• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Visceir

Metal zone 4 & 5 will be available during the weekend in the arena and there will be a new event next week (Im guessing either bahamut final stage or Odin)

I'm tempted to see what Metal Zone ticket farming would be like with 2 Treasure Hunter characters but I'll probably spend the weekend doing coin creeps again.

linkent

Is it 5 free energy a week? My 8 day reward was 3 energy and I was expecting 5?

Days Bonus
1 500 Coins
2 800 Coins
3 1,000 Coins
4 1,500 Coins
5 2 Energy
6 2,000 Coins
7 3,000 Coins
8 3 Energy
It begin again from 1 after 8days.

The other login bonus is for total login bonus where u can get 3 energy on 10/30/60 days login

Thx for the code!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Days Bonus
1 500 Coins
2 800 Coins
3 1,000 Coins
4 1,500 Coins
5 2 Energy
6 2,000 Coins
7 3,000 Coins
8 3 Energy
It begin again from 1 after 8days.

The other login bonus is for total login bonus where u can get 3 energy on 10/30/60 days login

Thx for the code!

Ah gotcha. Thanks!! I've actually considered buying some energy, which I said I wouldn't do when I started this game, haha.

Hige

Wait, how exactly do you get a skill boost? Is it random? Or do you need to trigger it somehow?

Also, should I spend time raising any monster levels?
Skill boosts occur randomly after a skill activates. Here's a guide that goes into more detail.

As far as monsters go, the best ones are farmable late-game bosses (around chapter 25+). I'm looking at my list right now and I'd say the other interesting ones (from earlier chapters) are:

-Mantledrake (fire mage)
-Megacell (ice mage)
-Regenercell (healer and area magic attack boost)
-Red Starwhip (magic defense -20% and Leviathan slayer)
-Bomborg (only farmable bomb maker available)

And if you want status effects:
-Paralypede (paralysis)
-Mech Orbling (sleep)
-Wastecell (confusion)
-Poison and Demoralize are available too but AFAIK they're garbage status effects. >_>

Mantledrake and Megacell are the most useful while you're still working through story mode; the other ones are more situational. Check the wikia for drop locations.

I'd ask what show that is but the name wouldnt tell me anything anyway. What's that third monster icon in the tavern tho? What does the japanese text under it say?
It says skill (something). It's too blurry for me to read. Looks like some kind of monster skill enhancement thing? I wonder if it's for farmable monsters or just the upcoming summons.

So what's the superstition behind pulling at different hours in the day?
I just pulled a Ra'prow again with that 3 energy (and some other energy I had left over.)

Hige

They gave out prizes for that Blade Falcon contest and I didn't win. I went to the trouble of uploading 29 fucking videos (without making a Kamcord profile) and it seems they must've used e-mail information associated with making a Kamcord profile to contact winners. -_- I thought they would send me a DM on twitter since they make you share videos to facebook or twitter. No more contests for me. FML.

They gave out prizes for that Blade Falcon contest and I didn't win. I went to the trouble of uploading 29 fucking videos (without making a Kamcord profile) and it seems they must've used e-mail information associated with making a Kamcord profile to contact winners. -_- I thought they would send me a DM on twitter since they make you share videos to facebook or twitter. No more contests for me. FML.
Damn wth. I don't recall the rules asking for it.

Game wouldn't let me use the Kamcord option, and it sucks because I really wanted to get in this contest.

Now I need to find someone to buy the magazine for me.

Hige

Yeah, the initial rules didn't say you needed a profile. I didn't want to create yet another account/password for something given how everything gets compromised these days lol.

I would've just bought it if it was cheap and easy enough to acquire like Ethereal was.

Soulflarz

Banned
Sooo whyd they make tile skipping a lot harder again? (Still a ton easier, but harder to skip 4 tiles at once or something) I havent played for a few weeks really :/

AAAaaaa 28s boss is cruel

tried highest lvl levi just to see what its like.

1st round i lost kuscah, my daiana got confused and she was my anti-fire pill person. i strayed too far off the path on the screen and went over the bombs which left the reamining members of my team with sliver of hp.

:/ 40 stam gone in less than 10 seconds

Deitus

1st round i lost kuscah, my daiana got confused and she was my anti-fire pill person. i strayed too far off the path on the screen and went over the bombs which left the reamining members of my team with sliver of hp.

That's when you're supposed to force close the app, and re-open it so you can start the round again fresh. No way I would have beaten Leviathan 3 without abusing that.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

Ouch, you need to prioritize killing the confuse users; you have Levitate for the mines right? Wait, it goes over the mines, right?

meow

Got the promo code energy, 60 day login bonus, and 8th day consecutive login bonus. Pulled Velraine! No shenanigans with her, looks like, but an ice/dark sword user is interesting.

tried a 2nd time. same team. beat 1st round.

confused characters went over mines and still activated them with levitate. 2nd set of 40 stam gone.

i can tell i aint ready , ill wait for the 2nd round of levi when i have a better team and all of them leveled. too many ice characters as it is anyways.

linkent

Velraine skills looks nice but not great.
At least her skills doesnt conflict elementally like Zan.
Zan has fire and ice which if you hit fire/ice absorbing enemy, it will took the extra damage from one then absorb the other. -_-"

Aexact

tried a 2nd time. same team. beat 1st round.

confused characters went over mines and still activated them with levitate. 2nd set of 40 stam gone.

i can tell i aint ready , ill wait for the 2nd round of levi when i have a better team and all of them leveled. too many ice characters as it is anyways.
Yeah, I heard about that. Dodging Leviathan's Maelstorm requires Levitation but in the battles preceding Leviathan, the Sea Mines start floating and turn into really big bombs if the player activates Levitation. So mean spirited, haha.

Not that I have first hand experience, I have no Levitate.

Pulled Grace on the last day of leviathan. Any chance to level her third job up to 65 in one day? :/

Yeah, just farm metal tickets and get her to lvl 60 thanks to metal zones. Then, you may need to spend a couple of energy to run chapter 20 about 5 times. However, I think it'd be better if you just waited for the event to reappear.

Kntj

Yeah, just farm metal tickets and get her to lvl 60 thanks to metal zones. Then, you may need to spend a couple of energy to run chapter 20 about 5 times. However, I think it'd be better if you just waited for the event to reappear.

Thanks. I'm missing some wisdom flowers for the job upgrade too, so I think I'll just try leviathan one more time with my current party.

dramatis

Finally beat that bastard Leviathan Ultra. Can't remember how much stamina I wasted, at some point I said goddamn it and used the save trick. Didn't have any badass physical attackers but had Grace; didn't have a Magic Defense -20$ monster but had badass mages :|

In the end I just eeked Leviathan out and thankfully the Trident dropped.

Phew, I just beat Neo Leviathan… Even with 3 SSs, 2 chars with ice capsule and a lvl 60+ team, I always died because of poor initial unit placement and bad luck with maelstrom. Thank god the goblet dropped too :lol

Not even going to bother with Ultra Leviathan, I'd get insta rent. To be honest, I'm not really sure if I should get Leviathan to its second job, what if my next drop is Piz'fer? I've only got my SSs to job 3 with this reasoning, I guess that's why my Daiana died so easily unless she started to get 0 ice damage thanks to the ice capsules...

dramatis

Phew, I just beat Neo Leviathan… Even with 3 SSs, 2 chars with ice capsule and a lvl 60+ team, I always died because of poor initial unit placement and bad luck with maelstrom. Thank god the goblet dropped too :lol

Not even going to bother with Ultra Leviathan, I'd get insta rent. To be honest, I'm not really sure if I should get Leviathan to its second job, what if my next drop is Piz'fer? I've only got my SSs to job 3 with this reasoning, I guess that's why my Daiana died so easily unless she started to get 0 ice damage thanks to the ice capsules...
Maybe just the lack of Levitation, an ice user, and a healer? I beat Neo Leviathan handily with a sub-60 team, but probably also because I had Amerpact to smash the barrier and Elvern for levitate. I even used Palpa for Neo Leviathan instead of a real healer (lol). It was for Ultra that I had to beef everyone to 70 and I had only 1 SS character (still have only 1 SS character altogether...).

meow

I'm definitely not getting ultra leviathan, was pain enough beating neo leviathan multiple times with a sub-40 team since he wouldn't drop the upgrade item.

Jagernaut

To beat the 2nd Leviathan do I need ice capsules? I have Gegonago for Levitate but Leviathan is my only Ice Mage and I don't have ice capsules. My starter was Bahl, never pulled Grace. I have a Lv 50 Mantledrake as my only Fire Mage.

Akito

PoF finally dropped me the first non-monster character after spending a shit ton of gold, hell yeah
it was Jaguna of course

Any tips to take out the easiest level of Levi before he goes away?

What's your team? Did you roll Grace in the beginning? If you do, you can create a strong physical damage team that can beat him without breaking the barrier.

I got my Levi to 30% farming Ultra, since it's basically guaranteed with Rikken. I slacked off a lot since I topped off my stamina a lot of times.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
What's your team? Did you roll Grace in the beginning? If you do, you can create a strong physical damage team that can beat him without breaking the barrier.

I got my Levi to 30% farming Ultra, since it's basically guaranteed with Rikken. I slacked off a lot since I topped off my stamina a lot of times.
Easiest Levia has no barrier and he probably doesn't have Grace 3 65.

Easiest Levia has no barrier and he probably doesn't have Grace 3 65.

Oh my bad, I thought he was asking for the easiest way to beat Levi.

In that case it's just bring someone who can cure confusion or use levitate, while attacking with fire if possible. Levi also shoots his spells in a certain pattern, so just get used to that and you really won't get hit unless you don't have a way to avoid or mitigate maelstrom.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks - and no, I do not have Grace. When I started the game (right around the US release), I stuck with Jennish.

Currently have:

SS
Jennish

S
Palpa - Has Clarity (but mine is only job 2)

A
Daiana
Eileen - Has Levitation (but mine is only job 1)
Maralme
Nakupi

B
Amazora
Ba'gunar
Bahl
Kuscah
Sh'berdan
Sorman
U'nasag
Zan

I MAY have to pass this time if I can't get my team leveled quick enough.

Hige

just started. First roll is Zerro SS rank at lv 10. I supppose she is good but have no idea how to use her.
The SS mages are amazing. All you really need to do is lead pincer attacks with your melee characters and make sure Zerro is lined up with one of them. She'll take care of business from afar. :p

Top Bottom