• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Cool, the update bringing the Leviathan event tomorrow is also upping the exp gain from Metal Zone 3 to 5 according to the patch note. I'm sitting on 10 or so metal tickets so I'm going to farm some before the event and level some of my dudes up.

Leviathan third job item seems out of my reach though with the level 65 requirement.

zulux21

Cool, the update bringing the Leviathan event tomorrow is also upping the exp gain from Metal Zone 3 to 5 according to the patch note. I'm sitting on 10 or so metal tickets so I'm going to farm some before the event and level some of my dudes up.

Leviathan third job item seems out of my reach though with the level 65 requirement.

that is good to hear.... I find metal zone 4 really pointless to run right now (levels 40-50 are just so boring >.>) so more exp might make that 25 stamina more worth it instead of just reruning stuff I have already run.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Monster Strike has slowed a bit so...
My scrub team of ~30's is in Chapter 11 right now, probably won't get any job advance items before they nerf drop rates. Also heard in passing that the S/L (root needed) for floor reset doesn't work anymore?

Pulls: Did 4 and got 2 SS. Downsides being I got A'misandra (Healer, have Amimari and Kush second job) and Camellia (Anti waifu, shit art).
I'll probably use Camellia since she's versatile with very good stats even if I only have 1-2 guys on the team.

That said I'm wondering what jobs to advance right now. Only notable thing is Kem is 1 Shell from 3rd job.

yJ06J0W.jpg

Hige

Monster Strike has slowed a bit so...
My scrub team of ~30's is in Chapter 11 right now, probably won't get any job advance items before they nerf drop rates. Also heard in passing that the S/L (root needed) for floor reset doesn't work anymore?
Where are you hearing they nerfed drop rates? The patch notes say "increased the percentage of rare item drops during some normal quests" which probably means the job 3 weapons for SS characters.

I'm more annoyed that they fixed the diagonal teleport trick. You can't move through a character without moving it now.

Staab

Exp improvements in zone 3 and 4 are massive, I'm glad they made the change.
Getting over 300k in zone 3 and 400k in zone 4 !

Stealth edit : on "Hail to the King"

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Where are you hearing they nerfed drop rates? The patch notes say "increased the percentage of rare item drops during some normal quests" which probably means the job 3 weapons for SS characters.

I'm more annoyed that they fixed the diagonal teleport trick. You can't move through a character without moving it now.
I'm saying it'll probably be nerfed from the way it is now to something lower before I can actually farm them.

linkent

So hard to play without those trick moves now.
Especially 23-4 last part, which is impossible to clear at once without pre-position on previous stage.

Any idea what time does the event start?

putermcgee

I haven't had a chance to fire it up since the update, but if the movement has reverted back to how it was before the last big update, I'll be so happy. I know there are tricks and stuff that make it easier to set up better attacks, but I typically make more mistakes and characters go where I'm not expecting them with the recent control changes.

Hige

The boss death animations are slow even on fast-forward now, ugh. Increased drop rates and more exp from metal zones is nice, but this update is a mixed bag IMO. Movement feels clunky again without the teleport trick, especially since diagonals seem to happen so easily when you're in an open area not next to an enemy. Doing several loops instead of a teleport to set up my characters takes more time and I'm more prone to making mistakes which means spending even more time fixing those mistakes. Meh.

So hard to play without those trick moves now.
Especially 23-4 last part, which is impossible to clear at once without pre-position on previous stage.

Any idea what time does the event start?
As long as you have one or two characters in the top row on the stage before, you get two turns to position for a OHKO on the last stage. It's not too bad since you need a character in the top row on the penultimate stage anyway.

So a couple weeks ago I set my save up for a device transfer before I formatted it to install Android L. Now I just tried to do the transfer and it's asking for a password. When I started the transfer, a password was never asked for. I tried leaving it blank but I keep getting an information incorrect error. Am I fucked?

Edit: Just contacted their support, gonna hope for the best.

So a couple weeks ago I set my save up for a device transfer before I formatted it to install Android L. Now I just tried to do the transfer and it's asking for a password. When I started the transfer, a password was never asked for. I tried leaving it blank but I keep getting an information incorrect error. Am I fucked?

Edit: Just contacted their support, gonna hope for the best.
They should be able to restore it if you got the id info stuff.

To get a password though, you had to have used the transfer option on the original account to set it up.

Aexact

Bullshit, I just finished chapter 22 but it didn't restore my stamina or give me an extra energy.
?! Yikes, gonna hold off on finishing the story stages for now.

Ah, they fixed the teleport stuff. I thought I was just doing it wrong. Bummer.

But the increased EXP and drops sounds great, Metal Zones starting to sound more lucrative then level 20 runs if I don't need the money.
But I do. Never enough money.

zulux21

Bullshit, I just finished chapter 22 but it didn't restore my stamina or give me an extra energy.

did it at least give you your plus 1-3 stamina that you get from each chapter?

also
"There is a new S-class character with 3 jobs, called Rejin. There are no details whether he will be available through Pact of Friendship, Truth, or the story though. He seems to be a decent swordsman."

more info lol

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
?! Yikes, gonna hold off on finishing the story stages for now.
Don't worry, I got them about an hour and a half later. I think the problem was a momentary drop in connection during the refilling bar scene at the end of the chapter, because I got the connection lost error, but when I hit retry it immediately went through.

It sucks though because I was planning that refill for Metal Zone 5, but it had closed by the time I got it.

did it at least give you your plus 1-3 stamina that you get from each chapter?
I got the +3, it just didn't refill my bar or give me an energy.

Visceir

Best part about the update is that I don't need to go look for an obb file, it downloads the data automatically when launching the game.

I'll probably still get leviathan's all 3 jobs, but I doubt I will level it. Already got 2 ice mages that are superior. Would much rather spend the time farming bahamut to get a couple extra B%

I'm guessing Odin will be the lighting mage then? Guess I should work on leveling up a darkness element character.

zulux21

Best part about the update is that I don't need to go look for an obb file, it downloads the data automatically when launching the game.

I'll probably still get leviathan's all 3 jobs, but I doubt I will level it. Already got 2 ice mages that are superior. Would much rather spend the time farming bahamut to get a couple extra B%

I'm guessing Odin will be the lighting mage then? Guess I should work on leveling up a darkness element character.

that would make sense for odin being the father of the god of lightning and all... as I assume they didn't want to use Thor due to Marvel.

Kain

Shit, Jennish with his third job and all the other abilities is a damn beast. He damages the entire battlefield every single turn (I don't know why but his bonus is at 40 or something while he is just level 50). The problem is that SS characters are slooooooooooooooooooow to level up.

I have Gaiga sitting at level 25 with her second job right now but it's so damn slow to level her up...........

Jagernaut

I just got manhandled by the boss on 13-8. First time I've lost a battle.

Edit. Does he only use his special skill on those right next to him or is it random?

Aexact

Don't worry, I got them about an hour and a half later. I think the problem was a momentary drop in connection during the refilling bar scene at the end of the chapter, because I got the connection lost error, but when I hit retry it immediately went through.

It sucks though because I was planning that refill for Metal Zone 5, but it had closed by the time I got it.

I got the +3, it just didn't refill my bar or give me an energy.
Sounds great! I'm right at the boss stage in case Leviathan farming doesn't pan out.

Also, Leviathan is an S class, right? How much gold does it take to advance jobs for an S class? I think it was 8k, 10k, 16k? Since they don't start dropping the upgrade materials until you have the prior one apparently?

edit: OH CRAP, Bahamut takes 20k to upgrade to job 3 so it must've been something like 10k and 16k for job 1 and 2. Dang, shouldn't have done those coin pulls.

I just got manhandled by the boss on 13-8. First time I've lost a battle.

Edit. Does he only use his special skill on those right next to him or is it random?
I think it's random, but if you have enough units left after taking out the minions, he has a pattern of Dimension Shift / horizontal and vertical stab, which you dodge / Breath so you'll know what to do each turn.

Jagernaut

I destroyed the 13-8 boss on the second try. I defeated his minions and then used Zenzoze's dark element attacks to keep him from using his skill on my team.

I've done the first two. Waiting for the energy for the 3rd leviathan level. He dropped on the first try as did his item. I don't know if that's insane luck or its just guaranteed.

And to answer the above post, I didn't use levitation or anti-anything. I just powered through it, but my characters are near 70/at 70 on their third jobs.

Akito

Seem like guaranteed drops, got the first upgrade item on the first try as well, maybe they got too many complains about caladbolg. Thank god though cause second form leviathan was annoying as shit.

Aexact

I didn't get the drop on the first dungeon so I'm gonna pout and figure you guys are lucky.
=(

But whoa, that all screen maelstorm and my status ailment healer got hit with confuse so that was not good. People reported that some of their lvl 70 characters got one shot in the level 65 dungeon. Bummer, I got not anti-ice.

Akito

Leviathan Omega is a pain in the butt, gotta do some preparation to have a chance against him, fuck confusion man.

Is there a way to bypass the barrier? I beat 2nd Leviathan by brute forcing it, I didn't try 3rd Leviathan yet but if it's the same, it's going to be real annoying.

Jagernaut

Wow, even the easiest level of Leviathan is tricky due to the constant confusion. I won once and lost once. Is there a trick to it?

Aexact

DOH
Okay, so Ice elemental to break the shield won't cut it it has to be magic.
Zan is not breaking that barrier.

I can't beat this guy, everyone gets hit with confusion and dies.

1 column attack
2 nothing, just moves
3 row attack
4 maelstorm, causes confuse
5 column

2nd cycle, after column, reinforcements and breath, next turn row

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
DOH

How many hits did you attempt, took a little bit of time for my Megacell to break it.

zulux21

DOH

1 column attack
2 nothing, just moves
3 row attack
4 maelstorm, causes confuse
5 column

2nd cycle, after column, reinforcements and breath, next turn row
oh uh... levitate makes you avoid maelstrom. (it was mentioned in the official forums... I thought I read it hear otherwise i would have posted it earlier :p)
that should help if you have access to a levitate person.

Top Bottom