• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Blu(e)

On the Terra Battle forums they also found these:
GNHHhoZ.png

VV2pVsc.png

JZXhvny.png

zulux21

Maybe if it didn't suck as much

some of it does suck, I won't deny it, but it being all over the place lets me feel like it's a project of love from japan, with so many extra talented people involved with character creation. And if this extra talent had to make their stuff look the same, it would defeat the purpose of having a certain artist design a character for you as you would want them to do it in their style.

Again that is likely just me though :p

Hige

Blade Falcon has potential because of Swordspin, All. It might be a one-hit version of Gugba's Tremor. Meylia seems disappointing because we already have 3 other fire mages, but she is the only hidden character with 3 jobs, so maybe her other skills could be better. Viscount O'eyl has a spot on a theoretical counterattack team. Ban-Dejas is just a Pegawyrm reskin.

Blu(e)

Don't worry I got your back. Suoh legs and feet looks all kinds of messed up though.
Suoh.png

Blade Falcon has potential because of Swordspin, All. It might be a one-hit version of Gugba's Tremor. Meylia seems disappointing because we already have 3 other fire mages, but she is the only hidden character with 3 jobs, so maybe her other skills could be better. Viscount O'eyl has a spot on a theoretical counterattack team. Ban-Dejas is just a Pegawyrm reskin.

Meylia seems like a good way to fill out the lower grade class types.Not everyone has an SS mage or even Daiana. I'm still rocking some generic ice mage because that's the only mage I've been given. Introducing more lower grade types will probably help people get a specific type class type they need for a party set up.

Hige

Well, Bahamut and Mantledrake are already farmable options for a fire mage. Meylia will be easier to level up than Bahamut so she's more useful pre-endgame at least. Bahamut requires a lot of investment, but Mantledrake is pretty easy to level. Unless she offers some unique skills on the second or third jobs (doubtful since she's a B rank), for me she's just another possible junk pull.

zulux21

Meylia seems like a good way to fill out the lower grade class types.Not everyone has an SS mage or even Daiana. I'm still rocking some generic ice mage because that's the only mage I've been given. Introducing more lower grade types will probably help people get a specific type class type they need for a party set up.

I'm currently running 5 mages in my team... 3 of them are darkness mages lol (though one is only a mage on their second job which I am currently using)

it's working well enough but I am going to be so screwed if there are enemies resistant to elements :p

Blu(e)

Well, Bahamut and Mantledrake are already farmable options for a fire mage. Meylia will be easier to level up than Bahamut so she's more useful pre-endgame at least. Bahamut requires a lot of investment, but Mantledrake is pretty easy to level. Unless she offers some unique skills on the second or third jobs (doubtful since she's a B rank), for me she's just another possible junk pull.

Thinking about it some more, I think you're right. If you specifically wanted a fire mage, Mantledrake is a good option. Monster drop rate RNG is way better than a gacha RNG.

I'm currently running 5 mages in my team... 3 of them are darkness mages lol (though one is only a mage on their second job which I am currently using)

it's working well enough but I am going to be so screwed if there are enemies resistant to elements :p

I'm sure having a mage team is totally fine because of how powerful magic is in this. I was talking generally if people aren't as lucky, they might want to pad out their team to have an answer to another type.

Gizuko

Hello everyone
Excuse me, but I'm fairly new to the game, so I'd like to ask for some help here.

Right now I have Amazora, Nakupí (job2), A'merpact, zenzoze, Grace. (job2) and Kuscah in my main party. the are all around lvl29-30 and I'm currently on ch9-3.

Thing is, I have got some useful underleveled characters that might be more useful. Among them, Daiana, Manmer, Korin, Jaguna, Ba'gunar. I'm sitting on 16000g as well, and can level any char except Grace, nakupí and kuscah.

I have read that nakupí is a very niche character, but maybe it'll work with amazora and daiana? I just don't know who I should switch or add a job to, though.

Well my Bahamut's at 64/65
But I think Fire with a 20% proc rate isn't much better than the counter lol.

When the game first came out they tweeted out a code that gave you 5 energy for an extra premium pull.
The Kuscah promo gives you a free Kuscah along with your other starter unit which guarantees you a strong healer.
How do I do the Kuscah promo?

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
After promoting Daiana finally got an archer and S-ranked one at that with Alika. Now I need to get the mats for her second job so I don't have to see that weird illustration.

Hige

Right now I have Amazora, Nakupí (job2), A'merpact, zenzoze, Grace. (job2) and Kuscah in my main party. the are all around lvl29-30 and I'm currently on ch9-3.

Thing is, I have got some useful underleveled characters that might be more useful. Among them, Daiana, Manmer, Korin, Jaguna, Ba'gunar. I'm sitting on 16000g as well, and can level any char except Grace, nakupí and kuscah.
I'd take out Nakupi and put in Ba'gunar or Daiana. Ba'gunar would give your team full elemental coverage, and capsule abilities can be nice for some later chapters, but he doesn't really unlock more attack skills until level 35 on job 2.

Daiana's a bit of a mixed bag since she suffers from a terrible job 2, but if you can unlock job 3 right away you only have to get to level 15 for a second offensive spell. You might find Mantledrake (from 7-10) more useful before you can get there. I have her jobs at level 65/35/70 and she's fairly strong.

It's best to keep at least a couple of characters leveled on the side that way you can change your party when necessary.

linkent

Wow 28-6 boss sux without panacea.
Leveling gatz or eileen to 65. Gonna take a long time.

I tried it wth rzonand since he can clarity and rise and shine. But he himself got confused and sleep without his 2nd and 3rd job immunity.

So make me wonder whether it is worth it to level those character for panacea when it is possible for them to be unable to cast it if they get status ailment.

Deitus

some of it does suck, I won't deny it, but it being all over the place lets me feel like it's a project of love from japan, with so many extra talented people involved with character creation. And if this extra talent had to make their stuff look the same, it would defeat the purpose of having a certain artist design a character for you as you would want them to do it in their style.

Don't get me wrong, I do mostly agree with you. It's great that they have been able to get all kinds of talented individuals designing characters, and I wouldn't want to hide that. I don't even mind that the characters very obviously look like they were designed by different people. It's just frustrating when there is no cohesive sense of style to them.

For the most part, I think it works fine. The variety of character types in the game allows for an eclectic mix of character designs without standing out too much, with a few notable exceptions. The dips in quality are somewhat noticeable though.

I think Viscount O'eyl is just a particularly egregious exception. He looks phoned in. He's not a bad design on his own, he just looks like he belongs in a more cartoony game. It looks like his character designer (who I know nothing about, so forgive me if I'm way off base here) was asked to design a character for this game, and designed it knowing nothing about the game and never having even seen the game. That doesn't sound like a project of love to me. I prefer the idea of talented artists working together to design a cohesive world, and being invested in the success of the project. Instead, at least at times, it seems like we are getting big name artists who are doing one-off contract work, and then never having anything to do with the game again. I suppose that is to be expected with a mobile game, but it's still a little disappointing.

Of course I could also be way off base here, and there is some other reason why some characters don't look like they belong in the game.

Gizuko

I'd take out Nakupi and put in Ba'gunar or Daiana. Ba'gunar would give your team full elemental coverage, and capsule abilities can be nice for some later chapters, but he doesn't really unlock more attack skills until level 35 on job 2.

Daiana's a bit of a mixed bag since she suffers from a terrible job 2, but if you can unlock job 3 right away you only have to get to level 15 for a second offensive spell. You might find Mantledrake (from 7-10) more useful before you can get there. I have her jobs at level 65/35/70 and she's fairly strong.

It's best to keep at least a couple of characters leveled on the side that way you can change your party when necessary.

Thank you for the advice, I didn't know wether I should try to balance a group towards having al elements and weapons or just go with whatever for now.

I do have a couple of leveled characters aside form the main ones, Daiana is lvl29 and korin is around 23, but they were still a bit below the rest of them. I will probably swap Nakupi with Ba'gunar for now, and change again once I can afford Daiana's 3rd job.

think I'll job-upgrade Kuscah and A'merpect meanwhile

Qmzn

Neo Member
Thanks to tips in this thread and elsewhere on the internet, I defeated the last boss this morning.

Final team: https://i.imgur.com/YJY3EVa.jpg

Thoughts:
All 70 Kuscah had no problem soloing heal duty, but MVP was Lunato, hands down. Evasive Arts, Petrify Arrows, and that fourth super bar made some of the late-game stages very, very easy. If I fight the last boss again (though I'm not sure why I would), I will definitely swap Attack +10% for Petrification Guard Adjacent to protect against status vomit.

Jennish is great, like any SS mage, Koko is a fortress of high HP, Daiana is all-around solid, but Czekras leaves something to be desired. He was my first SS pull, and while I love his design, his third job skill set is weak, he lacks an HP boost, and Add Action is a novelty that doesn't work on bosses and rarely works on normal enemies. I know he's the king of max damage potential, but that potential is locked away behind multiple grinds to Lv.65 at SS XP levels. It's greedy, but I think I would have preferred a sword that's strong at 35/35/35 and doesn't heal late-game ice baddies, like Sha'plar or Zuzu.

Total expenditure, $7, for key energy refills when blitzing King Metal Zones. My last two drafts were Amina and Suoh, so Mistwalker's RNG continues to be very, very good to me.

Visceir

Czekras leaves something to be desired

Why not just keep him at job2? That's what I'm doing with Zuzu as job3 has Outflank, HP+ and Add Action seem fairly useless to me.

My current team, usually roll with Bahamut and no healer when I'm doing chapter20 or any other stages with no high level boss
KH6Llkr.png

Qmzn

Neo Member
Why not just keep him at job2?

That's what I'll probably end up doing. If I had been smart, I would have leveled up Job 2 instead of Job 3. It's going to to irk me to be sub-4000 HP with the Job 2 defense levels, though.

Piz'fer + A'merpact + Amina, you must eat fire enemies like Bahamut for breakfast.

Visceir

Piz'fer + A'merpact + Amina, you must eat fire enemies like Bahamut for breakfast.

My party was completely immune to 21-7 boss. 100% fire resistance from capsules.

I got a few more ice characters like U'nasag and Gigojago, but I haven't really bothered leveling them.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Is there an efficient way to steamroll chapter 20? Instinct tells me that AoE spells are the way to go, but I don't really have many characters with those. I just have Bahumut with its fire/inferno pincer, Kem with gigaspear cross, and Nakupi and Ka'pori with gigasword cross.

I potentially have (as in, I need to grind them up for it) Kana with Reduce Life 1/3, Rikken with Gigabow Area (don't have her third job unlocked), O'pari and Amazora with their inferno/solar wind arrows/sword, and Metupi with his -20% defense on Oxsecians. Metupi seems like he'd be the best investment, honestly.

edit: Looking at YouTube, seems like Piz'fer and Jennish are the way to go. Damn.

So I'm at 16-10 and this boss is dominating me...any tips? Everyone I have is 40-50 in level...

The boss always uses the same attack patterns, so it becomes very easy to avoid its attacks. Before killing the two healers, they go column slash > row slash > cross slash and then repeat. Once the healers are dead, he just changes the row slash with an absorb heal (all) which will leave your entire team with 1hp.

Honestly, just be patient and prioritize your team's safety to getting an attack every turn. If a character needs to die because you can't move them all, I recommend leaving the healer behind so he can't keep leeching HP points.

I'm currently farming it hoping to find an Asclepius for Amimari. Good luck!

zulux21

hmmm with my pull today I have to decide if I want to continue to use Zenzoze who I have had from the start or switch to Olber who is a weird little character, but would add a bit more healing to my team (who can mostly self heal >.>)

Visceir

My weekly pull:
Ubeds3y.png

Guess I'll actually have a reason to spend my stamina again now.

ironically orichalcum is one of the few mats I dont have 3 of

Edit: got the orichalcum and gungnir needed to get her to job3, thank you based treasure hunter

Visceir

what is good about olber? he seems like an alright support but I don't see anything amazing about him o.o;

Hes the ultimate tank character. If you get all his skills he should be pretty much invincible.

His capsules reduce physical damage for the entire part, the evasive arts skill has been really good for me as a defensive party buff and Self Sacrifice allows him to take damage for the entire party and increases the survivability of glass cannons like S'naip.

Folstern

what is good about olber? he seems like an alright support but I don't see anything amazing about him o.o;
With his physical capsules he makes the team invulnerable to physical attacks. And he's the only character with Sacrifice, which I see a lot of so far untapped potential in. And personally I have Djugan, Samantha and Ma'curi, so an all spear, super tanky, (damage to be determined) team seems fun.

zulux21

Hes the ultimate tank character. If you get all his skills he should be pretty much invincible.

His capsules reduce physical damage for the entire part, the evasive arts skill has been really good for me as a defensive party buff and Self Sacrifice allows him to take damage for the entire party and increases the survivability of glass cannons like S'naip.
Ah so likely a good character to add to my mage team.

Visceir

So no new event this weekend? This would be a serious buzzkill if I hadn't just gotten Yukken.

Some new information about the leviathan dungeon/event showed up. 3 difficulties/dungeons with the highest being for lvl 65+, supposedly it's harder than the final boss of the game.

The highest level also guarantees the monster drop and the weapon drop to advance jobs.

I wrecked 16-10 boss kinda fast,

mind you my piz'fer and czekras all got most of their lv 35 job skills.

when he drained hp and got all my chars to 1 hp i got a little nervous, but a well placed P block and 3 x 3 character placement for maximun damage nipped that ish in the bud.

most of my characters are 36-45

mjc

Once I did what you guys recommended, it was pretty easy to dodge 16-10's attacks until he was weak enough. I got lucky and was able to line up a nice combo attack on him to finish it off.

Qmzn

Neo Member
The highest level also guarantees the monster drop and the weapon drop to advance jobs.

Are we talking stuff like Animaton/Excalibur for existing characters, or just the stuff for advancing Leviathan?

Been leveling Amina and other various A ranks today. Looking at Amina's skills, I keep wondering if SS healers are really better than B rank Kuscah/Sorman, especially in boss battles.

Heal Giga/Mega/All x 1.5 is 4050 HP to characters in the chain, and 1050 HP to everyone else. Tera/Giga/Mega x 1.5 is 6750 HP to the chain, which is overkill at current Lv.70 HP levels. Tera x 1.5 makes more sense at 3750 HP, which does open up 3 slots for Magic Defense and Guard skills. I think that's the right math, though I'm not sure how much MATK is required to hit the heal caps.

B ranks get Restorative Counter, which makes them very, very hard to kill with physical attacks. SS gets better res spells, useful if Mistwalker starts hitting us with really nasty dungeons where you are guaranteed to lose a character each round, but pointless in a single-round boss fight. SS has better stats and guard skills, but I doubt something that 1HKO's Kuscah won't do the same to Amina.

Looking at my future ideal party, it seems something like Kuscah + Zeera will keep the entire party healed and free of petrify/demoralize by simply pincer attacking any isolated minion, while Ami-whatevers have to run around and line up for chain heals.

Hige

Finally got Piz'fer to 100% skill boost! He's basically never left my party since day one. My second highest is only at 60% (Kuscah). I can't imagine getting a melee character to 100%.

Yea my Samatha has been in my party since Day 1 as well and she's only at like 35 B%.

I'm still having trouble picking a character to round out my main team.
I currently have:

Samatha
Amimari
Gatz
Bahamut
A'merpact

I kind of want either a dark or bow character to have complete coverage. (I know that's not optimal but I'm just OCD like that haha)
For Dark users I've been levelling up a Zenzoze for Deathguard as well.
For Bow users I have Grace, O'pari and Pharl and Metupi.
Really wish I had Puprope haha.
What do you guys think?

Aexact

Been leveling Amina and other various A ranks today. Looking at Amina's skills, I keep wondering if SS healers are really better than B rank Kuscah/Sorman, especially in boss battles.
Yeah, the SS healers seem to be the least useful of their class. Not having Heal All kinda cancels out anything else they have to offer, you can get pretty close to a full heal with a Power Point, which you'd probably be generating a lot of in boss battles. Leveling at the speed of SS characters is also a pretty big downside.

Top Bottom