Closing the app doesn't wipe your B% after the last patch. I also said stamina efficiency, not time efficiency. F2p games such has this have always been about the stamina/time tradeoff. If you want to maximize your time efficiency just gem stamina, nothing interesting or surprising there. I'm interested in how to maximize my efficiency without spending money. Crazy right?

It's funny that you tell me to chill when you were the first one to get butthurt over a simple comment about how good chapter 20 was.

Doing Ch20 runs takes way too long. It's hard to do them while trying to juggle work at the same time. :p

I do it when I have time to kill but I stick with metal zones since they're less of a commitment.

Visceir

Cruising through chapter 29. At this point the game has pretty much turned into figuring out the most efficient ways to destroy all enemies before they even get a turn. I'm not eager to find out what they are capable of and fortunately I've had the firepower to down them before they move.

At chapter 10 on the other account. Fortunately I'm well prepared for the boss with Samatha in my party.

Soulflarz

Banned
Cruising through chapter 29. At this point the game has pretty much turned into figuring out the most efficient ways to destroy all enemies before they even get a turn. I'm not eager to find out what they are capable of and fortunately I've had the firepower to down them before they move.

At chapter 10 on the other account. Fortunately I'm well prepared for the boss with Samatha in my party.

Soo its less fun towards the end? Like a lot less fun?

I can't believe I actually want to follow the story of an f2p game
Same, its weird.

linkent

21-7 boss..

W T F! I guess it is impossible with my team, cant even get 40% of his life in one turn.. Guess this is where the "level check" is and i need to get my other job and level up..

Yea that one was a pain for me as well. I ended up using two healers for that and got him down to about 40-50%, then cleared off the other enemies, let him use a turn to revive and then just wail on him for the turns he can't move with saved up power points.

So far it seems like all the future content of this game is tied to # of downloads. Not sure how crazy I am about that, they haven't updated the download numbers in a long time, makes me think downloads have slowed down significantly and we may not ever reach the 1.5m or 2m marks. Does that just mean the game will never get new characters, new story levels, etc?

Ryuukan

So far it seems like all the future content of this game is tied to # of downloads. Not sure how crazy I am about that, they haven't updated the download numbers in a long time, makes me think downloads have slowed down significantly and we may not ever reach the 1.5m or 2m marks. Does that just mean the game will never get new characters, new story levels, etc?

The download starter thing is just some bs to tell people to not expect all these features asap

There are plenty of things they've passed on it to work on

Soulflarz

Banned

Probably undecided. And yeah, it slowed to a crawl. I wish they still showed the download counter by the 10 thousands.

^Basically what Ryuukan said, I doubt its features we wont get in the end, but was prob just so they could release it a lot earlier because the game needs its money back.

Not released worldwide yet, and also they got so much to do with a small team they can't let all the milestone content show up in an instant.

Visceir

Soo its less fun towards the end? Like a lot less fun?

It's quite generous with the monster positioning and timers to give you enough time to kill most of them. I imagine it'd get rather frustrating if I had only gotten them down to like 10% health and they started to move around and deal damage.

There was one boss for example that had a 4 turns timer, I killed it before the timer ran out. In a way it kinda makes you miss out on whatever unique moves it had, but I wasn't curious enough to wait and have it take a turn.

I'd recommend to just pace yourself with them and not do them all one after another.

They should seriously consider buffing the remedy class characters as so far in the game they've seemed completely worthless to me.

I have Eileen on the other account but I'll only bother to level her just about enough to get levitation for ch 18.

They've yet to make the game available in most parts of the world. They could easily get to 2 mil if they wanted to.

So far they've yet to release the bonus characters for 2 of the stretch goals, release the co-op mode and the vs moda....and the battle animations. They're far behind as it is already anyway.

I do am rather curious about the Sakaguchi boss tho, but only because I'm hoping it'll be something seriously challenging for lvl 70 characters.

Soulflarz

Banned
Five pulls, four dupes, had to put it down and walk away

Wait youre done with Terra Battle?

And this upcoming weekend all I'm spending stamina on is coins. I'm not getting job upgrade locked by not having enough money (such as today)
Basically, I want over 100k to roll a good dozen times (I want another SS) and to get my jobs.

It's quite generous with the monster positioning and timers to give you enough time to kill most of them. I imagine it'd get rather frustrating if I had only gotten them down to like 10% health and they started to move around and deal damage.

There was one boss for example that had a 4 turns timer, I killed it before the timer ran out. In a way it kinda makes you miss out on whatever unique moves it had, but I wasn't curious enough to wait and have it take a turn.

I'd recommend to just pace yourself with them and not do them all one after another.

They should seriously consider buffing the remedy class characters as so far in the game they've seemed completely worthless to me.

I have Eileen on the other account but I'll only bother to level her just about enough to get levitation for ch 18.

That's hilarious, I actually have Eileen but i never knew she got levitate. Could have gone easy mode through Ch. 18

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Closing the app doesn't wipe your B% after the last patch. I also said stamina efficiency, not time efficiency. F2p games such has this have always been about the stamina/time tradeoff. If you want to maximize your time efficiency just gem stamina, nothing interesting or surprising there. I'm interested in how to maximize my efficiency without spending money. Crazy right?

It's funny that you tell me to chill when you were the first one to get butthurt over a simple comment about how good chapter 20 was.
I wasn't butthurt. You were just making a dumb comment how metal zones were obsolete which is just blatantly wrong.

Lol, Eileen also gets panacea so she becomes useful late game as well.

And she puts runners to sleep in metal zone 1 and 2.

Lately I haven't needed the status effects to full clear metal zones. I got lucky very early on with 2 SS mage pulls, so i ususlly try to pincer other things and kill the runners with row/column AoEs. If the runners aren't lined up, I'm sometimes able to push my character into them a few times and make them run to a position where they are lined up with a regular monster and then get them with AoEs that way. It's not always perfect, but neither is sleep/confuse/petrifying, so w/e

Either way, guess I should focus on unlocking her other 2 jobs.

Visceir

Did you do the whole thing with just those 3? Pretty beast. Best I've gotten is about 250k. Fucking frustrating though when you get multiple rounds in a row with just like 2 regular dudes on it.

Yeah. Next time around I got 2 rounds with only runners...didn't catch any of them, haha.

Dude, metal zones are obsolete; you're wasting your stamina.

Metal zones are awesome for getting left behind or new characters to lvl 40. Not sure how much of a mood I am in running ch 20 now as I only care about leveling up those 3. If I had to run a whole party I'd still go for ch 20 prob.

Akahige

Only at chapter 13 but the boss guy in chapter 12 I can't manage to beat, is he beatable or just some dude around to troll Princess Palpa?

Ryuukan

To: gaf
CC: the haters

After slaying the kraken and marilith in single attempts with clutch paralyzing blades on tentacles and other adds, the MVP award goes to:

Lord Brogunar the B rank star, High King of the Brolizards and Defender of the Brofaith

The B stands for Bro

ps keep hatin

Metal zones are still very useful imo, if you want a specific character to level through their lame low level phase. Having 50% of 150k-200k exp all onto one character is better than splitting 220k exp 6 ways if you want to level a lowbie up, then when the lowbie (usually when they get the skills I want) gets high enough, you can help your whole party. Even though on chapter 20, you are still getting similar exp except for a whole party, metal zones are where it's at for powerleveling a few units, since honestly not all characters are created equally and it's better to get someone you prefer or who is strong up to speed, than dividing up exp with a jobber (even though a lot of lower grade characters are useful).

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Welp, got through the final boss. Awesome fight, awesome music; was surprised I got through it with Zuzu dead for 40% of the fight. Can't wait for part 2 in the future.

Know what's bullshit? Pulling palpa from an energy pull. This is the fourth "free" character that I have spent energy on in the tavern. (Three bahj pulls and a palpa)

Forgot to tell you all the worst part. I pulled all four of these in a row (days apart) but consecutively.

I'd be happy with just a new character, anything but a dupe of a free/story character.

Since this game is pretty successful so far, I hope it gets as much content and support as Puzzle and Dragons, they always have new events and special battles consistently. I hope the same happens here, since we are still only basically at the beginning stages of support for the game.

meow

How's the regen ability compared to just the straight up heal? I just got Eileen's giga regen ability and wondering if she can replace Kuscah because she's got better attack stats. I'd test it out but I'm all out of stamina.

Top Bottom