• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Soulflarz

Banned
W-what the hell? Fighting the kraken, and i got 2 people on his left and two on his right, but as i move the last unit into place, he kinda...warped up?
what the hell >.<

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Thank you RNGesus for giving me Zafitte a couple of weeks ago. Levitation really makes Chapter 18 become sorta trivial.

seady

Ok after almost 30 re-rolls with no SS rank, I am going to stop rolling with the S rank I have now. Is Sha'plar any good?

zulux21

4 Darkness atttacks + Control Time, he's pretty good.

not good enough for you to get her gender correct :(
Sha'plar is a lizardwoman whose skin has turned purple from prolonged contact with miasma. Miasma permeated her food, her bathwater, and the air she breathed. After a a time, her body managed to conquer and coexist with it.

The hands of any who dare touch her rot away.

but yeah she isn't bad.

zulux21

My bad. She's a handsome err, ah, lizard woman.

yeah I though she was a guy by looking at her as well :p

so a few random questions... is pudding/tin worth running in hunting zone 3 or should I just stick to 2 and get an extra run?

also what is the best way to get forlorn stones... as my wife is only getting like 1 per puppet time 2 run.

Hige

yeah I though she was a guy by looking at her as well :p

so a few random questions... is pudding/tin worth running in hunting zone 3 or should I just stick to 2 and get an extra run?

also what is the best way to get forlorn stones... as my wife is only getting like 1 per puppet time 2 run.
I mostly run HZ3 these days. At max difficulty level it seems to give about the same or better drops per stamina compared to HZ2. I didn't think HZ3 was worth it when I first unlocked it, so I think increasing the difficulty level of the zone (by having a high average party level) is what made a difference. I had a really lucky tin parade run on HZ3 with one treasure hunter (if that matters) where I got 10 tears/particles, but it usually gives me 1-4 rare drops normally. Pudding time seems to have shit drop rates in general. I get 0-1 drops in HZ2 and 0-3 drops in HZ3.

For puppet show items, maybe try HZ1? Terra Battle X suggests that different zones drop different materials, but I don't know if that's true. I always seem to be low on wisdom flowers and benevolent fangs, personally.

Yay rolled Rikken.

I'm on chapter 24 but spent a bunch of time grinding 20 and have just about everyone in their final set up. My character pool of useful characters looks something like:

SS
Lewto (boss, never leaving my party)
Koko
Sheena
Rikken

S
Bahamut
Lunato (ok he sucks)

A
A'merpact
Eileen
Kana

B
Ma'curi (sub boss)
Sh'berdan
Kuscah (of course)

Between Sheena and Rikken, I wonder if I can ditch Kuscah and run: Lewto, A'merpact, Ma'curi, Koko, Rikken, Sheena

RinSatori

Banned
Its saddens me how they waste their talent on mobile games now days. even though this game is pretty decent. they should be making console games.

anaron

Its saddens me how they waste their talent on mobile games now days. even though this game is pretty decent. they should be making console games.
Uh...

The game is fantastic and will lead to a console version of it. They don't have much of a financial choice in getting to do whatever they want and with Japan's market the way it is, this is very good business for them.

RinSatori

Banned
Uh...

The game is fantastic and will lead to a console version of it. They don't have much of a financial choice in getting to do whatever they want and with Japan's market the way it is, this is very good business for them.

There are like 20 identical games on the Japanese app store.

Nothing special about it

Hige

Approximately 331 coin pulls later, I got my first promo character, Maralme! I've already pulled Jaguna from the energy pact, ugh. I don't understand why they gave her such terrible stats. I think the only thing worse than pulling a dupe is pulling Jaguna. And the only thing worse than that is pulling a dupe of Jaguna. I'm starting to consider spending my free energy on stamina refills to make coin farming faster to remove the special characters from energy pulls. Is anyone else thinking about doing that?

Good bless the time zone exploit, 3 days of coin creeps farming ahoi.
*fist bump*

Visceir

Approximately 331 coin pulls later, I got my first promo character, Maralme! I've already pulled Jaguna from the energy pact, ugh. I don't understand why they gave her such terrible stats. I think the only thing worse than pulling a dupe is pulling Jaguna. And the only thing worse than that is pulling a dupe of Jaguna. I'm starting to consider spending my free energy on stamina refills to make coin farming faster to remove the special characters from energy pulls. Is anyone else thinking about doing that?

*fist bump*

I've been rather lucky with recent energy pulls...then again I've probably exhausted all my luck now and should quit it while I'm ahead, haha. I do like that weekly roll for a new unit tho, even if there are very-very few that I would actually want and would bother leveling.

5 energy = 500 stamina = ~200 000 more coins every weekend.

I guess the upside for no bahamut/weekend event is that there is no hesitation to spend stamina on coin creeps.

Edit: then again if none of the current coin characters really interest you and you're doing it for the future characters then you might as well save the energy and use it sometimes later in future in one weekend.

Hige

Well, I mainly want Sheena from the coin pacts. Camellia and Suoh aren't bad either. I'm considering spending the energy on stamina refreshes because I would eventually get the promo characters from energy pulls anyway, so it's almost the same thing? Plus it would make obtaining future promo characters easy if they put them in coin pacts as well. I'll get there eventually, it's just deciding how fast I want to get there that's the problem. :p Spending energy on stamina refreshes would shave off like 3 weeks from where I'm at right now.

It's definitely not as satisfying as a free character pull per week, though. Zeera would make coin farming faster, and Rikken/Yukken would make farming monsters during the week easier and thus lower the amount of coins I need. Plus the anticipation of maybe pulling some other S/SS character is always fun. I don't know if Negotiator is really noticeable, but farming monsters during the week when I can't earn coins is a total crapshoot. Doesn't really seem worth it unless the level also gives good exp (23-4 FTW) or items.

*fist bump*

I just pulled a Jaguna with 5 energy. Shit is sad, someone definitely must have made a typo or something with those stats.

I don't know about negotiator but negotiator pro is really awesome and makes a difference. I got all the farmable bosses in 28, except Marilith on my first try fighting them.

On another note, I want to farm Tiamat right now after I level some characters because he basically a single target (or pincer) mage, since his spells are all tera level but do not aoe like the SS mages. He would be good if I were boss rushing and had other characters cover the aoe criteria. Though to be honest end game, mages aren't that broken, it feels physical characters beat them quite convincingly when they start the pincer, but the main strength of the mage is just to add additional damage within the chain, while the pincer starter is the "meat" of it, since it seems the enemies like the bosses like lich and Tiamat have pretty high elemental defense. Though mages clear trash the best. Even with double chaining mages, characters like S'naip and Bahl do much more than Zerro or Jennish on my team because that 1.5x buff stacks. I've gotten 100% and 150% physical damage on the buff sheet multiple times, but since one group of stacks wears off every turn (since it is a 2 turn buff) I wouldn't be surprised if it hit 200%-300% during the attacking action. If I was pincering a boss, having Bahl and Snaip activate their pincer 2nd is really crazy.

Between Sheena and Rikken, I wonder if I can ditch Kuscah and run: Lewto, A'merpact, Ma'curi, Koko, Rikken, Sheena

I use Snaip, Bahl, Sheena, Rikken, Zerro, and Jennish. I beat the game with it. Kuscah obviously heals better than both of them and Sheena doesn't heal too much with conversion rite, unless she pincers a whole group of people or is attacking a bow user (even then it just reaches mega heal levels, unless you own a whole line of enemies). But using both of them I can top of my team pretty well since they have a decent amount of bonus percentage, so it activates often. A power point is decent enough for Rikken and Sheena to significantly heal my team while keep attacking, while . Sheena is decent at attacking even with no terablade. I notice the numbers of her gigasword are hitting close (and above in many cases, though she needs to be the pincer) to what mages do on endgame enemies due to the high magic resistance as I mentioned above. But overall you won't be impressed with the numbers from the healing, but it's good enough imo to beat the game without lots of casualties.

zulux21

*fist bump*

I just got Jaguna... I got Maralme a few weeks ago from the coins. All I have been doing this weekend is running coin creep 3.

zulux21

how do you locate the terra battle save data?
an update on my tablet borked my wife's account, and the game won't launch on her side (but does on mine and a third user) she didn't write down her info despite being told to, so I am hoping I can back up her save, full delete and reinstall (which should fix the issue) and then load her save. if not I figure customer support might be able to help if she tells them her user name and some info about her save... maybe....

I am playing on an unrooted android device. (samsung note 10.1 2014 edition)

how do you locate the terra battle save data?
an update on my tablet borked my wife's account, and the game won't launch on her side (but does on mine and a third user) she didn't write down her info despite being told to, so I am hoping I can back up her save, full delete and reinstall (which should fix the issue) and then load her save. if not I figure customer support might be able to help if she tells them her user name and some info about her save... maybe....

I am playing on an unrooted android device. (samsung note 10.1 2014 edition)

Unless you wrote down the User ID and that other code / number in the options screen, customer service won't help you.

zulux21

Unless you wrote down the User ID and that other code / number in the options screen, customer service won't help you.

ah so my only hope is to back up the save data before uninstalling....

I really wish these games would just let you upload saves to google play or something :/

edit: so indeed fixing the issue resulted in her losing her data. 50 log in days and 19 chapters or work down the drain for her... sadly one day after she got her first S or SS ><;

Some Nobody

This game definitely needs more content.

I agree. I don't think this game was designed for people who would put in multiple hours a day. As someone who basically only picks it up when bored and unable to game on a console, I'm still pretty close to the beginning (Chapter 11), just trying to power level all my people and get everyone's second jobs. Plus I'm trying to hold out for enough energy to buy a new character, even though I've already got a couple dozen lol.

my goal atm is just to reach ch 20 to start grinding my main team to 65. then once im done with that, im going to rush the last chapter and quit.

it's a nice game. but it surprisingly takes a lot of time to engage with it. most of it because of the nature of energy consumption . by chapter 16 it takes you your entire energy just to complete half of a chapter. so depending on how far you are, that means 1 section every 1-3 hours.

i JUSRT reached ch 19 and i was playing almost a week after launch.

So I saved up 45 Energy to throw in all at once.
My face lit up when I saw 4 gold cards fly by...
Two of them were duplicates that I already had (Amimari and Samatha) :/
The other was Rikken and Zeera(bleh).

I agree. I don't think this game was designed for people who would put in multiple hours a day. As someone who basically only picks it up when bored and unable to game on a console, I'm still pretty close to the beginning (Chapter 11), just trying to power level all my people and get everyone's second jobs. Plus I'm trying to hold out for enough energy to buy a new character, even though I've already got a couple dozen lol.

My problem was that I had a bit of OCD and wanted to be efficient with my stamina use so I just spent it every time it filled up.
Now i'm done the game and just leveling up characters here and there, but now I don't really care if I use up all my stamina.

Aexact

Geez, four golds? Even counting dupes, I'm gonna get superstitious about saving up energy and rolling in a big batch to get S and SS. Just gotta hold back from pulling the trigger the minute I have enough energy argh. =(

Haha, to be fair, I also spent money previously on10 pacts all at once and all I got was Amimarie as the single gold (s/ss) out of those 10.
Ugh I really wanted at least one SS mage.

zulux21

Yeah, a lot of us put way too much time into this to start, hence we burned out.

that is why my wife isn't to worried about losing her data of 50 days... she figures she can likely get back to where she was in 30 days or so and that there isn't a ton to do after chapter 20 and hunting zone 3 opens anyways.

Yeah, a lot of us put way too much time into this to start, hence we burned out.

I don't even feel burnt out. I haven't even beat the game. I'm only chapter 27. However this is due to there not being end game so I have zero motivation to spend my energy on the story. Instead I've done this!

FMKdiF1.jpg

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I never tested demoralize but status effects in general are never really that high of a chance unless it specifically says enemies are weak to it within the mission info. Though I find Rikken and Yukken's chaos and paralysis arrows really good. I would say 1/4 to 1/3 of the time they work while also doing megabow damage and when they do, they basically prevent an enemy from doing anything dangerous for 3 turns (or it might be 2. I really don't know because they usually are set up to die soon after). I found it really useful because in later chapters some enemies are in really awkward positions to hit and if you let them attack they can cause nasty status effects or do something annoying like revive their allies. I think the status effects are really strong when they land, so if the planned pvp was a team vs. team (that is unless they set it up a different way) I think seeing status effects in there can be really annoying, even if you have a 1 out of 3 shot to land it, it can screw you over pretty bad.

I dunno but my R'zonand's Sleep and Confuse seem to have a >20% chance to hit so I presume other status ailments spells are around the same level.
I feel like I haven't seen demoralize work once. I leveled up Zeera for it but I've been pretty disappointed by it. Maybe in the later levels they'll eventually be someone who is weak to it but for now I might just bench her.

Also I have bad luck in rolling for magic users in this game. All I've gotten are 5 fire elements and 1 lightning (who assume you get by default in the story). Hopefully I eventually get those coveted ice and darkness units.

Aexact

Damn, regret not leveling Bahamut's second job now, Leviathan is bound to be Ice.
... Not for Blazing Counter but for the stats. Thought 3rd Bahamut would happen before another event. The thing is like my only true mage, everyone else I've drawn is pure physical or Zan/Sher'bedan. If it's harder then the final boss, I hope I can survive without capsules.

Other than logging daily for the bonus and running some coins on weeked, I haven't been playing much either.

What I've been hoping for is a patch that seriously quadruple the skill bonus gain of what it is.

It's just so damn slow, and there's sooo much characters to level up.
I know Mistwalker loves those duplicates, but still...

Jagernaut

2 questions.

1. Is Jaguna useless? I pulled her the other day.

2. Is Leviathan a ice mage character? I started too late to be able to attempt Bahamut but I'll try to get Leviathan. My only offensive mages are a Mantledrake that I farmed, and C ranked dark and lightning generic mages.

Folstern

2 questions.

1. Is Jaguna useless? I pulled her the other day.

2. Is Leviathan a ice mage character? I started too late to be able to attempt Bahamut but I'll try to get Leviathan. My only offensive mages are a Mantledrake that I farmed, and C ranked dark and lightning generic mages.
1. Useless. Jaguna's stats are awful and her skills are all over the place.

2. There was an early screenshot that showed Leviathan as an ice mage, but his concept art makes it look like one of his jobs might be lighting, so I'm not sure.

Top Bottom