• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Does anyone know if the boss in Gormandizer Hunt always appears at a set time plus a random chance, like in metal zone? I've just done 3 runs, and I found the boss in all three of them, whereas this morning I only saw it once in 5 attempts.

Seems pretty random to me.
Man I hope they have a particle event, because I need those more than tears lol.

Just got 334k exp on MZ5 (no boss)! Got lots of runners and OHKOs. The typical exp range seems about the same as other zones though, anywhere from 170-250k.

I feel like the ticket MZs have a different range. Almost all my runs have multiple levels with just like 2 guys. And theres never a boss. Average exp seems to be about 130k-140k

Hige

That 334k was from the ticket MZ5. I ended up getting a 376k run with a boss later on.

How many party members are you using? I was using a full party when I got those numbers, and generally haven't gotten anything below 150k or so.

That 334k was from the ticket MZ5. I ended up getting a 376k run with a boss later on.

How many party members are you using? I was using a full party when I got those numbers, and generally haven't gotten anything below 150k or so.

I've used various numbers of party members. Haven't done MZ5 in the ticket area though. I usually do 3 and 4. I almost always have at least 2 rounds with just 2 regular guys on it. And I almost never get gold runners. Maybe one out of 10 runs. Feels very different to the stamina MZs.

Visceir

My highest was 381k with no king. That was in MZ5 with a high level party. It definitely takes your party's average level into account.

I spent 40+ tickets on MZ5 today and every time I added a lower level character and removed a higher level one my exp dropped.

linkent

for boss 24-10. does the aoe come at certain %of hp or it come in turns?
brought my lvl 50s job2/3 end up getting wipe by that unavoidable aoe -_-

Saerk

I've been playing this for a while, and I finally have some decent guys. No SS though :/.

On the tear hunt zone are the drops still guaranteed if you bring in over-leveled guys? I've been bringing in guys on jobs I only got to ~21. Miss an occasional tear due to not quite enough damage.

Also

Which of my guys do you recommend?

S:
Ellvern (use him mostly for levitate, poison seems like trash, is Venom good?)
Alika (just got her. leveling her up)
Bahamut
Puprope (She seems pretty good, little under leveled right now, but that Frequency skill looks nice)
Palpa (seems like a waste)

A:
Maralme (liking the dual elements, high activation rate on skills. Is the final skill Wyrmtail worth it? Her stats seem kind of low, but I've been leveling her)
Velraine (same as the above)
Snaip (He's my MVP)
Daina (missing sea tears...)
Amperact (finally got a sea tear to upgrade him)
Metupi (Kind of eh on him. He does good damage, but I'm not a fan of his buffs)

B:
Kuscha (main healer)
Bahl (she's pretty good too, but I don't always use her)
Ba'gunar (stopped using him ages ago)
Sh-berdan (don't use)
Sorman (don't use)
Ra'prow (dont use)
Amazora (have her at a decent level, but moved in the twin element girls)
Zan (just got him. Intriguing in that it looks easy to get all his sword skills, but they are all so low activation. His stats do look like they end up better than the dragon girls)

What are your thoughts on my guys? Mind you my top leveled guy is 45.

Hige

My highest was 381k with no king. That was in MZ5 with a high level party. It definitely takes your party's average level into account.

I spent 40+ tickets on MZ5 today and every time I added a lower level character and removed a higher level one my exp dropped.
Yeah, I know the party's level is taken into account since you can see the difficulty level change on the start battle screen, but I wonder if the number of party members affects the exp limit.

I want to give this another chance, is the promo code for a free character still active?
It should still be on. Free Kuscah (B rank healer).

The extra 5 energy code is over though.

Which of my guys do you recommend?
Alika (bow) for sure. Dat Treasure hunter skill.

S'naip (bow), A'merpact (mage), Kuscah (healer), Bahl (sword), Ra'prow (spear)

Main team of 6 there. Try to keep like a spare sword and spear leveled for counters.

Make sure to keep some mages (or element skill users) leveled for Pudding runs.

Bahamut could potentially replace A'merpact once his third form comes out, but A'merpact is considered pretty godly as a mage. Although you do want a fire mage to counter that one Chapter (near end) where enemies get healed by ice spells.

Hige

I want to give this another chance, is the promo code for a free character still active?
No, it expired a couple weeks ago. The Kuscah promotion is still running though, I think until the end of the month. You get Kuscah instead of a generic C class healer.

Saerk

Thanks for the input guys. I'll stop using the dragon lady. Move in Alika once she is leveled up. I was using her over Bahl for a bit, but I noticed she just isn't as good. Probably would be a fine character if the elemental weapons used both magic and normal attack for damage, but it looks like they only use magic for their magic blades. Pretty positive the elemental blades don't get the weapon bonus vs other weapons (sword over bow), and just get the elemental one making them very poor.

I tried it out. Tear zone doesn't care what level your party is. Just go ahead and steamroll it with your best guys. You always will get the the one tear from the tear hoarder, and since I complained about no sea tears I've been given 5 from the zone.

with my last 9 stamina i decided to do 8-10 for giggles since most of the day ive been grinding the event (boy thats a LOT of spirit tears)

gae bolg. Czekras 3rd job beckons. but i was short 1 orichalcum and out of stamina and wouldnt be able to pudding time for it till next week.

i forsook my last energy to recharge stamina and BAM, got the last orichalcum with 15 stamina left. Czekras and now Piz'fer at job lvl 3. My walking ice duo of doooooom!

oh and i also got Maralme. Fire Milf Waifu

Visceir

Might take a while to get all the jobs/characters from lvl 60 to lvl 65 now. Thanks to the metal zone event I got
Zuzu job3 lvl60
Alika job1 lvl60
Pahrl all jobs lvl 60
Manmer all jobs lvl 60
Sh'berdan job1 lvl 60
O'Pari job 2/3 lvl 60
Grace job 2/3 lvl 60

Took ~60 - 70 tickets

oh and i also got Maralme. Fire Milf Waifu

She seems rather weak to me, stats wise anyway.

I had about 50. Just keep doing 6-8 over and over whenever you have stamina.

In other news, the reason MZ5 yields so much more exp is because the individual enemies give way more exp. About 35-40% more exp / kill by my estimate. This is easy to see, go into like MZ3 with any party, doesn't matter how high, and you will get about 10k exp for a regular metal guy, non-runner. Kill the same thing in MZ5 with a high level group and you'll get close to 14k exp.

I can get close to 300k almost every time I do MZ5.

daydream

Banned
So, I think I wanna give this a whirl on Android. I remember there being a way to get more energy for rerolls at the start through some trick? Does that still apply (and if so, I'd appreciate a primer on it)?

Hige

There was a code for 5 free energy when the game launched that expired a couple weeks ago. Right now you only get one shot at rolling an SS character before having to delete the save file if you want to reroll.

daydream

Banned
There was a code for 5 free energy when the game launched that expired a couple weeks ago. Right now you only get one shot at rolling an SS character before having to delete the save file if you want to reroll.

Gotcha. I got this lady on my first roll (S-Rank Bonna the Idol). Decent?

Raika

Cleared chapter 18-10 without much trouble. 18-5 was much harder for me for some reason.

ANYWAY HUNTING ZONE 3 FINALLY ASDFGHJKL

Awful starting character as her whole skillset is built around being a support for Metal Zone4/5 leveling.

Reroll

To make matters worse, if you get an SS mage instead, you don't ever need support characters for metal zones anymore anyway, because you can kill the runners with distance attacks.

Visceir

To make matters worse, if you get an SS mage instead, you don't ever need support characters for metal zones anymore anyway, because you can kill the runners with distance attacks.

You also wouldn't need any other classes as they pretty much outdamage everything else and you wouldn't need healers since they heal themselves... and revive when they die.

Time to nerf SS mages~

Visceir

Four bad rolls in a row. Why do I do this to myself. *deletes app to redownload*

On android you don't have to redownload, just clear the app cache. Before there was even a way to skip the tutorial when rerolling, but I think they might have fixed that.

If I were to do it again now I'd roll a couple of accounts with decent to good characters and collect the login bonuses for each of them the first few days.

meow

Is there something specific that affects the metal ticket drops in 6-8, like level cap or effect? I've played it a bunch and haven't gotten any tickets.

i love the character stories and interactions. Mistwalker is a master of making an endearing world and detailed background.

for example, we learn that Gaiga is an ephebophile!

"I haven't had a stoneman yet."
Muttering those unseemly words, Gaiga aimed her seductive eyes at Korin. Her bestial sense of smell was drawn to his future promise.

"I'll make you into a man."

One of Gaiga's targets was now firmly in place. ---

"So close, but something's just not right."
Gaiga's eyes were fixed on Kem as she muttered this. She went on and on, thinking aloud about different possibilities and asking herself different questions.

It soon became apparent she was fantasizing about making over Kem to her own liking.

"Tee hee hee. Yes, that WOULD look good. Good enough to...eat."

Gaiga's seething instinct knows no bounds.

http://terrabattle.wikia.com/wiki/Gaiga

daydream

Banned
On android you don't have to redownload, just clear the app cache. Before there was even a way to skip the tutorial when rerolling, but I think they might have fixed that.

If I were to do it again now I'd roll a couple of accounts with decent to good characters and collect the login bonuses for each of them the first few days.

Decided to go for the iOS version instead since the tablet is occupied a lot. Got a B character I already had from the tutorial on my fifth roll, goddamnit.

Visceir

Decided to go for the iOS version instead since the tablet is occupied a lot. Got a B character I already had from the tutorial on my fifth roll, goddamnit.

Think I rerolled like 15 - 20 times before I got an SS mage. Just put on a podcast or video to watch, the tutorial doesn't exactly take much attention or skill.

A good start will be a big help (and possible shitty rolls later on won't be as upsetting)

Top Bottom