• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

FOOTE

pZeIF.jpg

:lol

Not sure what the Cards are planning with Taveras this season. My guess is that they might bring him up as the 4th outfielder(who will play quite a lot).

I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_40o7_Se5x8&feature=related

There's a Facebook group that just started called A Note For Ernie that is petitioning for the Cards to retire a musical note in his honor if you're interested in that.

What? So future organists wouldn't be allowed to play that note anymore?

LOL. fuckin Oliver Perez. I bet they'll give him a shot at being a starter again.

He was actually pretty good in the bullpen last year. I'm okay with re-signing him. We could do much, much worse for relief pitching.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Nice to see Peralta re-sign with the Rays. Kind of a frustrating season last year but his peripheral stats are still great and it was a really team friendly deal (2/6). That Brandon League deal keeps looking more and more atrocious.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently the Twins are inquiring about Shields. Hmm. I don't love the idea of Span for Shields (or trading Span at all, honestly). I'm not sure how interested the Rays would be in Revere. It's going to be an interesting off season.

Interesting, Yankees just signed Eli Whiteside. Do they think that our catchers will suddenly combine to form another Buster Posey?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Ashkon be back!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0sE5EJKXdY

Down 0-2, after two quiet nights,
Headed out on the road, it felt like goodbye,
Then came a speech, and Vogey was strong,
A Freak in the pen and an MVP slam had us heading back home!

Chorus:
Now we are the champions, my friends...
Cuz we kept fighting, til the end,
We are the champions, we are the champions,
No time for losers, cuz we are the champions
Of the world

Down 3-1, our last hope on the mound,
Pitched the game of his life as we cried #RallyZito,
He made all of us proud,
And our second half hero continued to soar,
A taste of the heavens, we won it in seven as it rained and poured!

-Chorus-

After all that we'd been through, we were finally there,
And all they kept talking about was this damn pitcher, like we should be scared,
But the heart of a Giant, can never be torn,
A Panda ate Tigers for dinner, we swept, and proved everyone wrong!

Alt Chorus:
We are the champions again,
Cuz we kept on fighting til the end,
We are the champions, we are the champions,
No time for DODGERS, cuz we are the champions
Of the world

-Chorus-

END
acanq.gif

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Vas, my honor has been sullied. how dare you call me a honkey. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

what does honkey even mean?

Vas, my honor has been sullied. how dare you call me a honkey. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.
what does honkey even mean?

Went to the experts at Urban Dictionary.

a derogatory term for a Caucasian person. there are three main theories for the origin of the word:
1. the word originated from the practice of white males wishing to hire African-American prostitutes in the 1920's,and going to the appropriate part of town while honking their car horns to attract the whores. Some versions state that the reason for this was that the white men were too afraid to actually stop in those neighborhoods,so the honking would bring the hookers to them. Others say that since few African-Americans could afford cars back in that time,the honking signaled a higher-paying white client and would quickly gain the prostitutes attention.
2. the term comes from the word "honky-tonk",which was used as early as 1875 in reference to wild saloons in the Old West. Patrons of such disreputable establishments were referred to as "honkies",not intended as a racial slur but still a disparaging term.
3. "honkie" is a variation of "hunky" and "bohunk",derogatory terms for Hungarian,Bohemian,and Polish immigrant factory workers and hard laborers in the early 1900's. African-Americans began to use the word in reference to all whites regardless of specific nation of origin.

also spelled "honkie".

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
This is what a real racist looks like:

Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance, Jr., today announced the guilty plea of DELMON YOUNG, 27, to Aggravated Harassment in the Second Degree, for approaching four men outside the Hilton New York hotel at 1335 Avenue of the Americas at approximately 2:30 a.m. on April 27, 2012, and shouting an anti-Semitic slur before tackling one of the individuals to the ground. The defendant has been ordered to complete 10 days of community service and participate in a mandatory restorative justice program at the Museum of Tolerance New York. If the defendant complies with those conditions, he will be permitted to withdraw his plea and instead plead guilty to Harassment in the Second Degree, a violation, on May 7, 2013.

BBWAA will annouce the Top 3 rite finalist for the Cy Young, Manager, Rookie awards, Top 5 for Mvp at 6 est MLB network. Thanks alot Sandy for taking my cable away! :(

BFIB

This is amazing. Its almost as if the Mets are trying to win.

That means, time to give Hamilton 9/200!

Bay gets his $16 million 2013 salary, the $3 million buyout of his 2014 option, and a $2 million bonus. He agreed to have some of it deferred without interest.

zulux21

The White Sox have acquired Blake Tekotte from the Padres for a player to be named later, reports Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com (on Twitter). San Diego designated the speedy outfielder for assignment last week.

Tekotte, 25, has hit .163/.226/.224 in 55 plate appearances for the Padres over the last two years. He's a .269/.355/.445 career hitter at the minor league level. Baseball America ranked Tekotte as San Diego's 15th best prospect before the season in their Prospect Handbook, saying he "makes enough contact against lefties and fields well enough to remain relevant as a potential center-field regular"

This is it the white sox winning it all next season!!!
Kidding aside I do wonder if this is a move to something else though, the white sox outfield is pretty well set and we have a pretty decent back up in jordan danks.

Of course my new GM has said if he feels a move will improve the team at all he will make it even if it's a small improvement so maybe he just made the trade to get a slightly better player than the one he gave away in the farm system lol.

Top Bottom