• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Fenix

Just saw a pic from the Jays Winter Tour stop in Saskatoon... pretty sure Colby Rasmus has still not cut his hair. Looks about shoulder length.

Edit:
iAMWDvkYg4FZE.jpg

Amazing.

McNei1y

January to March is the worst wait. Spring Training is nice and all but by the second week you just want the real thing. I am glad we have WBC though.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I think the worst wait is the time between pitchers and catchers report and the time st games start.

Rumors going around that the Braves are preparing to make an offer of Randall Delgado, Eric O'Flaherty, Nick Ahmed, and Zeke Spruill to the Diamondbacks for Justin Upton.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Rumors going around that the Braves are preparing to make an offer of Randall Delgado, Eric O'Flaherty, Nick Ahmed, and Zeke Spruill to the Diamondbacks for Justin Upton.
So... Basically the exact hypothetical offer I suggested yesterday? Cool.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
That package is probably an overpay just like the mariners but considering we have medlen, beachy, minor and Teheran for awhile and some pitchers in the minors I think we can afford giving up Delgado.
So... Basically the exact hypothetical offer I suggested yesterday? Cool.
Confirmed. CygnusXS is Frank Wren.

cashman

Banned
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN
The Diamondbacks like Mike Olt, and presumably, if there's an Upton deal with Texas arranged, he'd be a guy Arizona would want.

Olt Sardinas and Buckel/Perez for Upton.

Friggz

All that for a guy whose splits scream Dexter Fowler?

Upton is 25, a career 278/357/475 hitter, steals bases, and is yearr removed from MVP-caliber season, signed thru 2015. The h/r splits are worth the risk. Not to mention that his home park in arlington is a far cry from the canyons he plays in, in the NL west.

Ryan Braun and Glen Perkins will play for Team USA in WBC. Chris Sale will not due to workload. Brandon Phillips hinted at playing also. Adrian Beltre will play for DR.

Syrinx

I'll try extremely hard to not to say shit about you being doom and gloom this coming MLB season. I'm sorry man.

... Outside of a bit of a Freeman meltdown your team was going to make the playoffs.

I think it was more, "Nick Foles somehow made us his bitch and made everyone on the team say 'Fuck this shit'."

I think Mets/Jets is worse. At least you have a relatively recent championship.

Ten years ago when I was in fifth grade. Since then, two playoff appearances and zero playoff wins. Least you guys went to the AFC title game two years in a row. Though despite Freeman's inconsistencies, we do have a much better QB situation.

Whatever. We can all agree that being a Mets fan totally sucks ass.

Top Bottom