• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

anaron

I tried this game and like the artwork and music, but couldn't get into it. Hopefully it helps at least towards the funding of a console or handheld game. I really wish Nintendo would buy Mistwalker and turn the Last Story into a franchise alongside the Xenoblade games. Also I really want a Lost Odyssey 2 and Blue Dragon 2.
Out of curiosity, how far did you get?

Visceir

Why are you saving coins? Since Rejin is only available from energy pacts, it seems like future characters won't be available from coin pacts.

Think I've said it before already but I don't really care much for any of the coin pact characters and wouldn't probably use them if I got them anyway.

In that regard it seems to make sense to me to save up coins. If I used them now I'd get nothing out of them that would be of use, perhaps in future there will be more use for coins or even if they add new coin pull characters I'd be more likely to get those if I had all the coin saved up for pulls.

I think someone said that you need ~5.5 mil coins to eliminate all the monsters from the coin pull pool, so I still got a long way to go anyway.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
When is it smart to do a job change? Should I max the level of a character first?

Also, I hadn't seen the Puppet Show until now - I really enjoyed the 12 second total move constraint. Nice puzzle mechanic to work with for maximum gain.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
When is it smart to do a job change? Should I max the level of a character first?

Also, I hadn't seen the Puppet Show until now - I really enjoyed the 12 second total move constraint. Nice puzzle mechanic to work with for maximum gain.
lvl20 at the least to get that extra slot or lvl35 to get the third comp.

Deitus

There is no penalty for doing a job change at any point. You can always revert back to a previous job, although the jobs all level separately, so if you intend to use a character you will want to level up all of their jobs at least a little bit. You definitely don't want to wait to max out a character before doing a job change, because until you get to very late game it takes incredibly long to level a character to the max, and in the meantime you would benefit from the skills they learn from the other jobs.

As Mistouze says, at level 20 of each job you unlock an extra skill slot (used to equip skills from other jobs), so it is generally not worth unlocking a new job until you have gotten to 20 on your current job. 35 will get the third skill for a job, but if you are early on it takes a while to get to 35, especially before you unlock Metal Zones 2 and 3, so I wouldn't necessarily hold off on a job change for it.

Visceir

What the
How
what

You can get like 350 k coin each weekend without spending a single energy. So that's just 4 weekend's worth of coin.

So is there a benefit in saving up energy to draw multiple times, or should I draw once every time I have 5 energy?

I initially thought I'd be more likely to get gold rolls if I did 3+ rolls at a time, but the last 2 gold characters I've gotten have been single rolls. I don't think it really matters.

I do am paranoid about there being certain times/timezones when everyone just gets dupes and then certain times when everyone is more likely to get a good character though.

flammie

It doesn't matter. You keep all of the jobs and can switch freely between them. I generally get all of the jobs immediately because it gives you more skills to choose from.

Mknzy

Any advice for someone who is more or less just starting out? I am half way through Chapter 9 right now, been going slow on it to level in Metal Zone 2 whenever possible. Haven't unlocked any other jobs other than for Bahl and Grace yet, having trouble getting some of the components. Really enjoying the game so far.

It doesn't matter. You keep all of the jobs and can switch freely between them. I generally get all of the jobs immediately because it gives you more skills to choose from.

Yeah levels 1-35 are easy so I'll unlock everything then get all of the easy skills before grinding into the high levels.

i screwed up with bahamut. i should have listened to other people here and done his Job 1 lv 65 for the AOE first and THEN job 2.

EDIT: the grace -20% dragon thing aint working for me.

eileen with levitate did make the fight more manageable though.

I finally decided to beat the game. Now what :(

get all 3 jobs for all chars.

try login in at least once and play around with special builds.

or wait for events. or just quit, there's really no sensible endgame that i can see.

so yeah i think they patched grace's 20% dragon thing or im not taking advantage of it with my fire team.

that vid did have pure physical hitters

get all 3 jobs for all chars.

try login in at least once and play around with special builds.

or wait for events. or just quit, there's really no sensible endgame that i can see.

so yeah i think they patched grace's 20% dragon thing or im not taking advantage of it with my fire team.

that vid did have pure physical hitters

It needs to be physical and you need all the procs on the 2 lines, so that means grace needs to be in bottom and she starts it. There is an enemy you can recruit that actually reduces magic defense, the red starwhip only effects the area around it though.

Hige

Grace gives -20% defense, not magic defense. You also need to maximize the number of chains she's in to proc it multiple times in a short timespan.

If you're using magic characters you can use Red Starwhip for magic defense -20%. It seems harder than the Grace method though, since it's an Area (1) skill instead of a chain skill like Grace. That means you'll need to be right next to Leviathan and you can only proc 3 times instead of 4 on the first turn like Grace can.

speak of the devil i just got zuzu. (my highest class physical ._. everyone else is B tier)

You honestly need only 1-2 assuming you have Bahl. Bahl and S'naip hit between 66-80k against Levi when the combo is done. I don't know how much hp it has but it's extreme overkill.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I think I need to farm job change mats. I'm on chapter 12 or 13 with everyone on my team at level 35-40 and still on job 1. :|

Visceir

Soon we'll be at 1.5 mil and then we'll just have to wait another few months until they implement the new scenario!

I don't really like the Leviathan dungeon or the difficulty. Rather glad I'm done with it. Kinda hoping in future they will increase the difficulty of new content through lenght much like chapter 20, I like chapter 20.

Soon we'll be at 1.5 mil and then we'll just have to wait another few months until they implement the new scenario!

I don't really like the Leviathan dungeon or the difficulty. Rather glad I'm done with it. Kinda hoping in future they will increase the difficulty of new content through lenght much like chapter 20, I like chapter 20.
What ? Ch 20 is way too long.
I like these descended batles, except for Omega who is weirdly balanced to require special characters (or Grace glitch). It's only fun for those who RNG the right heroes.

Folstern

What ? Ch 20 is way too long.
I like these descended batles, except for Omega who is weirdly balanced to require special characters (or Grace glitch). It's only fun for those who RNG the right heroes.
Omega could also be done with a Red Starwhip, which anyone could obtain.

I think the difficulty was almost perfect, the only thing I would have seen changed is how much damage Icicle did.

Looking forward to more encounters like it, makes having a diverse team worth it, instead of just face rolling content with the same overpowered team.

Got daiana to 65 hoping her solar flare was some fancy move. it just another 6 cell aoe like every othr moveset

I NEED MORE AOEs, only my piz'fer has one :C

got leviathan in evolved finally on 5th try. got the goblet the next go.

i'm debating wether to give ultra a try since im definitely lacking the firepower to not make it last an hour.

i wasted 4 stamina leveling my teams just for this event and i think it could have gone towards another pull. oh well. they were free anyways.

Dimmle

Okay, I only have time to waste for one stupid mobile game.

Monster Strike or Terra Battle? I've played the former and it's alright but not terribly engaging.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Monster Strike or Terra Battle? I've played the former and it's alright but not terribly engaging.

Terra Battle.

I have played a LOT of Monster Strike and can tell you that you are much more reliant on friends and LINE groups to do the harder content. Gacha rates are also SUPER terrible. You'll either hit it big with 3~5* monsters that are awesome, or 10~4* trash dudes. As someone who is very into IAP and willing to spend, I bought one lot of orbs in MS and regret it almost immediately. It's a fun game that's plagued by some of the worst gacha system I've ever seen in a mobile game.

Terra Battle at least feels like something you can finish and enjoy without spending money. I think the devs have even stated that the main game can be completed without having to pull the gacha. I'll consider spending money on this one day if I find myself enjoying the events and harder dungeons they release.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

MS has kept me entertained far more because of the people I play with, but you can probably just beat TB and on off time play some MS.

For me right now MS is the main game and TB is the off game. Problem is with co-op you can just keep playing MS forever.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What's the best way to level a dude after a job change? My Jennish went from being kind of awesome to poo at job 2. I want to level him more.

Also, are any monsters worth leveling? My energy recruits have been lackluster overall, and I have no good archers as a result.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
What's the best way to level a dude after a job change? My Jennish went from being kind of awesome to poo at job 2. I want to level him more.

Also, are any monsters worth leveling? My energy recruits have been lackluster overall, and I have no good archers as a result.
Probably bring your highest level + Jennish only to the metal zones, preferably with King.

Aexact

I finally built up a Red Starwhip to get to Leviathan Ultra only to run into a strange (and frustrating) problem. Since Red Starwhip requires some enemies to survive in order to get three procs a turn, my strat relies on the confuse guys ... not hitting anyone really.

Which I'd be willing to play RNG odds with except after five exits and re-enters, the game kicks me out to the start menu. Since no one else is having this issue, I just tried restarting my phone and hoping that resolves it. Just hope it's only a depressing 120 stamina lesson because if this persists I don't have a viable way of beating Leviathan Ultra in the time remaining.

... Oh hey new content incoming.

Top Bottom