• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

mjc

Hit another roadblock at 17-3's boss...any tips? My team is around levels 45-55 and I'm still getting dominated.

Zorbane

Neo Member
Hit another roadblock at 17-3's boss...any tips? My team is around levels 45-55 and I'm still getting dominated.

Target the normal monsters before focusing on the boss. Once they are gone it just becomes a battle of attrition where you should win since you have a healer.

You can use the battle pictures on terrabattlex to try plan where you want to place your guys when you finish battle #2

http://www.terrabattlex.com/chapters/intruder-alert/stage/3

Aexact

I've spent over 150k gold recruiting, either I have extreme bad luck or there are no 'named' characters that drop from PoF. The most I've got were Class A Celestial Dragons

I've spent probably 500k and still nothing but it's only a matter of time and endurance, you are guaranteed to get those drops after you've spent enough money.

That's nothing. I've spent roughly 960k coins (320 pulls) and haven't pulled any of the special characters yet. I read that the chance of pulling an SS character from PoF is under 1% or something.

...!!!
Man, I really should've stopped right after opening Hunting Zone 3 and just grinded coins, haha. So many monsters in the pool now. Guess it wouldn't have really helped, the fact that there's five generic C mages for each element and each weapon for each of the four races, that's 32 characters right there and they've been there since the start. Nice art though. I know a guy, he's not using Kuscah and using a generic human healer cause he wanted to run an all girl team. Jokes on him though, he didn't realize Sh'erbadan wasn't a woman till I pointed it out.

Akito

...!!!
Man, I really should've stopped right after opening Hunting Zone 3 and just grinded coins, haha. So many monsters in the pool now. Guess it wouldn't have really helped, the fact that there's five generic C mages for each element and each weapon for each of the four races, that's 32 characters right there and they've been there since the start. Nice art though. I know a guy, he's not using Kuscah and using a generic human healer cause he wanted to run an all girl team. Jokes on him though, he didn't realize Sh'erbadan wasn't a woman till I pointed it out.
He needs to step up his game

m5kIJ3h.jpg
No, not my screen

I played the hell out of Terra Battle for 30 consecutive days and then forgot to open the app in a fit of day drinking and now I'm back to 1 consecutive day bonus. I can't bring myself to care again, which is a shame. I just picked up my first SS!

I played the hell out of Terra Battle for 30 consecutive days and then forgot to open the app in a fit of day drinking and now I'm back to 1 consecutive day bonus. I can't bring myself to care again, which is a shame. I just picked up my first SS!

The bonus cycles every 8 or 9 days, so it's not like you're losing anything major.

The bonus cycles every 8 or 9 days, so it's not like you're losing anything major.

Thanks for the tip. That actually does help. It's how I've played the game this whole time. I was just grinding the Metal Zone until I could take down stage 1 Bahamut. For the most part I just grind anytime I happen to catch the Zone open and treat the game more like Pokemon card collecting. I just love the pretty art and have stayed away from looking at the art designs online because I love being in love with every new character! I had it in my head that there would be big rewards on like 25 and 50 consecutive days so now I don't feel like I missed out.

Thanks for the tip. That actually does help. It's how I've played the game this whole time. I was just grinding the Metal Zone until I could take down stage 1 Bahamut. For the most part I just grind anytime I happen to catch the Zone open and treat the game more like Pokemon card collecting. I just love the pretty art and have stayed away from looking at the art designs online because I love being in love with every new character! I had it in my head that there would be big rewards on like 25 and 50 consecutive days so now I don't feel like I missed out.

At 30 days there's 3 energy, but aside from that, there's no known additional "big rewards".

Visceir

At 30 days there's 3 energy, but aside from that, there's no known additional "big rewards".

60 days too, I'm guessing that there's 3 energy every 30 days. But that one doesn't reset, I think. Atleast from what I remember mine didn't reset when I stopped ~day 5 and then continued on later.

Now that I have negotiator pro I could start to slowly eliminate monsters from the coin pool by just capturing them over and over. Not really in the mood for it right now, but I'm glad I have the option.

Don't really care about any of the current SS characters that are in the coin pacts, but I'm hoping the new ones that will get eventually added will be available through that too.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
60 days too, I'm guessing that there's 3 energy every 30 days. But that one doesn't reset, I think. Atleast from what I remember mine didn't reset when I stopped ~day 5 and then continued on later.

Now that I have negotiator pro I could start to slowly eliminate monsters from the coin pool by just capturing them over and over. Not really in the mood for it right now, but I'm glad I have the option.

Don't really care about any of the current SS characters that are in the coin pacts, but I'm hoping the new ones that will get eventually added will be available through that too.
Did you look at Sheena?

Visceir

Did you look at Sheena?

No tera attacks and the rest of her skills aren't all too appealing either. Honestly, Gugba and/or another SS mage are all I care for right about now. Boobs alone aren't worth the SS leveling curve.

Hope I won't be too fucked if Leviathan turns out to be ice element, haha. I do have plenty of backup characters to replace Piz'fer and A'merpact, but none of them demolish the board quite like that bro team.

I've gotten my bahamut up to 17.8% B tho! Still need that third job tho, c'mon Mistwalker! :(

Edit: RIkken would be acceptable too, I could use that heal all bow type!

linkent

Left with last stage.
Gonna keep it as backup energy refill.
Meanwhile any idea of a stage that is short but has high exp reward and even better if has recruitable monster?
Currently farming 30-4 which has really easy monster line up and 100k exp. not sure whether it has recruitable or not though.

I think Sheena's worth it just because she is the strongest person with a panacea like skill. Status effects are annoying if you ever get hit by it, even if the best solution is kill everything that can cause a status effect before it moves, it's good to have a backup plan in against something goes wrong. I remember trying to play story chapters with my B-team to level them up because most of the characters I usually use are all at 70, and someone got petrified next to an enemy in the corner, which meant I couldn't attack them. Pretty bullshit since there's nothing you can do to displace a petrified unit, and that asshole didn't move out of the corner. I think in general they should have something for obstacles like boulders, where if you at least have 2 sides of the enemy you can hit them, because one time an enemy was against 2 boulders in a way I couldn't pincer him.

Gatz is also good as a panacea wielder since he also has treasure hunter and levitation. I would like to have him even though I don't necessarily need him. I don't even need treasure hunter because I have most of my 3rd classes and extra items, but goddamn I still need that bahamut item. That shit didn't drop the whole weekend. That's the only goddamn time I really felt miffed from RNG because otherwise I got through the game fine.

double character glitch?

http://imgur.com/a/3totn

oh my fanart

Rikken is the superior sister! She doesn't even need to lose an arm to negotiate like a pro!

Also how did that glitch happen? I rolled Pupropu recently, sort of interested in trying it out even though I have 2 SS mages.

seem's to be random
http://www.reddit.com/r/TerraBattle/comments/2ndx25/happened_today/

I was doing something else so I didn't notice how it happened. It was around the 3rd battle if I remember correctly. I was surprised when I realized there were already seven people in my squad. And what's more, I was able to control the duplicate. It really helped a lot getting through the rest of the run because my squad's level at that time were lower than the average level of the zone (12-15, only Eileen was in her 30s)

Just finished chapter 28. I had heard the boss was nasty, but i had wayyyy more trouble with the boss immediately before, on 28-9. Hardest boss in the game so far imo. 28-10 was pretty straightforward i felt.

Folstern

Gatz is also good as a panacea wielder since he also has treasure hunter and levitation. I would like to have him even though I don't necessarily need him. I don't even need treasure hunter because I have most of my 3rd classes and extra items, but goddamn I still need that bahamut item. That shit didn't drop the whole weekend. That's the only goddamn time I really felt miffed from RNG because otherwise I got through the game fine.

Rikken is the superior sister! She doesn't even need to lose an arm to negotiate like a pro!
Agreed on Rikken and Gatz, looking to one day having both of them. Best of the respective Negotiator Pro/Treasure Hunter characters.

Camellia can also be a powerhouse if given an all male team, and she's in the SS coin pact.

linkent

Just finished chapter 28. I had heard the boss was nasty, but i had wayyyy more trouble with the boss immediately before, on 28-9. Hardest boss in the game so far imo. 28-10 was pretty straightforward i felt.

28-9 has a set pattern where the damage can be avoided complerely.
While 28-10 is RNG dependant. Complete it it 1 try too as he target himself and his minion all the time :p
That Marilith is the nastiest one without panecea

28-9 has a set pattern where the damage can be avoided complerely.
While 28-10 is RNG dependant. Complete it it 1 try too as he target himself and his minion all the time :p
That Marilith is the nastiest one without panecea

28-9 cant be avoided completely because he will always hit at least 2 people after a pincer attack. Also the 4 minions are really hard.

Marilith was indeed hard, but it took me fewer attempts than Tiamat. Could have just been my particular party makeup though.

Does 28-10 target on a set pattern? He only used it once when i fought him. It hit one of my guys, but i just kept going and killed him a few turns later

Hige

Left with last stage.
Gonna keep it as backup energy refill.
Meanwhile any idea of a stage that is short but has high exp reward and even better if has recruitable monster?
Currently farming 30-4 which has really easy monster line up and 100k exp. not sure whether it has recruitable or not though.
How many people do you need for 30-4?

I've been running 23-4 a lot since it only takes a couple of minutes. You can recruit Dark Pegawyrm there and I can get just above 80k exp with two characters, but you can get about 100k if you have 4 characters to OHKO everything. I think you need mage AOEs though.

robotnik

What is the best place to grind money/experience? Currently at 21-1 and I don't like 20-1, because need much more time to complete it.

Aexact

I also finished 18 without Levitate. Probably the most interesting chapter, in terms of screwing with the player's gameplan (unless you're one of the Levitate bourgeois). Sure made me carefully commit to my moves and circle cautiously around the enemy until they moved into a good position. What a different approach.

How is it even possible without levitate?

I also beat it without levitate. You just have to move slowly. Most of the enemies have very predictable patterns that are carefully chosen to allow you to find a safe way to attack. For example, on most of the encounters, if you just make empty moves every time, many enemies will never attack you, just keep repeating their pattern while remaining stationary. The only time you get attacked is when you go in for a pincer, or when you ignore their patterns. This means you can spend as many moves as you need to get all your characters into the perfect lineup, and only move in for the kill when you've got the strongest attack you can muster.

As for the spikes, in many levels you only ever have to touch them once or twice if you attack carefully enough.

daydream

Banned
Wish the OP was more helpful/complete.

I finished ch. 04 yesterday, been having a good time with it, great game to play in bed. I started playing a bit of ch. 05 and I've been noticing the game getting significantly more challenging. A few questions I have:

1. Moving forward, will grinding be necessary?
2. What are these zones that pop up? I haven't messed with them, at all.
3. What's a good way to handle your party? Switch around often or can you just roll with the same crew most of the time?

Soulflarz

Banned
Wish the OP was more helpful/complete.

I finished ch. 04 yesterday, been having a good time with it, great game to play in bed. I started playing a bit of ch. 05 and I've been noticing the game getting significantly more challenging. A few questions I have:

1. Moving forward, will grinding be necessary?
2. What are these zones that pop up? I haven't messed with them, at all.
3. What's a good way to handle your party? Switch around often or can you just roll with the same crew most of the time?

1) No unless you get someone new who you like and want to use. Ill answer this more in 2.
2) They allow you to get materials to change jobs and to quickly level someone up, hence ruining any idea of "grinding", as you can boost someone to near your party very quickly (at least, until near end game?)
3) Stick with the same group, switch someone out if theyre terrible for a boss or if you need someone in specific who you dont use but need for a boss/chapter.

daydream

Banned
1) No unless you get someone new who you like and want to use. Ill answer this more in 2.
2) They allow you to get materials to change jobs and to quickly level someone up, hence ruining any idea of "grinding", as you can boost someone to near your party very quickly (at least, until near end game?)
3) Stick with the same group, switch someone out if theyre terrible for a boss or if you need someone in specific who you dont use but need for a boss/chapter.

Thanks! If you don't mind, I have a follow-up question to 2: Are jobs pretty much a matter of preference or are some jobs better than others? I know that you can put skills from one job on another job, so I can see why adding jobs would be useful for that, at least.

Soulflarz

Banned
Thanks! If you don't mind, I have a follow-up question to 2: Are jobs pretty much a matter of preference or are some jobs better than others? I know that you can put skills from one job on another job, so I can see why adding jobs would be useful for that, at least.

I guess its preference if you HATE a certain later one (ie- on zuzu, my swordsman, a lot of people use job 2 cause job 3 has worse skills)

3>2>1 though. Later job= better skills generally, and they have higher base stats.

Visceir

Seems like I finally hit gold, quite literally, this week's pull was Gatz

Guess I have 2 character with Treasure Hunter skill now...do those stack? Haha

It'll be nice to have levitation and panacea available to me -- once I'll actually have him leveled up.

Does demoralize ever work? Or is it's chance rate just super low?

I never tested demoralize but status effects in general are never really that high of a chance unless it specifically says enemies are weak to it within the mission info. Though I find Rikken and Yukken's chaos and paralysis arrows really good. I would say 1/4 to 1/3 of the time they work while also doing megabow damage and when they do, they basically prevent an enemy from doing anything dangerous for 3 turns (or it might be 2. I really don't know because they usually are set up to die soon after). I found it really useful because in later chapters some enemies are in really awkward positions to hit and if you let them attack they can cause nasty status effects or do something annoying like revive their allies. I think the status effects are really strong when they land, so if the planned pvp was a team vs. team (that is unless they set it up a different way) I think seeing status effects in there can be really annoying, even if you have a 1 out of 3 shot to land it, it can screw you over pretty bad.

Top Bottom