• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Link

The Autumn Wind
Ten years ago when I was in fifth grade. Since then, two playoff appearances and zero playoff wins. Least you guys went to the AFC title game two years in a row. Though despite Freeman's inconsistencies, we do have a much better QB situation.

Whatever. We can all agree that being a Mets fan totally sucks ass.
Yeah, the Jets were good for a couple of years, but now they're in serious cap trouble and stuck with Sanchez's horrible contract. It's going to be a very dark couple of years. At least the Bucs are trending upward.

And yes, we can agree on the Mets.

Jubs

The only thing that would make this day even better is if they announced Justin Upton was traded to the Braves.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I've tried to care about the NFL, but I've just never gotten there. Wouldn't even know who to cheer for. I mean, I've kind of rooted for the Packers since Favre's last year there, but it hasn't stuck yet.

Fenix

Damn, that's Lawrie, Reyes, Dickey and Edwin all going to the WBC. Bautista wants to go too, but they're probably not gonna let him. I think I saw something about Melky wanting to play as well.

Fuck that's a lot of Jays.

David Wright is already in Florida getting ready for the WBC, Kirk Nieuwenhuis is healthy and could play for the Netherlands, but I don't think Mets are allowing him to.

Damn, that's Lawrie, Reyes, Dickey and Edwin all going to the WBC. Bautista wants to go too, but they're probably not gonna let him. I think I saw something about Melky wanting to play as well.

Just read the most players from a team allowed in WBC is 8.

Trying to think of something snarky to say, but I can't; I'm just terrified every single one of them is going to get hurt.

Going to be funny when Japan wins again.
3725151_o.gif

Supposedly Cole Hamels is reporting "major shoulder soreness" during his offseason throwing routine. A couple of people in the Phillies org are scared shitless.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Supposedly Cole Hamels is reporting "major shoulder soreness" during his offseason throwing routine. A couple of people in the Phillies org are scared shitless.
Good thing they have the payroll flexibility to be able to absorb his lost playing time.

McNei1y

I forgot what the pitching situation was like in the 2009 WBC. Was there a lot of problems trying to get pitchers to pitch on the staff for many of these teams? I mean it's practice and a good way to get going early, but I feel like a lot of these pitchers arms will be tired come the later half of the year.

I forgot what the pitching situation was like in the 2009 WBC. Was there a lot of problems trying to get pitchers to pitch on the staff for many of these teams? I mean it's practice and a good way to get going early, but I feel like a lot of these pitchers arms will be tired come the later half of the year.
Yea its tough to get pitchers. Only starters to commit so far are Pettitte, Dickey, and Vogelsong. Chris Sale already declined because of workload.

Nervous that they might get injured but it will give them a chance to get warmed in competitive game situations which can't be a bad thing.

You clearly cursed the Mets.
I don't count 1986 because I hardly remember any games then, but I do remember my family sitting down and watching most of the playoffs. And of course Game 6 of the World Series. :p
On radio today they said that the soreness is already gone and he will resume working out soon. I am sure he will be fine for the season.
That's what I'm hearing on Twitter, he'll take like a week off or something and resume his program.

Sanjuro

The Jets/Mets fans are the most depressing people on the planet. I uttered the name Ryan Howard several years ago and it brought a grown man to tears.

harSon

Banned
At least you've seen playoff runs even a WS appearance. 1998 fan here so this year will mark my 15th straight season where I wont see a playoff team or even .500 team

They haven't been .500 since I was 3 years old, so basically they've been complete shit for as long as I remember.

Macattk15

It's pretty depressing to be an M's fan.

Besides the high points of 1995 and 2001 ... that is really ALL there is.

NO AL Pennants, 3 Division wins and ONE wildcard.

36 years. Jack shit to show for any of it.

Always looking to the future ....

Top Bottom