• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Got bored when I got to the early 20s chapter wise. Like the gameplay, but it lacks just a little something more to keep me interested.

Been trying to find a Blade Falcon character code.
Not sure if anyone knows where I could buy one ? (online site or someone reliable)

More interested in new scenarios over pvp or coop.
It's still a bit too early for new story when you think about it.
I know a lot of people here rushed those 30 Chapters, but they gotta give more time for the overall mass to reach endgame.

Also, game isn't officially out worldwide yet.

Folstern

It's still a bit too early for new story when you think about it.
I know a lot of people here rushed those 30 Chapters, but they gotta give more time for the overall mass to reach endgame.
Oh, I wasn't implying I want to see the new scenarios anytime soon, having fun building teams at the moment, just a preference for content.

Been trying to find a Blade Falcon character code.
Not sure if anyone knows where I could buy one ? (online site or someone reliable)

On the Terra Battle Forum a bunch of people are buying the magazine and selling the codes, might be best to keep an eye out there.

Blu(e)

Pulled Olber as my second SS. Seems like a good tank and a decent secondary healer. 30% heal doesn't seem reliable at all.

3 days left. I wonder if i can lvl up a team to attempt levi for the trident... any reccomendations? i have 3 energy i can spend.

My characters are:

SS
Pizfer 39/36/62 | czekras 39/61/36

S
Bahamut 35/65/0 | Zuzu 35/35/0 | palpa 26/0/0
Zeera 10/0/0 | Leviathan 1/0/0

A
Daiana 60/39/65 | Maralme 51/16/0 | Korin 46/45
Eileen 36/53/41 | R'zonand 29/0/0 | Kana 46/36/24
Burbaba 16/1/0 | Nakupi 21/10/0 | S'Naip 10/0/0
Ka'pori 35/8/0

B
Grace 27/42/66 | Kuscah 44/60/65 | O'Pari 50/20/1
Ra'Prow 32/0/0 | Zenzoze 38/18/0 | Ba'gunar 35/10/1
Sorman 10/11/0 | U'nasag 10/0/0 | Jaguna 10/0/0

I do have a red starwhip at level 12 currently.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Oof, you're in a tough spot because of your ice SS's... if you want to attempt Grace method, get your Zuzu 2nd job up.

My guess is you won't be able to pull it off and will have to do it the hard way; I imagine your team would be Pizfer/Zuzu/Daiana/Eileen/Grace/Kuscah though

Oof, you're in a tough spot because of your ice SS's... if you want to attempt Grace method, get your Zuzu 2nd job up.

My guess is you won't be able to pull it off and will have to do it the hard way; I imagine your team would be Pizfer/Zuzu/Daiana/Eileen/Grace/Kuscah though

Maybe i can lvl up bahamut to 65 by tomorrow and get daiana's 1st job to 65 along the way? Ill also have Zuzu 3rd job to 50~ since it will mean more skillsets than just going to 65 on job 2. the fights will take a while i know since its 2 mages and 2 physical instead of 4 mages or 4 physical wailing on it :s

do elemental skills like fire arrows/thunder blade count as physical attacks or magic?

HawthorneKitty

Maybe i can lvl up bahamut to 65 by tomorrow and get daiana's 1st job to 65 along the way? Ill also have Zuzu 3rd job to 50~ since it will mean more skillsets than just going to 65 on job 2. the fights will take a while i know since its 2 mages and 2 physical instead of 4 mages or 4 physical wailing on it :s

do elemental skills like fire arrows/thunder blade count as physical attacks or magic?
The problem with Bahamut is that is sucks offensively, especially when you need 30 more lvs to get another attack; Daiana's 65 is a physical attack, don't know how much it would help. Zuzu's second job is more important because of the better skills, get his 3rd for Tera, but 2nd job is where his best damage comes from.

I would still try to favor beating it the normal way since you have access to Ice Pills, Levitate and Ice attacks.

Anything with an element is counted as magic.

Hige

The problem with Bahamut is that is sucks offensively, especially when you need 30 more lvs to get another attack; Daiana's 65 is a physical attack, don't know how much it would help.
Daiana's Mantle Chunk is a fire element skill; Terra Battle X has had the wrong info up forever. I almost didn't level up her first job because of that until I saw a youtube video that showed the skill doing elemental damage.

HawthorneKitty

Daiana's Mantle Chunk is a fire element skill; Terra Battle X has had the wrong info up forever. I almost didn't level up her first job because of that until I saw a youtube video that showed the skill doing elemental damage.
Good to know.

Wait, PERMA? Like, post battle?
I guess I should have said for the rest of the battle since shields in other games regenerate, sorry.

Deitus

I think he could pull off the Grace method if he just had a decent level 65 physical attacker.

I just did it the other day (took me 3 runs to get the drops though) with Grace/Rikken/Pupropu/Bahamut/Olber/Kuscah all level 65. Olber didn't help much since he had only one attack skill, but Grace, Rikken, Pupropu, and Bahamut were enough to take out the enemy group on the left in one attack, which is the main thing (aside from positioning) that determines if you can pull off the Grace method or not. If he could get Zuzu, or some other phyiscal attacker up to the 60s in time, he could probably do the same.

Here's the positioning I found worked for me:
Code:
- M L L O -
- P L L O -
- E - - E -
- E - - E -
- G - - M -

G is Grace, M are mages, P is your most powerful physical attacker, L is Leviathan, E are the other enemies in the fight, O is whoever else you bring into the fight (it probably doesn't matter who, but you will probably want Kuscah at least to take on the earlier stages), and dashes are empty spaces.

Positioning is absolutely critical. You need to have at least the top 4 characters in position at the end of stage 4, so that when Leviathan appears they will already be in place. There is no room to maneuver them into place once the fight starts (now that long distance swapping was patched out). You also need to make sure the Power Pill doesn't get trapped in a position that you can't get at it, because it won't work if you can't get a power pill on the first round. It also won't work if either of your mages are out of position, you don't have a powerful physical attacker in the correct spot, or if Grace is in one of the upper positions instead of the lower ones (will only get 3 activations of Def Down instead of 4).

If you had really powerful physical attackers, and/or an SS fire mage, you might be able to afford to be a bit more flexible with positioning, but for my team, I found everything had to be exactly this way, or I couldn't beat him.

i'm gonna bumrush zuzu's 3rd job to 35, then switch to job 2 and bumrush to 65 or as close to 60 before last day. ill also pair him up with bahamut job 1 for the aoe.

so would a team of Zuzu, bahamut, daiana (now job 1/3 lv 65), Kuscah (job 2/3 lv 65), Eileen job 2 ~lv 60 (i can try to lvl her with the other guys, her job 3 is 40~), Grace job 3 lv 66 do?

Guys I know must of you are all pros in the game but I'm a total noob, I'm downloading this game right now for iOS but is there any tip that any of you can give me for a firstimer with the game?

anaron

I hope the Mitsuda & Shimomura download starter goals are the fill-in between the Matsuno dungeon/Amano designs and the 2 million milestobe

Aexact

i'm gonna bumrush zuzu's 3rd job to 35, then switch to job 2 and bumrush to 65 or as close to 60 before last day. ill also pair him up with bahamut job 1 for the aoe.

so would a team of Zuzu, bahamut, daiana (now job 1/3 lv 65), Kuscah (job 2/3 lv 65), Eileen job 2 ~lv 60 (i can try to lvl her with the other guys, her job 3 is 40~), Grace job 3 lv 66 do?
I dunno if Zuzu is enough to carry you through after Grace breaks the barrier but if Deitus could do it with a Grace/Rikken/Pupropu/Bahamut/Olber/Kuscah team, guess it might work out after all.

I know one guy who triggered the attacks in the wrong order so only Grace was the attacker and with Tera Bow, it got it to 1/2 health. It's probably better if your attacker is positioned in the bottom right, since in my experience, I noticed that units on the bottom left will trigger their skills first. Tends to go bottom left, top left, top right, bottom right. Of course the unit you're controlling will get dibs. As long as the last person to go is the physical damage dealer.

Welp. Too low level to try for the trident. Everybody except my Zerro gets blown up at the 25% HP remaining attack.
Man, everyone gets blown up by Icicle. My team of level 70s at full health and anyone who wasn't an SS or mage/healer died instantly. It's a matter of Ice Capsules. Or as one person tried, just surviving Icicle, since Leviathan only does it once. Either through using Energy to revive or using Opari to shield at least two people to finish off Leviathan with Reduce Ice Damage Adjacent.

Hige

1-5 is the only thing that makes sense. Skill boosts cap at +0.2% per dungeon, so it's the most efficient. It's tedious as hell though.

Hige

Why this map? I need to grind skill boosts eventually, too...
It has the most enemies of the chapter 1 stages and only costs 1 stamina. Since you can only get up to +0.2% boost per run no matter what dungeon, there's no point in grinding other stages even if they have respawning enemies or whatever. The stamina efficiency of 1-5 is just too good.

My strategy is to line up 5 characters along the bottom row and initiate pincer attacks with a melee character. It takes some time to learn how to play with the AI to get them to separate and not stay right next to each other; that allows you to kill them one at a time and still use area attacks.

HawthorneKitty

wut
VlT4JaF.png

They also rolled 4 times; got:
Bahl
Sorman
Zeera
Metupi

#notrigged

LOL, they did metal zone and got 2 runners at the start

Visceir

I'd ask what show that is but the name wouldnt tell me anything anyway. What's that third monster icon in the tavern tho? What does the japanese text under it say?

As for B% boost, I usually do coin creeps all weekend and a power point is always available in those, I usually get extra % for all characters. If you wanted to go the extra lenght and make sure everyone gets a skill boost then you could just destroy the bombs that are being summoned over and over again.

Don't think I could handle the 1-5 grind

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wait, how exactly do you get a skill boost? Is it random? Or do you need to trigger it somehow?

Also, should I spend time raising any monster levels?

HawthorneKitty

So much hax, they used Grace+Ice Capsule+Levitate on Levia.

Haha, they took Grace out for an Ice User on Levia 3 and forgot to activate Levitate and they lost their ice user.

Something new
D4LuHVi.png

Top Bottom