• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

bluemax

Banned
So Team Venezuela's infield for the WBC is pretty good:

SP Felix Hernandez
3B Pablo Sandoval
SS Elvis Andrus
2B Asdrubal Cabrera
1B Miguel Cabrera
C Miguel Montero

rekameohs

Banned
Kind of shitty at Catcher, but otherwise that'd be the start of a pretty good MLB team.

tumblr_m8f1f7CRHI1rtc9of.gif

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
They haven't been .500 since I was 3 years old, so basically they've been complete shit for as long as I remember.
As a Braves fan outside of a few years its been the exact opposite for me.

<------ Spoiled

clemenx

Banned
So Team Venezuela's infield for the WBC is pretty good:

SP Felix Hernandez
3B Pablo Sandoval
SS Elvis Andrus
2B Asdrubal Cabrera
1B Miguel Cabrera
C Miguel Montero
It will probably be Cabrera at SS and Scutaro at 2B :(

Dumb people here for some reason don't get how great Elvis is.

Macattk15

Lol I had a conversation with someone earlier today about Miguel Montero and they confused him for Jesus Montero as well.

Because besides true fans of baseball and casual fans of the Dbacks ... who the fuck would know who Miguel Montero is? Sounds like generic Latin baseball player #494828293.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Ryan Howard sucks, David Wright will never win a MVP and Jason Heyward is your new GOD.

So it's mid-way through January.

Michael Bourn, Rafael Soriano, and Kyle Lohse haven't signed anywhere. Lohse said he hasn't even gotten an offer yet this offseason besides the Cardinals qualifying offer, lol.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The Jets/Mets fans are the most depressing people on the planet. I uttered the name Ryan Howard several years ago and it brought a grown man to tears.

How would you rank the various NY combinations? Right now I think the worst would be Jets/Mets/Nets/Islanders. Until the Knicks collapse anyway.

Sanjuro

How would you rank the various NY combinations? Right now I think the worst would be Jets/Mets/Nets/Islanders. Until the Knicks collapse anyway.

It's hard to factor in those fanbases, as they are/have transitioned to Brooklyn. I would say it's mostly just Knicks and Rangers and will probably remain that way. There are also a ton of Celtics fans in New York as well due to the Knicks being a garbage franchise.

Is the Cobb movie any good?

It's a great comedy.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Yeah, I'm a Knicks/Rangers fan, but I'm not nearly into basketball/hockey as I am into baseball/football.

eznark

Banned
Most evidence now points to the book Cobb was based on was nothing more than lies peddled by a con man to make a name for himself.

There are more than a dozen alterations and amendments on the table. Among them is the fake-to-third, throw-to-first pickoff move, which would be ruled a balk, and the allowance of an interpreter to accompany a pitching coach or manager to the mound and assist in communicating with pitchers who don't speak fluent English.

Fucking retarded.

Top Bottom