• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

rando14

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale
The Seattle #Mariners and the Baltimore #Orioles are expected to be the finalists for Josh Hamiltons' services,several GMs predict. #Rangers

LOL. Weed was just made legal in Washington too.

ibmhDPASj34Auf.gif

A lot of guys in STL swore by McGwire. A few actually went to him for help while he was still in hiding before he returned to baseball.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Oh i had no idea. thought it was great great great grand mom who lived in Thailand kind of a thing. Thats cool though. Dats y the WBC awesome!

His father was stationed in Thailand and boom Johnny Damon!

My professor was really hyping her up today. Saying shes the only intelluctual in the Senate instead of all these hacks we have now.

Nick Swisher and Rafael Soriano have declined the qualifying offers from the Yankees.

Michael Bourn has declined the qualifying offer from the Braves.

Mariners and Rangers are said to have the biggest interest in Swisher.

as a mechanically sound hitter?
Mechanically swing-wise? Maybe not. I think he really helped our hitters with their plate discipline and looking for their pitch to drive.

Perhaps all the roids had an effect in scaring pitchers from grooving pitches to him but a career .394 OBP is pretty good.

Nick Swisher and Rafael Soriano have declined the qualifying offers from the Yankees.

Michael Bourn has declined the qualifying offer from the Braves.

Mariners and Rangers are said to have the biggest interest in Swisher.

Wow...Wonder what they offer him that he said no to..They really need to seal him ASAP

Opiate

The Reds look extremely strong for next year and, unlike the Cardinals, have obvious holes to plug at places like third base.

The Cardinals "problem" is that they don't particularly have a problem. You could upgrade the bench, certainly, and of course it would be possible to replace one of our infielders with a superstar or something like that, but there isn't any position that is dramatically underperforming and which could see an immediate improvement with modest expense. I don't expect an active offseason for the Cardinals not only because they're low on money but because there just isn't much of a way of making a big impact other than getting an MVP caliber player to replace a decent player at second base or third base or something.

Rosenthal says the top four teams in it for Hamilton are the Orioles, Mariners, Phillies, and Nationals. Nationals interest is mild right now compared to what it would be if Adam LaRoche leaves.

JABEE

The qualifying offer is a 1-year, $13.3 million deal. If the player declines, the team gets a compensatory draft pick if he signs with another team.

Yeah. It's mostly a way for teams to protect their rights to the draft pick compensations. There was no realistic chance that Bourn was going to accept a one-year deal. He's off to free agency, where he will probably get the same or more dollar amount with a longer term.

FOOTE

The Reds look extremely strong for next year and, unlike the Cardinals, have obvious holes to plug at places like third base.

The Cardinals "problem" is that they don't particularly have a problem. You could upgrade the bench, certainly, and of course it would be possible to replace one of our infielders with a superstar or something like that, but there isn't any position that is dramatically underperforming and which could see an immediate improvement with modest expense. I don't expect an active offseason for the Cardinals not only because they're low on money but because there just isn't much of a way of making a big impact other than getting an MVP caliber player to replace a decent player at second base or third base or something.

I really think the Cardinals are happy with what they have going into the winter meetings. They will want a healthy Furcal to show up for spring and maybe they'd like to land a everyday 2nd base. Other than that they are set position-wise, and it looks like they are ready to bring up some AAA guys(we know the names don't want to list them all) to fill any pitching holes.

As a fan, I'm ok with all of that.

Next winter is where the Cards are going to need to make a few decisions. IMO

Enron

Banned
Rosenthal says the top four teams in it for Hamilton are the Orioles, Mariners, Phillies, and Nationals. Nationals interest is mild right now compared to what it would be if Adam LaRoche leaves.

Oh please let this happen. You owe us one for that infield fly rule, baseball gods!

Supposedly at the GM meetings, the Rangers tried to acquire Andrelton Simmons from the Braves in an attempt to flip him to the Diamondbacks in a Justin Upton trade. The Braves asked for either Elvis Andrus or Jurickson Profar in return in the deal. Rangers said no, and the Braves said no thanks.

My girlfriend is more distraught over David Ross leaving than she was over the Omar Infante trade. Didn't think that was possible.

Top Bottom