• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Visceir

Well now. Who would even replace him if this is true? Does it come down to wanting some utility that other spear users may have?

Ma'curi is pretty much a glass cannon while Djugen has multiple defensive skills and buffs that would also boost other spear users (negate circle, augment circle)

I imagine you could build a pretty kick-ass spear team with Kem and Djugen that would completely ignore the rock, paper, scissor dynamic of the weapons.

i love coming into this thread and reading discussion on character setups or techniques and makes me motivated to plan things out based on specific characters,

then i remember the characters you get are random and you gotta do with what you got :p

Visceir

All I've done this weekend is get money for rolls. I want something decent but nope.
(okay i want the money SS but shh)

Should have probably focused on that too. Don't care for the current coin roll SS characters, but hopefully the new ones will be available through coin pacts as well.

Thus far I've spent like 250 k on coin pacts and haven't gotten the SS characters yet (gotten mantledrake twice, sabertooth king like 5x and various other high level boss monsters)

Currently grinding a party of 4 in chapter 20 -- Piz'fer for its job1 self revival (this one actually works mid battle), Alika's job3 for treasure hunter and Bahamut's job1 for her Fire Pincer vertical column skill.

Soulflarz

Banned
i love coming into this thread and reading discussion on character setups or techniques and makes me motivated to plan things out based on specific characters,

then i remember the characters you get are random and you gotta do with what you got :p

Yep, one person could roll 4 times and be better off than you at 50. RIP.

^I might go for self revive. I want those SSes to replace my 2 B ranks lol

Paltros

I roll the coin machine 10 times anytime I have over 60k coins and today I pulled Camellia. I guess I'm happy to have another SS, but I had already been working on skill boosting my Yukken and Camellia is kind of Yukken+1 (my main team is already 5 males + Yukken :p)

cpp_is_king said:
Keep in mind that except for the 3 SSes, the only units in the Pact of Fellowship are monsters, so they only get 1 job
The 2 rank A dragonslayers and Jaguna are also in the coin machine.

Zorbane

Neo Member
I roll the coin machine 10 times anytime I have over 60k coins and today I pulled Camellia. I guess I'm happy to have another SS, but I had already been working on skill boosting my Yukken and Camellia is kind of Yukken+1 (my main team is already 5 males + Yukken :p)

The 2 rank A dragonslayers and Jaguna are also in the coin machine.

Just got Jaguna with my energy roll. Needless to say I was a bit disappointed :(

Hige

How well do status effects work outside of metal zones? I've already beaten the game without them, but someone posted earlier they used Ba'gunar's paralyze on a late-game boss's adds. I wonder if they're more useful than most people think.

Also, has anyone tried grinding 1-5 for skill boosts? Any idea how many % you get per hour? I know it caps at 0.2% per battle, I'm just wondering if anyone has really settled in and farmed skill boosts for a large amount of time. I just pulled another dupe today and it's depressing lol. Grinding everything to 100% to prevent dupes doesn't seem practical, though.

zulux21

i was grinding money for some jobs that I don't have the parts for and then I was like... this is dumb.... (I can work on getting the parts this week and if I get them grind for money next week :p) so I hit a 10 spin on the pact. Got 8 dupes, one new D class and my first hero from the money roll Maralme.

Visceir

How well do status effects work outside of metal zones? I've already beaten the game without them, but someone posted earlier they used Ba'gunar's paralyze on a late-game boss's adds. I wonder if they're more useful than most people think.

Also, has anyone tried grinding 1-5 for skill boosts? Any idea how many % you get per hour? I know it caps at 0.2% per battle, I'm just wondering if anyone has really settled in and farmed skill boosts for a large amount of time. I just pulled another dupe today and it's depressing lol. Grinding everything to 100% to prevent dupes doesn't seem practical, though.

I have no sources to confirm this but I bet different types of enemies are affected by different status effects.

I've pulled R'zonand dupes like 5x already, still got no desire to level him up.

As for grinding 1-5, I used to do it sometimes when I had left over energy at night. It'll obviously depend on how many skills you have going off. I bet my current Piz'fer could easily gain extra B% there, considering how often he procs skills but at the same time Bahamut would take a while as she sits at 0.7% and only has like 3 active skills.

i was grinding money for some jobs that I don't have the parts for and then I was like... this is dumb.... (I can work on getting the parts this week and if I get them grind for money next week :p) so I hit a 10 spin on the pact. Got 8 dupes, one new D class and my first hero from the money roll Maralme.

Should have saved the coin for job chances, you'll be mad at yourself when you do get the mats in a few days and have to wait until the weekend to advance jobs.

zulux21

Should have saved the coin for job chances, you'll be mad at yourself when you do get the mats in a few days and have to wait until the weekend to advance jobs.

I doubt I will be, money isn't all that hard to get (plus it's a great way to build skill boost :p), and if i ever manage to get the stupid item from 12-2 I will be content having the item even if I can't use it right away since when I am going for certain drops in this game if I get them with in 30 tries it's a miracle... I can't complain much though... I rarely get duplicate rolls from energy rolls, so that is a plus.

Hige

I have no sources to confirm this but I bet different types of enemies are affected by different status effects.
I suspect that, too. It seems likely because the metal zones are each susceptible to certain effects and not other ones. So trying to find out which status effects actually work on which chapters might be too daunting. It's kind of like how there are certain bosses that are suddenly much easier when you have the right element in your team, but the game doesn't really provide any hints to reach that conclusion. Just trial and error (or reading online guides).

I think I read on Terra Battle Forum when the game launched you could get like 1-2% per hour grinding skill boosts in 1-5. One percent seems a little low IMO, which is why I was asking. When I tried it in short bursts, I was getting maybe 0.1% for each character every 2 or 3 runs which takes about a minute per run. I'm at a point in the game where I can pretty much get any character leveled to have at least 3-4 active skills to make grinding easier. Melee characters need more attention when grinding because they need to be at the front of the pincers though.

Aexact

The What's New says 1.1.5 is out, all the changelog says is "minor bug fixes."
Hope it's not the stage reset thing! =(

edit: Hah! Kuscah's arm in tier 3 is fixed, he's no longer 3-armed.

I got from 39% to 46% on my mages grinding coins over the weekend. Not sure how many hours it was though.i guess it helps when your % is already high since it triggers more. If you have any characters with +frequency i guess that would help.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
The What's New says 1.1.5 is out, all the changelog says is "minor bug fixes."
Hope it's not the stage reset thing! =(

edit: Hah! Kuscah's arm in tier 3 is fixed, he's no longer 3-armed.

I noticed that as he just became available for me haha.

I hope they didnt fix any of the character switching tricks.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I looooove status effects, having the leisure to ignore an enemy for 2 turns and stop potential pincers is great.

linkent

Damn 83mb to remove Kuscah's arm.

Jk aside :p

Hopefully S/L still works.

Just got a bug where i was playing under wifi, complete a stage and move to another place without wifi.
So when I am on 3G but the game is still continuing.
Use my stamina to play a stage but the game crashed.
Lost that 20 stamina for nothing. :( cant resume that game.

Aexact

Huh. That's odd.

In a panic reaction, I force quit the game when I lost a character and reentered the game.

When I returned, I was still missing a character.
But I was at the start of the map with all the enemies in their original positions.

And I wasn't using Squad 1 that I came in with. They started me from characters from Squad 2 because I was just in the Metal Zone with Squad 2 and Squad 2 didn't have Kuscah. Attempts to restart the game again returned Squad 2 instead of the original Squad 1. Wonder if that was an attempt to fix the force restart reenter shenanigans. It was Chapter 20 so I completed a map and tried restarting but I was still left with Squad 2.
... Guess I'll be more careful about that from now on. Might have something to do with how I used the party slider on the map to change squads rather then on the menu? Dunno.

S/L still works. Drop rates on HZ3 seem higher. Just did it 3 times and got 17, 24, and 14 drops With Pudding Time. Did HZ2 twice and got 10 and 14.

ViviOggi

Game straight up doesn't launch on Galaxy Tab 3 even though it's supposed to be compatible. Multiple reinstalls and restarts changed nothing.

Was going theough my list of guys whose jobs i need to unlock, im almost done surprisingly. I still have a bunch of Bs and other crappy guys, but among all my good people, only Bahamut, Zuzu, Czekras, and Eileen are not fully unlocked to 3rd job.

Going to be time to seriously hit the metal zones soon.

Was going theough my list of guys whose jobs i need to unlock, im almost done surprisingly. I still have a bunch of Bs and other crappy guys, but among all my good people, only Bahamut, Zuzu, Czekras, and Eileen are not fully unlocked to 3rd job.

Going to be time to seriously hit the metal zones soon.

how far you taking them before 3rd job? 35 minimun both job 1 + 2?

how far you taking them before 3rd job? 35 minimun both job 1 + 2?
Definitely 35, but for the most part I just find a guy i want to level, then stick 5 other people in with him to maximize the efficiency, so my levels are all over. Alot of my first jobs are 60+ because it was my main group that i did story with. Eventually i plan to get everyone to 70 on all 3 jobs, but that's obviously a longer term goal.

Edit: Here's my entire box.

Code:
Name     Job 1  Job 2 Job 3
Czekras   33     20
Camellia  46     23     33
Zerro     41     52     31
Piz'fer   43     28     48
Zuzu      18     24
Pupropu   21
Djugan    38
Bahamut   41     30
Bonna     27
Palpa     21
Nakupi    10
Velraine  16
Ka'pori   21
Pahrl     40     1      1
Maralme   23
Burbaba   35     20     21
Metupi    34     21
A'merpact 43
Korin     50     41     57
Eileen    41
Ra'prow   11
Zenzoze   14
Jaguna    30
O'pari    28
Sorman    29
Grace     61     43     46
U'nasag   32     28
Ba'gunar  41     29     20
Kuscah    70     31     35
Bahl      58     42     21

Aexact

Is Jaguna the worst character in the game, I'm pretty sure she's the worst character in the game. I think my B class monsters outclass her.

(rolled her twice)

zulux21

Game straight up doesn't launch on Galaxy Tab 3 even though it's supposed to be compatible. Multiple reinstalls and restarts changed nothing.
if by doesn't launch are you saying it doesn't start period, or is it getting stuck on the loading screen? if it's the second I can maybe help you, if it's the first I haven't a clue how to fix it.
Is Jaguna the worst character in the game, I'm pretty sure she's the worst character in the game. I think my B class monsters outclass her.

(rolled her twice)

personally I think she looks really interesting and fun. she isn't going to be doing massive damage as she has low stats in general but she is very flexible.

(rolled her twice)

Pretty sure Jaguna is in fact one of the worst, if not the single worst characters in the game. Attack maxes out 138 on 3rd job. WTF is that shit? Every skill she has, someone else has but with higher stats.

can i just say how bad i feel for Ka'Pori?

this game shows that running around in sexy or little armor can have its consequences no matter who you are ( and probably give prosthetics fetishists some material), but i say he got it the worst of all the characters who had limbs replaced:
job1-1e620276fca863695fe1e077ebc49f5d.jpg

job3-1eb63ffca38f91500bc0f52a19d6ccbd.jpg

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I still have no idea what the hell going on with him. Why is his face a frog? Why are there two mouths? Why are there mice? How does he swing his sword with his robot dinosaur arms?

The world may never know.

In other news, this happened:
Thank you, Puppet Show. I even accidentally went in with my Pudding Time group, but they straight up murdered, so I'm satisfied.

I'm actually almost done with my material farming, too. I just need 2 animaton, 7 warped particles, 3 wish particles, 1 spirit particle, and 8 wisdom flowers. Everyone's on their second job except Kana and Zeera because they're useless to me. Everyone's leveled up to at least 35 on each job. I might have to actually advance the story soon, because I have 0 money to upgrade anyone. I just got to chapter 14.

I still have no idea what the hell going on with him. Why is his face a frog? Why are there two mouths? Why are there mice? How does he swing his sword with his robot dinosaur arms?

The world may never know.

In other news, this happened:

Thank you, Puppet Show. I even accidentally went in with my Pudding Time group, but they straight up murdered, so I'm satisfied.

I'm actually almost done with my material farming, too. I just need 2 animaton, 7 warped particles, 3 wish particles, 1 spirit particle, and 8 wisdom flowers. Everyone's on their second job except Kana and Zeera because they're useless to me. Everyone's leveled up to at least 35 on each job. I might have to actually advance the story soon, because I have 0 money to upgrade anyone. I just got to chapter 14.

im in ch 14 and i have not even accomplished 10% of what you've done.

how did this particular happen?

im noticing you are using 2 mob bosses. is this pudding 1 or 2? keeping them all within max level range?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

im noticing you are using 2 mob bosses. is this pudding 1 or 2? keeping them all within max level range?

For the Puppet Show run, just use really small and short movements. Don't bother trying to get everyone into position, just use quick swipes to move a single unit; i.e. if one of the enemies is already next to one of your guys, use the nearest character to pincer it.

Also try to include characters with area of effect attacks. Bahamut has an attack which deals damage to all nine squares around an enemy, so that was super helpful. I used the 2 mob bosses because I don't have many characters with magic attacks (they're usually a part of my Pudding Time crew, which is vs. ice/dark enemies). This was Puppet Show 2, not Pudding Time, and everyone was around 30-37.

Looks like Puppet Show to me. Very easy to get huge drop runs in Puppet. Your moves in puppet should only ever consist of moving a unit from point A to B, usually as close as possible, to get a single pincer. Straight, direct line. It helps if you have mages or other characters with large area of effect abilities so that they can kill stuff in other parts of the board. I think my best is 39 on Puppet Show 2.

Visceir

Got Alika and Piz'fer to lvl 65 today, Bahamut is lvl 63 now, just 2 levels away.

I have Pahrl (Negate & Augment circle for bows) and Manmer (Frequency +20% bow, Defense +30%, bow, Defense +20% bow, Attack +5% bow)

And the following Bow units:
Alika S/Lightning
Gigojago B/Ice
O'Pari B/fire
Metupi
Grace

Wondering if it'd be worth making an all bow team. Haven't bothered leveling any of those characters, really.

Would be more inclined to do it if I had S'naip or Gaiga

Negator

These chapters with the dark dragons are really aggrivating. My main damage dealers are shadow, so I'm doing pretty much no damage.

Top Bottom