• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

linkent

Think they nerf Metal Drop rate.
Did it 6x for 1 drop, not worth it without S/L.

On the other hand, got Gae Bolg on first try of farming! Czekras fonally have an AOE, and 62/65 on first job for the Ice row attack.
But currently ln Stage 26 where everything absorb Ice -_-

Deitus

I'm not normally one to freak out over drop rates from low sample sizes, but after 2 runs of Pudding Time 3, and 3 runs of Tin Parade, getting 20-29 drops each time, I got a grand total of 1 tear and 2 particles (and 0 ores).

Why do you hate me today RNGesus?

meow

I just realized that the capsule effects stack, are there any chapters or levels where particular elements are really prevalent?

Hige

I just realized that the capsule effects stack, are there any chapters or levels where particular elements are really prevalent?
Pretty much anything after chapter 20. Capsules are interesting since they're usually a low level ability, but they're not really useful until the later chapters. There's a certain boss in chapter
that seems to give people trouble, but I was able to get 100% resistance to its element and it hit me for 0 damage when it went into crazy mode.

linkent

Will i need panacea on later chapter 25+? So far till 26 i can manage. Finally got my 3 animatons, dunno whether i want to upclass Pupropu or Gatz for panacea.

My team
Bahamut 57/50/0
Czekras 63//45/20
Gatz 65/50/0
Pupropu 59/45/0
Grace 63/68/35
Kuskah 57/68/35

Bench
Amerpact 20/35/47
Snaip 50/35/20

Hige

It's nice to have panacea, but I beat the game without it. Pupropu doesn't get panacea, did you mean Palpa maybe? Gatz would be good to upgrade since he's pretty versatile with Levitation/Treasure Hunter/Panacea all in one character.

zulux21

I've run out of dudes that I want to upgrade and I have an ample supply of stuff.

No stuff to waste stamina on...

I still have a few things to collect, but I at least managed to get my S class support mage to her third job so she can replace my healer with her giga regen and thus I can use her for bombs and levitation.

Visceir

Spent most of the weekend running coin creeps, accumulated enough coin to roll 100 times, but this isn't nearly enough though.

Still havent gotten around to getting my lvl 60 characters to lvl 65.

Will probably be running chapter 20 until the next weekend/event. Fortunately I'm able to run it without a healer now.

Akito

28-10 spoiler:
Lich is an asshole, do I just have to repeat the fight over and over again in hope of him death rouletting his minions/himself instead of my characters? His seal attacks also suck ass.

Soulflarz

Banned
28-10 spoiler:
Lich is an asshole, do I just have to repeat the fight over and over again in hope of him death rouletting his minions/himself instead of my characters? His seal attacks also suck ass.

Everyones said the bosses name untagged so much that I think its almost not a spoiler to acknowledge its a boss at this point >.<

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
28-10 spoiler:
Death ward is good.

28-10 spoiler:

I'm currently stuck on him too. If you don't have anyone who can nullify death (I don't) I think the only option is to burst him down ASAP. And using characters with elemental attacks can circumvent his seals.

Missed my first log in bonus since the game came out in the US. However, that lost day led to lost interest, but it had me for a solid month. Looks like I broke my little addiction.

i learned somethnig about the golden stripes in metal zones.

doesn't matter how slow you get next to one. if you get next to them vertically or horizontally they will still move the bastards,

So speed DOES matter?

for the golden ones im going to say its more a random number generator with high chance of them moving once you move within a certain range of vertical/horizontal tile.

i did this by coming up hella fast diagonally and nothing. but as soon as i move a pixel into the adjacent tile BAM.

i even tried to stop right before the tile and let timer run out so my character is set for me and they move when the character moved into place alone.

Usually what I do for the runners is go in with an SS mage (yea I know, sorry, but this probably works with any other mage, including Bahamut, although with a little more difficulty). When you see a runner all you have to do is get them onto the same row or column as a regular enemy. To do this just make sure that your mage(s) are involved in a pincer on the regular mob, and while setting up the pincer smash your guy into the runner multiple times so that he moves the way you need him to go to get lined up. Like if I'm looking at this board:

Code:
. . . . . .
. G . . X .
. . . . . .
. . . . . .
. . . . . .
. . . . R .
. . . . . .
. . . . . .

where G is a golden guy, R is a regular guy, and X is my guy. I will just take X and come in from above G, then move up and down to make G move down 2 or 3 spaces. Then just finish the pincer and G will die because of the AoE.

For a 3x3 mage (i.e. no row/column attacks), the same principle applies but get them to move diagonal to R. Or you can use someone like Grace who does a bow attack around herself, and just get the G to move diagonal to her, regardless of where the pincer is.

GeoGonzo

I just chase them like a madman with Gugba and his trailing bombs, which they eventually run into. Easy and mindless, with only the small cost of these minions not triggering bonus XP.

Visceir

If only RNGesus would give me Gugba :(

rRWGOLw.jpg

(I dont actually know if its bombs are strong enough to kill the runners, Im guessing they are tho)

Hige

rRWGOLw.jpg

(I dont actually know if its bombs are strong enough to kill the runners, Im guessing they are tho)
Somehow after hundreds of coin pulls I'm still missing ~20 monsters, including this one. I just went to farm one (from 8-9) to go play with lol.

I'm really curious about some of the more unique monsters that aren't the endgame dragons everyone focuses on. There's typically a monster equivalent with abilities only a few regular characters get. Some are nerfed though; I was disappointed to find out that Dark Petrifier doesn't get the petrify ability. :(

anaron

Pocketgamer: Terra Battle scores big on the google top play charts in Japan, France and Spain

Chart battle

On the US top grossing chart for iPhone, Terra Battle has only flirted with success. After launching the game quickly rose into the top 150, peaking at #111.

Unfortunately, the game couldn't capitalise on that promising start, and has rarely troubled the top #200 in its first month on the chart.

But on the Google Play US top grossing charts, things are better.

The game quickly entered the top 100 upon launch, peaking at #83, and even though it couldn't quite find a permanent position in the promised land, it hasn't strayed far.

As you're all now surely expecting, Terra Battle does indeed make amends for its poor Canadian performance on iPhone when it comes to the Google Play top grossing charts.

This time the game flourished in Canada, cementing a place in the top 100 with ease, and peaking at #36.

It's a similar story in Japan as well, where Terra Battle has again spent all of its days inside the Google Play top 50, peaking #20.

GeoGonzo

How odd that the game is doing well in France and Spain since last time I checked they still had profiles and story in english only. Maybe its time to launch the game in every territory already? I don't get what they're waiting for.

Akito

Death ward is good.

I'm currently stuck on him too. If you don't have anyone who can nullify death (I don't) I think the only option is to burst him down ASAP. And using characters with elemental attacks can circumvent his seals.
I don't have any character with that ability but thankfully I had a good run and was able to do enough damage before he snuffed out too many of my characters, based Lightning Einstein.

I've been farming ch 20 (I'm at 23 overall) just to max out. I'm running:
Lewto
Ma'curi
A'merpact
Bahamut
Kascah
Koko

I was running Sheena, but the lack of a Tera skill really blows. I dropped her for Bahamut since most of the time I want mages chaining off the melee and Sheena wasn't doing much when not on the frontline.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I've been farming ch 20 (I'm at 23 overall) just to max out. I'm running:
Lewto
Ma'curi
A'merpact
Bahamut
Kascah
Koko

I was running Sheena, but the lack of a Tera skill really blows. I dropped her for Bahamut since most of the time I want mages chaining off the melee and Sheena wasn't doing much when not on the frontline.
She's hot though...

I've been running HZ2 all day hoping to catch some animaton to get Jennish to his third job...

After 12 runs I found 1 animaton, 2 orichalcums and 5 dark matters. The last four of them in three consecutive runs (i got 2 dark matters once). Why are you so cruel, RNG gods? I didn't even see the boss today for an extra chance, and after getting Jennish to his second job I don't even have any characters that require dark matter, and I don't think I'll need them any time soon since I'm waiting for a Godfest to spend my free energy :(

I'm sure some of you guys are having the opposite problem, drowning in animaton but having no luck finding dark mater. I ain't even mad, in fact I laughed out loud when I got dark matter after dark matter :lol

I've been running HZ2 all day hoping to catch some animaton to get Jennish to his third job...

After 12 runs I found 1 animaton, 2 orichalcums and 5 dark matters. The last four of them in three consecutive runs (i got 2 dark matters once). Why are you so cruel, RNG gods? I didn't even see the boss today for an extra chance, and after getting Jennish to his second job I don't even have any characters that require dark matter, and I don't think I'll need them any time soon since I'm waiting for a Godfest to spend my free energy :(

I'm sure some of you guys are having the opposite problem, drowning in animaton but having no luck finding dark mater. I ain't even mad, in fact I laughed out loud when I got dark matter after dark matter :lol

you always get what you need the least

Aexact

From constantly leveling in Chapter 20, I am now overstocked in Animatons, Oxsesium, Moon Tears, and Dark Matters. However, I did draw Jaguna, Ka'pori, Kuscah, Manmer, Nakupi, and Sorman. I've drawn almost everybody that requires Rainbow Tears to upgrade.

I'm sad that my one SS (Sheena) is considered weak though. I bet she's the only one I'm gonna get. I enjoy her Control Time but def would've liked someone who could murder better or farm better.

Top Bottom