• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

daydream

Banned
Think I rerolled like 15 - 20 times before I got an SS mage. Just put on a podcast or video to watch, the tutorial doesn't exactly take much attention or skill.

A good start will be a big help (and possible shitty rolls later on won't be as upsetting)

Yeah, I got a podcast running. Anyway, sixth reroll yielded S-Rank Sha'plar the Witch. I.. don't think I have any more rerolls in me today.

Hige

Is there something specific that affects the metal ticket drops in 6-8, like level cap or effect? I've played it a bunch and haven't gotten any tickets.
I got 6 tickets in about 25 runs with treasure hunter. I don't know how everyone else seems to be so lucky with them.

Visceir

i had 5 energies and rolled
got puprope

i remember someone in here wanted her and said she was good

His job2 lvl 65 skill is Frequency +20% for staff users which can be quite useful and job3 is the most powerful dark magic pincer attack. Anti-Lightning Capsule can be quite useful too.

Hes quite alright.

Time to get some GAF opinions...

So I started the game and neglected it for a couple of days due to a weird connection. Now I rolled Sorman and A'misandra through the energy gifts. Both healers, on top of Kuscah lol. Should I keep going or reroll again? =S

Neol

Time to get some GAF opinions...

So I started the game and neglected it for a couple of days due to a weird connection. Now I rolled Sorman and A'misandra through the energy gifts. Both healers, on top of Kuscah lol. Should I keep going or reroll again? =S

If your not that far into the game and don't mind rerolling then you should probably reroll. You want at least one good offensive unit to depend on. If you don't really want too though you can always keep playing and hope for the best in future rolls.

If your not that far into the game and don't mind rerolling then you should probably reroll. You want at least one good offensive unit to depend on. If you don't really want too though you can always keep playing and hope for the best in future rolls.

Thanks man. I'll reroll right now since I'm not in a huge rush to jump deeper in. Also the hat on your Link avatar makes you seem extra classy so I'm not even gonna wait for any second opinions haha.

Neol

Thanks man. I'll reroll right now since I'm not in a huge rush to jump deeper in. Also the hat on your Link avatar makes you seem extra classy so I'm not even gonna wait for any second opinions haha.

Haha thanks man.

If you really have the patience many people will say keep rerolling till you get an SS mage but you can do the game without one.

Aexact

>.>
I have two SS mages... and like three non story S rank characters... just starting chapter 14, no IAP.

lol
I don't even know you but I think I hate you.

Rolled Burbaba with the energy from the event. Easiest character to get with Power Point Amp so I'm acceptably psyched.

zulux21

lol
I don't even know you but I think I hate you.

Rolled Burbaba with the energy from the event. Easiest character to get with Power Point Amp so I'm acceptably psyched.

>.>
My SS mages are
Lewto and Zerro

my S characters are Bahamut/palpa + zafitte, puprope, and sha'plar.

My plan is eventually to just go team mage.

zulux21

*adds your name to my list*
*doesnt tell you what happens to people on my list*
I am used to being on people's lists of people not to play games of chance with.... I have the heart of the cards... or what ever you want to call it :p
I wish I had another mage, but having Negotiator Pro is probably better right now.

yeah, I wish I had something like that given my goal is to slowly make it so I can only get characters and not monsters from gold rolls :p

Raika

>.>
My SS mages are
Lewto and Zerro

my S characters are Bahamut/palpa + zafitte, puprope, and sha'plar.

My plan is eventually to just go team mage.

Join the non-IAP 2 SS mages club lol.

My SS characters are Jennish, Piz'fer and Amimari. S characters are Sha'plar, Bonna and Zeera.

Other noteworthy stuff include A'merpact and Ma'curi.

:D

Soulflarz

Banned
I am used to being on people's lists of people not to play games of chance with.... I have the heart of the cards... or what ever you want to call it :p

I think I beat you in the luck category zulux. Like in most ways :p
Were talking 1/100 chances happening a lot. Then again, my luck cuts both ways. But I enjoy it for what it is. I cant say uniqueness is a rarity.

CTLance

How are you suppose to beat the special units in the Gormanizer levels if you can only move 1 unit at a time?
Not sure what exactly your problem is, so I'll try to cover everything.

Basically: You have to move another unit with your active unit.

Just draw a small circle over four squares with another unit on it until it has moved in the desired direction, then move your "circle area" one square in the same direction and repeat.

Another tactic would be to drag your unit through a long line of other units repeatedly to have the entire "snake" move along.

Write off the first fleeing enemy if it's too far away, then eat a few attacks to set up your units properly in anticipation of the later waves.

Arrange your units in a grid pattern or something similar to achieve maximum combo potential and area coverage.

Use units with a high chance of special attacks.

Don't use units that have been slowed (clock debuff symbol). You can still move them with other units, but don't use them as your active unit.

Level up your team.

Also, units with sleep spells or ranged attacks may help?

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
The gormandizer event has been pretty good to me so far
Fhi5tEl.jpg
QNMmAiw.jpg
(Not pictured : Ma'curi and Purpopré as I already unlocked their third jobs)
The funny thing is that now racial mats and money are going to be the issue to upgrade everyone.

chrono01

Now that I think about it, I should use my energy now if they continue to allow fellowship pacts to get the new units...
Good point.

Anyway, I used 15 of my Energy [want to space it out for the excitement of it] and recruited:

Kapori the Big Mouth [Rank A] - New at least
Macuri the Tormented [Rank B] Also new

AND

Yukken [Rank SS] - Finally, another SS!

That makes Amisandra and Yukken as my only SS. The versatility of Yukken interests me, and I definitely needed a unit with the Negotiator skill. Now time to farm that weapon to evolve her...

Visceir

Hopefully the time they are taking with the new characters will be representative of the quality.

I'll just continue accumulating coin and hope I'll get them through the coin pact.

We seem to be getting all the same rolls with Hige. got a Piz'fer dupe as well, kinda useless at this point since he was already at 80+ B%, it's nice to see all his skills going off all the time without leaving anything to chance.

Hige

Yeah, the dupe bumped me up to 80%+ so everything triggers 100% now. It's kind of amazing how often skills would not trigger at 90% when I needed AOE during metal zones.

Even if there's a chance of dupes I'll probably keep rolling whenever I have energy. I mainly want Zeera and Rikken or Yukken for coin/monster farming at this point. Gugba might be nice for chapter 20 grinding as well.

Akito

I'm now in chapter 25 and not sure I even want another SS character now, I don't think I have the patience to level them up properly, I still have to babysit Bahamut a little since he level up so fucking slow. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with my team though, aside from Phoenix the ride has been a smooth one.
Real talk, I'm just a little salty that other than 2 SS at the beginning, all of my pulls were A at best.

Anony

should i keep/save the metal tickets or use them?
if use them, go to the highest level right?

how hard is the 50lvl one? my highest lvl team are mid30s to low 40s

Visceir

should i keep/save the metal tickets or use them?
if use them, go to the highest level right?

how hard is the 50lvl one? my highest lvl team are mid30s to low 40s

Don't really see any reason to keep them, especially right now when the higher level MZ are also available through tickets. MZ5 and even 4 can be quite tough. You probably won't be able to kill the monsters in 1 hit and they all run off...and if the king should spawn you'd be fucked.

Stick to your level appropiate MZ.

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm now in chapter 25 and not sure I even want another SS character now, I don't think I have the patience to level them up properly, I still have to babysit Bahamut a little since he level up so fucking slow. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with my team though, aside from Phoenix the ride has been a smooth one.
Real talk, I'm just a little salty that other than 2 SS at the beginning, all of my pulls were A at best.

SS arent very hard to level, just waste a day in MZ :p

Akito

SS arent very hard to level, just waste a day in MZ :p
I dunno, it would take me way longer than one day to bring them up to at least 35/35/~50. And yes, I know you can farm Metal Tickets but I don't have Treasure Hunter to make it really efficient.

Soulflarz

Banned
I dunno, it would take me way longer than one day to bring them up to at least 35/35/~50. And yes, I know you can farm Metal Tickets but I don't have Treasure Hunter to make it really efficient.

Me either, soo I just bring em with me and use Zuzu and Pizfer to do all the damage.

I don't have Treasure Hunter either, but I still got 40 Metal Tickets after 3-4 days of using all my stamina (no refills) on 6-8. At 77 energy I get a minimum of 33 runs a day, even with a rate of 25% this is still pretty good.

Folstern

I don't have Treasure Hunter either, but I still got 40 Metal Tickets after 3-4 days of using all my stamina (no refills) on 6-8. At 77 energy I get a minimum of 33 runs a day, even with a rate of 25% this is still pretty good.
I got about the same results. I found it worth the grind.

Akito

Maybe once I've completed the story or something cause I rather play that than the one map over and over and over again. Then again I don't even know if I will still be motivated enough to play that much after I'm done with the story.

Visceir

Aside from the Hunting Zone (since it's just the money one now) is there any other decent level to get forlorn stones?

You could change your phone's time zone to New Zealand right now and you could be doing the monday's rotating hunting zones.

Other than that all the ores/tears have specific bosses and monsters they drop from.

hampig

Hey, I'm fairly new to the game and am having a hard time finding out information on what the skill descriptions mean. When it says (Magic Defense +20%, Fire, 30%) I know it's saying upon activation MD raises 20%, and the chance of that happening is 30%, but what does fire mean?

Also, A swordmans magic attack, what does that do if he only has megasword? the skill says (magic attack +5%, fire, 30%)

Alucrid

Banned
You could change your phone's time zone to New Zealand right now and you could be doing the monday's rotating hunting zones.

Other than that all the ores/tears have specific bosses and monsters they drop from.

Thanks, I'll try changing my timezone. Got some stamina to kill

Hey, I'm fairly new to the game and am having a hard time finding out information on what the skill descriptions mean. When it says (Magic Defense +20%, Fire, 30%) I know it's saying upon activation MD raises 20%, and the chance of that happening is 30%, but what does fire mean?

Also, A swordmans magic attack, what does that do if he only has megasword? the skill says (magic attack +5%, fire, 30%)

are you sure it says fire? all mine says "self" or "adjacent", meaning the third descriptor is about who gets that buff. megasword just adds a skill attack when it activates, the magic attack means that it increases the magic attack of the unit or surrounding units by 5%

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

The defense is for Fire attacks. Maybe his other jobs have a magic attack? Or perhaps it can apply to allies too depending on what the skill is.

Hige

Treasure hunter does absolutely nothing. My rates are the same or worse than what other people report.

You can click the question mark next to the ability name for a description. Nakupi's first job boosts the skills of allies with fire attribute (red symbol in the lower right corner of their icon). It won't affect Nakupi's Megasword itself. The magic attack +% ability will boost the damage of teammates with abilities like Fire Blade or mages with Fire/Inferno/Solar Wind attacks. He's not really a good character because the abilities are so niche.

Top Bottom