• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
How's the regen ability compared to just the straight up heal? I just got Eileen's giga regen ability and wondering if she can replace Kuscah because she's got better attack stats. I'd test it out but I'm all out of stamina.
Heal is way better because of the immediacy in my opinion.

I read intimacy the first time >.>
Terra Shipping Battle

it's not that hard with some of the sexy characters in it

there's a little something for everyone
and every fetish :B

EDIT:

holy schnapps! 13-8 i got wrecked. My healer got dimensionally shifted and the mobs just dwindled me down to nothing

I guess its time to upgrade....but who!??

KqpSGgm.png

i don't know if i want to spend this 5 energy to only be met with disappointment

I kinda know what you mean, I'm at a point where I think my army is already versatile enough to handle any situation (maybe with the help of a little job changing and grinding) so I'm gonna hold off on the energy gachas for now.

The new patch has taught me how to move my characters diagonally, and it's opened up so many options. Reminds me of how I felt in Catherine whenever I learned a new technique.

Soulflarz

Banned
I kinda know what you mean, I'm at a point where I think my army is already versatile enough to handle any situation (maybe with the help of a little job changing and grinding) so I'm gonna hold off on the energy gachas for now.

The new patch has taught me how to move my characters diagonally, and it's opened up so many options. Reminds me of how I felt in Catherine whenever I learned a new technique.

Pretty sure the patch simply made it easier in addition to the visual aid >.>

Hige

holy schnapps! 13-8 i got wrecked. My healer got dimensionally shifted and the mobs just dwindled me down to nothing

Kuscah for sure. The heal all from his second job is clutch. It's great for patching up characters you can't reach with a chain. Get Eileen to her second job for levitate during chapter 18. Czekras is one of the strongest characters in the game, so keep investing in him. He's kind of strange in that he's actually stronger on his second job than his third once you have all his attack abilities unlocked due to the 4 ability slot limit.

Alucrid

Banned

you chose correctly, i just got a dupe of korin

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
The extra metal tickets from famitsu really paid off for me as i was able to get a lot of chars up to 35. My lizard waifu Sha'plar has all her jobs over 35 now and Job 3 is pretty freaking great stats-wise. Next week ill focus on getting job 3 for Alika. Gotta get dat treasure hunter.

Visceir

Did they like it?

Drew did a decent enough job showing it off. Jeff said "it's kinda cool" and seemed interested, Rorie downloaded it right after and Brad was yawning in the background. Seemed to be rather positive on it.

He had 9 energy and hadn't used them yet! :(

They also talked about Monster strike.

Drew did a decent enough job showing it off. Jeff said "it's kinda cool" and seemed interested, Rorie downloaded it right after and Brad was yawning in the background. Seemed to be rather positive on it.

He had 9 energy and hadn't used them yet! :(

They also talked about Monster strike.

I just deleted monster strike from my phone. Idk, it was really cool at first, then it started feeling really stupid after a few days. The characters didn't feel diverse enough, and the gatcha machine is even worse than terra battles.

Hige

I think I'm going to live in the coin dungeon every weekend. I estimate it'll take just under 4 months to get every monster to 100% if that's your only source of coins and you don't farm monsters from normal dungeons. Probably faster than that if you're really efficient.

linkent

Finally too tempted to spend my 25 energy.. Got 2 dupes :(
SS Amina, A amerpact, and another A spear lizardman..

How is A'merpact? Thinking of leveling him up with my job 2 Pepropu and Neo Bahamit. I could add all Amerpact jobs. Which should i level first?

it's not that hard with some of the sexy characters in it

there's a little something for everyone
and every fetish :B

EDIT:

You got Czekras and you didn't advance him? His armor is swag as fuck, you should get on that asap!

Hige

How is A'merpact? Thinking of leveling him up with my job 2 Pepropu and Neo Bahamit. I could add all Amerpact jobs. Which should i level first?
A'merpact is really strong due to his magic attack +% skills. In the short term I'd level the first job to 20 or 35, second to 35, and third to 65/70. Then go back to pick up the other attack skills afterward.

Visceir

Finally too tempted to spend my 25 energy.. Got 2 dupes :(
SS Amina, A amerpact, and another A spear lizardman..

I keep him in the final team and would only replace him for an SS mage...or perhaps bahamut later on when she has all her jobs. Does massive damage with all his skills and the +10% magic attacks

Leveled second job to 35 and then got third job to lvl 65, then second job to 65. Rather easy to level up...compared to S/SS anyway.

linkent

^ thx to both of u guys..
Will level up his level 2 to 35..
No luck with SS mage :(

Still cant get past phoenix, and really tired of farming 20-1, take too long and that level 19 has serious Bad RNG. Keep getting push to bomb and got killed.. Need to keep doing S/L trick to pass it.

Ryuukan

Amerpact cleans up, killed Tiamat in 2 turns thanks to him

Still cant get past phoenix, and really tired of farming 20-1, take too long and that level 19 has serious Bad RNG. Keep getting push to bomb and got killed.. Need to keep doing S/L trick to pass it.

Amerpact will slaughter Phoenix

I've been farming 20-1 and the safest strategy is to just kill him on the first turn on battle 19. Obviously if you have lowbies that might be hard, but he is bow and a pincer by 2 sword characters do a lot, even before you take in account skills.

I've been building a team without a full healer, I'm getting by with units that off heal like Rikken and have self sustain, like most of the characters with mega heal. It's working really well so far because it's much more offense.

Also anyone else think the -20% defense against a certain type of enemy is ridiculously strong? It makes giga attacks hit close to 2.5k-3k, I really would like to know the damage and defense formula in this game, Grace has the -20% against dragons and Samupi has it against machines.

The strategy I'm using in chapter 26 is kind of funny.
Oh, the Oxsecian king's appeared? Well I'll just line up my squad horizontally so you can just shoot your laser three times and then you'll get bored and leave.

Soulflarz

Banned
Oh, the Oxsecian king's appeared? Well I'll just line up my squad horizontally so you can just shoot your laser three times and then you'll get bored and leave.

What, this works? I mean I'm still on 21, took a two day break rather than actually grind 20 for my gold :p

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Only had to do that once; I find it easier and more fun to wipe the board before so.

Visceir

Finished Chapter 30 as well. I found Zuzu's Evasive arts chain buff to be really useful, I was constantly dodging the boss' attacks.

Final team was:
Piz'fer
A'merpact
Amina
Zuzu
Alika
Kem

Now to level up Bahamut's job1 and Alika's job3 to lvl 65.

I should also be getting the 30 day login bonus tonight.

Folstern

Started a second account and got lucky with Piz'fer for my first draw and Daiana as my second after beating Chapter 5. Good start.

First account still grinding for Chapter 21. Dat fire hurts.

Alex

I just deleted monster strike from my phone. Idk, it was really cool at first, then it started feeling really stupid after a few days. The characters didn't feel diverse enough, and the gatcha machine is even worse than terra battles.

Monster Strike is a pretty good game that could be a lot better. The core gameplay and co-op mechanics are very solid while the surrounding elements can be really awkward. Also, like a lot of it's peers it's just a tacky looking and sounding game, which is an area that Terra Battle is extremely strong in.

Anfang

Started a second account and got lucky with Piz'fer for my first draw and Daiana as my second after beating Chapter 5. Good start.

First account still grinding for Chapter 21. Dat fire hurts.

28-9 will make you sad-erer. Never gonna beat dis guy.

Zomba13

So I downloaded and started playing this after seeing Drew show it off on Giant Bomb's Unprofessional Friday and I'm really liking this. Simple but fun concept.

Visceir

Finished story mode, I really liked the story

Really? I thought it went downhill as it went on and was awful in the end.

Edit: rolled twice on my main account and got a dupe R'zonand(think this is the 5th one) and Ka'pori.

Rolled 4 times on the other account and got S'naip, Zafitte (S class remedy type with build bomb & levitate & chain frequency +20% all) and A'merpact. Kinda wish I had gotten Zafitte on my main acc.

Monster Strike is a pretty good game that could be a lot better. The core gameplay and co-op mechanics are very solid while the surrounding elements can be really awkward. Also, like a lot of it's peers it's just a tacky looking and sounding game, which is an area that Terra Battle is extremely strong in.

The gameplay of Monster Strike felt a little weak to me. It was way too luck based, very little strategy involved other than team composition. The pinball thing was a pretty unique idea, but at least for me the novelty just wore off pretty quick.

Their gatcha machine has absolutely disgustingly low rates on good units too. Maybe it's because they're really lenient on giving out free gems, but like they're having an event right now that advertises super high rates on the new monsters. What they really mean is about 60% on the one that's horrible and 1% on the one that isn't trash. You can roll 100 times in that game and not get a single useful unit, it's crazy.

linkent

^cpp

it is quite crazy shit draw on that game.
I am on 17consecutive days now and collecting the 2 gem everyday. And some free gem early during launch.

Only pulled 1 5stars. Dont feel like playing at all.

Blu(e)

I just got a Djugan a few moments ago and I'm wondering if I should swap Ma'curi for him? Ma'curi looks like he ends up doing more dmg since his atk ends up higher and even has Thousand Spears which sounds like an incredible skill. Djugan looks like he has some useful skills as well (disarm bombs, negate circle, augment circle, outflank, and evasion) but I'm not sure if he's worth the swap?

Anfang

I just got a Djugan a few moments ago and I'm wondering if I should swap Ma'curi for him? Ma'curi looks like he ends up doing more dmg since his atk ends up higher and even has Thousand Spears which sounds like an incredible skill. Djugan looks like he has some useful skills as well (disarm bombs, negate circle, augment circle, outflank, and evasion) but I'm not sure if he's worth the swap?

Macuri has the highest single target dps in the game.

desverger

Oh man, this game loves to troll me and show me I'm wrong.

When I first got salty and complained here that most of the pulls are garbage A/B tier units, I started an another account, and the game has been showering me with, what seems to be, the cream of the crop from A/B tier lol.

Only played that new account a few days and I've got Eileen, A'merpact, Daiana and now I just pulled Korin. It's crazy. I'm just missing Kem or Ma'curi, S'naip or Grace to complete a well rounded team.

I think I'm just gonna continue this one, even though my other account has a Czekras (and pretty much nothing else).

The best thing is that A units still level relatively fast, compared to SS units. So yeah, I take my words back, but I still say that the pull mechanic of this game can be pretty brutal - but I guess not worse than any comparable game.

Now a question, should I bother farming HZ1 before I go over lv19 with my units, just to get new jobs, or am I good to go as everyone on Job1 before HZ2 appears?

Hige

Just get to HZ2. You don't really need the second jobs until maybe chapter 12 or 13 from what I can remember.

Top Bottom