• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Just started chapter 14, that dimensional shifting boss was whooping my butt the first time but I managed to overcome him with some luck. I really dislike the grinding RNG in this game. I have numerous rings, leafs, shells, etc (up to the 70s). I need tears, orchalium, and orsecxium but neither the Tin Zone or the Pudding Zone ever drops what I need...

Only people who have gotten second jobs are Kuscah and Grace. While my Daiana, Koko, and Lunato wait for RNG.

Hige

I think Palpa has some very niche potential in that she's a free character with Panacea. I'm leveling her on the side because I don't have any other characters with that ability. But pretty much all the other characters with Panacea (or equivalent skill, e.g. Sheena) are more useful if you already have them.

Just started chapter 14, that dimensional shifting boss was whooping my butt the first time but I managed to overcome him with some luck. I really dislike the grinding RNG in this game. I have numerous rings, leafs, shells, etc (up to the 70s). I need tears, orchalium, and orsecxium but neither the Tin Zone or the Pudding Zone ever drops what I need...

Only people who have gotten second jobs are Kuscah and Grace. While my Daiana, Koko, and Lunato wait for RNG.

I know that feeling, I got lots of lizardmen that require benevolent fangs to get their second job, but everytime I do the puppet zone I only get one or two per run. Meanwhile the drops for the other races are so easy to get.

I know that feeling, I got lots of lizardmen that require benevolent fangs to get their second job, but everytime I do the puppet zone I only get one or two per run. Meanwhile the drops for the other races are so easy to get.

Puppet time doesn't work like the other zones. Drop rate doesn't go up the higher you go, you just get different items. Do HZ1 if you want benevolent fangs.

Neol

New battles will be coming to the arena over the next few days.

http://www.terra-battle.com/en/news/2014/11/1-1mdl.html

There's also another update in the What's New section within the game itself that doesn't seem to be described on the official site.

Metal Zones 4 and 5, and an event called Gormandizer Hunt: Tears

A part of me wants that poorly done image to be the actually boss.

I'm guessing the tears event will be for farming tear items. All I can do is pray to the gods that there will be a ore farm event.

anaron

^

(after not updating for a week) it's @ 1.1 million downloads

Bearded Sakaguchi Boss confirmed and first image

ydN1afu.jpg

lmao

ETA: Ami Shibata has joined the download starter

We are very happy to announce that "Ami Shibata (Comic Artist) will join Terra Battle Download Starter".

And she supply the new characters for "Bearded Boss Sakaguchi's special quest" as 1.1 million downloads milestone's promise.

Please look forward to her unique new character(s

ViviOggi

if by doesn't launch are you saying it doesn't start period, or is it getting stuck on the loading screen? if it's the second I can maybe help you, if it's the first I haven't a clue how to fix it.
It's just showing a black screen with the game's name at the top:

Googling led me to a single thread of Galaxy users reporting the same issue and not finding a solution :/

GeoGonzo

Puppet time doesn't work like the other zones. Drop rate doesn't go up the higher you go, you just get different items. Do HZ1 if you want benevolent fangs.
*facepalm* I should have figured that out as soon as I found myself with no fangs or serenity shoot. Still, good to know!

Visceir

Just got Bahamut job1 to lvl 65 and opened up her 3 tile column fire attack, neat. Shes still rather useless at 3.8% B though, need to figure out the most optimal way to level it up to 20+

Meanwhile my Piz'fer @ lvl70, 59.9% B can carry a lvl 1 character through 15-9 by himself.

Guess I'm gonna level up Pahrl and Manmer out of curiosity to see how well the augment circle and other bow buffs synergize between eachother.... and get Grace her terabow attack.

Leveling up A grade characters should go fast.

So, when does this come out in other countries on Android? I'd like to play it but it's still not officially released in Belgium D: (and don't want to install it until it is)

Just got Bahamut job1 to lvl 65 and opened up her 3 tile column fire attack, neat. Shes still rather useless at 3.8% B though, need to figure out the most optimal way to level it up to 20+

Meanwhile my Piz'fer @ lvl70, 59.9% B can carry a lvl 1 character through 15-9 by himself.

Guess I'm gonna level up Pahrl and Manmer out of curiosity to see how well the augment circle and other bow buffs synergize between eachother.... and get Grace her terabow attack.

Leveling up A grade characters should go fast.

that still sounds so horrible to me.

trudging through bahamut's slow exp ass to open up the useful skills which are locked at high levels. almost like a novelty character at that point. and yes, bahamut gains boost hella hella slow.

Hige

Frequency +% characters really shine when you don't have a lot of skill boosts built up. I have Pupropé and Pupropu with +30% staff frequency and they stack together which is awesome. My five mage team pretty much triggers all their skills permanently and it makes it easier to get skill boosts.

Visceir

that still sounds so horrible to me.

trudging through bahamut's slow exp ass to open up the useful skills which are locked at high levels. almost like a novelty character at that point. and yes, bahamut gains boost hella hella slow.

Bahamut is the closest thing to an SS mage that you can obtain through non-IAP mehtods.

The attack skills are almost the same as an SS mage would have, just that while SS mages get a horizontal 2x power, 3 tile column pincer attack Bahamut gets a 2x power cross all attack.

I'm guessing the huge amounts of exp needed are there to balance out the fact that shes essentially a "free" good character.

Tempted to just farm her for the 1% B bonus next time the event happens. Getting 10% would already be quite good.

Frequency +% characters really shine when you don't have a lot of skill boosts built up. I have Pupropé and Pupropu with +30% staff frequency and they stack together which is awesome. My five mage team pretty much triggers all their skills permanently and it makes it easier to get skill boosts.

Yeah, I've experienced it via Kem(spears) and now Pahrl (bows)

I wonder if Zafitte's Frequency +20%, 30% chain buff stacks with those. 40% B right there~

if you have either of the Pupi brothers they get a staff+30% frequency buff.

Also bahamut job 3 gets a skill that triggers 100%

Visceir

if you have either of the Pupi brothers they get a staff+30% frequency buff.

Also bahamut job 3 gets a skill that triggers 100%

Nope, don't have any of them sadly. I think you're wrong about the 100% trigger part -- or atleast it doesn't show in the screenshot I've seen...or in terrabattlex information.

My bahamut right now is at 4.1% B. I'm sure it'll get easier as I play more and use her.

Rather than spending stamina on Metal Zones I've been just farming 6-8 for metal tickets. Get into Metal zone 2/3 for 7 stamina, not bad~

Nope, don't have any of them sadly. I think you're wrong about the 100% trigger part -- or atleast it doesn't show in the screenshot I've seen...or in terrabattlex information.

My bahamut right now is at 4.1% B. I'm sure it'll get easier as I play more and use her.

Rather than spending stamina on Metal Zones I've been just farming 6-8 for metal tickets. Get into Metal zone 2/3 for 7 stamina, not bad~

I'm referring to the Fire Damage Down 20% ability on his 3rd job. I'm pretty sure it will always trigger when there is someone adjacent to you. The 20% in this case is referring to the strength of the effect, not the proc rate.

How do you farm for metal tickets? I've never gotten a single metal ticket drop my entire time playing the game. Is there a trick to it?

Visceir

I'm referring to the Fire Damage Down 20% ability on his 3rd job. I'm pretty sure it will always trigger when there is someone adjacent to you. The 20% in this case is referring to the strength of the effect, not the proc rate.

How do you farm for metal tickets? I've never gotten a single metal ticket drop my entire time playing the game. Is there a trick to it?

Power Pyramids in chapter 6 drop the metal tickets. I seem to get one almost always from the large boss one at the end of 6-8. I'm sure Alika's Treasure Hunter skills helps with that.

Visceir

Ona could seriously exploit this with the upcoming 4 & 5 metal zone event. No stamina, easy leveling.

YLybMnQ.png

Drew talked some more about Terra Battle on the bombcast. Was really positive on it.

Ona could seriously exploit this with the upcoming 4 & 5 metal zone event. No stamina, easy leveling.

YLybMnQ.png

Drew talked some more about Terra Battle on the bombcast. Was really positive on it.

I'm getting pretty poor rates without any kind of Treasure Hunter. Went 3 in a row earlier with 0 Metal Tickets. Overall I think I'm at about 4 metal tickets after 10 runs. 4 tickets for 70 stamina is 17.5 stamina / ticket. So still better than spending 20 on MZ3 and higher, but only marginally.

So other than character art, which monster design you guys like ?

That Kraken boss near endgame is pretty damn awesome.

the bombchu thing looks interesting gameplay wise, but it unlocks at lv 65 which means you can't use em for the low level stuff :C

what level chars do you use to farm metal tickets?

the bombchu thing looks interesting gameplay wise, but it unlocks at lv 65 which means you can't use em for the low level stuff :C

what level chars do you use to farm metal tickets?

I just use the highest level stuff I have. The average is 64 I think, because that's what it tells me the difficulty is when I do HZ3.

Ulthwe

I'm on ch. 11 and 6 of my chars can add a second job, but I took a look at their new skills in terrabattlex.com and none seems worth upgrading right now:
Kuscah
Ba'gunar
Samupí
Maralme
Kapori
Daiana (I want her lvl 35 fire capsule skill first)

Any advise?

Aexact

I don't have the characters you have but I can say Kuscah's tier 2 Heal All makes me way lazier about my positioning, heh. It's pretty convenient so I'd recommend that.

Ulthwe

I don't have the characters you have but I can say Kuscah's tier 2 Heal All makes me way lazier about my positioning, heh. It's pretty convenient so I'd recommend that.
It seems the best option right now, even if it's only 30%. I'll go with him.

As you mention, positioning Kuscah takes quite some weight on the flow of battles.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I'm on ch. 11 and 6 of my chars can add a second job, but I took a look at their new skills in terrabattlex.com and none seems worth upgrading right now:
Kuscah
Ba'gunar
Samupí
Maralme
Kapori
Daiana (I want her lvl 35 fire capsule skill first)

Any advise?

Samupi's Gigabow is pretty nice, so is the stat boost he gets on job 2.

Mashing

Kuscah also get's control time +2, but that may be on his 3rd job. Kapori has very unique skills, but I'm not sure if that makes him worth it or not. I have him on his 3rd job just because I had a lot of extra mats.

I must be extremely lucky, My Purope's boost % is 33.7%. It's like she's got some kind of hidden bonus to get skill boosts or something. Kuscah's (who has a 100% heal) is not even that high and he never leaves my party.

My current time of people who I am using

Sheena 44/38/66
Yukken 35/53/70
Rikken 35/65/59
Zerro 50/35/66
Samupi 41/36/70
Grace 65/65/66

and people I'm leveling up
Bahl 37/52/35
S'naip 30/27/1 (Going to work on him after I'm Bahllin)

And for shits and giggles
Kuscah 70

I didn't advance him because I wanted to see how far I can go with just off healing and self heals, which mostly everyone I leveled high has except Samupi and Grace. The good thing is that the only thing that matters is positioning to attack, though when things get dire a power puck to proc heals usually works well enough. Sheena's conversion rite doesn't heal that much unless she hits a lot of enemies or hits someone that is weak to sword, since it seems the heal is based off her base damage.

edit: I really want Amimari (the SS beastfolk healer). Because I think with my setup I can go with offensive with slightly more healing and make it work. Mainly for her heal 1.5x skill since that would boost the sustain of the other units. Kuscah has that skill but I don't want a "full healer",

Not a big sample size, but after doing 6-8 22 times i have 8 metal tickets. So thats 22*7/8 = 19.25 stamina / metal ticket. If you're using S/L it's easily worth it. Likewise if you have treasure hunter. Not so sure if you're just clearing it regularly with no drop rate boost

made grace lv 3 just because. i dont have any other char that uses lore particles so might as well. she has served me well.
I've used her 'till end.

She's awesome, but very near end you do realize how weak B ranks are compared to any S - SS you got. Not super weak, but you do notice it.

Hige

I've used her 'till end.

She's awesome, but very near end you do realize how weak B ranks are compared to any S - SS you got. Not super weak, but you do notice it.
Not Bahl! She's a beast considering she's a free character with physical attack x1.5.

Save/load. Its where you back up your file on a round, then if you dont get a drop you want on the next round, copy the file back and restart the app
S/L was originally just force quitting the app and restarting to reset the level without backing up any files. The resumedata.bin stuff to change item drops came later.

Soulflarz

Banned
No one told me 21+ has amazing music. So far 21 is easy thanks to zuzu+pizfer combo.

Also what the heck is the song for getting new people saying. Those are words, right?

Top Bottom