• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Aexact

oh uh... levitate makes you avoid maelstrom. (it was mentioned in the official forums... I thought I read it hear otherwise i would have posted it earlier :p)
that should help if you have access to a levitate person.
Yeah, I know about Levitate.
Boy that would sure be nice to have...
=(

I don't know the numbers specifically but if you want to not get OHKO'ed by Leviathan's Column/Row, max level job 3 Sheena with 212 M. Def and 3609 HP can survive but max level job 3 Pahrl with 3477 HP and 199 M. Def cannot.

linkent

Czekras Ice damage doesnt break the shield either, guess i will bring amerpact instead.
Gatz broke Leviathan. Levitate, Panacea, Remove bombs.

Beat him with this team but no drops

WymaR7k.png

Deitus

Finally managed to beat Leviathan 2. Thanks for the tips on using Ice attacks to break the shield and levitation to avoid the maelstrom (never occurred to me that levitation would help for that). Before that she was kicking my ass even though I was well past the recommended level 45, and I didn't think I would even beat it. Got Leviathan to drop too (didn't drop from the first stage), but no item. Guess I'll have to try again for the drop.

I don't know how I'm going to beat the third stage though. I just barely have a level 60 average level for my best team, and no one who can up my ice resistance. If the level 45 stage gave me trouble, I can't imagine I'll fare well on the level 65 stage.

Edit: Got the item drop on my second run of stage 2. Stage 3 will have to wait until later (out of energy), but I wonder if I should spend the next few days grinding instead, and tackle the final stage in the last couple of days of the event. With 40 energy per try, I can't really afford to go in unprepared. Too bad there is basically no way to get a fire resistant hero between now and then.

Mashing

Is there a way to bypass the barrier? I beat 2nd Leviathan by brute forcing it, I didn't try 3rd Leviathan yet but if it's the same, it's going to be real annoying.

I've beat him twice with the barrier up. Took so long he used Icicle which killed Gugba and my levitate user.

zulux21

You lucky people and your levitate; gotta train Palpa. :(

lucky... sure....
I have played the first one 7 times and still not gotten the boss to drop... this is the first event all over again.

I will likely only give the second level a single try and if I get the item to job up them I get it, if not screw the character.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
lucky... sure....
I have played the first one 7 times and still not gotten the boss to drop... this is the first event all over again.

I will likely only give the second level a single try and if I get the item to job up them I get it, if not screw the character.
You should be going straight to the second one if you can handle it...

Visceir

Now I kinda wish I hadn't been slacking off this week and had gotten my Gatz to lvl 65+, tempted to use an energy for stamina recovery to do it now.

Did the second stage Leviathan with no preparation and almost got my ass handed to me, but managed to beat it and got it to drop.

Can the second stage drop its job3 weapon too?

zulux21

woot just got a message for 5 free energy and I get.....
a dupe of eileen who I don't use at all... seems to be my second dupe for her ><;

zulux21

so yeah.... this weapon better drop on the first try because this second level of leviathan isn't fun at all, just tedious.

hey the boss dropped something...
my 154th ice ring :/

SunGod

For those with Android having trouble with Bahamut RNG drops, you can try the save/load "exploit" (which they haven't fixed yet) to avoid wasting precious stamina.

So basically:
- get to Battle 9/10, then force exit the game.
- backup the file "resumedata.bin" located in android/data/(maingamefolder)/files.
- relaunch game and kill Bahamut. If no drop, quickly exit game again before stage clear.
- copy the backup "resumedata.bin" to android/data/(maingamefolder)/files.
- relaunch game, and it'll be Battle 9/10 again.
- repeat until RNG love you.

(reason you don't want to backup Battle 10/10 is because item drops are fixed once you start it)

Does this still work? (for example, quitting on 4/5 in a Leviathan run)

Akito

With levitate you basically cannot die against Leviathan 3 if you keep track of its attack pattern. I still haven't beaten it though cause it took me an absurdly huge amount of time to even crack his barrier with my lvl 40 U'nasag. And even after it's deactivated, his defense is still insane.

Blu(e)

Weird glitch. Had a Gold Runner pop up in Leviathan 2 area. He ended up not running after his two movements. Ended up dying trying to get him lol.

Edit: Wait, is it supposed to appear? It appeared in the next two areas.

HawthorneKitty

Weird glitch. Had a Gold Runner pop up in Leviathan 2 area. He ended up not running after his two movements. Ended up dying trying to get him lol.

Edit: Wait, is it supposed to appear? It appeared in the next two areas.
They appear sometimes.

Can't even beat Neo Leviathan with a lvl 60 team, and I've got Daiana and a lvl 40 Leviathan (which hasn't been able to survive long enough to break the barrier) :/

However, I rolled with the free energy and got Koko! I guess she'll substitute my Kem, and with Daiana + O'Pari + Koko I hope I'll be able to get to 0 ice damage in 5 turns max next time :D

Hige

They replaced the rocks in HZ3 coin dungeon with giant spikes. :eek:

I wonder if this means it won't crash anymore if you S/L or lose connection and have to reload the app. I think the randomization of the rock placement is what causes crashes when you try to continue.

I want to fight Leviathan like everyone else, but that'll have to wait until after I grind coins for the weekend. :(

Jagernaut

I beat the first Leviathan level 4 times (thanks Levitation) but didn't get the drop. How hard is the second difficulty? My team is mostly level 40 and 41.

HawthorneKitty

I beat the first Leviathan level 4 times (thanks Levitation) but didn't get the drop. How hard is the second difficulty? My team is mostly level 40 and 41.
Levia in stage 1 has a 20% drop; stage 2 doubles you chances. I wouldn't attempt 2 unless you have reliable ice and probably fire.

Mknzy

I am fairly new to the game so I don't stand a lot of a chance even against the weakest Levithian right now. I did GET to him, but he wiped the floor with my team. Wasn't even worth spending energy to keep going it was that one sided.

But then again, kinda what do I expect when I am just starting chapter 9 on the story missions *laughs*

my strongest characters are all ice based and only end up healing leviathan :c

does 2nd stage leviathan also confuse ?

6 runs and 0 leviathan drops form 1st stage, all i get is ice rings

Top Bottom