• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Visceir

Are we talking stuff like Animaton/Excalibur for existing characters, or just the stuff for advancing Leviathan?

Probably just the weapon you need for the job change.

Looking at my future ideal party, it seems something like Kuscah + Zeera will keep the entire party healed and free of petrify/demoralize by simply pincer attacking any isolated minion, while Ami-whatevers have to run around and line up for chain heals.

This is why I would have much rather prefer Rikken to Yukken. Her Heal All would have brought me closer to ditching healers all together and her bow job3 would have worked better with the rest of my team as both her and Alika would have benefited from Pahrl's bow buffs (frequency/defence) and perhaps even from Manmer's negate/augment circle for bow users. All of it would have worked so well together. With Yukken I could only do that with her job1 (Bow)

Yea my Samatha has been in my party since Day 1 as well and she's only at like 35 B%.?

Mages do have the benefit of triggering most of their skills even when they aren't the ones initiating the pincer attack and as they deal quite a lot of damage you usually make sure they are part of the pincer chain.

I had to take Piz'fer out of my party for coin creeps to make sure he doesn't steal any kills. It's a good place to gain B% as power points always spawn.

Edit: new page, might as well add some more fanart
Aikc1bU.jpg

Qmzn

Neo Member
This is why I would have much rather prefer Rikken to Yukken. Her Heal All would have brought me closer to ditching healers all together and her bow job3 would have worked better with the rest of my team as both her and Alika would have benefited from Pahrl's bow buffs (frequency/defence) and perhaps even from Manmer's negate/augment circle for bow users. All of it would have worked so well together.

I hear that. I didn't understand the versatility of Rikken or the Remedy/Heal pop idol hybrids until Chapter 20+, where missing a first round SS mage chain setup led to desperate games of Control Time +2 musical chairs, waiting for sleep and confuse to wear off. Now, I'd rather have a team that sacrifices some raw damage for constant healing and skill negation, leaving some room for player error or oddball positioning glitches between rounds.

What do you guys think?

Zenzoze. I took him to 50 in the first two jobs, when he hits 65/65/65 I'll be using him again. He's one of the best Bs in my opinion, based off the same template as Koko, good for taking down nasty 50+ sword minions and lightning mobs. Levels up fast. Downside is low HP/defense. He can get one-shotted by a decent bow, so keep away from those.

Blu(e)

Finally pulled a mage (A'merpact) to replace that Stonefolk Mage I had. With the M ATK +, it looks like he'll be a good substitute until I get an SS mage.

GeoGonzo

I know I'm very happy with A'merpact myself. He gets things done and almost only gets replaced by Bahamut on maps with many ice enemies.

zulux21

Finally pulled a mage (A'merpact) to replace that Stonefolk Mage I had. With the M ATK +, it looks like he'll be a good substitute until I get an SS mage.

he isn't bad, I use him in my pudding zone runs and thus have leveled him up. for balance reasons I likely should use him more, but I can't resist my collection of higher level mages ><:

Blu(e)

he isn't bad, I use him in my pudding zone runs and thus have leveled him up. for balance reasons I likely should use him more, but I can't resist my collection of higher level mages ><:
He came at a super convenient time as well as I just got to the Phoenix boss. Will have to farm some Benevolent Fang to get his 2nd job for his anti fire capsules. What balance reasons? You feeling bad about AOEing everything in sight?

zulux21

He came at a super convenient time as well as I just got to the Phoenix boss. Will have to farm some Benevolent Fang to get his 2nd job for his anti fire capsules. What balance reasons? You feeling bad about AOEing everything in sight?

mostly it's the running 4 dark characters thing. my main team for a bit was 4 dark mages, 1 fire, and 1 support. now it's 3 dark mages, 1 fire, and 2 support.

Hige

Blade Falcon's Swordspin, All attack is pretty weak. That's disappointing, but probably good for my sanity/wallet since he's not as easy to acquire as Ethereal was. Apparently you can't get a code through the digital magazine this time, which you can't even purchase unless you bypass the region block via VPN.

Soulflarz

Banned
Oh. Did 26-10

You dont even really have to try for that fight

I guesssss I'm close enough to the end that I should finish it eventually....

Kain

I'm in 21 and I have a question, is there some kind of end game or when you finish the game you just level up the rest of the characters in the old stages?

I'm really liking the game so far, it's surprising for me a F2P like this has me so hooked.

Mainly because I haven't spent a single euro yet (and I'm not planning to) and I'm having fun, something I couldn't say of other F2P (Plants vs Zombies 2 I'm looking at you >_>)

Hige

Oh. Did 26-10

You dont even really have to try for that fight

I guesssss I'm close enough to the end that I should finish it eventually....
If I remember correctly, I think chapter 26 and 28 were the ones I found the hardest out of 26-30. Probably because I think I was starting to get underleveled by the end since I was just trying to get through story mode without too many distractions like exp grinding or hunting zones.

I'm in 21 and I have a question, is there some kind of end game or when you finish the game you just level up the rest of the characters in the old stages?
No end game material so far. I beat the game two weeks ago and I'm still getting entertainment out of leveling other characters and trying out different teams. If you're "lucky" you can pull a dupe character once a week like I just did today. :(

Hate to say it but they're way too slow on content in this game. It's been how long and we still don't have the 3rd Bahamut job event?

There won't be anyone playing any more if they keep up this snails pace.

They should be releasing new event dungeons at least every other week.

Visceir

Hate to say it but they're way too slow on content in this game. It's been how long and we still don't have the 3rd Bahamut job event?

There won't be anyone playing any more if they keep up this snails pace.

They should be releasing new event dungeons at least every other week.

Yup, dunno why they didn't have en event this weekend. Right now is the critical time when people are getting to the end of the game and are looking for more things to do and keep them hooked.

Meanwhile I did coin creeps all weekend. I've collected ~650 k coin, which means more than 200 chances to get a new character if they'll be available through coin pact.

Most runs only take just a couple of minutes so it's easy enough to still do them "just in case"

Also discovered that coin creeps has a king too, after all those runs I've done I've only encountered it once.

did coin creep event.

a king came out. someone called during and the game crashed.

i reloaded thinking it would just reset the stage like normal.

it did, but without the king ;-;

Irobot82

I think I have awful luck. For around the last four or five job recruitments, I've been gettin the same characters I already have. So frustrating, my co-workers has a least 2 SS characters and I still have none.

Just started playing this and I'm liking it so far. I still need to get the hang of it though. Are there any good tutorials for this game? I don't like the fact that you can't really plan your moves in advance (kinda like a preview in XCOM or something).

Blu(e)

New sweepstakes has Blade Falcon as a prize. Requires you send a replay of a fight against the final boss at the end of any chapter. My phone is too old so I can't even use the recording function lol.

Hige

Just started playing this and I'm liking it so far. I still need to get the hang of it though. Are there any good tutorials for this game? I don't like the fact that you can't really plan your moves in advance (kinda like a preview in XCOM or something).
Terrabattlex.com has some guides. The Advanced Movement guide was a game changer for me. There's a tips section in the options menu as well. Is there anything in particular you had questions about?

Datschge

Taking the game slowly and enjoying it in tiny pieces. Considering new content seems slow to come I'll keep it that way. (Maybe they are working at adding multiplayer and battle animations atm?)

Oh look, another shit event that requires some idiotic sweepstakes that only a few people are going to win, and require you to do something other than playing the game.

Soulflarz

Banned
They very likely just weren't prepared for it. I don't think the download starter was supposed to have fulfilled goals every other day etc.

Gonna have to agree. Im curious how much of their money they made back/made over it.

Andd beat that 27 boss, first try. Yeah, thanks kitty :D

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
FUCK 21-7

Holy shit, worst fight. It doesn't help that the game has given me nothing but fire/lightning mages. I made it out with two characters on their death beds. Thankfully they both had self: mega heal equipped, otherwise the leftover mob enemies would've killed them.

edit: My team was Bahl (62, job 2), Kuscah (63, job 1), Rikken (51, job 2), Yukken (49, job 3), Kem (58, job 3), and Nakupi (57, job 3). Yukken and Kem were the last survivors, although Nakupi was alive post-boss too until one of the mob enemies got to him.

anaron

Taking the game slowly and enjoying it in tiny pieces. Considering new content seems slow to come I'll keep it that way. (Maybe they are working at adding multiplayer and battle animations atm?)
My mantra. :)

TB is perfect just before bed so that you can use all your stamina and have it ready in the morning.

Also, did the Tavern always have different music? Cuz if it did I somehow just now noticed it today and I like.

just opened up zone 4. i've wondered if i been playing the game too slow relative to other people.

but this goes with my promise to my self now to fall to f2p tendencies and buy any more energy than the $15 i applied at first.

(also got another fucking z'ronand from energy pull)

EGM92

I could use some help/tips with Chapter 26. I had serious trouble on 26-1 because one of my main damage dealers dealt ice damage which pretty much heals eveything :mad:. I've since leveled up Bahls second job to level 70 as well as Ba'gunars second job and Kuscahs second as well. I barely got past 26-1. 26-2 is just stupid, there are just way too many enemies to take out before the 'GUY' starts attacking and pretty much wipes out my maxed out characters in one attack.

Can anyone give me some tips/suggestions?

Akito

Running through ch20 over and over again has become really boring and I'll also be running out of characters I want to level soon enough cause PoF just doesn't want to give me one of the SS characters. New events pls?

EGM92

Running through ch20 over and over again has become really boring and I'll also be running out of characters I want to level soon enough cause PoF just doesn't want to give me one of the SS characters. New events pls?

I've spent over 150k gold recruiting, either I have extreme bad luck or there are no 'named' characters that drop from PoF. The most I've got were Class A Celestial Dragons

I could use some help/tips with Chapter 26. I had serious trouble on 26-1 because one of my main damage dealers dealt ice damage which pretty much heals eveything :mad:. I've since leveled up Bahls second job to level 70 as well as Ba'gunars second job and Kuscahs second as well. I barely got past 26-1. 26-2 is just stupid, there are just way too many enemies to take out before the 'GUY' starts attacking and pretty much wipes out my maxed out characters in one attack.

Can anyone give me some tips/suggestions?

You're not obliged to kill everything before what's-his-name starts attacking, what I did was arrange everyone in a horizontal line so he can't attack anyone. He leaves after 3 turns.

EGM92

You're not obliged to kill everything before what's-his-name starts attacking, what I did was arrange everyone in a horizontal line so he can't attack anyone. He leaves after 3 turns.

Ah damnit. alright I didn't know that. I killed everything in round one and he left right away. I thought I had to do that for all 3 rounds.

Akito

I've spent over 150k gold recruiting, either I have extreme bad luck or there are no 'named' characters that drop from PoF. The most I've got were Class A Celestial Dragons
I've spent probably 500k and still nothing but it's only a matter of time and endurance, you are guaranteed to get those drops after you've spent enough money.

Hige

That's nothing. I've spent roughly 960k coins (320 pulls) and haven't pulled any of the special characters yet. I read that the chance of pulling an SS character from PoF is under 1% or something.

Dispatch

I'm really low level in the game, but feel like I've gotten super lucky, as I've pulled twoSS characters, Gugba the Hefty, and Koko the Igneous, and another S character, Pupropu the Hope.

I'm really enjoying the game so far, though.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
The music for the chapter 21+ area is so good. I need to find it on youtube or something because I can't stop listening to it. Wish it would play in the earlier areas too, since I'm sick of that track.

Visceir

1.2 Million get! New song from Uematsu.

At this point those things seem rather meaningless, they haven't even gotten around to adding the 600 k downloads rewards. The 1.2 and 1.3 mil awards aren't all that exciting or appealing either.

Got my Yukken to lvl 35+ on all jobs, will be leveling her up some more when I stumble on the right metal zones but otherwise I'm letting a lot of stamina go to waste.

Top Bottom