• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Visceir

I'm not inspired enough to drop money on the game to make more pulls.

Was thinking about getting another 14 energy pack, but the 4 leftover energy would be completely useless as you only get more energy in fives.

Edit: I'd be content with Zeera tho, boost up those coin runs~

I'm not inspired enough to drop more money on the game to make more pulls.

Was thinking about getting another 14 energy pack, but the 4 leftover energy would be completely useless as you only get more energy in fives.

Edit: I'd be content with Zeera tho, boost up those coin runs~

Well, you get energy from the consecutive login bonuses. I worked it out to I think 4.75 energy / week. So the remaining 4 energy wouldn't be useless.

FWIW, I'm super happy with Gatz. Treasure Hunter is literally the only thing I'm missing that I couldn't live without.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
When does Hunting Zone 3 open up again?

Because at this rate, I'm going to have to run Hunting Zone 2 about 52 times for all the money I need, assuming it drops an average of 4,000 coins.

putermcgee

So I have Lunaken at level 35 (second job), Ethereal at 40, and recently rolled my first named archer (Pahrl), but I don't have room for any of them on my team!

I used to have teams specialized for different types of battles, like mostly spearmen for battles against swordsmen, but I've done the last several chapters with my main team, uncaring of what types of enemies I'll encounter. I'm now in the middle of chapter 16, and I'm wondering if I really need to work on leveling up other characters at all.

My team now:
7WoWVSI.jpg

Basically, I'm thinking that unless I roll a fire or ice archer/swordsman/spearman, I don't have much reason two remove anyone from my main team. That's also making it hard to justify getting new jobs for my other characters like Nakupi, Djugan, Korin, Ka'pori, Sh'berdan, or Ra'prow. It's too bad too because I like all those dudes!

Visceir

Well, you get energy from the consecutive login bonuses. I worked it out to I think 4.75 energy / week. So the remaining 4 energy wouldn't be useless.

FWIW, I'm super happy with Gatz. Treasure Hunter is literally the only thing I'm missing that I couldn't live without.

But you don't get them 1 at a time, you get either 2 or 3...which add up to 5. So either just go for the 30 energy one or buy 1 extra energy...which I'm gonna pass on for now, haha.

When does Hunting Zone 3 open up again?

Because at this rate, I'm going to have to run Hunting Zone 2 about 52 times for all the money I need, assuming it drops an average of 4,000 coins.

Hunting Zone 3 gives ~8 k coins and the coin creeps will be available on weekends. HZ3 itself opens up after chapter 18, I think.

My team now:
7WoWVSI.jpg

Basically, I'm thinking that unless I roll a fire or ice archer/swordsman/spearman, I don't have much reason two remove anyone from my main team. That's also making it hard to justify getting new jobs for my other characters like Nakupi, Djugan, Korin, Ka'pori, Sh'berdan, or Ra'prow. It's too bad too because I like all those dudes!

I'd drop Ba'gunar and Bahamut from that team and add Korin immediately (job3 +20% frequency to sword users, job1 +20% def to sword users) and another spear guy to prepare myself better for chapter 18 (which is mostly all sword enemies)

putermcgee

I'd drop Ba'gunar and Bahamut from that team and add Korin immediately (job3 +20% frequency to sword users, job1 +20% def to sword users) and another spear guy to prepare myself better for chapter 18 (which is mostly all sword enemies)
I'll make that my second squad. I like Ba'gunar and Bahamut because more often than not, their skill attacks are what's taking out enemies.

EDIT: Got 3 energy as a login bonus, and pulled Zerro. Second SS class character!

Hige

Does the circle of carnage affect characters that are mostly elemental attackers like Ba'gunar? I thought it only affected the first physical hit, so it wouldn't matter that much except for pure physical attackers and when receiving damage from enemies.

His other characters is under the metal king.

Yea I actually have 6 characters there. I think I could have gotten a bit more exp if I had been careful on the final level and gotten the metal king in the exp chain so I got a +30% bonus on him. Still though, 300k is really good. Will be hard to beat that.

His other characters is under the metal king.

Yea I actually have 6 characters there. I think I could have gotten a bit more exp if I had been careful on the final level and gotten the metal king in the exp chain so I got a +30% bonus on him. Still though, 300k is really good. Will be hard to beat that.
Oh, whoops! But yeah, the patch gave me a few runs where I got about ~280-290k semi-consistently, but it's still mostly RNG depending on what enemies I get to pop up. (And got ~245k on the run right after that golden run). It helps when I get a lot of those annoying runners sandwiched in between my units and rack up the XP bonuses from killing them all in one turn.

Saprol

Took me forever to realize that the runners have different weaknesses in other Hunting Zones. Thought something changed when they added an extra turn to some units.

LProtag

I feel like my team is way too mage heavy, but it's been working so far.

Rikken
Jennish
Piz'fer
Zerro
Kuscah
Sorman

I've lucked out like crazy on using my energy in terms of getting SS characters.

Hige

There's no such thing as too mage heavy. I beat the game with a 5 mage team that wasn't as good as yours. You'll just have to bench characters during later chapters where enemies are healed by certain elements.

Aexact

Okay, I tried the new Arena Hunting Event.

They run away after one turn and two of them are usually enemies that leave bombs or trails of goo or cast that reduce time thing on your guys. There's four rounds of three enemies. The trails are respectable damage, I think it's 500 per drag so they're a bit more of a nuisance then the Hunting Zone ones.

I got 4 - 5 drops.

NOT ALL OF THEM TEARS. Elemental rings are in the rotation too.

This is 20 energy. I guess this is for low level folks who haven't unlocked the later hunting zones yet but would really like tears.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Ehhhhh this event has nothing for me; particles would be great though.
Hunting Zones would be great if I wasn't so fixated on 100%ing the monsters; I don't have enough good units worth leveling.

Visceir

I'm running so low on energy. But it's only like chapter 7. Is this the game's micro transaction of choice?

You usually have enough max stamina to get through half a chapter and stamina regenerates fast enough to get through atleast one chapter each day.

Things might seem tough when you start farming for job changing materials and have bad luck, but otherwise the stamina they give you seems fair enough and bearable without feeling compelled to spend money.

Okay, I tried the new Arena Hunting Event.

They run away after one turn and two of them are usually enemies that leave bombs or trails of goo or cast that reduce time thing on your guys. There's four rounds of three enemies. The trails are respectable damage, I think it's 500 per drag so they're a bit more of a nuisance then the Hunting Zone ones.

I got 4 - 5 drops.

NOT ALL OF THEM TEARS. Elemental rings are in the rotation too.

This is 20 energy. I guess this is for low level folks who haven't unlocked the later hunting zones yet but would really like tears.

The rate of tears is still a bit higher here than from HZ3. It's still not too common to get 4+ tears in an HZ3, and i just got 5 and 6.

Neol

Okay I acutally encountered the boss event monster, like the metal king, on my first run so I'm assuming that's where I got the animaton from.

Aexact

The rate of tears is still a bit higher here than from HZ3. It's still not too common to get 4+ tears in an HZ3, and i just got 5 and 6.
Yeah, but I think if you kill the special one, you're guaranteed a tear at least. HZ3, it's possible to get 5 or 6 rares but I've also gotten 35 common drops and runs with nothing but particles as the rares too.

Deitus

Yeah, it seems like the Tear Hoarders (or whatever they were called) that flee after 1 turn are guaranteed to drop a tear. The various bomb type enemies have a chance to drop items as well, but probably nothing good (I got rings). And the boss seems to drop animatons. Not sure if he drops other items as well.

All around not a bad event if you need a few tears to level up a few jobs, and fairly easy to pull off. I just hope in the future we get an event that has guaranteed drops of ores.

Hige

Just got 334k exp on MZ5 (no boss)! Got lots of runners and OHKOs. The typical exp range seems about the same as other zones though, anywhere from 170-250k.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Actually used this event to get her job2/3 to lvl 60. Shes the only character I have that has Terabow and will probably be my main damage dealer if I roll with Manmer/Pahrl bow buffs.
It's poor Bahl then... or do you not have her?

Hige

I found out Palpa levels slower than a typical S class character. They really don't want anyone to use her in this game lol.

Anyway, that event dungeon for tears is pretty nice. I hope they do one for particles soon.

Um, I'm not.
Oh, I thought you meant he'd stop using Grace/Bahl once he had better characters leveled up.

Raika

Are Animatons utter hell to get for anyone else or is it just me?

Grinded for an entire day only got 2 after countless S/Ls. The rest of the rare pudding time materials drop like flies but only Animaton rarely shows up.

FFS.

:c

Does anyone know if the boss in Gormandizer Hunt always appears at a set time plus a random chance, like in metal zone? I've just done 3 runs, and I found the boss in all three of them, whereas this morning I only saw it once in 5 attempts.

Top Bottom