• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Visceir

Not a big sample size, but after doing 6-8 22 times i have 8 metal tickets. So thats 22*7/8 = 19.25 stamina / metal ticket. If you're using S/L it's easily worth it. Likewise if you have treasure hunter. Not so sure if you're just clearing it regularly with no drop rate boost

I kept track of my last 10 runs with Treasure Hunter. Got 10 tickets.

Hige

Twice so far when I've attempted diagonals by moving through an enemy, I've moved the enemy itself. It never happened to me before the last patch. Anyone else experiencing this?

Aexact

I wish I knew more about the new Arena event that's upcoming. What the gimmick is and if it just drops Tears because I am totally on board for if it just drops Tears.

Also, rolled Sorman, who, as far as I can tell, is a carbon copy of Kuscah but trades Sleep Ward for Confusion Ward. I haven't had this level of redundancy among my characters before.

linkent

Spent my last 5 energy for B Zan -_-"

Looks fun with dual element sword(fire/ice)

But i have already main Czekras..

Tomorrowis my 30 days login, cant believe only 3 energy is given T_T

22 felt so easy after i grinded my average character to 60 for phoenix.. How do you guys level up 30+? Seems to only increase 1 level per 1 MZ for S+ characters..

Visceir

22 felt so easy after i grinded my average character to 60 for phoenix.. How do you guys level up 30+? Seems to only increase 1 level per 1 MZ for S+ characters..

MZ with 1 - 2 characters that need leveling+SS mage, preferably only when king is out until lvl 40.

After that do 15-9 with the character I need to level+SS mage, MZ when king is out or if I need to level more than one char then perhaps go for chapter 20.

But now, if the MZ 4/5 will work the same way as the 1/2/3 ones in the arena then I'll just do that with the metal tickets.

Grinding 6-8 has also allowed me to max out Arachnobot B%. Makes me kinda wish I had Negotiator/Negotiator pro so I could max out all other monsters as well.

wrowa

Yesterday I missed the log-in bonus for the first time in over 30 days. Feels kinda weird, but it's also a sign to me that I've fallen out of love with Terra Battle for now. It's a nice game with great mechanics, but I think it's missing the certain something that keeps it interesting even after a few weeks of playing.

What is my motivation to keep playing? Unlocking new Chapters? I'm not looking forward to those anymore, since it feels like later chapters are just pushing me to grind or to get a good set of characters, which would be fun in a "normal" game, but is just annoying in a game with RNG- and money-based character distribution. The special events? I was lucky with both Bahamut events, but the idea of playing through long, long fights with the real possibility of not getting anything of value out of it is the definition of "no fun". What else is there? I kinda enjoy grinding the hunting zones to get access to new jobs... But what is my motivation to unlock new jobs when the main game kind of stopped being appealing?

linkent

MZ with 1 - 2 characters that need leveling+SS mage, preferably only when king is out until lvl 40.

After that do 15-9 with the character I need to level+SS mage, MZ when king is out or if I need to level more than one char then perhaps go for chapter 20.

But now, if the MZ 4/5 will work the same way as the 1/2/3 ones in the arena then I'll just do that with the metal tickets.

Grinding 6-8 has also allowed me to max out Arachnobot B%. Makes me kinda wish I had Negotiator/Negotiator pro so I could max out all other monsters as well.

What do you mean MZ when king is out? You mean it is possible to see when i will encounter the king? :O

As for boost, isnt it 0.2%/stage? Wouldnt it take 500stages to 100%?

Yesterday I missed the log-in bonus for the first time in over 30 days. Feels kinda weird, but it's also a sign to me that I've fallen out of love with Terra Battle for now. It's a nice game with great mechanics, but I think it's missing the certain something that keeps it interesting even after a few weeks of playing.

What is my motivation to keep playing? Unlocking new Chapters? I'm not looking forward to those anymore, since it feels like later chapters are just pushing me to grind or to get a good set of characters, which would be fun in a "normal" game, but is just annoying in a game with RNG- and money-based character distribution. The special events? I was lucky with both Bahamut events, but the idea of playing through long, long fights with the real possibility of not getting anything of value out of it is the definition of "no fun". What else is there? I kinda enjoy grinding the hunting zones to get access to new jobs... But what is my motivation to unlock new jobs when the main game kind of stopped being appealing?

It does get really grindy in the end, and the event are really sloooooooooow.
The game needs more event and more frequent update.
Think they are focusing on console version.
Meanwhile, there isnt much fun mobile game like this one, and i like unlocking and leveling stuff.
So i am still not bored with this. :D would really play monster strike, if it is easier to get a team of good monster.

linkent

Arachnobot is a monsters, they get 5% each time they drop again. So you just need the original+20 more.

http://terrabattlex.com/zones/metal_zone_schedule

The last "king" column shows the times when the king is out in MZ.

ah i see, you mean by getting duplicate, thought you grind the boost through the normal chaining skill.

silly me, played this for 1 month and i didnt know king has fixed timer.
always thought it is random like hunting zone (or is that fixed too?)

ah i see, you mean by getting duplicate, thought you grind the boost through the normal chaining skill.

There are set times when the Metal King will appear, but there's also a random chance for it to appear normally.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I agree that this isn't a game that you can play for more than a few weeks. The story isn't really compelling, and I've been grinding for jobs instead (I just need 6 more wisdom flowers and 4 warped particles, and then a shit ton of money), but there's only so much of grinding I can do before I get tired. The RNG obviously doesn't help matters at all.

Soulflarz

Banned
Pretty sure everyone oozed themselves from the music in this very thread.
image.php

Andd I think I'm going to death counter wipe on 21-10

Its both. You can randomly get king in any MZ, but it's rare if it's not specifically the king MZ

Visceir

I'm not even sure what I'm grinding/leveling for as I completed the game, but its kinda enjoyable to work on my characters and do it. .

At this point I already got the means and tools to wreck everything in my path, which makes leveling/grinding quite easy.

I do wish they'd add some impossibly hard endgame content rather than catering to the lvl 20 - 30 people with new events.

I'm not even sure what I'm grinding/leveling for as I completed the game, but its kinda enjoyable to work on my characters and do it. .

At this point I already got the means and tools to wreck everything in my path, which makes leveling/grinding quite easy.

I do wish they'd add some impossibly hard endgame content rather than catering to the lvl 20 - 30 people with new events.
Game is still pretty new.
They gotta let players level up a bit.

It wouldn't surprise me if most people are still around Chapter ~15.

zulux21

I think that is even a bit to high... I would personally expect the average player to be around where I am right now which is in the middle of chapter 13, just starting to unlock some second jobs, with characters between 25-40 as I have basically been using my stamina up once a day for 31 days now (plus extra coin creep runs but I wasted all that money :p)

Given I have been working alot that is about all of the time I can allocate to the game, so I imagine any full time players even if they enjoy the game are around that level of progress.

Sure that might be where most players are, but with a game like this you make 95% of your money from the 1% hardcore playerbase. Those are the people that the game should be trying to please.

did anyone try , and succeed, in getting the gae bolg item needed for piz'fer/ckeraz weapon for their 3rd job? what level team did you use?

did anyone try , and succeed, in getting the gae bolg item needed for piz'fer/ckeraz weapon for their 3rd job? what level team did you use?

I got it for Piz'fer. I now have Czekras, need to get another one soon.

If you're using S/L, make sure you vary up your actions on the penultimate level. If you do the same thing every time, you will get the same drops every time. If you're starting over and using stamina each time, then you don't have to worry about this, just keep running it and doing whatever.

The drop rate is probably around 10% in my experience of farming items. Use whatever team you have, it doesn't matter. Higher level perhaps for easier kills.

Visceir

Got Manmer's and Pahrl's all jobs to lvl 40 and 25 metal tickets saved up. If the MZ4/5 arena dungeons take just one ticket as well then I should be able to get their job1 and job3 to lvl 60 easily with the tickets I have. Might Get Zuzu's job3 to lvl 65 too just because. He has waaay too many good skills and it's rather hard to decide which 4 extra to use :(

Doesn't neccessarely have to be a timed event. Just put in some really high level, awesome end-game content. I'm sure that would motivate people to level/play more too and keep the hardcore players busy who have already completed the story.

I got it twice in a row, didn't really even need a second one. I don't think the average level of the team matters.

Aexact

After spending 100k on tavern coin rolls...
... I'm not sure what I expected from a gacha.

At least I got a Megacell out of it, seems to be a boss monster. Ice version of Mantledrake. Anyone get anything nice from that? Like, maybe I'll just save my gold instead and upgrade the rest of my party members, I'm sitting on a respectable amount of mats.

Speaking of which, just looked it up and they're called mats short for "materials"? Huh. Guess that makes sense.

After spending 100k on tavern coin rolls...
... I'm not sure what I expected from a gacha.

At least I got a Megacell out of it, seems to be a boss monster. Ice version of Mantledrake. Anyone get anything nice from that? Like, maybe I'll just save my gold instead and upgrade the rest of my party members, I'm sitting on a respectable amount of mats.

Speaking of which, just looked it up and they're called mats short for "materials"? Huh. Guess that makes sense.

Aside from 3 SS characters, there's really only shit in the coin roll machine. If you're going to mess with the coin machine, the way to do is to farm so much gold that you completely empty the machine out of all D, C, B, and A class monsters. I read somewhere that it takes about 500-600 pulls to do this. I think I'm up to about 80-90 pulls on it. Some of my C and D monsters are getting up to like 40-50 B%, but I still have a ways to go.

Hige

I'm at around 150 coin pulls so far and haven't pulled any of the special characters. There are over 80 farmable monsters in the game, so that 500-600 pulls is more like 1600+. I estimated earlier it's a slightly under 4 month project to pull everything from coin rolls if you don't farm any monsters and the weekend dungeon is your only source of coins.

I'm at around 150 coin pulls so far and haven't pulled any of the special characters. There are over 80 farmable monsters in the game, so that 500-600 pulls is more like 1600+. I estimated earlier it's a slightly under 4 month project to pull everything from coin rolls if you don't farm any monsters and the weekend dungeon is your only source of coins.

You can only pull monsters up to where you are in the story though. So unless you've cleared chapter 30, it will be less than 80. I'm up to chapter 22, and out of all my coin pulls, i only have 45 unique monsters.

Still though, I didn't realize there were so many.

Hige

Ok, but I'm talking about overall. Anyway, I read on reddit that it's possible to pull stuff from a chapter further than where you are in the story. Maybe they were mistaken, but I don't know if there's been enough testing to confirm you can only get monsters you've already seen.

8-10 boss has dropped an item 4/5 times i killed him today. all garbage. level ranged has been varied. this is my curse for getting bahamut on the 1st try.

zulux21

Aside from 3 SS characters, there's really only shit in the coin roll machine. If you're going to mess with the coin machine, the way to do is to farm so much gold that you completely empty the machine out of all D, C, B, and A class monsters. I read somewhere that it takes about 500-600 pulls to do this. I think I'm up to about 80-90 pulls on it. Some of my C and D monsters are getting up to like 40-50 B%, but I still have a ways to go.
There are also some A people in there right now as I got one.
Sure that might be where most players are, but with a game like this you make 95% of your money from the 1% hardcore playerbase. Those are the people that the game should be trying to please.

While you do make most of your money from whales you have to first work on attracting more and more people so you can lure in the whales. You do that by early on focusing on the average player to get them to tell their friends about it hoping that their friends will contain a whale. The game has barely been out over a month, it still needs more time to build up a dedicated fan base before it worries about making content for high level players, give it a few more months and we will start seeing a lot more high level content.

Hige

I've been running 6-8 for metal tickets and got 6 in about 25 runs with treasure hunter. That's without S/L and also doing different attacks to avoid repeating the same movements. So... it's probably worth the hassle to just S/L it.

Visceir

I've been running 6-8 for metal tickets and got 6 in about 25 runs with treasure hunter. That's without S/L and also doing different attacks to avoid repeating the same movements. So... it's probably worth the hassle to just S/L it.

Would be funny if the upcoming MZ 4/5 didnt even use the tickets.

I've got 30 sitting in my inventory right now+ ~10 that I used already for leveling, dunno how many runs that is but I've been farming for 2 - 3 days now with the occasional Metal Zone run. S/L would probably make it even better, but it is seriously one of the most boring things to do ever and I can't handle it.

I'm rather curious how Treasure Hunter even works. Does it do the added bonus calculation when it loads the map already? Do you have to pincer the monsters with the character that has the skill to make it work?

Farming metal tickets has also slowly raised my character's B%, it's not much but still something. Alika is sitting at 11.2 now, Bahamut at 6.5, Piz'fer is almost at 70%...

Hige

My guess, with no evidence whatsoever, is that treasure hunter is always active and adds a set percentage amount to every possible item that can drop. The exp/money +% skills give 15% each, so TH might be 15% as well. Which isn't that much, given how often my Piz'fer does not trigger all of his skills even with 65% bonus lol.

It doesn't seem to increase the overall item cap judging from my HZ3 runs, so I think it just makes it more likely you'll be able to reach that cap. Monster and item drop rates are pretty low in general so I think it's hard to notice the difference even with TH.

Visceir

My guess, with no evidence whatsoever, is that treasure hunter is always active and adds a set percentage amount to every possible item that can drop. The exp/money +% skills give 15% each, so TH might be 15% as well. Which isn't that much, given how often my Piz'fer does not trigger all of his skills even with 65% bonus lol.

It doesn't seem to increase the overall item cap judging from my HZ3 runs, so I think it just makes it more likely you'll be able to reach that cap. Monster and item drop rates are pretty low in general so I think it's hard to notice the difference even with TH.

Now I'm wondering if B% affects it and/or if the frequency +20% skill affects it. I doubt it does, but I've been farming with Pahrl in my party and always trying to pincer with her+Alika

Hige

It shouldn't, since it's an equip skill and those are always active and can't raise your B%. My Alika is at 15% and I try to use her in pincer attacks just in case, though.

Gae bolg get! Pizfer lvl 3 baby! Only.took 4 days of grinding. Now I'm boned for a while since its 20k gold per lvl 3. Gotta grind during the weekend

I really haven't been following the metal ticket farming strategies, what makes 6-8 a better place to farm over 6-4/6/9?
Do they drop from a specific monster?

I really haven't been following the metal ticket farming strategies, what makes 6-8 a better place to farm over 6-4/6/9?
Do they drop from a specific monster?

They drop from Power Pyramids.

6-8 has a boss monster and it's possible (but unconfirmed) that the boss monster has a higher drop rate on the metal ticket.

On the other hand, if you're using S/L, then 6-9 is definitely better, because on 6-8 you can get a drop on the first round, and you can't reload the first round, whereas on 6-9 the first enemy doesn't come until the second round.

As for 6-4, I believe it only has 2 total chances to drop, whereas 6-8 and 6-9 both have 3 chances, so 6-4 is definitely worse than those two.

Another thing that 6-8 has going for it is that you can capture Arachnobot there. I personally got my Arachnobot from 20% to 100% just farming metal tickets there. That's 16 pulls of the coin machine that I don't have to do to empty it out now. I believe you can capture a different monster in 6-9 as well.

Soulflarz

Banned
It was the last roll (energy) I was going to do the entire game
In terms of i wasnt getting 5 energy for such a substantial time it didnt matter
lewto!!
(Lewtwo?)

Did i luck out?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
It was the last roll (energy) I was going to do the entire game
In terms of i wasnt getting 5 energy for such a substantial time it didnt matter
lewto!!
(Lewtwo?)

Did i luck out?
Yeah, Mewtwo is awesome. It's a sign that you should pull more.

Top Bottom