• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm totally 100%ing all the monsters so I can have a shot at her. Honestly though, she's the hottest woman in the game.

image.php

never change Hawthorne :p

It's free. Download it and try it for yourself.

Also, how many iOS games generate eighty page threads on GAF?

For what it is? Yes.

Yes.

Edit: asking in the OT for the game will probably never get you a no though, heads up :p

Thanks for the replies, I love Sakaguchi's games and Uematsu's music, but I rarely play games on my mobile, in fact, it has been more than 6 months since I booted a game on my mobile, I really don't enjoy gaming on smart phones. That's why I was asking. I will give the game a try.

Visceir

Nnnnoo, missed my login bonus on my alt acc today, oh well~

Chapter 23-4 is ~100 k exp for 16 stamina and takes only about 2 - 3 minutes to complete. If you don't happen to have the time for chapter 20.

You can also farm dark pegawyrm B% there.

Hige

I'm sad that my one SS (Sheena) is considered weak though. I bet she's the only one I'm gonna get. I enjoy her Control Time but def would've liked someone who could murder better or farm better.
Sheena's a jack of all trades and her stats are really good, she's anything but weak. She has control time, panacea, a moderate full party heal, and some giga attack skills all in one character. Obviously it takes time to unlock all of those skills, but that's pretty amazing. She may not be a farming character per se (no mage AOE, treasure hunter, or negotiator), but she still has a versatile skill set. She's at the higher end of my wish list.

Uh just started. So no Twitter code for me and no free healer Kissch. Anything I can get for free? My first 5 energy roll was SS czeke but o want a SS waifu so I guess I'm on iOS and deleting and reinstalling to reroll?

Hige

Uh just started. So no Twitter code for me and no free healer Kissch. Anything I can get for free? My first 5 energy roll was SS czeke but o want a SS waifu so I guess I'm on iOS and deleting and reinstalling to reroll?
The Kuscah promotion is extended until November 30th. Czekras is one of the top 10 single target DPS characters and the chance of pulling an SS character is under 10% so rerolling could take a while. You can use iFunbox/iExplorer to delete savedata.bin from the documents folder to make rerolling faster than deleting the app and redownloading it each time.

The Kuscah promotion is extended until November 30th. Czekras is one of the top 10 single target DPS characters and the chance of pulling an SS character is under 10% so rerolling could take a while. You can use iFunbox/iExplorer to delete savedata.bin from the documents folder to make rerolling faster than deleting the app and redownloading it each time.
Got Yukken the Chatterbox <3 ^3^

Visceir

New update/event when?! I'm ready Mistwalker! Hopefully we'll atleast get bahamut rather than some particle/tears event. Getting those download starter new characters would be neat too...

Would love to have Rikken in my party but with my luck I'll never get it :(

zulux21

New update/event when?! I'm ready Mistwalker! Hopefully we'll atleast get bahamut rather than some particle/tears event. Getting those download starter new characters would be neat too...

While I am still decently far from the end game and am in no way bored of the game... I really feel mistwalker needs to start stepping up their game with new events so that players that are at the end game have something new to do and don't get bored and leave the game.

of course my week is set for now... I need to manage to get one more dark matter, and the weapon drop from 12-2 and then just a bunch of money to get my SS and S mages to job 3.... and at some point I need to figure out who in my party will be replaced for Zerro as I put in to much time and energy to finally get the mats for Pupropé to get her jobs to replace her with him ><;

I have Sheena and I have her at 47/65/70. She serves me well. I don't really need any other person to remove status effects and conversion rite is offhealing. It doesn't heal much unless you pincer more than one enemy or hit someone who is a bow or low defense like a staff, but it heals all and my team doesn't have a dedicated healer (most of my team has self heals and Rikken is healing all), so it relies on offhealing to keep me full and it works (With just one power puck, Sheena and Rikken can heal everyone to full basically). She honestly does decent damage and most enemies still die when she is within a pincer because 322 attack is still very beefy and she has double 10% attack buffs. Her main downside is no tera skill and has to settle for 2 gigaswords but it's like having a support character who hits pretty decently. If she had a 1.5x physical damage like Bahl or Snaip she would be utterly insane because conversion rite would just full heal everyone constantly. I'm thinking of looking into other characters that either buff attack or reduce defense, though Korin only give 5% to sword and 5% to adjacent which doesn't sound like a lot. But those -20% defense do make a noticeable difference, Grace makes killing dragons really quick, especially when Bahl and Snaip are around.

On another note, the confusion and paralysis arrows for Yukken and Rikken are so good. It does megabow damage and doesn't proc the status all the time but it procs enough that I know the enemy isn't a threat for a while, especially since paralyze lasts quite a while. It's kind of sad Grace's poison arrows aren't too good. It does megabow damage, so it's an aoe but the poison does so little damage.

anaron

Yukken (who I assume you meant due to the pic) was the second character I rolled. :p

Hige

I finally sat down and grinded 1-5 for a full hour to see how many skill boosts I could get. Got about 2% per character with each run taking about 2-3 minutes. I don't think I'll do this very often lol. Piz'fer's at 96% so I wanted to make that last push to make sure I don't get any more dupes of him at least.

Kitoro

My last 3 out of 4 energy summons have been Kuscah.. I think I'm done pulling indefinitely until they add more units. This system is really ridiculous; the worst I've seen in handling dupes in any F2P game I've played.

At least I'm having no trouble blowing through the chapters with my current team. Kuscah + Palpa have made it pretty much impossible for me to die, even on the bosses that people say require levitate.

Screenshot_2014_11_19_05_25_27.png

My last 3 out of 4 energy summons have been Kuscah.. I think I'm done pulling indefinitely until they add more units. This system is really ridiculous; the worst I've seen in handling dupes in any F2P game I've played

Uhh, seriously? The worst you've seen? In every other game I'm aware of, dupes are essentially a wasted pull, you get nothing useful from it. At least here they've given you a way to eliminate dupes from the machine. I've got 6 guys up past 70 B% just from regular play, pretty soon I'll never have to worry about getting a dupe of one of them.

Jagernaut

Uhh, seriously? The worst you've seen? In every other game I'm aware of, dupes are essentially a wasted pull, you get nothing useful from it. At least here they've given you a way to eliminate dupes from the machine. I've got 6 guys up past 70 B% just from regular play, pretty soon I'll never have to worry about getting a dupe of one of them.

Depends on the game. In Puzzle and Dragons dupes can be very useful. I have pulled 4 Red Sonia's and use 3 on the same team right now, she makes a great sub for herself. Once I evolve the 4th I'll use her as well sometimes.

Kitoro

At least dupes in other games give me the opportunity to use them in addition to my original one, without automatically trashing them. And if I didn't want them, I'd typically get a bonus for fusing them into the original unit by my own choice as I see fit.

This game removes that choice entirely, which is quite greedy, requiring heavier investments to get multiple mages, etc.

I sort of understand the design decision of not having duplicates of a character on a team but it would be nice if odds of dupes decreased as the B% gets higher.
Ideally dupes shouldn't exist but tcgs/gatchas don't work that way. :/
Being unable to trade units is as much as a burden as it is a boon.

Visceir

All of you leveling your Bahamuts, I hope you're focusing on getting job1 to lvl 65 first as the job1 skill is better than the job2 counter.

I'm new to this game. Can someone please explain the Twitter / Kuscah promotion to me? Thanks <3

All of you leveling your Bahamuts, I hope you're focusing on getting job1 to lvl 65 first as the job1 skill is better than the job2 counter.

Well my Bahamut's at 64/65
But I think Fire with a 20% proc rate isn't much better than the counter lol.

I'm new to this game. Can someone please explain the Twitter / Kuscah promotion to me? Thanks <3

When the game first came out they tweeted out a code that gave you 5 energy for an extra premium pull.
The Kuscah promo gives you a free Kuscah along with your other starter unit which guarantees you a strong healer.

When the game first came out they tweeted out a code that gave you 5 energy for an extra premium pull.
The Kuscah promo gives you a free Kuscah along with your other starter unit which guarantees you a strong healer.

Area effects with the same name and lower percentile tend to have wider areas of effect. I'm guessing it's like the SS mages where you're going to get a 3xN column or Nx3 row attack out of it. Definitely better.

Oh is it? Neat I'll find out soon to confirm.

I actually don't know, it's just a guess based on how other stuff works. It wouldn't make sense to just have yet another fire that was exactly the same, and there's already precedent for making the area of effect bigger, so it's just a guess.

Let us know when you find out though, you're pretty close.

Man I've been missing out... 26 would've been much easier if I knew haha.

The ability descriptions in this game are poorly worded.
Like "executes in 2 turns" is hella misleading.

Man I've been missing out... 26 would've been much easier if I knew haha.

The ability descriptions in this game are poorly worded.
Like "executes in 2 turns" is hella misleading.

I figured out what that meant when I saw the description for Bonna's petrify or petrify ward, one of the two, that said executes in 20 turns. I was like... yea, that doesn't mean what it sounds like.

Folstern

So exactly like the first fire pinzer but with a lower proc rate then?
First fire pincer doesn't hit every panel in the columns around the target(s). It works like the Job 2/Level 15 abilities the SS mages get.

Like dis:

Fire 50%:
xxxxxx
xxxxxx
x000xx
x0T0xx
x000xx
xxxxxx
xxxxxx

Fire 20%:
x000xx
x000xx
x000xx
x000xx
x0T0xx
x000xx
x000xx
x000xx

Visceir

All 20% magic pincers are 3x columns, either horizontally or vertically. It's one of the better skills as it's super useful for metal zones. If there is a horizontal row of enemies you can cover the entire screen with that attack, have 2 mages high level mages with that skill and you can clear the screen of most trash monsters.

The 20% part turns rather meaningless later on when your character has 50%+ B...besides with power points you can always activate it anyway.

That skill+the cross skill bahamut gets at job3 are the only reasons why I'm bothering leveling Bahamut.

Edit: Heres a video with all Bahamut's skills in action

freelevel

Banned

That's a cute picture. I'll have to look for some more character art. I have both of them, but they aren't leveled very well yet. Still need two levels to get one of their jobs to 60. I assume chapter 20 is the best place to level up characters that are already 50 and above?

GeoGonzo

First fire pincer doesn't hit every panel in the columns around the target(s). It works like the Job 2/Level 15 abilities the SS mages get.

Like dis:

Fire 50%:
xxxxxx
xxxxxx
x000xx
x0T0xx
x000xx
xxxxxx
xxxxxx

Fire 20%:
x000xx
x000xx
x000xx
x000xx
x0T0xx
x000xx
x000xx
x000xx

Ah, I see (never had an SS mage). What happens if Bahamut is in the bottom left corner doing a pincer of four enemies horizontally (with another of our characters in the bottom right corner)? Do you still get only 3 fire columns? 4? 6?

-edit-

Wait, nevermind, just saw that video :)

Akito

Just had a rematch with the last boss after a 2 days long grind and he wasn't nearly a huge obstacle as the first time. Bringing Eileen along was my winning move though, I probably wouldn't even have had to do the grind. The ending was not exactly spectacular but to be fair I didn't pay much attention to it, maybe I can find a script or at least a summary somewhere. Fun game, I liked the gameplay a lot, so much that I've probably done as much grinding and farming as in all of the games I played in the last few years together.

Here's to hope events will be a regular thing and additional contents won't be long in coming.

Hige

Pro tip: Change your game's language to French (or Japanese) to see if a skill hits columns/rows instead of just a 3x3 area. The French translation will show if it affects columns (colonne) or rows (ligne).

Soulflarz

Banned
Pro tip: Change your game's language to French (or Japanese) to see if a skill hits columns/rows instead of just a 3x3 area. The French translation will show if it affects columns (colonne) or rows (ligne).

Well then. Dont know why ours doesnt.

Visceir

Checked out the japanese twitter for the game. Seems like they are getting another famitsu dlc character, this one:
BvckhSb.png

They also tease Odin/Leviathan at the arena besides Bahamut:
BEyUOay.jpg

Top Bottom