• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
my strongest characters are all ice based and only end up healing leviathan :c

does 2nd stage leviathan also confuse ?

6 runs and 0 leviathan drops form 1st stage, all i get is ice rings
R5BAWgL.png

Yes, there is confusion in 2.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So coming back from a while ago...What should I be working on? I'm only on chapter 10, so I know I need to progress through the story. Otherwise, should I just be saving energy for pulls and grinding metal dungeons?

So to summarize a few posts from the last few pages for helping to deal with leviathan:

1. Levitate will help you avoid Maelstroms and Whirlpools
2. Using a magic ice attack will break the barrier...
3. ...but Ice attack also heals Leviathan
4. The pattern he attacks with is: column, moves, row, maelstorm, confusion?

Also, does anyone know if Disarm Bomb defuses the mines?

Visceir

I rather like how all of Gatz' useful skills are 100% proc. Panacea, Levitation, Treasure Hunter, Disarm Bomb. No need to worry about his B%

They replaced the rocks in HZ3 coin dungeon with giant spikes. :eek:

I wonder if this means it won't crash anymore if you S/L or lose connection and have to reload the app. I think the randomization of the rock placement is what causes crashes when you try to continue.

I want to fight Leviathan like everyone else, but that'll have to wait until after I grind coins for the weekend. :(

I'll be doing coin creeps as well. Will still have plenty of time to deal with bahamut throughout the week+I won't be leveling/using it anyway. It's a shame Rejin won't be available through coin pulls, his 3 column status attacks seem neat, the art is pretty cool too for all his jobs.

The little spikes did so little damage that there was never a reason to avoid them for me. Even now with the bigger spikes it seemed to deal minimal damage. Been still keeping Gatz in the party though just in case.

So to summarize a few posts from the last few pages for helping to deal with leviathan:

Apparently Grace job3 lvl 65 is all you need, haha.

This is also why I like the game, just being able to break even the most difficult encounter like that.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
What should I do to prepare for Leviathan Ultra? I have no characters with ice capsules, but I have three with anti ice shields (Bahamut, Amazora, O'pari). I also have a levitation character (Eileen) and I have Megacell at level 61 for ice attacks. Will I be ok if I just train my team to 60, or should I go for 70?

These are the characters I have above C rank (all three jobs unlocked unless noted):
  • Rikken (job 2, don't have job 3 weapon)
  • Yukken
  • Bahamut (job 2)
  • Zeera
  • Palpa
  • Leviathan (job 1, level 1)
  • Nakupi
  • Kem
  • Metupi
  • Kna
  • Eileen
  • Burbaba
  • Ka'pori
  • S'naip
  • Samupi
  • Bahl
  • Kuscah
  • O'pari
  • Mantledrake
  • Amazora
  • Pegawyrm
  • Megacell
  • Sabertooth King
  • Ba'gunar

Visceir

Why not all of the above then haha.
Yea i've been slowly chipping away Leviathan omega since I woke up, i wish i knew about this before hand.

I guess the Grace strategy would negate the need for levitate/ice and would favor high damage dealers as a replacement to finish the job faster.

Hige

I'll be doing coin creeps as well. Will still have plenty of time to deal with bahamut throughout the week+I won't be leveling/using it anyway. It's a shame Rejin won't be available through coin pulls, his 3 column status attacks seem neat, the art is pretty cool too for all his jobs.

The little spikes did so little damage that there was never a reason to avoid them for me. Even now with the bigger spikes it seemed to deal minimal damage. Been still keeping Gatz in the party though just in case.
Rejin seems like a nice change of pace in terms of skills. His stats are very high overall and I like the art too. I think the job 3 design is inferior to job 2 though. :(

The big spikes on HZ3 don't seem to do as much damage as chapter 18. Is it based on physical defense? My characters are much higher level than they were back then. I still have to be careful since I'm throwing in some lower level characters for skill boost opportunities, so they're more squishy.

zulux21

Also, does anyone know if Disarm Bomb defuses the mines?

ooh ooh I can answer that. It disarms them the same way everyone else does by making them blow up and do massive damage...
it sucked as my teen idol is half of my healing team and she blew up with that ><;

Aexact

Damn, another Leviathan Omega solution I can't take advantage of. That Grace strat looks amazing. I have two people with anti-Confusion (Sorman and R'zonoad), and the thing killing me hardest is Maelstorm confusion so my gameplan after Maelstorm is to try to pincer with Sorman and R'zo to clear confusion. But I eventually get screwed by reinforcements or wacky positioning from the confused people doing the headless chicken dance.

Man, what to do.
I have leveled Megacell and Zan for breaking the barrier if need be but they're not very good at surviving more then one shot. Guess I could advance the story and try to get enough energy to roll someone. Re-rolled Pahrl with the free event energy which was no help, heh.

Wait when he gets to low health, he hits the field with an avoidable Icicle that's basically a OHKO? So I can't do it without Capsules? There's no way around this? Guess my futile healer efforts were for naught.

Also, apparently breaking Omega's shield is 16 hits of Ice, doesn't matter how much damage? So I guess having someone with three ice procs with proper surrounding, that's 6 ice attacks per turn, so it'll take at least 3 turns to break the shield (not accounting for dodge turns)?

Folstern

Coin time. I'm really enjoying the difficulty spike with Leviathan but cash before S grade mages. Debating on whether to level up Megacell or go for Grace. Hope they don't patch in a fix for the debuff stacking.

I can confirm that it seems Leviathan drops based on what you have. I didn't have a cobalt grail and didn't advance my Leviathan to 2nd job but I wanted to run Omega anyways. It dropped a grail for me and not a trident after some attempts.

I used the Grace technique because -20% is just so good and much faster than using ice attacks. I was using Tiamat but it takes so many turns just to pop the barrier, might as well go through the quick route and gib it before anything goes wrong. I do think it's unfortunate through if someone wasn't able to roll decent ice users or if they lost the 50/50 and didn't get Grace in the beginning, Bahl is a awesome but if you don't have ice, you need Grace unless there is another unit that has a dragon debuff.

5 wish particles...

i can do eileen job 3 or korin lvl 3. eileen for her magic defense and team regen.

i could maybe do korin for his def+ and frequency up maybe go all the way to 3 for giga sword row.

putermcgee

Dang, my wife pulled Rejin with the free energy yesterday. I got Ellvern, who might be the first remedy mage I'm excited about having. He gets poison spells in the first job, changes to be a spear user and learns levitate in the second job, then pics up regen in his third job.

Typically, I level up my characters to 35 in each job, and then just keep going with the third job due to overall higher stats. Is there a better way to go about it?

Typically, I level up my characters to 35 in each job, and then just keep going with the third job due to overall higher stats. Is there a better way to go about it?

That's what it is in most cases, but if their 35 skill isn't too good, sometimes I just stop at the level 20 for the skill slot. If it's something amazing at level 65, sometimes I just gun straight for it, like Bahl and S'naip since their second job 65 skill basically makes their character.

Aexact

At least we have a long time to work on it.
It's all for nothing if we don't pull the right characters though.
Damn it, got O'pari.

If Leviathan starts casting Icicle when it has low HP, I have no way to counter this. I doubt I can blast his HP away faster then he can blast mine away, one guy said he couldn't burst Leviathan down with Grace/Ma'curi/S'naip which can hardly get better then that. Reading up all the tips involve "have anti-ice", "have levitation", "have Grace". Well, that's unfortunate.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
It's all for nothing if we don't pull the right characters though.
Damn it, got O'pari.

If Leviathan starts casting Icicle when it has low HP, I have no way to counter this. I doubt I can blast his HP away faster then he can blast mine away, one guy said he couldn't burst Leviathan down with Grace/Ma'curi/S'naip which can hardly get better then that. Reading up all the tips involve "have anti-ice", "have levitation", "have Grace". Well, that's unfortunate.
Does he recast ice if you use energy to revive?

Aexact

Only once in the entire battle, in my experience.
Whoa wait that's how revive works?
... But if I have to do that every time I attempt the battle and there's only a chance he'd drop Trident, I'd rather save energy to roll a character that'll let me not do that.
edit: Wait, that's not right. The chances I'll roll someone useful is infinitesimally lower.
... It's a pretty high drop rate, comparatively but I still don't like it! Gonna keep looking for another solution. Apparently, Red Starwhips have a similar method in lowering M. Def instead only they're terrible units otherwise. Guess I'm leveling a C-class monster in the future though I don't know if O'pari, Zan and Bahamut are enough.

linkent

Got trident on my 5th attempts.
Back to leveling. It is so hard to level Leviathan like Bahamut.
Guess i will level his 2nd to 35, then max his 3rd.
And will keep job 1 to level together with Bahamut 3rd when it is out.

It takes 5 MZ1 to level him 1 to 21. That is with 4 characters only. -_-

Hige

Man, I'm only missing 3 B rank characters and Grace is one of them.

That video is making me consider leveling up Metupi/Samupi/Nakupi for their defense -20% skills though.

Deitus

I'd try out the Grace strategy, but I can't even make it to Leviathan in the third stage. I don't do enough damage to wipe out the enemies in 1-2 pincer attacks, and then they start using heal all, and eventually pick off my guys one by one.

I could probably take them out if I brought in a couple more mages, but since Grace only lowers physical defense, I'm pretty sure I would need a decent number of physical attackers to actually take advantage of it.

Wasted so much energy failing Omega yesterday, and now just read about the Grace 2 turn kill thing.

Good stuff when you start hitting 10k. lol

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So how often do you get free energy? I haven't had many good recruits and my last 2 have been dupe B class. Bummer.

Also, coin recruitment. Is it worth it?

So how often do you get free energy? I haven't had many good recruits and my last 2 have been dupe B class. Bummer.

Also, coin recruitment. Is it worth it?
I think you get five energies with eight consecutive days.

I can't comment deeply on the coin thing, but there's nothing else to do with them unless you get tons of rare drops for job upgrades, so recruit away.

Got the Trident after 4 tries, now I can finally get back to farming gold.
I got all 3 stuff in my first 3 Omega battle wins with Grace.

What's sad is that I must've ran Levi zone 2 like 5 times (before I knew about the Grace thing) and never got Levi to drop. RNG is awful for those low levels.

Jagernaut

I finally got Leviathan to drop in the first difficulty after 7 tries. Do I have to beat the second difficulty to get the job 2 item? I don't think I'm ready for that.

damn!

i screwed up

i just opened up metal zone 5 but i forgot to go in with grace at lv 59. i went in at 58 and leveled up twice. i meant to bring her to lvl 59 and as close to possible to 60 to get 2-3 levels with one metal zone :/

now whats the fastest way to get her to 65 before event ends....

Folstern

damn!

i screwed up

i just opened up metal zone 5 but i forgot to go in with grace at lv 59. i went in at 58 and leveled up twice. i meant to bring her to lvl 59 and as close to possible to 60 to get 2-3 levels with one metal zone :/

now whats the fastest way to get her to 65 before event ends....
Chapter 20 with as few other party members as possible.

Links_fantasy

I tried this game and like the artwork and music, but couldn't get into it. Hopefully it helps at least towards the funding of a console or handheld game. I really wish Nintendo would buy Mistwalker and turn the Last Story into a franchise alongside the Xenoblade games. Also I really want a Lost Odyssey 2 and Blue Dragon 2.

meow

I took Amerpact in to fight the second stage Leviathan and his attacks aren't breaking the barrier...are the attacks just too weak?

I managed to beat him once on my first try when I entered without an ice character and it took foreverrrrr because my team is kind underleveled and I was dealing with that stupid barrier and I don't have Grace's 3rd job (wouldn't be up to lvl 65 or whatever anyway).

edit: nvm, it broke right after I typed this. I guess before I wasn't hitting him enough.

Hige

I read that Leviathan's barrier is about the number of hits, not damage. It's supposed to take 8 hits on medium difficulty and 16 on hard. I haven't tried it yet since I'm still grinding for coins.

Speaking of which, I'm at 540 coin pulls now and I've 100%ed all the D class monsters. Haven't pulled any more promo characters since I got Maralme at pull #331. I got my 60 day bonus today (3 energy) and pulled another B class dupe. I keep telling myself I'll start spending energy on stamina refreshes every time this happens, but I need to follow through with it lol.

linkent

but its so long >_<

If you have a high level mage, it is possible to do 23-4 with 4 man.
Just need to remember to position your character at last part and hope your mage is strong enough to kill aoe all down.
I am currently plvling macuri bahl and snaip with solo amerpact :D

@hige

I read about changing clock to change HZ event.
Did you do it? How to do it?

Visceir

ISpeaking of which, I'm at 540 coin pulls now and I've 100%ed all the D class monsters. Haven't pulled any more promo characters since I got Maralme at pull #331. I got my 60 day bonus today (3 energy) and pulled another B class dupe. I keep telling myself I'll start spending energy on stamina refreshes every time this happens, but I need to follow through with it lol.

But the next SS/S super awesome character is just 1 energy pull away!

I'm at 1,340,882 coins after this weekend which is ~447 coin pulls. It's going to suck rolling all of those 10 at a time, haha.

Hige

I read about changing clock to change HZ event.
Did you do it? How to do it?
I'm on iOS and I just change my clock to a different time zone and relaunch the app to access different hunting zones. Google a list of time zones to find a city to change to. If you change time zones you can extend the weekend dungeon to a 73 hour window.

But the next SS/S super awesome character is just 1 energy pull away!
But I need Gatz for Leviathan! I got an U'nasag dupe instead. :(

I'm at 1,340,882 coins after this weekend which is ~447 coin pulls. It's going to suck rolling all of those 10 at a time, haha.
Why are you saving coins? Since Rejin is only available from energy pacts, it seems like future characters won't be available from coin pacts.

Top Bottom